mac penny auctions screen recording

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Using a Mac and want to record your auctions? 10 Clever Screen Recording Tools for Mac | Mac.AppStorm

Using a Windows? Try CamStudio it's free!
CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 11 May 2010 - 11:57 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

McKenny
  • McKenny
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think for record screen action u can use Macvide ScreenCap. It's very powerful and easy-to use program.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thank you McKenny, we'll check it out!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

If you use windows CamStudio is a really good and easy to use program. Also makes it very easy to upload and can save in many formats.

Extraxxl
  • Extraxxl
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

If you use windows CamStudio is a really good and easy to use program. Also makes it very easy to upload and can save in many formats.

I agree Camstudio is very easy to use Windows recording program and best of all is free.
The only problem when recording an auction is that most penny auction sites have an idle time out every 30 minutes or so after being inactive, so if you are not currently bidding in the auction being recorded you'll need to pause the program and restart the website again.
Some sites only allow 10 minutes of inactivity like beezid.com

funinthesun
  • funinthesun
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I know some people don't like jing, but I like it a lot. I'm mostly on macs, but they have it for mac and pc. The pro version is pretty cheap and you can use the same pro license on more than 1 computer (I have my same pro license on 2 macs and 1 pc). I use jing A LOT in making tutorial videos. Only downfall (for some), would be a 5 minute limit. Maybe there is a way to up the limit, but I haven't messed with the timer as my video length needs are less than 5 min (chapters keep my peeps begging for more)

hope that helps

Dickens
  • Dickens
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Personally I use screen recorder Democreator for PC and ScreenFlow for MAC. I've tried many freeware like Camstudio, but none of them allows me to edit my video. It's a little pity and the main reason I turn around to choose another alternative.

Mikle
  • Mikle
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You can try to use Screen VidShot.It's really cool screen recorder.

Sany5
  • Sany5
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What about me,i use Macvide ScreenCap. It’s prog allows you to capture and record video or audio.Try

Nabber
  • Nabber
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

What about me,i use Macvide ScreenCap. It’s prog allows you to capture and record video or audio.Try

Is this one free, like the other one?

madbid700
  • madbid700
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Just an FYI,
Jing is a great option for screen shots and video, however the free version only allows 5 minutes of audio/video at a time. If you purchase the pro-version the video is unlimited.

FallingReign
  • FallingReign
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Check this online one out, it even has an API to integrate into sites. Im thinking of using it in my PA site.
ScreenToaster - Online screen recorder. Capture screencasts instantly.
Penny Auction Project Group!
Don't forget to Rep or Like if you find these posts helpful!

Rob
  • Rob
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

I have screenflow for simple videos and screencasts, it's super simple. I imagine it would be great for recording auctions.

There's also http://screenr.com/ who's the big dog in this arena. Couldn't get it to work on the mac pro but I know this is a great option, though it may have a time limit as well.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

It wasn't mentioned in this thread, but has been mentioned many times before here on PAW..

http://www.bbsoftwar...FreePlayer.aspx

The express version of this program (linked above) is completely free, easy to use, and does the job very well :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

dinadana
  • dinadana
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm using MacVide ScreenCap too. Nice soft!)

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Just a reminder/bidding tip... Check out these screen recording resources. It's important to be able to show a site proof and hold them accountable if you ever encounter problems while bidding! It happens.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Ben Kaufmann
  • Ben Kaufmann
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Deskshare offers two feature packed screen recording applications. Compare both versions to choose the one that is best for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, penny auctions, screen recording

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users