Background Image

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I came across this web site that says they are going live on 5/21/10. Has anyone seen their site? Are they legitamite?

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Hello everyone. I am starting up a new site - MonsterPennyBids.com. I intend to have everything up and running by 5/21/10 but am looking for some people to test out the site to make sure I have all of the bugs worked out. Just register and log in, using test in your username. That way I will be able to give you 100 free bids to play with during beta testing. Then when we go live, you will get a credit of 20 free bids to use on the live auctions.

I am trying to focus on the latest gadgets so see what I have on my site so far and let me know what you think. I will be adding more things over the next week to get things ready to go live.

We won't employ bid bots, just good old fashioned competitive bidding.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome, so if you are the owner of MonsterPennyBids, why did you ask if the site was legit?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

TBD
  • TBD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Welcome, so if you are the owner of MonsterPennyBids, why did you ask if the site was legit?

Post in question:
http://www.pennyauct...nybids-com.html

I think this may be a new record ;)

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I am new to this site and looking for someone to give me their honest opinion about their thoughts on the site from a first glance. Does it look legit to you? Are there things about it that could use fine tuning? I am trying to strike a good first impression when people first log on. I am going to be beta testing over the next week. Anyone can go on and register for free bids to use during the next week. See MonsterPennyBids.com news for more details.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

I did register and sign in, but I got only 5 available points and 1 free point. My username is test01. Not a bad selection of items and does the $500 cash go into the winner's Paypal account? Hope your site is better than Zoogboo in terms of customer service.

Edited by rpgman1, 14 May 2010 - 12:03 AM.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

you now have 100 bids added to your account. You can get the cash any way to want it.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Let me clarify what I am asking for. Does the site look legitimate? I am the owner looking for any kind of feedback to make it better. I don't want someone to take a look and disregard it because of ??? without even registering. Any feedback would be helpful.
FYI, I am conducting a beta test over the next week or so (depending on how things are going). So go to MonsterPennyBids.com and log in using the word "test" in your user id. I will then ensure you get 100 free bids to use during the beta testing period. See site for all details.

Carmelita21
  • Carmelita21
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Let me clarify what I am asking for. Does the site look legitimate? I am the owner looking for any kind of feedback to make it better. I don't want someone to take a look and disregard it because of ??? without even registering. Any feedback would be helpful.
FYI, I am conducting a beta test over the next week or so (depending on how things are going). So go to MonsterPennyBids.com and log in using the word "test" in your user id. I will then ensure you get 100 free bids to use during the beta testing period. See site for all details.

Hi There,

It "looks" legit to me.. But somethings you may want to consider..

-Add more information into the HELP section(The more information you can cover the better)Such as shipping times, more info on the bid butler, what happens if 2 people are using it at the same time? basically that type of information that bidders may find useful.
-Add somewhere what the prices of Bids are as I noticed the bid prices are listed nowhere on the site that I could find.
-There is no information regarding the Redemption Part of the site, so it would be nice to know what it is and how it works.
-Again on the Community part of the site, what will this be?
- The forum part, I think this is a great feature that I personally haven't really seen anywhere else.. will bidders be able to post here as well as admin?
-The about us information, is only available through the tiny link at the bottom of the page.. the information on the page is great and should be easily available to users who are curious about the site.
-Who are the auctions open to? The US, International? How many accounts are allowed per household or person?

Anyways.. these are just a couple things that I noticed that might make more bidders feel more comfortable with the site they are bidding on.... Other then that I would most likely bid on the site as long as more details are added..

So I guess my question to you because your asking if your site looks legit, Is it legit??

Hope I have been some help, and can't wait to check the site out when it is open.. please keep us updated regarding when beta testing is open and when the actual site will open for business :-)

Carmelita21
  • Carmelita21
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

I am new to this site and looking for someone to give me their honest opinion about their thoughts on the site from a first glance. Does it look legit to you? Are there things about it that could use fine tuning? I am trying to strike a good first impression when people first log on. I am going to be beta testing over the next week. Anyone can go on and register for free bids to use during the next week. See MonsterPennyBids.com news for more details.

Hello,
I posted a response on your other thread.. Please check it out and I hope that you fine it helpful.

Do we have to sign up on the site with the name test for a username? Also are we going to be given the option to chance the username later on or will we need to create another account? Thanks!!

Carmelita21
  • Carmelita21
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Just noticed your setup is very close to sellmoo.com, maybe you can check the info they have on their site and get some ideas for more information on yours.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Could it be possible to replace the DSi with the DSi XL? I've seen it on one site so far. Like the layout so far and the forum is a nice touch. Problem is that I can't tell how much shipping costs for these items and how long does it take to deliver. During the beta testing, do we win the auctions and go through the checkout process to get our items?

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I just signed up too. I didn't get the 100 bids to use during beta testing.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

$1 a bid seems pretty expensive to me. If it was that expensive, then there would at least be some high priced items in the auctions like DSLR cameras, LCD, LED, and plasma TVs, Macbooks, iPads, unlocked cell phones, and PC desktops and laptops. Trying to make the claim that you can beat Swoopo is alright, but their bids start at $0.60 a bid.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

For everyone who logs in as 'test' will have their accounts deleted at the end of the period. No goods will be shipped during that time. Looking to make sure the site works as planned. The bids are closer to $0.80 per bid, but will look at making them cheaper. Everyone who has logged in with a 'test' in their title now has 100 bids to use.

I will look into other versions of the DSi. Hope that captures everyone's comments.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Looks like I forgot one. Just put test at the end of your username, that will clue me into who is there to test and who is there to bid when we go live. I will work on getting shipping info published.

Will expand what I sell as things get rolling. I plan on having TVs, unlocked phones and such.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Thanks for the feedback. I will add in more details and make sure it is more user friendly. Yes, I expect the forum to be used by all and answers to questions can either be addressed via the support@monsterpennybids.com or on the forum (for more global questions that all would like have a knowledge of).

I am lining up some auctions to test the system now. So anyone can log in (please include 'test' in the login name) and start bidding now. You will get the "free" 100 bids to use during the testing within a few hours of registering.

Also, I am working to get the SSL cert added to the page so people feel more comfortable providing CC/paypal info.

Other than that,

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

And yes, I am legit.

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I came across this web site that says they are going live on 5/21/10. Has anyone seen their site? Are they legitamite?

I don't get it...you state that you came across the website and asking if they are legitamite...but then the next post you state you are the owner of the site.
Please explain

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

What I was hoping to do was obtain an honest, unbiased, review of the site. Let people look and give me their thoughts. If I came across as the owner asking for feedback, I don't believe it would be the same as if I was getting a review from just another user. Obviously that didn't work too well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auction site, beta testing, monster penny, monster penny bids, monsterpennybids.com, new penny auction site, penny auction, penny auction site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users