Background Image

So we're allowed to share contact info now?

Started by eshopper , Apr 21 2010 06:18 PM

• This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Since I see Glassware has found much to be edited and removed in her posts in her "Social group" I have set her status to "All posts must be approved." This may help her in not having to edit so much after the fact. I would like to see what she erased though.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Since I see Glassware has found much to be edited and removed in her posts in her "Social group" I have set her status to "All posts must be approved." This may help her in not having to edit so much after the fact. I would like to see what she erased though.

Well I don't know who you are, but you rock!
  • PennyAuctionWatch likes this

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Gosh - thanks again to those of you who have added to my reputation. I really appreciate it. I know 99% of you would have done the same thing in my place.
  • PennyAuctionWatch likes this

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi

sevenofnine

you did the right thing and i for one believe it is rediculous to take away from somebodys rep just because this person spoke out what you believe in .

anyway i am happy you got more reppoints :)

monika
  • janyce16 likes this

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

hi

sevenofnine

you did the right thing and i for one believe it is rediculous to take away from somebodys rep just because this person spoke out what you believe in .

anyway i am happy you got more reppoints :)

monika

Yup, that took guts.
And thank you eshopper, too, for posting this!
  • bella likes this

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Gosh - thanks again to those of you who have added to my reputation. I really appreciate it. I know 99% of you would have done the same thing in my place.

I never kept up with that thread, but I gave you a point. Not right to lose points cause you were trying to do the right thing.
  • janyce16 likes this

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I appreciate you pointing out when people are doing something wrong. We want to keep this a fun forum and a place to discuss auction sites and point out sites that may not be operating in a trustworthy manner. We are not here to collude to take advantage of other players and site owners.
( Acting moderator)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

You will find it in the community tab. You may be tempted to join, but I highly advise against it.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

trountre
  • trountre
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

(Filling in for Amanda) I went to the social group you referred to and it appears their comments were recently edited and removed after it was brought up, it looks like if this continues all of those involved will have to have all posts moderated before allowing their posts, since they have broken the rules, or they will be banned.

I hope you fill in for Amanda often.... *hug*

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

This takes the cake. SevenofNine has been and continues to try to convince me to collude with her on BOC. Take a look at her posts in the LAST closed thread. She made herself perfectly clear. Either I stayed out of any auction she was in or I would pay.

And I did pay. She even explains how I will pay in that thread. If I did not comply with her wishes on BidOnCash, then she would enter auctions I was on & bid until there was NO profit. And she did this several times. Need Proof? I will be happy to provide that. She does not refer to this as Collusion... Instead she calls it "Share the Wealth." SevenofNine has even posted in the BOC thread, thanking people for letting her win.

This morning I woke up to an auction I had set the Bid Butler on. At around 70+ cents, SevenofNine placed ONE bid. I stopped bidding & the auction dropped immediatley to the other bidder. She excuse... She bid by accident. It just happened to be in an auction I was in. Not to mention the others where she demonstrated the "Share the Wealth" plan.

If this member receives reputation points for blatantly requesting that I collude with her OR ELSE, then I no longer have a place in this forum.

I was harrassed & threatened by this user and I come to see she has received recognition for her good work??????

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I have met some wonderful people in this forum, and I am richer for the experience. Thank you all who befriended me! You have been great!

Originally Posted by SevenOfNine Posted Image
You go by Patten's theory on war - I go by Robin Hood's. You are getting zero, nada, nothin as well - each time you overbid an auction I have stamped I bid until the win is worthless to you and then I do the same on the next auction you stamp first. You have the power to stop this game - you just have to control your :piggy: within. BTW - It was uncanny and fortunate for you that the night beam overbid you on those 100 bids:wink::wink:

Originally Posted by knivez112 Posted Image
dang.. that sucks ): winning it right at the start of the new day

:smilielol5: ROFLMAO - and look - what a coincidence - the beam is shining on someone for the second time tonight - I was wondering how she was going to get off those 100 bids - things that make you go hmmmm

Edited by candy, 22 April 2010 - 03:21 AM.
spelling

• suzyq likes this

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I would like to hear what sevonofnine has to say about this, if this is indeed true then she may have to be removed from this forum, I will look for the post you have referenced, if it is still there. Harrassing and threatening members will not be tolerated on this forum. Thanks for speaking up about this. THis is a reason why I think it is best if you are going to be on this fourm and also play on auctions where you may be bidding against other PAW memebers, it may be wise for youto keep your bidding name to yourself. Then you can't be harrassed.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

sandandwater
  • sandandwater
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Oh dear.

This is the first online forum I have ever joined. Don't know what to take at face value when I can't see the faces. :(

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I would like to hear what sevonofnine has to say about this, if this is indeed true then she may have to be removed from this forum, I will look for the post you have referenced, if it is still there. Harrassing and threatening members will not be tolerated on this forum. Thanks for speaking up about this. THis is a reason why I think it is best if you are going to be on this fourm and also play on auctions where you may be bidding against other PAW memebers, it may be wise for youto keep your bidding name to yourself. Then you can't be harrassed.

I have included some of her remarks in my post. Thank you

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

So the PAW admin gave you her password? LOL right.
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

So the PAW admin gave you her password? LOL right.

To Whom are u speaking eshopper?

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Quote:
Your probably right Candy - but I'm outta here for today - have my 3 and it's going to be 70 and my girls and I are going to play all day. Hope you all have a great day and thanks for letting me winwootwootwoot

PS - An extra special thanks to R22 for respecting me last night and letting me win:)
Last edited by SevenOfNine; 03-31-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Oh - no I don't plan to do it on other sites - no need. And I don't plan to take out the power bidders here - just bidding on an auction like everybody else. I respect those who respect me. On this site the three wins a day can be very important since the largest ticket item right now is $200. You could all just show mutual respect - if you do not wish to respect me then do not expect me to respect you - I make enough on other sites to fund a Robin Hood on this one - at least some of the times.:wink:
Last edited by SevenOfNine; 04-08-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Quote:
Candy, I am sorry I have upset you so - I am not asking you to give me anything - I am simply saying that if you want my respect then you must respect me in return. There are no rules about putting time in on any site but as I stated earlier - respect is a two way street - You respect me, I respect you. You can choose not to bid on auctions that I am bidding on and then you don't have to fight me and if I don't want to fight you then I can avoid auctions you are on. Mutual respect is usually a win, win for everyone. I feel no need to answer your question about my being a power bidder on other sites. It is irrelevant to this discussion.

:smilielol5: ROFLMAO - and look - what a coincidence - the beam is shining on someone for the second time tonight - I was wondering how she was going to get off those 100 bids - things that make you go hmmmm Last edited by SevenOfNine; 04-18-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Quote:
You go by Patten's theory on war - I go by Robin Hood's. You are getting zero, nada, nothin as well - each time you overbid an auction I have stamped I bid until the win is worthless to you and then I do the same on the next auction you stamp first. You have the power to stop this game - you just have to control your :piggy: within. BTW - It was uncanny and fortunate for you that the night beam overbid you on those 100 bids:wink::wink:

• suzyq likes this
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

PAW

Robin Hood Auctions

These are the auctions that show SevenofNine kept her word to me:

http://www.bidoncash...ailauction/6292
http://www.bidoncash...ailauction/5990
http://www.bidoncash...ailauction/5951

This is the auction where SevenofNine hit the bid button by accident:

http://www.bidoncash...ailauction/6273

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I apologize for taking so long to respond but this is a very in depth situation and I need to reread old threads - many of which have been edited,

Moderator - I would ask that you read the threads between this group. They are lenghly and heavily edited but I think you will gain some insight into what was going on between these members. - I entered the thread called "a place for us to be" as a new PAW member and stumbled upon what I thought was a collusion. I countered that collusion on BidOnCAsh with my own bidding stategy - I explained this stategy to them in their thread.

What they appeared to do was stamp an auction - who ever is the first to stamp it gets it with no opposition from any of them - new bidders who become a threat to them are prevented from winning anything until they eventually left the site. I was not immediately chased off as I was chatting in their thread. I soon figured out that if I stamped an auction for $100 or more they simply over bid me. I think, but cannot prove, that they use auxillary accounts on the site - one called moonlite - to intimidate new bidders. Once I figured out their scheme, I stated in their thread that if they would not respect my stamp I would not respect theirs. In no way did I ask for them to collude - I simply said I would protect my stamp and respect bidders who respected me. So I would bid them up on an auction I stamped to a point where they made no profit on it and then let them win it and then I would retaliate on the next auction they stamped. I openly explained this to them and and said if all the non power bidders would do this their little collusion would come to a fast stop. This is what led candy to think I threatened her. If that is threatening, then I am sorry, to me it was explaining a bidding startegy. I believe these posts begin with post # 861 in the "a place to be" thread.

While this was all going on I sent no less than three reports to the administrator. Perhaps you could also look for those complaints. I do not know what became of them or if I was following proper procedure in filing them.

The previous thread was called bidoncash/is this site legit I have not reread that thread but I do remember a few posts you might want to read -#566 and #606, - There may have been more threads I am not quite sure. I only posted to the "a place for us to be".

As you read the thread you will see many comments they have made that allude to their scheme, preventing someone from winning - getting "beamed" - that was used to allude to the user id moonlite. MAny times they would talk about him making an appearance before he did. They also alluded to having to take turns keeping someone from winning an auction - (usually they only did this on $100 or higher auctions.) Or discussing "who's on first". None of this proves a thing.

However, there are examples of clear collusion - yesterday after candy spent $1300 beating down a new bidder, one of the other members from the thread stamped an auction and then allowed candy to overbid and take it for $0.02 (1 bid). They tried to do the same thing again today and would have been successful if I would not have bid against candy. They also make references to bidding on an auction to hold it open until someone could get to their computer - (see post # 1930 and 1934). Again if you don't correlate these posts to the bidding history of they auction taking place on BidOnCAsh at the time it makes very little sense. (They are referencing an auction that a new bidder was first on and that she wanted to overbid - but she couldn't get on the site right away. A member of the thread bid on it but once she got in she started bidding on it and they quit)

Reading the threads is difficult as it often references what is happening on the BidOnCAsh site at the time. I would ask that you also look closely at the bid history on the BidOnCAsh site. I think if you really want to get to the bottom of this there are a few other names within thesee threads that you may want to contact.

I have learned a lot from PAW - I have a whole new view on the PA world and I watch and look for bidders who may be working together. This morning I noticed some strange wins on BidtimeLive - I have no proof but the a home depot card and a walmart card went very cheaply and coincindenly the same three bidders were involed in both auctions. The losing bidders stopped bidding at a very low price even though they usually bid quite high as they did later that same day against other bidders. As I said, I have no proof of any of this - but thank you PAW for opening my eyes. I will be a smarter bidder. Ban me if you think I have done wrong - but I hope many others have learned from what I have posted about this experience. I think many already knew of this - but just like me could not prove a thing and we are talking about some pretty powerful bidders that may have been involved in less than desirable conversations.

I am sure this needs much editing, but I am tired and if you need more informmation please contact me again. I believe you would be allowed to contact me via e-mail or phone which you probably have. Thank you so much for your concern and for looking into this.

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Moderator - one last note - what is most concerning about this whole situation is that PAW members are using this site to post contact information - I thought this was not suppose to be allowed - However, I just checked my own profile and I see no one has removed the contact info I put there this morning to see if it was really possible. It is possible and PAW is facilitating such contact. Could you please check to see if that feature could be disabled so no one can post contact info.

I'm sure the members of "a place for us to be" have a new private chat set up some where and I will not be able to fight them on bidoncash forever . However, I would hate to think that we are going to facilitate the origin of more groups like this - they will not be able to be moderated by anyone!!!!

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

That is rather unique.... collude to stop collusion.

There are many assumptions here & would like to clear up a couple I found humorous:

The auction Seven refers to at BTL that was quite suspicious: I placed a bid on the auction the evening prior. I asked my husband to be sure & wake me up in time for it. Well he knew I was tired so chose not to wake me & instead he proceeded to bid. He made me loose the auction. I asked him why did you bid & loose the auction for me. He said: I didn't mean to but they bid too fast!

Things are NOT always as they appear, unless you are digging in an attempt to find something that can be construed in a wrong manner.

Lastly, the auction I spent $1300 on. Seven follows me quite closely.
However that was incorrect. I used 780 bids on that auction. Now let's please ask BTW if he has ever used that many bids in an auction & other bidders as well. I also suggest you contact the other bidder on the auction Seven referenced as collusion. Again, assumptions that cause harm to others who have not even been asked if they were party to collusion.

I was threatened and I was harassed. This is not noble. It is underhanded & deceitful. Pretending it was a spy mission to break up the bad guys does not justify these actions.

Final post on this subject for me. I would appreciate it if the stalking, harassment & threats cease now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users