Background Image

So we're allowed to share contact info now?

Started by eshopper , Apr 21 2010 06:18 PM

• This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Let me clarify this statement to PAW members. If it was not Seven's intent to prove or disprove collusion, then exactly what was the purpose of her mission? This thread about people sharing contact information is MOST recent, isn't it? There have been a lot of accusations made by Seven on the subject of collusion and if you read her explanation to PAW, the original & SOLE purpose was to stop collusion by colluding, or as she puts it "bidding strategy." So now this is all about contact info?

The reason Seven wants to clarify her intent: She has colluded on BOC and is very concerned now that the double a day income she makes will come to a screeching halt. She made reference to me as a "Piggie" in the BOC thread in reference to Sharing the Wealth. Is anyone aware SevenofNine has TWO accounts on BOC? Her account & her husband's account. SOOOOO, let's see, double cash for SevenofNine on a daily basis and I am a PIG. This secondary account must be what she refers to as an "auxillary" account. Things that should make you go hmmmmm.

SevenofNine wants to stear all from the subject of collusion & focus on her SO CALLED REAL intent. Why? Because she is aware of the consequences of Collusion on BOC.... Accounts (plural) FROZEN & BANNED FROM PLAYING.

BOC takes collusion quite seriously and acts upon it swiftly, after reviewing the facts. The "Power Bidders" on BOC have reported members involved in collusion and this resulted in those members being removed.

Now, I have been reporting, I have been threatened & harassed by Seven but it fell on deaf ears. A colluder, yes colluder... blatantly colluding and posting the intent and she is handsomely awarded with praise & cheers.

I believe the outcome of this sharade will surprise many.

To those of you putting BOC down because of assumptions... It would be appreciated if you did your homework. BOC is a very well ran PA. They address issues quickly. I, for one, am glad PAW sent a support ticket to BOC. More specific reports will need to be sent as well.

Yes I do have an account on BOC - username "sevenofnine" and my husband has an account - user name "mrhowell" - I have made no secret of this, in fact I posted this to the thread, and it is allowed by BOC. All of the bidders who are members of the social group named earlier in this discussion make much more money with one account than my husband and I make with two. All bidders on BOC are all allowed two accounts per household (provided at least two people reside in the house) and I suspect many have two accounts. I further suspect that some bidders use there second account to chase off anyone they don't want on the site - like the moonlite account I mentioned earlier. BOC asks bidders from the same household not to bid on the same auction. However, my husband and I do not bid against other bidders on the same auctions. As far as claiming each of us having an account is collusion, the definition of collusion is "secret agreement or cooperation for a fraudulent or deceitful purpose". We never hid the fact that we each have an account, and please explain, Candy, how we have acted either fraudulent or deceitful. I am not saying that by not divulging a spouse's account name or even its existance anyone is colluding with their spouse.

Is bidding against someone who bids against you "collusion", or is there a rule that once you bid on an auction, that everyone must stop and never bid against you again?

Some people in the thread, however, have made reference to fighting for the greater good especially against le..sq, and soda referenced some people who are not holding up their end in fighting for the greater cause, (see post 606, bidoncash.com thread that was closed 3/23), and then yesterday Zye... allows you to overbid him/her for a $.02 win on $100. I looked hard to see if Zye... ever gave up an auction for one overbid, and could not find any. I also note that Zye... tried to stamp the new auction that came up in its place, so he was around when your non-colluding auction finished. Hmmmmm. The history on Bidoncash does not support anything other than that auction was pure collusion - as was the auction the following day when ..izzle attempted to hand you another $100.00. Those actions do constitute, in my opinion, "a secret agreement or cooperation for a fraudulent purpose" - i.e. giving you some more ammo after you spent roughly 1300 bids on 3 auctions within 24 hours against metomor...... to keep him from becoming a PB on this site.

I am perhaps completely wrong about all of this - but once again, I think the site history speaks for itself --

For the record - I agree with you in that BOC does appear to be a legit site - They have admitted to me that they are aware of possible collusion on their site. I think they just need time to prove it. They ultimately are the ones to decide who is colluding with who if anyone. - Perhaps the site should suspend anyone they suspect of colluding and see what happens - would $100 auctions still go for 1 or 2 cents on a regular basis? If they choose to look the other way there existance will be short lived.

PAW must do as they see fit - unfortunatley for the honest bidders out there, you and others have already had the opportunity to exchange contact info and there is no way any of us can prevent further collusion from those who can now converse outside of PAW - This collusion can now happen easily on the BOC site and other sites as well.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Let me clarify this statement to PAW members. If it was not Seven's intent to prove or disprove collusion, then exactly what was the purpose of her mission? This thread about people sharing contact information is MOST recent, isn't it? There have been a lot of accusations made by Seven on the subject of collusion and if you read her explanation to PAW, the original & SOLE purpose was to stop collusion by colluding, or as she puts it "bidding strategy." So now this is all about contact info?

The reason Seven wants to clarify her intent: She has colluded on BOC and is very concerned now that the double a day income she makes will come to a screeching halt. She made reference to me as a "Piggie" in the BOC thread in reference to Sharing the Wealth. Is anyone aware SevenofNine has TWO accounts on BOC? Her account & her husband's account. SOOOOO, let's see, double cash for SevenofNine on a daily basis and I am a PIG. This secondary account must be what she refers to as an "auxillary" account. Things that should make you go hmmmmm.

SevenofNine wants to stear all from the subject of collusion & focus on her SO CALLED REAL intent. Why? Because she is aware of the consequences of Collusion on BOC.... Accounts (plural) FROZEN & BANNED FROM PLAYING.

BOC takes collusion quite seriously and acts upon it swiftly, after reviewing the facts. The "Power Bidders" on BOC have reported members involved in collusion and this resulted in those members being removed.

Now, I have been reporting, I have been threatened & harassed by Seven but it fell on deaf ears. A colluder, yes colluder... blatantly colluding and posting the intent and she is handsomely awarded with praise & cheers.

I believe the outcome of this sharade will surprise many.

To those of you putting BOC down because of assumptions... It would be appreciated if you did your homework. BOC is a very well ran PA. They address issues quickly. I, for one, am glad PAW sent a support ticket to BOC. More specific reports will need to be sent as well.

After reading thru the original BOC thread, I have to agree that it does appear there was an outright attempt at collusion. I also found it strange that this same person who was attempting to collude, bully, threaten, whatever, then turned it into a case regarding contact info not being allowed on PAW. At first I thought it was just someone who was upset because they were not being included in the group. But now, as I read between the lines, it sounds like there is even more to this story than we are aware. I, for one, am anxiously awaiting the next chapter. If there is proof of collusion, I would suggest bringing it out in the open. We all have a moral obligation to protect fellow bidders, promote ethical bidding practices, and uphold the standards of PAW.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

and then yesterday Zye... allows you to overbid him/her for a $.02 win on $100. I looked hard to see if Zye... ever gave up an auction for one overbid, and could not find any.

Couldn't it be possible that Zye changed his mind and decided not to bid on that particular auction? Just because someone places a bid, even several bids, and decides to drop out for whatever reason....that is not collusion.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

However, my husband and I do not bid against other bidders on the same auctions. As far as claiming each of us having an account is collusion, the definition of collusion is "secret agreement or cooperation for a fraudulent or deceitful purpose". We never hid the fact that we each have an account, and please explain, Candy, how we have acted either fraudulent or deceitful. I am not saying that by not divulging a spouse's account name or even its existance anyone is colluding with their spouse.

So you just bid against each other in the same auction?
I guess that is NOT against any rules.

https://www.bidoncas...ailauction/5813

Perhaps the site should suspend anyone they suspect of colluding and see what happens - would $100 auctions still go for 1 or 2 cents on a regular basis? If they choose to look the other way there existance will be short lived.

Or suspend anyone who IS COLLUDING. Forget the suspect of colluding. Those who ARE colluding need to be removed. This HAS been reported to BOC.

Edited by candy, 22 April 2010 - 09:45 PM.
addition

• suzyq and elocin like this

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

wow on the seven of9 and mr howell bidding against each other:lurk5::lurk5::lurk5::o:lurk5::o. Im not saying one way or another but that sure does look fishy and I dont even bid on that site
  • candy likes this

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Or suspend anyone who IS COLLUDING. Forget the suspect of colluding. Those who ARE colluding need to be removed. This HAS been reported to BOC.

Yes - we reported bidding against each other as well - we were told to stop bidding on the auction - you will also find another auction where my husband overbid me - and I overbid him - This was reported to BOC as well - BY US!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Husband and wife bidding on the same auction? Definitely collusion!!

I wonder how they got each other's contact info??
  • elocin likes this
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Yes - we reported bidding against each other as well - we were told to stop bidding on the auction - you will also find another auction where my husband overbid me - and I overbid him - This was reported to BOC as well - BY US!

So as long as you report COLLUSION... it's ok???

Things that still make me go HMMMMMMMMMM

• minner79 likes this

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

:smilielol5:

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I think it's only OK if you're the colluder and not the colludee...maybe it's the other way around...have to think about that one.
  • candy likes this
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Husband and wife bidding on the same auction? Definitely collusion!!

I wonder how they got each other's contact info??

Yes Amanda - there it is - I bid on an auction my husband bid on! Then he overbid me again!!! So I overbid him! That should teach him to bid against me on $30. -----(Obvious sarcasm here)

What actually happened is we were both trying to be the first to bid on this auction and didn't realize it. OK - That explains the first two bids - Here is the timing of the bidding
17:45:27 MrHowell .01
17:45:29 SevenOfNine .02
17:45:37 MrHowell .03

The third bid was placed to secure the auction as is typical on this site - and done before my husband even realized it was me who overbid him in the initial round of bidding - Watch the bidding on this site and see how fast the action is in the first few seconds.

The next two bids occurred at
17:54:16 SevenofNine .04
17:56:03 MrHowell .05

These obviosly looks odd - However, if you bid on this site is important to be the first to "stamp" an auction. The best way to be the first is to refresh your screen right after the previous auction ends. The new auction appears in a different slot than the old and much faster if you refresh your screen - it's exact location is determined by how much time the auction starts at. For example - a $50 auction always comes up with 2 hours on it. A $50 auction that finishes is always replaced with a new $50 auction. Knowing this you can determine where a new auction should come up, refresh and stamp quickly - On this particular day I was stamped the wrong auction when my screen refreshed. To be quite honest here I do not remember if I was practicing my "stamping" and slipped or if I was actually trying to stamp an upcoming auction. You will find many references in the thread where several people apologize for over stamping someone elses auction by mistake when trying to stamp a new one or when practicing their stamping. You could go back and check other auction start times to see if I was practicing or really trying to stamp a new auction but I am not going to that extent. If people want to believe I was colluding with my husband they can - - afterall I did bid against my husband in the same auction and on more than one occasion - same sort of situation - BOC hase been aware of this since my ticket reporting it to them and have told me to discontinue bidding an auction whenever that happens.

If we want to get technical - each time someone apologized for overstamping, they were discussing an auction that had not yet ended, which I believe is against PAW policy.

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

seven dont you and your spouse live in the same house? when you are bidding on things dont you guys discuss what you are going after first to make sure you dont go for the same things..what you are saying is just silliness but then i guess next you will say he was at the office and you were at home so there was no way of knowing right(obvious sarcasm here)!!!

Zyekad
  • Zyekad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

then yesterday Zye... allows you to overbid him/her for a $.02 win on $100. I looked hard to see if Zye... ever gave up an auction for one overbid, and could not find any. I also note that Zye... tried to stamp the new auction that came up in its place, so he was around when your non-colluding auction finished. Hmmmmm.

Since you mentioned my name, I can explain to you my logic for letting that auction go, and it has nothing to do with what your post makes it sound like at all.

1) I know that recently virtually every time Candy bids, you seem to go after her and the auction becomes non-profitable.

2) I know this means that not only will I have to fight Candy, but I will be fighting you as well, not due to any ill will between you and I, but due to Candy being in the auction and you two having a fued.

3) I decided it isn't worth it when there are more auctions coming up in a short period of time I could try for instead, where there won't be two people at war in it where I could likely become collateral damage. You didn't bid over Candy, and I was actually surprised at that after it ended.

3) I have let other auctions go when I was in at $0.01 before and this isn't something I have never done. Granted, it is very very rare and I usually will fight tooth and nail (as you have seen if you looked at all my history) but I have my reasons for not fighting on those rare occasions and none of them have to do with collusion of any kind.

If you take a look at the history you should find three auctions where I have done this in just the past month or so. One mentioned above, one that was won by metomorface1 (100 bid pack), and one won by Bayarea ($100). The one reason I posted above is different than the reason for the other two auctions, but valid reasons none the less having nothing to do with collusion.

I don't know you Seven, but I have always respected you as a bidder and you have always respected me. This respect is no different than what I extend to pretty much everyone out there.

I can see why you might have thought what you did, and don't believe you meant any disrespect by your post. You just wanted an explanation of something that to you looked suspicious. Hopefully you can see the logic in why I made the decision not bid during that auction now that it has been explained.

I do my best to stay out of drama, bid to have a good time, respect people, and just play on the sites because I enjoy penny auctions like everyone here does.

See you on the sites,
~Zye

aliand
  • aliand
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Isn't that the "rule" you were telling everyone they had to follow to give you proper "respect" in the old thread? *huh* Remember your share the wealth theory that bidders should drop out and let you win or you would bid against them to the point that they would not see a profit, over and over? Or has something changed?[QUOTE=SevenOfNine;
Is bidding against someone who bids against you "collusion", or is there a rule that once you bid on an auction, that everyone must stop and never bid against you again?

SevenOfNine
  • SevenOfNine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

seven dont you and your spouse live in the same house? when you are bidding on things dont you guys discuss what you are going after first to make sure you dont go for the same things..what you are saying is just silliness but then i guess next you will say he was at the office and you were at home so there was no way of knowing right(obvious sarcasm here)!!!

Usually we do discuss - otherwise I would think this would have happened more - we do bid on several sites and sometimes do not realize which site the other is on - we did not discuss it on this day. However, if I wanted to collude with my husband I don't think I would be stupid enough to bid an hour before the auction goes off. Furthermore, we would have to bid on several of the same auctions in order to really gain anything. What's more - if I wanted to collude - I think I would choose to do so on a bigger ticket item.

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

These obviosly looks odd - However, if you bid on this site is important to be the first to "stamp" an auction. The best way to be the first is to refresh your screen right after the previous auction ends. The new auction appears in a different slot than the old and much faster if you refresh your screen - it's exact location is determined by how much time the auction starts at. For example - a $50 auction always comes up with 2 hours on it. A $50 auction that finishes is always replaced with a new $50 auction. Knowing this you can determine where a new auction should come up, refresh and stamp quickly - On this particular day I was stamped the wrong auction when my screen refreshed. To be quite honest here I do not remember if I was practicing my "stamping" and slipped or if I was actually trying to stamp an upcoming auction. You will find many references in the thread where several people apologize for over stamping someone elses auction by mistake when trying to stamp a new one or when practicing their stamping. You could go back and check other auction start times to see if I was practicing or really trying to stamp a new auction but I am not going to that extent.
If we want to get technical - each time someone apologized for overstamping, they were discussing an auction that had not yet ended, which I believe is against PAW policy.

So is it just me or does this stamping thing sound like "respectful collusion"? I understand placing a bid to say "I plan on participating in this auction" and everyone should be ready for a fight but the above quote makes it sound like if you stamp the auction than "no one better dare participate". When others go along and don't participate, this is basically collusion. Am I wrong? How many times do we see power bidders going against each other on other sites? Many times. Some don't participate when they see a certain person having placed a bid but many still do.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Lately, if all these things being posted and the boc hang out was suppose to be just fun board like here saying hi. Basically a friendly place. I haven't posted regarding boc since I'm not good with choosing words that might make people happy or sad. I don't have an high IQ like others and I'm just simple minded bidder. But I do have heart like others since we all have emotions. As you can see in my profile I haven't break friendship with anyone and we are only here as a friend since we have no way to contact but this forum. Ms. Glassware wanted to keep chatting on fun things about playing with the site boc on the hang out area on the PAW. I intend not to make any enemies and I had pretty much bid with everyone. Sometimes I wonder if I should not post anymore since if I win a lot then someone will complain. This isn't the first site that I was complained from others that I bid ruthlessly and over power people. This is just my style of bidding Dragon Heart or Gozilla heart. When I was the infamous Metamorface with faces of art that can transform to dragon, and many different mystical faces I choose that name since I came across in 1993. But people on the cactus site complained, by e-mail, phone, and facebook that I was bullying everyone. I was just simply trying to win. But eventually there were about 6 different user name that became similar to mine and cactus site contacted me to change my user name. I had to start over again from the bottom with a new user name but now I'm climbing back towards the winner side again. So basically if I do still bid hard against anyone please don't whine write on this board that I'm mean or not fair. I just love penny auctions and just love to bid to win. I'm not planning on leaving any penny auctions site and I hope we will all gain good experience and go forward to the better future. Everyone is different that just the way it is. Look at the faces no one has same face or personality. We are all here to better our life by living smarter so that even during recession we can still learn how to stay ahead. So, I still consider everyone a friend and bid friendly even though it might look aggressive bidding but that just the way I bid. Good luck everyone and happy bidding no matter what I'm going to keep bidding and winning and let my heart grow and learn from it to be a better person. I hope no one hates penny auction because of negative things are said. People call me fatso around my neighborhood, whisper or give me a bad look. But I know I will one day become skinnier. Even on the tabloid magazines they gossip about famous people but we don't know if everything is 100% correct since we are not them and their job is to sell the magazine so if it's boring people won't buy it. For instance, the pro golfer had problems and other person complain he approach them but they knew he was a married man too so you cannot just point fingers that it was only his fault since it does take two people start argument. So this issue here don't believe the hype about from one side view. We all do have faults and there is no one perfect just like the world we should just all try to help each other like friendship should grow to better from experiences. So today, I'm just going to have fun bidding with everyone. Candy, Seven, everyone else hope we will have a better weeks, and months ahead in this penny auction world. :):) One last thing, if I hear anyone whines about me bidding against anyone and if they don't want me on this board then please do banned me from this site too. I'm only here to bid and make friends and I don't collude or double team I have jobs, credit cards just like anyone else and buy bids. I will just bid, bid, bid and win, win, and win. Buy more bid packs and try to win again.

dragon ball....Wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this post. In fact, I always enjoy reading your posts. You seem like a very nice person...always upbeat and looking at the bright side of things. I wish I could be more like you. We could definitely benefit from having more people like you around....thanks for brightening up PAW!!
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

dollfunatic
  • dollfunatic
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

So is it just me or does this stamping thing sound like "respectful collusion"? I understand placing a bid to say "I plan on participating in this auction" and everyone should be ready for a fight but the above quote makes it sound like if you stamp the auction than "no one better dare participate". When others go along and don't participate, this is basically collusion. Am I wrong? How many times do we see power bidders going against each other on other sites? Many times. Some don't participate when they see a certain person having placed a bid but many still do.

I totally agree with your post--it's not a race, it's an auction.

aliand
  • aliand
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Hi NH, let me explain how I see this. I've been on BOC for about 4 months, and the stamping has always been like you said "I plan on participating," just like at every other PA site. I have seen all of these people stomp all over each other on occasion. The difference here is that being a 24 hour site, there are a lot more auctions and chances to win, so after figuring out who is going to put up a fight, there is no reason to subject yourself to that all the time. At places where there are only 3-10 auctions, there is always that need to show how far you'll go. If you will notice, people tend to stay away from quite a few other long time players who don't post here, which eliminates the collusion theory. The problem arose when someone thought this was happening and demanded it for herself.

It seems anything involving common sense or courtesy is starting to be called collusion. How soon will we be yelling at people for not being jumpers? I'll bet the last thing PA owners thought would be a problem for them would be a bunch of people who don't know each other developing a code of ethics.

aliand
  • aliand
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Sorry, just one more thing... I've seen one solution on Bidzilla, where the "on demand" auctions don't start until a certain amount of people join (sign in to bid) the auction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users