Started by Nascar017 , Apr 06 2010 10:22 PM

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

amazindeals
  • amazindeals
  • Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Sounds like a cron thing. Php sites use a cron ton close auctions. If their is not set up right the timer could be on zero and you cans till bid!

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Hi, has anyone received their gift cards yet? It's been over a month since my still hasn't received her $50 walmart card and I haven't received my won gift cards from beginning of this month. Just wondering the time frame to get your won items.

I won a starbuck card 0n May 1st and received it in about 2 weeks.

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Hi, has anyone received their gift cards yet? It's been over a month since my still hasn't received her $50 walmart card and I haven't received my won gift cards from beginning of this month. Just wondering the time frame to get your won items.

I won a starbucks card on may 1st and received it in about 2 weeks

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I won a starbucks card on may 1st and received it in about 2 weeks

Hi, thank you for your response. I guess they forgot to send my gift cards. I better e-mailed them.

Have a great holiday. :)

Nascar017
  • Nascar017
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Last night there was a $50 Footlocker gift card that said SOLD yet the auction continued on.
I first saw the SOLD price at $0.99 then at $1.19 then at $1.27 then at $1.44 then again at $1.45 yet again at $1.50 again at $1.70 again at $1.90 and at $1.97 yet again at $2.00 and finally at $2.14, which ended up being the final sale price. For a site that has been up and running for 2.5 months you would think they would "have the bugs worked out" by now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the management doesn't care that the program needs fixing. Or is it that the program was bought by some fly by night programmer and the management has no idea how to fix it.
I am amazed at the number of users that continue to put up with this type of bad business. How many of you continue to complain to the management? Or it you just don't care how well the timers work???????
Quite frankly I am surprised nobody has tried to file a lawsuit against them. All you would have to do is show screen shots to a lawyer and bid4millions would have to pay. I have already confirmed this through my attorney.

Chocolate
  • Chocolate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Last night there was a $50 Footlocker gift card that said SOLD yet the auction continued on.
I first saw the SOLD price at $0.99 then at $1.19 then at $1.27 then at $1.44 then again at $1.45 yet again at $1.50 again at $1.70 again at $1.90 and at $1.97 yet again at $2.00 and finally at $2.14, which ended up being the final sale price. For a site that has been up and running for 2.5 months you would think they would "have the bugs worked out" by now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the management doesn't care that the program needs fixing. Or is it that the program was bought by some fly by night programmer and the management has no idea how to fix it.
I am amazed at the number of users that continue to put up with this type of bad business. How many of you continue to complain to the management? Or it you just don't care how well the timers work???????
Quite frankly I am surprised nobody has tried to file a lawsuit against them. All you would have to do is show screen shots to a lawyer and bid4millions would have to pay. I have already confirmed this through my attorney.

dude, that really sucks when the timer screws up like that. if you were bidding, i hope you emailed them if this caused you a problem. i have found them responsive.

with that said, i almost fell out of my chair when you invoked the 'i talked to my attorney' bit. over half the people i know are attorneys and they wouldn't touch a pissy little case against an on-line penny auction site with a ten foot pole. what would they possibly have to gain . . .

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

That has happened to me before. This site and one other. I think it was choochookazoo. The item page showed the auction was over but on the main page the auction was still running. Talk about major bugs. :smilielol5:
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

That has happened to me before. This site and one other. I think it was choochookazoo. The item page showed the auction was over but on the main page the auction was still running. Talk about major bugs. :smilielol5:

Not up on my army lingo and stuff but is this a Major Bug or a General Bug?

Posted Image

sorry couldn't resist

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

This has hapened to me many times at this site I am so done with this site too many issues and the shipping is horendous 3-weeks to a month. They keep saying it is not financial but there is no excuse for giftcarsd to take that long and I am only 100 miles away (1-2 day ship). Good lick to all on this site but the customer service sucks. Too bad I thought Tony was a decent guy at 1st, but when it comes time to deliver not so much

Chocolate
  • Chocolate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Good lick to all on this site but the customer service sucks.

i'm not going to make dirty jokes. . . i'm not going to make dirty jokes . . .

Serious
  • Serious
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I've been on this site since it started and I've seen them improve it time and again. The customer service has also been great for me, every time I've had an issue on an auction I've had a response from them. As for the 3 weeks, to be honest I thought that was a industry standerd, Sellmoo, Wavee, even Swoopo have all taken 2-3 weeks to send stuff that I've won.

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

I don't play anymore on sites that take 3-4 weeks for shipping. If they don't have the money on hand they shouldn't list any more auctions. There's no excuse. I got customers waiting. drooldrooldrool
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I don't play anymore on sites that take 3-4 weeks for shipping. If they don't have the money on hand they shouldn't list any more auctions. There's no excuse. I got customers waiting. drooldrooldrool

I could not agree more sodaman, I still have items 1 month out from bid4millions, there is no excuse. Bidder beware as thier lead times are only getting worse, their communication has also gotten really bad.

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

I could not agree more sodaman, I still have items 1 month out from bid4millions, there is no excuse. Bidder beware as thier lead times are only getting worse, their communication has also gotten really bad.

oh glad I read this
I was thinking of getting some bids on this site
thanks for posting

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

oh glad I read this
I was thinking of getting some bids on this site
thanks for posting

They also have alot of glitches also poor poor software

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

:redface: Hi, I sure would like to bid on bid4million since it has attractive items that my family would love have if I could win. I noticed it's around 6pm and all the auction is already over. Here in CA most people don't get home until around this time. It would be nice if the site could have little longer bidding hours. I could bid on the weekend and lunch time at work but just my thoughts. :)

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

:redface: Hi, I sure would like to bid on bid4million since it has attractive items that my family would love have if I could win. I noticed it's around 6pm and all the auction is already over. Here in CA most people don't get home until around this time. It would be nice if the site could have little longer bidding hours. I could bid on the weekend and lunch time at work but just my thoughts. :)

Do not waste your time I have won items from 6 weeks ago that I have not recieved yet, the winning part is easy it actually getting the items that is hard. I have recieved some of my won Item but I had the threaten getting the authorities involved in order to receive them. This is too bad as I like the item variety also, just the worse customer service of all time. there shipping lag sure seems like a strong indicater of financial issues...

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Do not waste your time I have won items from 6 weeks ago that I have not recieved yet, the winning part is easy it actually getting the items that is hard. I have recieved some of my won Item but I had the threaten getting the authorities involved in order to receive them. This is too bad as I like the item variety also, just the worse customer service of all time. there shipping lag sure seems like a strong indicater of financial issues...

I also have received a few of my won items but most are way way past due. I have sent email after email and they are full of excuses. "oh I thought we sent it"...etc etc. I won't spend anymore on their site until I receive all my items. I agree with your call on the financial problems.

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

I also have received a few of my won items but most are way way past due. I have sent email after email and they are full of excuses. "oh I thought we sent it"...etc etc. I won't spend anymore on their site until I receive all my items. I agree with your call on the financial problems.

woops this part is mine. Sorry. I also have received a few of my won items but most are way way past due. I have sent email after email and they are full of excuses. "oh I thought we sent it"...etc etc. I won't spend anymore on their site until I receive all my items. I agree with your call on the financial problems

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Thank you for your advice bid-to-2-too-win:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users