beware bid deal penny auction ethics

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

jason
  • jason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

I'm on BigDeal a lot too, and I've received every item I've won. Lately, it has been more difficult for me to win. Just two days ago I had the experience Zyekad mentioned with the clock being off and not getting a bid in. Other than that, it really is my fav site.

The big ticket items can be tough to win, but they have a pretty good selection of less expensive items for everyone else not ready to throw down.

My one complaint is Zyekad, he beat me in an auction when I first started. I only remember because it was my first time bidding on something expensive. I've stayed away from him since then :wink:

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Well said Zyekad

toonewtothis
  • toonewtothis
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is that JoeyD the infamous powerbidder from Haggle, etc or a copycat? Auction starts in an hour I'd like to win but I'm not wasting my dough if it's him. I've never seen him on BigDeal.com before.

Orion9
  • Orion9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I agree completely with Zyekad..... Zyekad said it perfectly.

(And no; I don't know Zyekad but I've seen them bidding and researched their history and know to stay out of an auction he/she is in :rollingeyes:)

Best of luck to you all

Austinepp
  • Austinepp
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Grats on the win tonight Orion - Feel lucky. I was transferring funds to buy $1000 of bids to get back in and bid to value or win. I was almost ready when you won it while I was away. I'll be looking for you with revenge in mind! I was in the auction $40 b4 you! No worries, though. :) Just jealous and sad to have put in 400 to no avail. ;) Gratz and watch out for me

Orion9
  • Orion9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Hello again Austinepp!

Thanks for letting me know.....it would have been a very long night - I had spent just under 700 out of about a few thousand possible bids. (next time buy all your bids upfront - that's what I do).

May I also suggest starting an auction from the beginning or at least observing an auction for at least 15 minutes before jumping in. This way you get a much better lay of the territory and who is bidding. Please find some way of looking at the history of that auction...you will see that I had placed at least 4 bids before the auction hit 20 seconds and from then on I did bid-o-matic non stop.

If you see me in an auction; 95% of the time I was the first or second bidder on it.

Good luck to you and I look forward to our next encounter...sure to be a bid-to-buy for both of us:madface:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beware, bid deal, penny auction ethics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users