bid bot bidbot designer handbag luxbug luxbug.com

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

luvinlux
  • luvinlux
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Has anyone ever used the penny auction site Luxbug.com? I couldn't find anything about them through searching the forum posts or FAQ section. I have been using their site recently, won several small gift certificates. Delivery has been fast and email communication on status updates of what I have won has been good. They auction things such as designer purses, small electronics, baby gear, beauty products, and gift certificates.

I do like it so far however, from doing some research I think the software they use is one known to have the possibility of bid bots that can be turned on. On the couple of weeks I was on the site pretty much daily and I noticed it seemed like the same user always bidding on the high priced items each day which there can be a few high priced items each day (same bidders also bid on lower price items), putting lots of bids on these large ticket items, and winning some of them. Makes me wonder where people come up with the money to bid so much and if they really aren't people, but bid bots. I still plan on using them even though I am suspicious unless something proves me correct. I want to be clear that I am not accusing them of this practice at this time, just a little suspicious and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. I could be totally wrong and someone just had a very large paycheck that they gave away by bidding on every large ticket item over that week to week and a half time span with several hundred bids per item (I'm smart enough not to do that - I work too hard for my money and try to be smart about my penny auction entertainment! woot). I haven't been back in over a week to see if that same user is still posting hundreds of bids on each high priced ticket item now or not, I plan to check it out again this weekend just to see.

Just wondered if anyone else has heard of them or had any experiences with them. Does anyone know how to tell how long their site has been up?

wdl
  • wdl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

sure is a very appealing site for girls (pink! + lots of girly items up for bidding) doesnt seem to have a lot of people bidding. will sure to check it out. thanks!
to date, i've spent USD$280 on penny auctions and not won a single thing.. what a record! but not giving up yet :) lol

PAWUSER8
  • PAWUSER8
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

sure is a very appealing site for girls (pink! + lots of girly items up for bidding) doesnt seem to have a lot of people bidding. will sure to check it out. thanks!

sure seems to have a lot of names I have never seen before.

wdl
  • wdl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

yah i agree. none of the names looks familiar.. i just signed up and got 5 free bids and tried on a $15 itunes gift card. there were like 5 people competing for it at first, then left 3, and then just me and one other person. i bidded 5 times and lost by 1 bid to sarahbradley. didn't know itunes gift card is so popular..
to date, i've spent USD$280 on penny auctions and not won a single thing.. what a record! but not giving up yet :) lol

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Definitely shill bidding...sarahbradley and fashionbug for sure.

Play at your own risk.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

perhaps that's why the ONLY show the last 10 auctions... so you can't easily note whom is winning everything without having to use the extra effort of actually marking it down.
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

wdl
  • wdl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

OMGZ

i'm so excited! i just won my first ever auction! used up 4 bids (free bids heehee) and won a $25 sephora card at $1.1 + $1.5 delivery fee. yipeeee! from luxbug! :D:D:D:D

will update when i receive it!

wdl
  • wdl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

its so exciting coz i kinda lost interest in luxbug and simply put my remaining 4 bids on bid butler on the sephora gift card because the previous one went with no one bidding. and i didnt even check it coz i didnt think i would win anything and it will just be another one of those sites i'll never go back again. but today i checked my email and it said i won it! just nice using the 4 bids i put on bid butler. unbelievable haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bid bot, bidbot, designer handbag, luxbug, luxbug.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users