Started by SpeedyFinger , Apr 26 2010 02:51 PM

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

Donezo
  • Donezo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Donzo, We are way ahead of you. Our system is built to deter this problem. How our system does this is a secret. But just for starters, it checks for IP address, email and home address. These are just the basics. Should a user sneak by and win. There account is checked against all other accounts. If they build 2 accounts there win is voided. We are very carefull with this.

Ah K, sounds good :).... Well let us know when you open up auctions to bid on an item more then once, and I will buy a package :D

Zoogboo
  • Zoogboo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Opps sorry I missed a question there. Yes, it will be a bit of a slower process at first. But as our user base grows the auction will move at a much faster pace. We will also be adding many more auctions as our user base grows. But since we are just getting started by having to many auctions it might take even longer for the reserves to get met, and we want some winners! Nothing is better promotion for us then a winner screaming from the roof tops!

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

The island is a one week rental with 14 friends. We have planned on taking a few losses here and there. As all auctions do. When a penny auction sells an xbox for $0.17. Did they make a profit? Butr when the next item a ipod selld for $28.18 they do. Same concept here. Some auctions have a very very low reserve. While others have a set profit built in. Hence you win some and lose some, but over all the company turns a profit, and the user gets a high value item for a very low price. If the user places a bid and the clock starts, they win and pay the current price of the auction. We understand it will take much longer for an auction to end. But NO other auctions have this type of items.
Why buy 100 bids on another site to win a $50.00 gift card when you could just as easy win a new Camaro. Our site also makes it impossible for schill or fake bids. This is a huge prolem in the industry. Since the auction ends when the reserve is hit, nobody can run up the price on fake bids, and of course it only hurts us if we were to bid up the price without collecting the pirice of the bid. You know the auction is run in a fair and transparent way. We enjoy the feedback and welcome more questions

Sites that use reserves do not need "shill or fake bids" A shill bid is a bot used to drive up an item(basically a reserve) So you technically are just doing it out in the open :D. I still am against the whole everyone has to pay a certain amount of money before they can win. I like the fact that no one can jump in, but I thought about doing reserves myself open and honest and even letting people know what the reserves were, and people were very much against it. You might be able to get away with a seat style format, as long as you don't get greedy like some sites i've seen lately Example: 80 seats, at 30$ a seat, for an item worth 1800$ They make 600$ before the item even starts to auction. You also need to remember you're not a site thats been around for a year, neither am I, if you'd like to see some bidding traffic for a newer site check out our closed auctions. Yes they are gift cards, but again with an alexa rank in the 5,000,000s and not very good traffic ratings, and the fact that you have around 100,000$ worth of items for "auction" What you consider a low reserve may not be soo low when it comes to amount in bids. Also how long do the auctions go if they don't hit reserve? What if they never hit reserve do you refund bids?

Zoogboo
  • Zoogboo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Hello Bids4che4p, We just had an sold auction for an iPad for $0.10. We want to have winners ASAP. We just opened and we are getting some good traffic so far. We hope the news will spread quick.
Unique visitorsNumber of visitsPage****sBandwidthViewed traffic *1980
(1.71 visits/visitor)15489512
(4554.39 Pages/Visit)17279037
(5080.57 Hits/Visit)15.72 GB
(4845.85 KB/Visit)

tgg611
  • tgg611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

I like how the Ipad auction ended quite some time ago.

Price : $ 0.10
incl. Tax, excl. delivery
Winner: bunch35

This auction ended on
30-Nov-1999, at 00:00:00

I know it is a glitch, just thought it was funny.

good luck with the site.

I bought some bids and am placing them out. I feel as if the best time to win is in the beginning.

Will take my chances that they do want to create buzz and see if I get LUCKY.
;););)

Zoogboo
  • Zoogboo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

tgg61, Your thinking is dead on. LOL we are working to fix the date stamp on the auction now. Hint to our Auction watch friends. Don't assume the lowest reserves are on the smallest items. We are a little nuts around here and want to create some buzz as you say!

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Hey zoogboo, it looks as though you modified and existing script. was this something you did yourself, or did you hire someone. I know that you may be hesitant to give out info, but I would be curious of how much you spent to modify it. Or maybe a price range?

Since I have already contracted with a designer, it is too late for me to do anything differently, but I would be curious to see if I overspent.

Thanks!

Jeff

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Also, regarding the person who won the ipad, did they win with just the free bids, or did they purchase a bidpack?

Zoogboo
  • Zoogboo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Speedy we would be happy to share some programing info with you. email us at support@zoogboo Regarding the iPad we don't think it would fair to the member to tell you how many bids they have. Since bidding is a stratagy it would not be fair to the member to say how many bids they have left. : )

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

another question, if the clock starts to countdown, can other people start bidding? Or when it does begin the countdown, is that person guaranteed the win? thanks, interesting site! cool stuff !
I once used my dog to dry my hands... :blink:

tgg611
  • tgg611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

From what I understand that is just to get your juices going, because if you see it counting down it is a formality and you are the lucky reserve hitting winner in this lottery.

Be happy to see the clock move.

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

thanks tgg! that's what I was hoping! Now if I could actually get the clock moving LOL!

Zoogboo
  • Zoogboo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Thanks Wicked, we like the cat photo!..lol Yes, if you start the clock it's over! YOUR THE WINNER! Another hint, for our penny auction friends. There is one item on the edge. As you can tell we are dying to sell another products today. Remember don't assume small items go first...or do they? HMMMM it's starting to get interesting huh?

tgg611
  • tgg611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

thanks tgg! that's what I was hoping! Now if I could actually get the clock moving LOL!

Do you play Poker?

I am thinking Pot Odds

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

thank you! can you check your email on the site please? I just sent you a question.

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

Do you play Poker?

I am thinking Pot Odds

I don't play poker...what's Pot Odds?? *huh*

Donezo
  • Donezo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Thanks Wicked, we like the cat photo!..lol Yes, if you start the clock it's over! YOUR THE WINNER! Another hint, for our penny auction friends. There is one item on the edge. As you can tell we are dying to sell another products today. Remember don't assume small items go first...or do they? HMMMM it's starting to get interesting huh?

Any other hints? I am dying to get that 2000$ package. ... :P Whats on the edge!?

Donezo
  • Donezo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Oh btw... I was thinking that once you bid ONE time you cant bid again EVER.... I was wrong, you just have to wait until someone else bids after! Makes much more sense now!

Feebs
  • Feebs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

As I mentioned in my previous post we have some very low reserves. We just sold a iPad for $0.10. Bidding early is not a bad thing. Sure your mind says to wait. But you just never know what we are up too!

Hmmm :smilielol5:

It is different

Zoogboo
  • Zoogboo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Hey penny auction friends. The flood gates have opened. We are singing up members so fast our heads are spining! So we have opened up the bidding. You can now bid 3000 times in a row without waiting for the next bid! You asked and we listened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users