• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Silentstalker
  • Silentstalker
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Zero,
by the way, I seen bre7857 all over you....this person is the main jumper on Cactus and will bid on every auction that is going at the last second til they just get tired or lose focus from so many auctions going. They must be rich because they spend hundreds of bids every night and do it the same way every time without hardly every winning

Edited by Silentstalker, 14 May 2010 - 05:31 AM.

swikaan
  • swikaan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hi IALLIS

Are you on Wavee? If you are that one auction we participated in didn't make sense at all (Ipod Nano).

Not sure how much you ended up paying for it (I eventually used a B2B)

Carmelita21
  • Carmelita21
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Hi IALLIS

Are you on Wavee? If you are that one auction we participated in didn't make sense at all (Ipod Nano).

IALLIS is on wavee but be warned that a couple people have stolen his name on that site.. His name on wavee is IALLIS1, IALLIS and LALLIS (looks the same on the site) are copycats... I guess if your name ends up getting a copycat it should be a compliment.. but then on the other hand it kind of sucks because your the original that took the time and money to build the rep.

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I believe that I have been fortunate by being on good sites as well. There are just a couple bidders I am suspicious of. I won't get into specifics, but overall, the sites I'm involved in Haggle, Bidcactus and for10cents, I'm happy with.

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Zero,
by the way, I seen bre7857 all over you....this person is the main jumper on Cactus and will bid on every auction that is going at the last second til they just get tired or lose focus from so many auctions going. They must be rich because they spend hundreds of bids every night and do it the same way every time without hardly every winning

Bre7857 has jumped on a couple of auctions with me. I think he figured out by now that I do not walk away from any of my auctions so he has not been around my auctions that much lately. He made a brief appearance the other day, but left pretty quickly.

Have you battled him before?

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Hi IALLIS

swikaan, actually that was me, although I do have a couple copycats out there now. That was my only auction there so far. I entered that auction, to be honest, without really understanding the Wavee system. Coming from Haggle, Bidcactus and for10cents, I just bid till I win. I learned later that I could have stopped much earlier and just paid for the item instead of going all the way.

The whole 'buy it now' option is not for me. I'm too competitive for that. I now understand that having that option will encourage bidders to keep bidding till they put in enough bids to just purchase it. In the auctions I participate in, I like to win the item as well as the auction itself. I'm sorry if that sounds a little arrogant, but that's the competitive side of me.

Grace
  • Grace
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

swikaan, actually that was me, although I do have a couple copycats out there now. That was my only auction there so far. I entered that auction, to be honest, without really understanding the Wavee system. Coming from Haggle, Bidcactus and for10cents, I just bid till I win. I learned later that I could have stopped much earlier and just paid for the item instead of going all the way.

The whole 'buy it now' option is not for me. I'm too competitive for that. I now understand that having that option will encourage bidders to keep bidding till they put in enough bids to just purchase it. In the auctions I participate in, I like to win the item as well as the auction itself. I'm sorry if that sounds a little arrogant, but that's the competitive side of me.

Ha, I don't think it sounds arrogant...but it is one more reason to not bid against you! Personally, I'm not that competitive, which is why I've been asking about sites that have the Buy It Now feature. But I can understand the downside of that as you mentioned, people not willing to quit bidding because they can get the item regardless of winning the actual auction or not!

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Zero,

Thank you, for the advice. It seems like jumpers are all over the PA sites.

Silentstalker
  • Silentstalker
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Bre7857 has jumped on a couple of auctions with me. I think he figured out by now that I do not walk away from any of my auctions so he has not been around my auctions that much lately. He made a brief appearance the other day, but left pretty quickly.

Have you battled him before?

They dont battle, they are the main jumper on BC. They will bid back and forth on several auctions til either they get bored with the auction or decide just to stop and do any other auction, but I remember one auction a month ago where they kept the auction going all the way to $60 just by bidding every last second. Never do they try to be the main bidder....they always wait the last second or first "going". They rarely win and seem to just want to keep auctions going which is why I think something is up with that and they could possibly be a "shill"

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Ha, I don't think it sounds arrogant...but it is one more reason to not bid against you! Personally, I'm not that competitive, which is why I've been asking about sites that have the Buy It Now feature. But I can understand the downside of that as you mentioned, people not willing to quit bidding because they can get the item regardless of winning the actual auction or not!

Yesterday a bidder was on an auction for a XBox. He knew that it was going to be a battle so he just stayed init the whole time knowing that he was going to eventually drop out and just buy the item with the buy it now option. When all was said and done, he put in 539 bids. He exercised the buy it now option and paid $399 plus $12 shipping...AND they gave him his 539 bids back. I know this because he told us this on the FB page. Having that option completely takes away the competitive part of the whole system. Plus, frankly, it's not fair to the winner of the auction.

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

They dont battle, they are the main jumper on BC. They will bid back and forth on several auctions til either they get bored with the auction or decide just to stop and do any other auction, but I remember one auction a month ago where they kept the auction going all the way to $60 just by bidding every last second. Never do they try to be the main bidder....they always wait the last second or first "going". They rarely win and seem to just want to keep auctions going which is why I think something is up with that and they could possibly be a "shill"

I remember that auction very well because I was init from start to end. For a long time he bid right at 1 second mark. Other bidders would come in here and there and nothing from him till the 1 second mark...right on the mark. In the middle of the auction I sent support an email that it appeared as though there was a program being used (did not want to use the word bot). Amazingly, within a minute, I began seeing bids a little earlier than 1 second and they became intermittent. I was told they would look into it. I don't know what happened since, but I hope it's not what I think it was.

Grace
  • Grace
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Yesterday a bidder was on an auction for a XBox. He knew that it was going to be a battle so he just stayed init the whole time knowing that he was going to eventually drop out and just buy the item with the buy it now option. When all was said and done, he put in 539 bids. He exercised the buy it now option and paid $399 plus $12 shipping...AND they gave him his 539 bids back. I know this because he told us this on the FB page. Having that option completely takes away the competitive part of the whole system. Plus, frankly, it's not fair to the winner of the auction.

Wait, what site is this? Because I agree, that doesn't make any sense. It defeats the purpose of penny auction sites!

Silentstalker
  • Silentstalker
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Wait, what site is this? Because I agree, that doesn't make any sense. It defeats the purpose of penny auction sites!

Yes please tell me what this site is because if I have been on it then I want my bids back too?! That is ridiculous!

Silentstalker
  • Silentstalker
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I dont have a Facebook so can I give you my guess on here for the what did you spend on the Bose question?
My guess is that you spent $176.50 in bids on the Bose and that doesnt include what you had to pay in shipping.

map14
  • map14
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Hey Iallis, just wondering...did you get notification that the laptop you won the day cents came back up was valid? thanks

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Wow Iallis, just saw your 28 cent win for the Sony Vaio laptop on BidCactus...congrats!

Thank you, it's nice to get those every once in a while. Been having a lot of real battles lately. Snipers coming from everywhere.

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Zero,

ingrediants of a shill

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

That was on Haggle. Any site though that offers the 'buy it now' option runs the risk of hurting the integrity of what an auction is supposed to be.

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Yes please tell me what this site is because if I have been on it then I want my bids back too?! That is ridiculous!

That particular auction was on Haggle.

IALLIS
  • IALLIS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I dont have a Facebook so can I give you my guess on here for the what did you spend on the Bose question?
My guess is that you spent $176.50 in bids on the Bose and that doesnt include what you had to pay in shipping.

lol, it's funny, BC took that posting off of FB than called me personally the next morning to ask me not to do that again. I had good intentions, just wanted to have a little fun. BTW, you are low on that guess. Total including shipping was $225.23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users