9 replies to this topic

BadAngel
  • BadAngel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

FYI...

I just find this interesting:

Clarios Corp., of whom LuckyChic is its "Internet Platform", is owned by Joel Fan---who is "is responsible for overseeing the technical team at Lucky Chic".

Clarios Corp. was issued a patent for the following, according to gen-eric "dot" com in 3/07:

"THE TROJAN EMAIL PATENT OF THE DAY GOES TO CLARIOS CORPORATION OF NEW YORK CITY FOR A SELF-DESTRUCTING DOCUMENT AND E-MAIL MESSAGING SYSTEM
03/13/07
7,191,219 Self-destructing document and e-mail messaging system
Issued: March 13, 2007
Filed: August 12, 2002
U.S. Class: 709/206
Abstract: A self-destruction document or e-mail messaging system is provided that automatically destroys documents or e-mail messages at a predetermined time by attaching a "virus" to the document or e-mail message. A virus in the form of a Trojan horse is attached to file (such as an e-mail message or document) when it is created. The virus contains a portion of executable code or an executable program which instructs the computer to overwrite and/or delete the file to which the virus is attached at a desired time. Since the virus is attached to the file, it will travel with the file even when the file is copied, forwarded, or saved to disks or tape drives.

Posted by GEN-ERIC at 11:41:32 am into the following categories: Patents of the Day"

The link to the actual patent can be found at

Patent Database Search Results: <SRCH> in <BANR>.

I am NOT alleging/insinuating anything...rather, this is just a tidbit of info I happened upon...

BadAngel
  • BadAngel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I just discovered that their "International and US Customer Service Number", 1.347.878.5825. is a stinking Metro PCS cell phone, that traces back to NYC, around Phil Rizzuto Park, near 125th and Atlantic!

And they have their Toll Free Number, 1-877-585-2442 (chic),set up so they are NOT located---or to make it very difficult anyway.

Every site tracking web traffic values their site between $4500 and $8K; their traffic per day is about 800 visitors.---Every tracking site but one, valuatemysite dot com. They estimate LC's worth to be over $1mil!!! And with over 8000 views per day---over 10X everyone else's estimates!!!!!

All of this points more and more to the likelihood of the use of bot/shill/automated bidding at LC.

The script they use is PHP/5.3.2---
:mad:

BadAngel
  • BadAngel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

OMG!!!!! In a matter of minutes,valuatemysite increased LC's value to
""luckychic.com" is worth $2,066,991 USD"!!!

Yeah right!!!!!

BadAngel
  • BadAngel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

And get this: Clarios Corp, a site with the following stats,

"This is interesting: website components of clarios.com

Pageviews per day: 0
Daily revenue from ads: $0
Host Name: clarios.com
Host IP: 204.200.198.169
Google Page Rank: 0
Google Backlinks: ~ 0
Bookmark this page

Yahoo Inlinks: 25
Alexa Ranking: 24,795,790
Alexa Links: 7
Alexa Graph:

Whois Details: clarios.com website contacts
DMOZ Listed?: No
Site Category:
Site Title:
Site Description:
Archive of clarios.com
Contacts:
No Lead411 contacts for this domain

"clarios.com" is worth $1,681,644 USD
Last Updated: 1 secs ago""

The above info was courtesy of /as per valuatemysite dot com.

A site with NO traffic and stats is worth over one million bucks...yeah, right!

And this is the corporation of which LC is their "Internet Platform"!!!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks, that's odd about the Trojan patent, let's look into this more & see what we can find out.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BadAngel
  • BadAngel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Thanks, that's odd about the Trojan patent, let's look into this more & see what we can find out.

Yes, it struck me as peculiar as well---and combined with the curious bidding patterns; the same constant winners; the incorrectly counting timer; the sometimes totally disappearing timer; the elusive website of and lack of info for Clarios Corp (despite job postings advertised for just a few weeks ago for the following:

"Senior PHP/LAMP Application Developer ($100k-$150k). at Clarios Corporation. New York, NY 10011. Clarios Corporation operates several websites which feature ...
jobs.joelonsoftware.co.in/default.asp?6808 - Cached");

the NUMEROUS businesses documenting Clarios' address as their own; the anonymous nature of LuckyChic's PUBLIC TOLL FREE customer service number....

And I become one suspicious PAWer!!:notrust::notrust::notrust:

The nature of that patent makes me wonder...:icon_bs:

Barbarian
  • Barbarian
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

According to http://www.webtraffic24.com Luckychic.com is worth $347.88 and clarios.com is worth $4.34 LOL. Did they go on a major spending spree overnight?
If I can't take it with me, then I am not going.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

The COO of LuckyChic, impressive profile: Adrianne Dicker Kadzinski - LinkedIn

"Adrianne Dicker Kadzinski
Senior Director for Transition Planning & Operations, Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq
Greater New York City Area
Contact Adrianne Dicker Kadzinski
Add Adrianne Dicker Kadzinski to your network
Current
Senior Director for Transition Planning & Operations, Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq at U.S. Department of State
Founding Executive, Business Development at LuckyChic.com
Board Advisor at Rebuilding Afghanistan Foundation
3 more...

Past
Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, Prime Brokerage Risk Management at Morgan Stanley
Addendum: Deal List, Morgan Stanley at Morgan Stanley
Executive Director, Residential Principal Finance Group at Morgan Stanley
7 more...

Education
US Army, ILE (CGSC)
Combined Arms Exchange, Fort Dix, NJ
JFK Special Warfare Center and School, Ft Bragg, NC"

Many months ago we e-mailed them when they first opened and they said they'd get back to us in a few months. I'll have to follow up soon.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 01 June 2010 - 05:05 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

LMJ77
  • LMJ77
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I'm not really sure what all of this means - but I'm assuming we think LuckyChic is not all "above board"? Its a similar "luxe" concept to OohILove but should we stay away? *huh*

BadAngel
  • BadAngel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi! Was away for awhile, but back online again:) Yes, I would tread very carefully with this site. Bidding patterns are extremely irregular; their website traffic appears to be altered to make it seem like they have more site hits than they really do; the same "people"/bidders win; etc.

Beware!!

...BTW, Luxbug PA shut down this past week. They have no new auctions...:cheers2:

LuckyChic has the same dubious bid patterns Luxbug did. (Luxbug was proven to have used shill/automated/bot bidders...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interesting, luckychic, patent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users