Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Apr 24 2010 01:12 AM

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce our new moderator, Sam Spade.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 24 April 2010 - 02:34 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

I hope you have hip waders because sometimes the s..t gets deep.
Nice to see Amanda is trying to tame this wild beast. PAW has been very informative for me, it has also caused a decline in my production at work, but hey, distractons are good sometimes.

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

Nice to meet you SamSpade ! Ditto to what NH said :)
I once used my dog to dry my hands... :blink:

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I have posted on this forum before, under different names. ( I used to bid on auction sites under the name lottzadeals and I really did not want to use my bidding name on the forum, so I changed it to bidding fool, it was not against the rules at the time to do that.) I was registered on this forum as bidding fool and when I was recently filling in as moderator I went to take a look at the bid on cash site, where some members of this forum were accused of possibly colluding on. While looking at the auctions on the site, I saw there was a player on that site named "Bidding Fool". I had never visited bidoncash prior to that and I have never registered or bid on that site. Since there have been a few people spreading some lies around I did not want to be a moderator here on PAW and be accused of playing on that site and collusion or whatever else they might make up. I wanted to chose a new name I have not seen on a penny auction site and assure people that I have never registered or never will register on an auction site with that name. My previous posts are supposed to have been merged with the new name. I also rarely play penny auctions any more other than a few sites which are pretty much not mentioned much on PAW. I will say I have spent way more on auctions sites than I ever should have. I have been scammed quite a few times as well.

I am new to this moderating on forums and will do the best I can.

Edited by Sam Spade, 24 April 2010 - 03:09 AM.
typo

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Hi...and a big welcome and thanks to our new mod!
Are you Amanda's mom?

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Yes, I also was the one who encouraged her to start this site. I haven't really visited it much, since I was too busy and I try to stay away from penny auctions sites. It is much cheaper that way. :)

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi ,

welcome as the new mod mom :)

i remember both of the old usernames .

wishing you good luck

monika

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I remember you from the old Yottabid site. Nice to see you are still around.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

It is nice to meet you and I hope you don't have to put me in time-out... I try to do right but sometimes I forget or I post without thinking how it actually sounds to someone reading it. I will have to read very thoroughly before I hit submit.. (can we get spellcheck LOL) Nice to have you around to take some of the load off Amanda.
KSteven7

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Welcome aboard! Thank you for doing this for us. Heaven knows we need it sometime! I hope we will not be too much of a pain! :wink:

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Welcome -

and good luck! hopefully you can give Amanda the assistance that she needs and help us all to make this forum a much happier place!

Jeremiah

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Welcome to PAW as moderator.
I don't post that often, so I hope I'm not out of line.
I'm wondering why the first post didn't immediately tell
us you're Amanda's mother.
Much simpler to be straightforward.

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Welcome, things have been looking crazy lately, but i'm walking proof the there's plenty of PAW members that are here to help PA owners, and other bidders. I haven't been around very long, but I can say since I've came here, I've seen a lot of welcome arms. Good to see we got another to watch over those aren't here to help.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Welcome to PAW as moderator.
I don't post that often, so I hope I'm not out of line.
I'm wondering why the first post didn't immediately tell
us you're Amanda's mother.
Much simpler to be straightforward.

I have to agree with this one Clem why play games there was no reason whatsoever to not be straightforward about who the moderator is.
If PAW wants us to trust them then they need to be straight with us.
We needed a moderator maybe two or three but all this who's behind the grassy knoll stuff just doesn't make sense.

Welcome Amanda's mom hope we don't drive you to crazy.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I have to agree with this one Clem why play games there was no reason whatsoever to not be straightforward about who the moderator is.
If PAW wants us to trust them then they need to be straight with us.
We needed a moderator maybe two or three but all this who's behind the grassy knoll stuff just doesn't make sense.

Welcome Amanda's mom hope we don't drive you to crazy.

I will assure you that we are not playing games, can you please elaborate? She did not come forth and say she was my mom from the beginning because she was testing many, many penny auction sites for PAW and we didn't want sites to know this.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

I guess they know now.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I will assure you that we are not playing games, can you please elaborate? She did not come forth and say she was my mom from the beginning because she was testing many, many penny auction sites for PAW and we didn't want sites to know this.

When you said there was a new moderator you should have said it was your mom using the name of sam spade that's all.
There was no need to hide who she was the forum needed a moderator.

Sam Spade
  • Sam Spade
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

RWB,

I have even had a few battles with you in the way distant past, when we both went way over retail. I don't do that anymore. What good is a secret shopper if everyone knows the secret? Can you imagine that sometimes site owners would even shill this forum to make it look like people were winning? Happy Bidding:wink:

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

RWB,

I have even had a few battles with you in the way distant past, when we both went way over retail. I don't do that anymore. What good is a secret shopper if everyone knows the secret? Can you imagine that sometimes site owners would even shill this forum to make it look like people were winning? Happy Bidding:wink:

They know who you are now so what's the difference. lol

I have battle many on this forum it's all part of the game if we did battle I hope I won LOL

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

When you said there was a new moderator you should have said it was your mom using the name of sam spade that's all.
There was no need to hide who she was the forum needed a moderator.

Oh gotcha, yeah probably, I was incredibly tired and let her do that. :)

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users