Background Image

So we're allowed to share contact info now?

Started by eshopper , Apr 21 2010 06:18 PM

• This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

As it is late and there is no way I can read all this tonight. I am not familar with the bidoncash site. I will have to go visit it and see what goes on there. I don't like the idea of bidding on cash in the first place and it sounds like it would be a site ripe for collusion. I do believe that the owner of the auction site needs to be aware of what is going on here, so they can look at the whole situation as well, possible banning anyone who is caught colluding on auctions. As to posting contact info, it is not allowed, but there is no way to constantly check everyones' info to see if someone entered something. I will see if there is a way to disable that somehow. I am open to suggestions from other memebers as to how to handle this situation.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

The last thread was closed due to post about auctions and user names. Not because of collusion. Some of the posts which 7of9 and others participated in. My name got thrown around a few times but the talks were about past auctions I had with fellow members. There were 2 members that volunteered to help moderate that thread but weren't there in the last couple weeks. A lot of the fights and negative post could have been avoided. The mods only seem to show up after complaints have been sent in. With the highest viewed thread in the hang out there should have been someone there watching it. People tend to forget about the rules when there accused of cheating or feel threatened that someone is driving up their auction price on purpose.

If you look at the time line for the above quotes. You'll notice that the person was happy to be winning at first when she thought we were letting her win. BOC then lowered the auctions from 12 to 8 slots. Now the easy wins were getting harder to come by. When that person could no longer get easy wins that is when the negative posts started. The playing field got really ugly. Calling for all the non-power bidders to join your cause and bid up prices against PB's isn't fair either. Most of the respect had already been earned from the people that have been there a while and had epic battles. Just because you post comments on a thread doesn't grant you easy wins on big items. I noticed your hubby won a few cheap $100's and didn't have to post on PAW and become friends with everyone. He earned respect buy spending large amount of bids. I think that is how it's done on other sites a well. If you don't bid against friends or family members are you colluding with them? Most sites don't allow people from the same household to bid on the same auction. It would be to easy for them to talk and plan strategies. You can't assume everyone is cheating because they don't bid against each other. There can be many other reasons that they don't. There are other sites that auction off cash. Why is everyone so big on BOC? People get bent out of shape when they see a $100 bill sell for a few cents but could care less about a laptop going for something similar.
  • aliand likes this
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

cantthinkofone
  • cantthinkofone
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I no longer go to BOC even though I did for awhile, and did so profitably. I stopped bidding there because what I saw there day after day sickened me, it was, in my opinion, as bad if not worse than a PA using shills and bots. I spent quite a bit of time on BOC and I'm sorry but the collusion evident there is unlike anything I have ever witnessed on any other site. To compare bidders winning a $100 bill for a few cents on BOC to bidders winning laptops elsewhere for a few cents is absurd. I have never seen another site where the same bidders win every high ticket auction (high ticket auction being $100 & more on BOC) and to say they win them for a few cents is actually an understatement. These auctions are normally won for 1 or 2 cents, seldom higher than 9 or 10 cents. What I find amazing is the extreme short-sighted ignorance on the part of these colluding bidders -- how long do you think BOC can remain in business selling $100 and $200 for less than 10 bucks? And understand that these folks were -- and presumably still are -- making $300 to $600 CASH every day. They regularly win these auctions with 1 or 2 bids. In fact I even wondered if perhaps the colluding bidders owned BOC.
Also, I was still bidding there when the bidder Moonlite showed up and what 7to9 said regarding Moonlite is probably correct---looking back on it I am pretty sure she is right on target there.

cantthinkofone
  • cantthinkofone
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Moderator, yes I think you should make the owners of BOC aware of this . The apparent collusion is driving new bidders away from what appears to be an otherwise well run and very legitimate, honest auction site.

PAWatcher
  • PAWatcher
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

As it is late and there is no way I can read all this tonight. I am not familar with the bidoncash site. I will have to go visit it and see what goes on there. I don't like the idea of bidding on cash in the first place and it sounds like it would be a site ripe for collusion. I do believe that the owner of the auction site needs to be aware of what is going on here, so they can look at the whole situation as well, possible banning anyone who is caught colluding on auctions. As to posting contact info, it is not allowed, but there is no way to constantly check everyones' info to see if someone entered something. I will see if there is a way to disable that somehow. I am open to suggestions from other memebers as to how to handle this situation.

Admin: Please DO report the comments on this thread to the BOC site owners, especially these two comments:

I think, but cannot prove, that they use auxillary accounts on the site - one called moonlite - to intimidate new bidders.

As you read the thread you will see many comments they have made that allude to their scheme, preventing someone from winning - getting "beamed" - that was used to allude to the user id moonlite. MAny times they would talk about him making an appearance before he did. They also alluded to having to take turns keeping someone from winning an auction - (usually they only did this on $100 or higher auctions.) Or discussing "who's on first".

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

I erased everything I wrote. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Didn't want to add the the mayhem.

Edited by bella, 22 April 2010 - 01:10 PM.

aliand
  • aliand
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

FYI: the BOC owners are aware of the threads here and do watch them. They posted in one of the earlier threads. I believe a few people have tried to change their user names to stop the appearance of any collusion but were not allowed. I really don't see any collusion going on with PAW members. There have been a few cases that the members here questioned, and the owners dealt with it quickly. ali

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

FYI: the BOC owners are aware of the threads here and do watch them. They posted in one of the earlier threads. I believe a few people have tried to change their user names to stop the appearance of any collusion but were not allowed. I really don't see any collusion going on with PAW members. There have been a few cases that the members here questioned, and the owners dealt with it quickly. ali

My intent in all of this is NOT to prove or disprove collusion here - I only want to prevent people from using PAW as a means to contact each other privately so that they can collude. At least when they are writing on PAW we can all read it - and it can be moderated - once they can make private contact there is no control over their ability to collude on BOC and other sites.

If you want to decide if they are colluding you don't need the threads - just examine the closed auctions. And perhaps ask yourself - why is a legit site that offers this kind of winnings not frequented by more bidders? Why do new bidders leave the site - again - examine the closed auction pages - make your own conclusions.

Now - next time I want to talk about bidding stategies I will most definately post to the thread entitled bidding tips and strategies. I do, however, respect bidders that respect me - I also often bid on auctions of those bidders who do not respect me. I think many of you do the same. If my stating that stategy outright is threatening then I must be banned. If PAW continues to allow people to post contact information it will be a mute point as this site will simply be a ruse and meeting place for those who want to collude.
  • EllaJames likes this

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

I no longer go to BOC even though I did for awhile, and did so profitably. I stopped bidding there because what I saw there day after day sickened me, it was, in my opinion, as bad if not worse than a PA using shills and bots. I spent quite a bit of time on BOC and I'm sorry but the collusion evident there is unlike anything I have ever witnessed on any other site. To compare bidders winning a $100 bill for a few cents on BOC to bidders winning laptops elsewhere for a few cents is absurd. I have never seen another site where the same bidders win every high ticket auction (high ticket auction being $100 & more on BOC) and to say they win them for a few cents is actually an understatement. These auctions are normally won for 1 or 2 cents, seldom higher than 9 or 10 cents. What I find amazing is the extreme short-sighted ignorance on the part of these colluding bidders -- how long do you think BOC can remain in business selling $100 and $200 for less than 10 bucks? And understand that these folks were -- and presumably still are -- making $300 to $600 CASH every day. They regularly win these auctions with 1 or 2 bids. In fact I even wondered if perhaps the colluding bidders owned BOC.
Also, I was still bidding there when the bidder Moonlite showed up and what 7to9 said regarding Moonlite is probably correct---looking back on it I am pretty sure she is right on target there.

I'm a member of at least 12 PA sites. I do see the same people winning the big items consistently. This is not only a BOC condition. You would have to go back 70+ pages on auction history to get an accurate account of the power bidders on BOC. The posts about getting beamed was to hurry up and get daily wins in because no one wanted to bid against that person. Many paw members lost a lot of money to this person. Even the so called colluders lost. Win limits were reduced to 2 per day. Nobody is making $300-$600 a day. 30% - 50% of the winnings have to be used to buy more bids or you won't have enough bids to play. When you bid on sites do you bid against new members or do you bid against power bidders? I think most would go after the unknown person rather than fighting a losing battle. Go and try to win a camera or laptop at DealDash. You will learn quickly there are people you don't bid against. It's not cost effective to have to power bidders go at it. They both lose. The site wins. I think members of BOC have already figured this out.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Ok, it is time to clean up this forum, since it is impossible to constantly check every user to see if they just posted contact info, only to have them erase it later, I am going to see if posts can no longer be edited by users, also what do you think of some stronger rules here. How about anyone posting contact info on this forum will be automatically banned, no second chances, no questions asked. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you Eshopper for bringing this to my attention, as some of you know Amanda (site owner) has been out of town on a family issue, with limited internet access and will be returning tommorrow, so I will inform her of what has been going on.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I went to Bid on Cash's site and posted a support ticket to let them know about what has been posted on PAW.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

crap
  • crap
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Could someone please tell me what personal information had been posted?

Ok, it is time to clean up this forum, since it is impossible to constantly check every user to see if they just posted contact info, only to have them erase it later, I am going to see if posts can no longer be edited by users, also what do you think of some stronger rules here. How about anyone posting contact info on this forum will be automatically banned, no second chances, no questions asked. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you Eshopper for bringing this to my attention, as some of you know Amanda (site owner) has been out of town on a family issue, with limited internet access and will be returning tommorrow, so I will inform her of what has been going on.

Edited by crap, 22 April 2010 - 04:28 PM.

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Since I see Glassware has found much to be edited and removed in her posts in her "Social group" I have set her status to "All posts must be approved." This may help her in not having to edit so much after the fact. I would like to see what she erased though.

As to "I would like to see what she erased though", Amanda does know how to do this. Since I have called someone out on this and Amanda got the original. :wink:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Amanda will be back tomoorrow and I will find out. As to personal information it was in regards to posting of email addresses, skype numbers etc. so people could get together off the forum to collude together.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Not being allowed to edit a post will clean up a lot of deceitful communication. However, PAW must make it impossible for anyone to place contact info in their personal profile page and they must do it quickly as now more and more colluders reading exactly how this group did this. The information can be posted for cohorts to see and then removed once contact has been made. That way PAW sees nothing - unless - like me - you happen to be looking in the right spot at the right time. Removing the contact portion of the usser profile should not be difficult - or for a fast PAW fix force all accounts to be set to share this info with no one. I would think that could be done quite quickly.

crap
  • crap
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

So it is an assumption that contact/personal information had been removed...
has anyone asked the person how wrote the post?

Amanda will be back tomoorrow and I will find out. As to personal information it was in regards to posting of email addresses, skype numbers etc. so people could get together off the forum to collude together.

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

There are a lot of new members that don't read all the rules when they signed up. Banning them on their first mistake would not be fair. Without the edit feature there will be a lot of slips. I use it to correct speelling, grammar, and wrong information. Removing contact in the profiles makes more sense.

The social group that everyone is talking about was in place before Sevens joined the site. Amanda was aware of this group and she told us it was being moved to the hang out. It was created as a chat room for friends. Since it was by invite only it prevented other random members from posting negative and non productive posts. Every thing we posted was readable. I think glassware was trying to moderate the group herself be deleting other people posts she felt was not appropriate. You can't watch everyone all the time. Every BOC thread had a heckler on it. All it did was start fights and upset people.

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

There are a lot of new members that don't read all the rules when they signed up. Banning them on their first mistake would not be fair. Without the edit feature there will be a lot of slips. I use it to correct speelling, grammar, and wrong information. Removing contact in the profiles makes more sense.

The social group that everyone is talking about was in place before Sevens joined the site. Amanda was aware of this group and she told us it was being moved to the hang out. It was created as a chat room for friends. Since it was by invite only it prevented other random members from posting negative and non productive posts. Every thing we posted was readable. I think glassware was trying to moderate the group herself be deleting other people posts she felt was not appropriate. You can't watch everyone all the time. Every BOC thread had a heckler on it. All it did was start fights and upset people.

No, I disagree Sodaman. We must stop editing - you can edit a post but the original post must stay visible to the viewing public. An individual could post contact info for a minute and then edit it out. The info only has to be viewed by someone for a second - outside contact can then be made and PAW has just enabled another collusion ring. Even if Amanda were able to read every post before she allowed it to go up and prevent things like that, she may not always catch onto what is being discussed. For example - "being beamed". Only someone who was active in the BOC site would understand a comment like that. I do believe eliminating editing is necessary as well as eliminating the ability to post contact info under the user profile.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

My intent in all of this is NOT to prove or disprove collusion here - I only want to prevent people from using PAW as a means to contact each other privately so that they can collude. At least when they are writing on PAW we can all read it - and it can be moderated - once they can make private contact there is no control over their ability to collude on BOC and other sites.

If you want to decide if they are colluding you don't need the threads - just examine the closed auctions. And perhaps ask yourself - why is a legit site that offers this kind of winnings not frequented by more bidders? Why do new bidders leave the site - again - examine the closed auction pages - make your own conclusions.

Now - next time I want to talk about bidding stategies I will most definately post to the thread entitled bidding tips and strategies. I do, however, respect bidders that respect me - I also often bid on auctions of those bidders who do not respect me. I think many of you do the same. If my stating that stategy outright is threatening then I must be banned. If PAW continues to allow people to post contact information it will be a mute point as this site will simply be a ruse and meeting place for those who want to collude.

Let me clarify this statement to PAW members. If it was not Seven's intent to prove or disprove collusion, then exactly what was the purpose of her mission? This thread about people sharing contact information is MOST recent, isn't it? There have been a lot of accusations made by Seven on the subject of collusion and if you read her explanation to PAW, the original & SOLE purpose was to stop collusion by colluding, or as she puts it "bidding strategy." So now this is all about contact info?

The reason Seven wants to clarify her intent: She has colluded on BOC and is very concerned now that the double a day income she makes will come to a screeching halt. She made reference to me as a "Piggie" in the BOC thread in reference to Sharing the Wealth. Is anyone aware SevenofNine has TWO accounts on BOC? Her account & her husband's account. SOOOOO, let's see, double cash for SevenofNine on a daily basis and I am a PIG. This secondary account must be what she refers to as an "auxillary" account. Things that should make you go hmmmmm.

SevenofNine wants to stear all from the subject of collusion & focus on her SO CALLED REAL intent. Why? Because she is aware of the consequences of Collusion on BOC.... Accounts (plural) FROZEN & BANNED FROM PLAYING.

BOC takes collusion quite seriously and acts upon it swiftly, after reviewing the facts. The "Power Bidders" on BOC have reported members involved in collusion and this resulted in those members being removed.

Now, I have been reporting, I have been threatened & harassed by Seven but it fell on deaf ears. A colluder, yes colluder... blatantly colluding and posting the intent and she is handsomely awarded with praise & cheers.

I believe the outcome of this sharade will surprise many.

To those of you putting BOC down because of assumptions... It would be appreciated if you did your homework. BOC is a very well ran PA. They address issues quickly. I, for one, am glad PAW sent a support ticket to BOC. More specific reports will need to be sent as well.
  • bella likes this

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Lately, if all these things being posted and the boc hang out was suppose to be just fun board like here saying hi. Basically a friendly place. I haven't posted regarding boc since I'm not good with choosing words that might make people happy or sad. I don't have an high IQ like others and I'm just simple minded bidder. But I do have heart like others since we all have emotions. As you can see in my profile I haven't break friendship with anyone and we are only here as a friend since we have no way to contact but this forum. Ms. Glassware wanted to keep chatting on fun things about playing with the site boc on the hang out area on the PAW. I intend not to make any enemies and I had pretty much bid with everyone. Sometimes I wonder if I should not post anymore since if I win a lot then someone will complain. This isn't the first site that I was complained from others that I bid ruthlessly and over power people. This is just my style of bidding Dragon Heart or Gozilla heart. When I was the infamous Metamorface with faces of art that can transform to dragon, and many different mystical faces I choose that name since I came across in 1993. But people on the cactus site complained, by e-mail, phone, and facebook that I was bullying everyone. I was just simply trying to win. But eventually there were about 6 different user name that became similar to mine and cactus site contacted me to change my user name. I had to start over again from the bottom with a new user name but now I'm climbing back towards the winner side again. So basically if I do still bid hard against anyone please don't whine write on this board that I'm mean or not fair. I just love penny auctions and just love to bid to win. I'm not planning on leaving any penny auctions site and I hope we will all gain good experience and go forward to the better future. Everyone is different that just the way it is. Look at the faces no one has same face or personality. We are all here to better our life by living smarter so that even during recession we can still learn how to stay ahead. So, I still consider everyone a friend and bid friendly even though it might look aggressive bidding but that just the way I bid. Good luck everyone and happy bidding no matter what I'm going to keep bidding and winning and let my heart grow and learn from it to be a better person. I hope no one hates penny auction because of negative things are said. People call me fatso around my neighborhood, whisper or give me a bad look. But I know I will one day become skinnier. Even on the tabloid magazines they gossip about famous people but we don't know if everything is 100% correct since we are not them and their job is to sell the magazine so if it's boring people won't buy it. For instance, the pro golfer had problems and other person complain he approach them but they knew he was a married man too so you cannot just point fingers that it was only his fault since it does take two people start argument. So this issue here don't believe the hype about from one side view. We all do have faults and there is no one perfect just like the world we should just all try to help each other like friendship should grow to better from experiences. So today, I'm just going to have fun bidding with everyone. Candy, Seven, everyone else hope we will have a better weeks, and months ahead in this penny auction world. :):) One last thing, if I hear anyone whines about me bidding against anyone and if they don't want me on this board then please do banned me from this site too. I'm only here to bid and make friends and I don't collude or double team I have jobs, credit cards just like anyone else and buy bids. I will just bid, bid, bid and win, win, and win. Buy more bid packs and try to win again.

Edited by dragon ball, 22 April 2010 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users