Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Apr 23 2010 05:44 PM

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

gabyabby
  • gabyabby
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Damn, I have been in a battle of epic poportions for my money and my merchandise which I still haven't gotten all of from a crooked PA that I played on everyday imagine my shock when they broke it off in me! and when I am finally ready to talk about it on PAW and give dates times and names I show up to a Jr High School forum. What the................

P.S. I want to know the name of the other site too

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Ok I should've responded to this yesterday but I'm responding now. I am in no way shape or form affiliated with Amanda. I am not Amanda, I am not her sister, her mother, her cousin...I'm in no way related to her and I have never met her in real life.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. If you don't believe me I'll be happy to provide my IP address for verification. I don't know why Eshopper thought I was associated with PAW or Amanda other than considering her to be a friend I met online and have no contact with in real life.

If it is tied to my extended absence I'll explain that. For anyone who does not know me, for the span of about October 2009 until February of 2010 I was EXTREMELY active on the forum. As you can see from my post count I was posting at times 20-30 times per day on various topics and in the lounge. My posting dropped off abruptly due to health and personal issues. I myself have been plagued with exhaustion, headaches and a never ending supply of colds. At my office people come to work sick and share their germs with me. Therefore I come home from work and just want to sleep or am in too much pain to get online.

My absence has not meant that Amanda stopped posting under this account because I'm completely independent from Amanda. Back in December, people generously donated to my mom's class so they should know that we have a completely different last name. Eshopper should know that since she apparently obtained my mom's physical address and donated to the fund although to my knowledge we never received anything.

I don't know why Eshopper decided to post these allegations. I have done nothing to her other than bid against her at times. In the past I and other "claimed" purses in the PennyPurses thread in the manner that Hijinks described, something that if you look (unless she edited the posts) Eshopper did as well. I subsequently ceased posting about such things when I was warned to stop posting about that.

Hopefully I have laid these allegations to rest. To sum up, I'm not Amanda or a relative and I stopped posting around February due to health and personal issues. Sorry for the lengthy post but this understandably pissed me off.

PAWUSER8
  • PAWUSER8
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Ok I should've responded to this yesterday but I'm responding now. I am in no way shape or form affiliated with Amanda. I am not Amanda, I am not her sister, her mother, her cousin...I'm in no way related to her and I have never met her in real life.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. If you don't believe me I'll be happy to provide my IP address for verification. I don't know why Eshopper thought I was associated with PAW or Amanda other than considering her to be a friend I met online and have no contact with in real life.

If it is tied to my extended absence I'll explain that. For anyone who does not know me, for the span of about October 2009 until February of 2010 I was EXTREMELY active on the forum. As you can see from my post count I was posting at times 20-30 times per day on various topics and in the lounge. My posting dropped off abruptly due to health and personal issues. I myself have been plagued with exhaustion, headaches and a never ending supply of colds. At my office people come to work sick and share their germs with me. Therefore I come home from work and just want to sleep or am in too much pain to get online.

My absence has not meant that Amanda stopped posting under this account because I'm completely independent from Amanda. Back in December, people generously donated to my mom's class so they should know that we have a completely different last name. Eshopper should know that since she apparently obtained my mom's physical address and donated to the fund although to my knowledge we never received anything.

I don't know why Eshopper decided to post these allegations. I have done nothing to her other than bid against her at times. In the past I and other "claimed" purses in the PennyPurses thread in the manner that Hijinks described, something that if you look (unless she edited the posts) Eshopper did as well. I subsequently ceased posting about such things when I was warned to stop posting about that.

Hopefully I have laid these allegations to rest. To sum up, I'm not Amanda or a relative and I stopped posting around February due to health and personal issues. Sorry for the lengthy post but this understandably pissed me off.

Angel I am sorry you have not been feeling well. I was not longer going to post either because of being attacked every time I posted as well. But I can honestly say I have never lied on these post but at the same time not proud of how I handled some situations.

I as well thought you and Amanda were very good friends as I was told that by a mutual co-bidder and you know who that is. I would be told to sit tight that you would talk to Amanda and take care of things with Amanda. So although I never thought you too were related I thought you two were the best of friends.

I did ask Amanda about it, and she clarified for me that this was not the case. Amanda has never lied to me that I am aware of. So she has my trust.

I also have posted on here before that I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I stand by that. So I hope you and Amanda will forgive me for being wrong. I wish you nothing but the best.

What I have learned from this website is that it is good to meet new people but keep in mind you only know what they write, we don't really know who is behind these messages. That goes for all of us.

So again I apologize to anyone and everyone I might have offended, Lets make this a positive site to post on and put the past behind us and move forward.

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

well well well
It certainly looks like Nick and his HIJINKS chick are trying to make Amanda miserable.
When I had a problem Amanda was the one that helped me. Nick stuck his nose in and made things a complete disaster. He started his usual phone calls to the owner of the PA involved. Then started posting and trying to influence members of PAW on how they should handle their items that were not shipped. When I did not agree with him he tried to make my life a complete hell over it. He tried to make me look like I was wrong but was I was a victim. This was not the first time I had a problem with Nick. He snooped and got my email address. Then emailed me pretending he was working on an investigation with PAW. There was no truth to that. He was doing his own thing. I posted the email I received from him on the choochookazoo thread where he was causing me problems. After the email was posted he started bothering another PA owner and I had to call and explain the situation. What he did to me is just what he is doing to Amanda now.

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

Sorry this is happening to you Amanda.

bloo123456
  • bloo123456
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I cant belive this is happening again and again.
I got to know about paw from yottabid when one of the users put in a link to this site about how some of the users were acting on that site and stuff..

I thought it was cool and signed up.

Now, do u guys believe that shen was just a fox in a dam sheep's costume and he was initially interested in doing everything that amanda was accusing of him doing it and half of u morons followed him like he was a leader of some sort, when he clearly isnt.

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Since I am unbanned now, I would like to make a comment on today's posts. I think there are two (if not more) sides to this story and a lot transpired yesterday that I think some people missed. I mean, I was banned yesterday, and I appreciate PAW apologizing and unbanning me, but the fact is I should have never been banned. Posts were modified, removed, comments were made and then removed (or not approved--I know, because I made one of these), etc that help fill in some of the details to this story. Even so, none of this really matters to me since this isn't the reason that I am an active member on PAW.

To me, if both sites (PAW and the new one) work towards their stated goals of bringing down fraudulent sites, then that is what really matters to me. Us as a community have seen too many people taken advantage of by sites (including many users that posted directly above me). Too many of us have lost out on a lot of hard earned money, not because we lost a fair battle, but because sites essentially stole it from us. Hopefully all of us can now get back to stopping these sites from taking our money.

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

They can definitely co exist. PAW will not go anywhere as long as we keep it for what its intended, to help people. After seeing all these posts I started researching some of the "accusations" that have been thrown out over the past. And it is absolutely insane. People need to realize that things like this can be avoided if we handle these issues with more civility.

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

Since I am unbanned now, I would like to make a comment on today's posts. I think there are two (if not more) sides to this story and a lot transpired yesterday that I think some people missed. I mean, I was banned yesterday, and I appreciate PAW apologizing and unbanning me, but the fact is I should have never been banned. Posts were modified, removed, comments were made and then removed (or not approved--I know, because I made one of these), etc that help fill in some of the details to this story. Even so, none of this really matters to me since this isn't the reason that I am an active member on PAW.

To me, if both sites (PAW and the new one) work towards their stated goals of bringing down fraudulent sites, then that is what really matters to me. Us as a community have seen too many people taken advantage of by sites (including many users that posted directly above me). Too many of us have lost out on a lot of hard earned money, not because we lost a fair battle, but because sites essentially stole it from us. Hopefully all of us can now get back to stopping these sites from taking our money.

well I am glad your back coolguy451

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Welcome back coolguy. And thanks for what you said PAWUSER8

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

As we can see there are politics here on PAW.
Though I support Amanda and PAW there are two sides to ever story and as we can see there was some behind the seens things going on on both sides.
It seems to me both side got their hands dirty on this one.

Hopefully it will work out in the end, but I feel it won't hurt Paw by having other forums but it will if PAW doesn't let members post even if PAW disagrees as long as it is within the rules.
With that being said we have also had other sites brought to our attention by PAW to respond on PAW's behave so it goes both ways.

If members break the rules they should be warned on some type of points system therefore the member will know if they keep screwing up they will be gone. Now if it's a blatant act then they should be banned right away.

But as I said I do support PAW but there are many here that has broken the rules me included, but also there seems to be a different set rules for everyone.
Amanda has helped me too and also ignored me on some issues hopefully we will all learn from this.
Remember if there are no members there is no PAW with that said we also need to follow the rules but not so much that we can't have opinions pro or con about PA sites or even PAW.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

As we can see there are politics here on PAW.
Though I support Amanda and PAW there are two sides to ever story and as we can see there was some behind the seens things going on on both sides.
It seems to me both side got their hands dirty on this one.

Hopefully it will work out in the end, but I feel it won't hurt Paw by having other forums but it will if PAW doesn't let members post even if PAW disagrees as long as it is within the rules.
With that being said we have also had other sites brought to our attention by PAW to respond on PAW's behave so it goes both ways.

If members break the rules they should be warned on some type of points system therefore the member will know if they keep screwing up they will be gone. Now if it's a blatant act then they should be banned right away.

But as I said I do support PAW but there are many here that has broken the rules me included, but also there seems to be a different set rules for everyone.
Amanda has helped me too and also ignored me on some issues hopefully we will all learn from this.
Remember if there are no members there is no PAW with that said we also need to follow the rules but not so much that we can't have opinions pro or con about PA sites or even PAW.

Hi RWB63,
It was never my intention to ignore you so I am very sorry if you feel that I have. As for the users that were banned I strongly feel as if the ones that were recently banned should have been a very long time ago, I do not play favorites when it comes to rules and have given the users that were banned many warnings. Thanks for continuing to support PAW, I really do appreciate it.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Hi RWB,

It seems somehave had motives and have been planning to get members off this forum for months now, the "new" competing forum had its domain purchased in 2009 and has been contacting members or having them contact him to get contact info for quite a while. I even found his phone number today in google from an older post on PAW where it was removed. Blatant continual disregard for the rules and harassment of members by private email cannot be tolerated.

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

The party in question also said he would make more money off Pennyauctionwatch.com than an auction site like he was originally planning. He wanted to partner with the site owner and when she refused his offer he offered to buy this forum from her telling her he could do a better job than she could. He then continually cut her down on her own forum until she had had enough. So in the end it really gets down to one thing $$$$$$. So by discrediting her and this site, members would flock to his site. Tell me this, how did he even contact them since his site wasn't even indexed yet? He had a plan and he carried it out. Those of you who are in contact with him, tell him and his girl friend to stop emailing constantly and harassing the site owner and get on with exposing the fraudsters. Enough said.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Hi RWB,

It seems somehave had motives and have been planning to get members off this forum for months now, the "new" competing forum had its domain purchased in 2009 and has been contacting members or having them contact him to get contact info for quite a while. I even found his phone number today in google from an older post on PAW where it was removed. Blatant continual disregard for the rules and harassment of members by private email cannot be tolerated.

I really have no problem you can ban who you want,but maybe this should have been done a long time ago.
Also why worry about other forums there will be more to come so just roll with it. If this forum is done right it will stay on top.It's a leaning process and there will always be others who come after you.
Everyone has motives one way or the other.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

I really have no problem you can ban who you want,but maybe this should have been done a long time ago.
Also why worry about other forums there will be more to come so just roll with it. If this forum is done right it will stay on top.It's a leaning process and there will always be others who come after you.
Everyone has motives one way or the other.

We can all help Amanda make this one the best and the brightest.. Let's just show everyone how well we can get along and monitor all the sites we can for bad business practices..
KSteven7

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

The party in question also said he would make more money off Pennyauctionwatch.com than an auction site like he was originally planning. He wanted to partner with the site owner and when she refused his offer he offered to buy this forum from her telling her he could do a better job than she could. He then continually cut her down on her own forum until she had had enough. So in the end it really gets down to one thing $$$$$$. So by discrediting her and this site, members would flock to his site. Tell me this, how did he even contact them since his site wasn't even indexed yet? He had a plan and he carried it out. Those of you who are in contact with him, tell him and his girl friend to stop emailing constantly and harassing the site owner and get on with exposing the fraudsters. Enough said.

I really don't know about any certain person and never had any contact with any members of this forum except one and it's not any of the banned people.
I not for or against the banned people like I said it doesn't really matter as long as the mistakes made was something that can be learned from.
As we can see mistakes were made on both sides of the issue and if everyone learns from it that's really all anyone can do.

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Thanks, Some people should have been banned a long time ago, but the admin was a bit overwhelmed and was feeling a bit threatened. Lets work to clean this place up and continue to monitor the auction sites for possible scams and try to play responsibly and have fun. There are so many new sites out there it is overwhelming.

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

In this situation I do really feel for Amanda! I think it is terrible! She has only helped me and stayed up quit late one night doing so. How many others would have done that? Not many I'm afraid! So all I can say is "THANKS"! Don't let them keep bullying you! YOU GO GIRL!

voyager950
  • voyager950
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Wow,

I can't believe that this is going on, I offer my assistance and help in this matter, whatever I can to help get the truth out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users