Background Image

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

If i buy bids for the site, but the site is still on beta time, do we have to wait until the site goes live?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

So what do we do if we won the auction during the beta testing? Do we just leave the item alone and don't pay for it correct? Interesting that we can accept or reject the winning auction item. The delivery charge appears after someone wins the item.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

If you buy bids during the beta testing and do actually use them, you will be credited back the bids when the site goes live. I would prefer if you were to set up a test site, though. That way I don't have to try to figure out who bought and used bids. Right now, that is done manually.

Right, now, until the site goes live, whatever you "win" will not be sent to you. If you were to send me money to buy the item you won, I would refund it since there really isn't any competitive bidding right now nor has the site been proof tested yet. I tried to make that clear in the news section on my home page.

Just set up a test account and bid and respond to the emails (follow the links when you are emailed that you won). Everything up to sending in money.

I am working on getting the shipping costs associated with each item posted so you know what it is before bidding.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

I notice something on the Acer netbook. Does it really add up that much time when it comes to using bidding bots? You really need to set the time limit on those auctions ending. Otherwise, the timer will be added for a long time. Was that supposed to be intended for us to wait that long?

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I didn't quite understand your first comment. However, you are right about the timer. I am playing with the times to see how things work out. There are several that are way too long. Tonight or tomorrow, I will be uploading more auctions and they will be spaced closer and have shorter durations.

Bidmaster is me, I am trying to test out the bidbutler function on the system. I am trying to learn and test all of the ins and outs of the software so I don't have any issues when it goes live.

Thanks for helping out test this site. Any and all of your comments are greatly appreciated.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Glad to help your site out. I added another account with my real username, but I don't want to enter the site yet until the 21st when the site has its grand opening.

So those are the items you have lined up then with timers over 100+ hours for the grand opening then? Do we get any extra bids besides the ones that we normally buy through bid packs?

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Will there be limits on how many items we can win in a day, a week, or a month? I know many sites have establish theirs after they received criticism and feedback from other bidders.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

The items with many hours on them are not necessarily the ones on start day. I just put a bunch of items in, and like I said, I wasn't too good at the timer at first. I figured it out now. So I will be adjusting some of the times to get stuff available to bid on over the next couple of days.

I haven't decided about the limit thing.

I would like to hear from all of you about what you think and the experiences you have had with both ways (limiting buyers and not).

Maybe I will just have some auctions set up for newcomer types.

When you log in, you get 5 free bids initially. If you help out and bid and provide feedback during the testing, you will get 20 free bids to your real account as I will be deleting all test accounts on the 21st.

As of now, I have a few people buying bids. Please don't use them during the testing period. However, if you do, I will credit you back what was used. Doesn't make sense to waste bids during a time that you can't win anything.

If anyone has any thoughts about getting the word out about us, that would be great as well. I of course am advertising and have set up my url with the major search engines, but it doesn't do anyone a service to have such a high turnover rate in this industry. If we can keep the honest sites alive, everyone will win.

Again, I appreciate all of the help thus far. Keep the comments coming.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

I am signed up as KSteven7test. Can you post me the testing bids? Thanks.
KSteven7

VivaLaBid
  • VivaLaBid
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I'm signed up as vivalabidtester
can you post me testing bids? thanks again!

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hi,

I also signed up as IAmHere2StayTest and did not receive the 100 bids. Could you please add them? Thanks.

bidtildead
  • bidtildead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I didn't quite understand your first comment. However, you are right about the timer. I am playing with the times to see how things work out. There are several that are way too long. Tonight or tomorrow, I will be uploading more auctions and they will be spaced closer and have shorter durations.

Bidmaster is me, I am trying to test out the bidbutler function on the system. I am trying to learn and test all of the ins and outs of the software so I don't have any issues when it goes live.

Thanks for helping out test this site. Any and all of your comments are greatly appreciated.

Let me get this straight the owner is bidmaster, I just spent all my bids plus I bought a bid pack only to waste my money and bid against the F'n owner. I want a refund, this is B-S. Username on your site is testbid2win. Also what happens with the won items, I bought a bidpack and bid and won an item what happens with that??? Please I want some answers, I did not plan on Spending my money ,buying bids and bidding against a SHILL.

Silentstalker
  • Silentstalker
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I signed up with name silentstalkrtest and did not receive the 100 bids. Please add those

VivaLaBid
  • VivaLaBid
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Looks like I forgot one. Just put test at the end of your username, that will clue me into who is there to test and who is there to bid when we go live. I will work on getting shipping info published.

Will expand what I sell as things get rolling. I plan on having TVs, unlocked phones and such.

Let me get this straight the owner is bidmaster, I just spent all my bids plus I bought a bid pack only to waste my money and bid against the F'n owner. I want a refund, this is B-S. Username on your site is testbid2win. Also what happens with the won items, I bought a bidpack and bid and won an item what happens with that??? Please I want some answers, I did not plan on Spending my money ,buying bids and bidding against a SHILL.

why did you buy a bidpack?!? I don't think they've gone LIVE yet?!
:S

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

The owner clearly states that the site will go live on May 21st. All these auctions thrown in there are for testing purposes. I have to address the problem of the timer adding too much time when it comes to using bots.

Carmelita21
  • Carmelita21
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

They are doing beta testing right now and aren't up and running.. during beta testing you don't actually "win" the items that you "win" during testing.. the owner had said in another post that if you buy and bid pack during testing and use them that once they go live the bids you bought would be credited back to you then.. and she also said in a post that if you paid for an item that it would be refunded because they aren't "real" auctions to win right now.. its just testing to see if it all runs correctly.. does that make sense?

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I have tried to be clear in my correspondence that we are not live yet. However, I apologize for any confusion. Via separate correspondence, I have offered to refund the money you sent to purchase the item or give you the option of getting bid credits for that money spent. I have also stated earlier that I will ensure that whatever bids were used during the beta testing that you actually paid for would be credited back to your account. I actually gave you 100 free bids since you used 'test' in your username. So right now, your balance is 16, which means you have been using the 100 bids.

Also, as stated earlier, I have been bidding to test the bidbutler function. Seems to be working OK, but if anyone has any experience that prove different, please forward them to me either through this forum or to my email at support@monsterpennybids.com.

All of you who have recently registered and have asked for the bid credits in this forum should now have them in your accounts.

I have gotten some good feedback, and I continue to thank you for it.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

The owner clearly states that the site will go live on May 21st. All these auctions thrown in there are for testing purposes. I have to address the problem of the timer adding too much time when it comes to using bots.

I don't fully understand your last sentence. Please clarify so that I may help.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Like when two people are using bots to place their bids, then the timer has over 12 minutes left instead of seconds. Most PA sites limit the timer around 0:10 to 1:00 max even if bots are used.

pennybidders
  • pennybidders
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

OK, got it. I will look into the timers. Good catch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auction site, beta testing, monster penny, monster penny bids, monsterpennybids.com, new penny auction site, penny auction, penny auction site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users