Regarding PA site contact number

Started by bid2dead , Apr 22 2010 09:54 PM

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

bid2dead
  • bid2dead
  • Members
  • 682 posts

What do you think about PA site with or without contact number?

If they do have contact number do they normally answer the call or voicemail.

Just want to know what other think about this.
:)

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

What do you think about PA site with or without contact number?

If they do have contact number do they normally answer the call or voicemail.

Just want to know what other think about this.
:)

We do not have a phone number listed. But, when emailed or had any problems we have called from our personal cell phone. The number is not blocked when we call.

And I have had calls returned from some of those I have called and was pleased to help them...

Anyone who wants my phone number and is registered I will give it to them if they need it.

Does that make you feel any better even though we do not have one listed?
Maddog

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

We do not have a phone number listed. But, when emailed or had any problems we have called from our personal cell phone. The number is not blocked when we call.

And I have had calls returned from some of those I have called and was pleased to help them...

Anyone who wants my phone number and is registered I will give it to them if they need it.

Does that make you feel any better even though we do not have one listed?

The thing about a phone number is that it gives false assurance that someone will answer. However, how many times have we as people and also business owners just let the call go to VM?
Personally I have a few businesses and have bought magicjack as it is cheap, mobile, offers numbers for most locations, and also sends the voice mails to e-mail. If you are concerned about expenses it is around $30. You can also use it for actual phone calls making and receiving. Pretty cool actually.
Back to the topic, I usually don't look for a phone number on a site but it would be nice to have one listed just in case e-mail doesn't get the job done.

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

The thing about a phone number is that it gives false assurance that someone will answer. However, how many times have we as people and also business owners just let the call go to VM?
Personally I have a few businesses and have bought magicjack as it is cheap, mobile, offers numbers for most locations, and also sends the voice mails to e-mail. If you are concerned about expenses it is around $30. You can also use it for actual phone calls making and receiving. Pretty cool actually.
Back to the topic, I usually don't look for a phone number on a site but it would be nice to have one listed just in case e-mail doesn't get the job done.

I will look into that, we are wanting to get a number specifically for jeeler. Never thought about Majicjack

Thanks
Maddog

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

I looked into majicjack online. That is a very good deal. $40 to get it and $20 per year (not monthly). And unlimited free calls to US and Canada.

Can't beat that. Thanks for the advice. I will talk with Randy and see about getting that and posting that on this site and jeeler's.

Thanks again.
Maddog

PennyAuction.ca
  • PennyAuction.ca
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I ordered a magicjack. Can't wait to see the sound quality. From your experience, does it sounds just like a regular phone?

Thanks in advance.

David

bid2dead
  • bid2dead
  • Members
  • 682 posts

I ordered a magicjack. Can't wait to see the sound quality. From your experience, does it sounds just like a regular phone?

Thanks in advance.

David

MagicJack has good sound quality if you have good Internet connection.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

MagicJack has good sound quality if you have good Internet connection.

I haven't tried MagicJack yet, sometimes I use Skype. Do you think it's better?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

bid2dead
  • bid2dead
  • Members
  • 682 posts

I haven't tried MagicJack yet, sometimes I use Skype. Do you think it's better?

It's much better then Skype.

PennyAuction.ca
  • PennyAuction.ca
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

It says on their site that unlike other online phone company, magicjack goes threw you phone and not your computer giving you better sound quality. Something sure, it goes threw the internet anyways.

I'll report when I get it.

David

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It's much better then Skype.

So since it goes through the phone, does the computer need to be turned on? I thought it was a USB device?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

bid2dead
  • bid2dead
  • Members
  • 682 posts

So since it goes through the phone, does the computer need to be turned on? I thought it was a USB device?

It still need to go thru your computer. You can use regular phone to connect thru MagicJack.

PennyAuction.ca
  • PennyAuction.ca
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I received my magicjack today but a question I can't seem to find the answer is: I know I can call in the US and Canada for free and all over the world to other magicjack owner but how about people calling my number, do they get charge regular fees? I'm in Vancouver so I picked a 604 number, I guess people calling me from Vancouver will be like a local call but what about people that are in Ontario, will they pay the regular long distance fee or a higher one? I had the choice to pick the area code, even if I'm in Vancouver but most of my calls are from Toronto, I should pick an area code from Toronto right?

So far I call a few local people and the reception is pretty good. I'll post it on our site.

Thanks for your help,

David

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

I received my magicjack today but a question I can't seem to find the answer is: I know I can call in the US and Canada for free and all over the world to other magicjack owner but how about people calling my number, do they get charge regular fees? I'm in Vancouver so I picked a 604 number, I guess people calling me from Vancouver will be like a local call but what about people that are in Ontario, will they pay the regular long distance fee or a higher one? I had the choice to pick the area code, even if I'm in Vancouver but most of my calls are from Toronto, I should pick an area code from Toronto right?

So far I call a few local people and the reception is pretty good. I'll post it on our site.

Thanks for your help,

David

I've had my magic jack for over a year now. Great investment!
When you buy one it comes with the first year of service included...at least it did when I bought mine. Sound quality is great. However, yes when people out of area call you they will be billed long distance on their end. So if you like it, and they are friends or family...could make nice gift. Plus if you live far from most of your relatives, you can choose their area code, to save them money.
I was actually going to recommend some of the PA owners putting some on their auctions. A big hit I would think. Saves alot of money on the phone bill.
;)Racingbroker

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

I have had a magic jack since October. It saves me $60.00 a month on my phone bill. The down fall is that sometimes it just cuts off your conversation and you have to call the person back. Considering how much money I save a month, I can deal with it.

It does hook up through a USB port. The gadget has a phone jack on the end to hook a phone cord into. I have the four phone adapter. That way you can place other phones through the house. Otherwise you have just the one phone.

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi ,

i also had magic jack for over a year (just renewed) . it works great for me .

i make a lot of international calls and never had a problem with it .

monika

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

I was going to try the magic jack, but I have just been giving my cell phone number to people who want to contact me.

I figure if I am going to answer the phone, it might as well be one that I always have with me.

So, if anyone calls jeeler and I just say hello, that is why.:wink:
Maddog

PennyPerks
  • PennyPerks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I've had my magic jack for over a year now. Great investment!
When you buy one it comes with the first year of service included...at least it did when I bought mine. Sound quality is great. However, yes when people out of area call you they will be billed long distance on their end. So if you like it, and they are friends or family...could make nice gift. Plus if you live far from most of your relatives, you can choose their area code, to save them money.
I was actually going to recommend some of the PA owners putting some on their auctions. A big hit I would think. Saves alot of money on the phone bill.
;)Racingbroker

Awesome idea...think thats my next auction! I love my MagicJack and have given thought to posting it on my site as a contact number, think I may do that as well.

PennyPerks
  • PennyPerks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I was going to try the magic jack, but I have just been giving my cell phone number to people who want to contact me.

I figure if I am going to answer the phone, it might as well be one that I always have with me.

So, if anyone calls jeeler and I just say hello, that is why.:wink:

I'm pretty sure you can forward calls from magicjack to your cell phone if you'll be out...just an idea I've been tossing around as well...I didn't want to use my cell phone but if it forwards from my MagicJack # then I know its regarding my site and can answer it appropriately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users