Started by NHappraiser , Apr 20 2010 03:37 AM

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

I just found Jeeler and will look into them but now I am curios as to who and what are out there. A while back bidos was mentioned but there domain account has been suspended.

Tim@SpeedClik
  • Tim@SpeedClik
  • Members
  • 662 posts

What about beezid?
I never bid there but I know they have reveal.......although it seems to be only on bid packs so kinda pointless

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I just found Jeeler and will look into them but now I am curios as to who and what are out there. A while back bidos was mentioned but there domain account has been suspended.

Jeeler was the first drop auction that I have tried....and I like it. Maybe it's all psychological, but it's nice to see the price drop instead of go up! I also am looking for more legitimate drop auctions....keyword is legitimate!!
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

mp25bs
  • mp25bs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

bidblink is another good drop auction site

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

bidblink is another good drop auction site

I didn't have much luck on bidblink....always ended up doing a Buy Now. Maybe I was just going after the wrong items??
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

So let me get this straight, bidblink allows the value to go under $0.00? Why and how? I would think that stopping at $0.00 would sort of be the point of a reverse auction. It sets a maximum cap on the product.

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Why would a site want to set a limit to their income?

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Why would a site want to set a limit to their income?

If they didn't want to set a limit why would they start at 10% rather than higher than that, say 20%.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

So let me get this straight, bidblink allows the value to go under $0.00? Why and how? I would think that stopping at $0.00 would sort of be the point of a reverse auction. It sets a maximum cap on the product.

That's exactly right friend. We want to limit our income to Guarantee that:

1.) Our customers get a good deal.

2.) The same items aren't on there "forever".

3.) You know when the Auction will end, and strategically act.

*Note - We are working on getting the bottom price randomly set so that Jumpers can't easily steal items if a price drops that low. Hopefully this will work out well.

Edited by Suladead, 20 April 2010 - 09:08 PM.

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

*Note - We are working on getting the bottom price randomly set so that Jumpers can't easily steal items if a price drops that low. Hopefully this will work out well.

Talk to Jeremiah at Bargainsandfun. He mentioned doing something like a closed group auction for his site that if you were not participating prior to a certain point that you were locked out. You can contact him through his site at bargainsandfun dot com

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Talk to Jeremiah at Bargainsandfun. He mentioned doing something like a closed group auction for his site that if you were not participating prior to a certain point that you were locked out. You can contact him through his site at bargainsandfun dot com

I know that's what Swoopo used to do...they might still do it but I haven't been back there in about 9 months. I did like that feature.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

I know that's what Swoopo used to do...they might still do it but I haven't been back there in about 9 months. I did like that feature.

It does sound like a good feature. I am going to steer clear of the "reveal" auctions and only look into the reverse ones where I can see the price. O and hope no jumper comes in at the end.

mp25bs
  • mp25bs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

yep swoopo had that and it was nice on the big ticket item.
I think the randomness has to be introduced, otherwise, no one will want to place the bid to bring the price down to 0.02 because they will not be able to win the auction at 0.01

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

yep swoopo had that and it was nice on the big ticket item.
I think the randomness has to be introduced, otherwise, no one will want to place the bid to bring the price down to 0.02 because they will not be able to win the auction at 0.01

Yep! How ever you look at it, it's probably for the best that we haven't had items go that low yet. By the end of this week though we hope to have this done along with a whole load of new features.

mp25bs
  • mp25bs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

when bid blink had bids at 10 c each, getting to the 0.00 mark, meant that they just broke even on the retail value of the product. going negative would allow them to start making some money (assuming no one used the buy it now feature).

headsail
  • headsail
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

as I am new to the penny auction sites, i have been trying and lost money

I tried Penny Auctions, zoogboo #1 Online Penny Auction Site, Online Auctions and i had some success but I only won small things.

now the site has changed and I fell I have a better chance to win
It is me VS the Reserve and not me VS someone with 500 bids and a fast computer.
This site is like EBAY with better deals

headsail

Tim@SpeedClik
  • Tim@SpeedClik
  • Members
  • 662 posts

I have to agree with the psychology about Reverse/ Price Drop auctions
I think its really soothing to see the price end towards the negative
We tested Reveal auctions with free bids awarded to users but it was not successful, we need a winning formula, possibly starting way below retail would help too

Deary2u
  • Deary2u
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

COMPLOOTER.COM!!!!!

New, legitimate, honest, and worth checking out!!!!!

bids are .69 cents each with free bids attached to each bid pack.

We are so excited to be here.....CHECK US OUT!!

woot

pbiddy
  • pbiddy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I like the closed group auction idea very much!!!

a9247823
  • a9247823
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Snagbidder.com seems legit - anyone else know anything about them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users