Background Image

So we're allowed to share contact info now?

Started by eshopper , Apr 21 2010 06:18 PM

• This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Good to know. Anyone who wants to get in touch with me off the forum can email me at ( removed by moderator) we can talk about ... whatever!

Thanks for the tip, btw. :)

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 21 April 2010 - 11:44 PM.

• elocin likes this
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

HUH?
How did this come about?

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Oh, I'm sorry. Was that too blunt? Maybe I should just make a social group and put my contact info under the contact info tab of my profile. Silly me. I've got to work on this subtleness thing. :)

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, I'm sorry. Was that too blunt? Maybe I should just make a social group and put my contact info under the contact info tab of my profile. Silly me. I've got to work on this subtleness thing. :)

Yeah, what about that social group. What, how, where, why, when? I saw that too and tried to see what was going on but to no avail.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Just a warning eshopper never post an email like that on a forum always disguise it so spammers software does not recognize it as an email address, the search emgines will also index it. for example use

yourname(at)domain(dot)com

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

I took it as sarcasm and probably not a real email address.
Could be wrong.

aka clembowski

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Yeah, what about that social group. What, how, where, why, when? I saw that too and tried to see what was going on but to no avail.

It took about 2 minutes to find it, was surprised to see yet another BOC thread going in the recent posts lists so I went to read it just to see how that happened.

http://www.pennyauct...read.php?t=3289

and from there you can find the other stuff in a second. Start reading at post #8 and from there you get the info on a secret thread, someone's skype account info, and something about a chat room. Unreal.
"
Added by Moderator:"Thanks for telling me where to find it, I heard it was out there. (acting moderator in Amanda's absence)"

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 21 April 2010 - 11:26 PM.
moderator edit

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

It took about 2 minutes to find it, was surprised to see yet another BOC thread going in the recent posts lists so I went to read it just to see how that happened.

http://www.pennyauct...read.php?t=3289

and from there you can find the other stuff in a second. Start reading at post #8 and from there you get the info on a secret thread, someone's skype account info, and something about a chat room. Unreal.

Thanks, eshopper. Didn't you say you rarely post on PAW anymore?
Not hard to see why.

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Good to know. Anyone who wants to get in touch with me off the forum can email me at (removed by moderator) and we can talk about ... whatever!

Isn't that nice! PAW is suppose help keep the industry safe for all and it is allowing members to exchange contact info and post links to private chat rooms and then later erase that link by editing a post - by this time they have all closed that chat room and opened a new one. I know this to be a fact as I watched it all happen this morning. There is no way now for PAW to stop them - they have exchanged the needed info as will countless others - This group can now converse (collude if they want) without any one else viewing their conversations. Not that they would say anything they shouldn't - after all they only had how many threads on this site closed? :S The social group they are talking about can be located by clicking on the community tab, then social groups, then under random group click view all - the one being discussed is called come and play again - it is a private group by invite only but anyone can read it. The last pages directs people to an individuals contact info on their user profile page - I will not likely win much under this username anymore but I'm glad everyone can view this - hope it helps

PS You may also want to refer to cuurent thread - BidonCAsh - Newbie with questions and the old threads - A place to be and Bidoncash - check the archives.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 21 April 2010 - 11:44 PM.
Moderator edit

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

One last note - Once I figured this all out and tried to call them on it my reputation seemed to take a nose dive ----- things that make you go hmmmmn -
  • monikab likes this

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

I find this very disturbing.

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I find this very disturbing.

Miss Marple - it is very disturbing. I find the thread "BidOnCash Newbie with Questions" even more disturbing. I think we have a bunch of hands caught in a cookie jar trying to get out of it.

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

One last note - Once I figured this all out and tried to call them on it my reputation seemed to take a nose dive ----- things that make you go hmmmmn -

Hey - thank you to those people that added to my reputation for speaking out about this.*hug*
  • Miss Marple and PAWUSER8 like this

sandandwater
  • sandandwater
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Miss Marple - it is very disturbing. I find the thread "BidOnCash Newbie with Questions" even more disturbing. I think we have a bunch of hands caught in a cookie jar trying to get out of it.

I will now point out that I was in no way involved in an exchange of contact information. I honestly was a "BidOnCash Newbie with Questions" when I started that thread. I was asking general site questions like "why are new auctions were always coming up on my screen with several bids already on them." I was also trying to make sure BOC was legit and real people were winning real money before I sunk too much into it.

I have not colluded or conspired with anyone.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I will now point out that I was in no way involved in an exchange of contact information. I honestly was a "BidOnCash Newbie with Questions" when I started that thread. I was asking general site questions like "why are new auctions were always coming up on my screen with several bids already on them." I was also trying to make sure BOC was legit and real people were winning real money before I sunk too much into it.

No one is accusing you of anything, sandandwater. Don't worry.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks for pointing this out, but the discussion in question looks to be gone. I wish someone would have let us know sooner, as I am filling in as moderator and I can't catch everything. It will help if any of you see something that needs moderating, that you post it in the new thread I am creating called "Moderation needed please" I try to read as much as I can but I can't catch everything. :) We need your help.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 24 April 2010 - 12:05 AM.
spelling error

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Sandandwater is absolutely truthful here - he is in no way associated with any of this - he merely happened to have had a thread opened with the BidOnCash name on it - Sand I most humbly apologize for not having the forethought to just start a new thread. I have the utmost respect for you.

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

"Thanks for pointing this out, but the disscussion in question looks to be gone. I wish someone would have let us know sooner, as I am filling in as moderator and I can't catch everything" It will help if any of you see something that needs moderating, that you post it in the new thread I am creating called "Moderation needed please" I try to read as much as I can but I can't catch everything. :) I need your help .

That brings up an interesting point - PAW should not allow anyone to edit a post - If you want to edit the original should have to stay and the post should read - "the above ws edited to read". Just a thought. I am willing to help in any way possible - what discussion is missing? - I have taken some screen shots
  • bella likes this

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

not being able to edit won't do the trick. This place should be like Craigs list. Nothing gets posted until it is read and approved.

If PAW was run that way, a lot of accusations without proof would never make it to the site.

A lot of *****ing and whining would never make it here, and a lot of hurt feeling cause someone is in a pissy mood wouldn't be here either.

I'm sure it would be a lot to read, either hire someone you trust that ISN'T allowed to post to help you or do it yourself. I'm not ragging on you Amanda, people can and will find a way to get in touch with others. You just made it a lot easier for them.

Edited by bella, 21 April 2010 - 11:57 PM.
added

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

(Filling in for Amanda) I went to the social group you referred to and it appears their comments were recently edited and removed after it was brought up, it looks like if this continues all of those involved will have to have all posts moderated before allowing their posts, since they have broken the rules, or they will be banned.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users