• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Hi Everyone,

I have listed some information below regarding the new management team at www.bidash.com , but also wanted to let you know we are still going through the transition period between ownership and the site has not run any auctions over the last few days due to this reason. The Script company is dragging their feet on sending out a new license so we can set it up on our server. We were looking to have our opening day today but appears it may be delayed until tomorrow at best. I will be glad to respond to any questions you have on here.

1. What are the owners name(s)?
Alan and Lena Poole
2. Are you a US Company?
Yes
3. If so what State are you in?
Maryland
4. Are you incorporated?
No
5. Do you have a customer service Phone?
Not at the moment, just through e-mail
6. What is your refund policy on unused bids and why?
Under the previous owner, if a person buys a bid pack and uses a bid, they are not refundable. If you purchase a bid pack and decide not to use any, then you will be refunded at $0.40 (bids current sell at $0.50 each). We are currently looking into this policy but will continue using it until further notice.
7. What is your estemated shipping lead time.
1-2 days to place order, I would say 2-3 days for most retailers to ship after that
8. DO you do your own fulfilment or will you use Amazon or Other please specify? We will be using Amazon as well as other established retailers to handle our shipping for now.
9. What is your business address?
Gaithersburg, MD (It is our home address, if you would like the actual street and house number, contact me through the site)
10 what is your customer service response time?
We are currently setting up the e-mails on our server to send out auto replies to notify we have received your request. Depending on the issue of course, we would estimate 24-48 hours.
Are you licensed in your state do do business?
Do not need a license to operate a website.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Welcome to PAW. Thank you for taking the time to give us all an update so we know where to turn.. Happy bidding to all...
KSteven7

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

No problem. Just hoping they get the license soon so we can get this back up and running. Once we are live I will let you all know in case you would like to stop by.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

While Maryland does not issue licenses specifically for auctioneers, I believe they do require that you register with the Department of Assessments and Taxation. Also, I believe Montgomery County may require you to obtain a business license (even for an internet company run from your home). You might want to double check this. Good luck with your new venture!

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Thanks Jets. I definitely will. I spoke to someone I work with and they seemed confident that i wouldn't need one.

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that www.bidash.com is up and running. All users will receive 20% off new bid packs from now until June 29th 11:59 PM EST. if you use "GRANDO" as the coupon code. I have registered to the dept of tax and assesment for the state of Maryland.

Thanks Jets for pointing that out.

tgg611
  • tgg611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

I see the win limits are different now.

"A user can win a maximum of 5 products a week and 20 products per 30 day rolling period"

Any other changes?

Is the auction exchange program still in effect for example?

Thanks

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Actually that is 5 auction wins a day. Once we get enough users we will be looking into implementing a lower daily and weekly limit. As far as the auction exchange, are you referring to the program where if you are outside the US and win an auction, you will receive a gift card for the equivalent amount of the item? If so, for right now we are only operating inside all 50 states of the US.

tgg611
  • tgg611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Actually that is 5 auction wins a day. Once we get enough users we will be looking into implementing a lower daily and weekly limit. As far as the auction exchange, are you referring to the program where if you are outside the US and win an auction, you will receive a gift card for the equivalent amount of the item? If so, for right now we are only operating inside all 50 states of the US.

So it is okay for a PowerBidder to win 5 of your 8 auctions today?

The exchange program refers to the ability to take any auction win and exchange it for an equivalent value Visa gift card. Also, the choice of combining won items into a higher value gift card.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Pooleman69 I am floored that you think that you can operate a business in your state without being licensed, technically you are reselling consumer products for profit it does not matter if you are selling on ebay if you are residually selling for profit license is required, you are also bound to collect sales tax for items shipped to your state, in addition to other tax laws both federal and/or state/county/city.

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I liked the 1 win a day limit---I don't see myself bidding here if you keep it at 5 a day.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

I liked the 1 win a day limit---I don't see myself bidding here if you keep it at 5 a day.

I will be playing elsewhere too once my bids are gone. I can already guess who the bidders will be that take advantage of that.
KSteven7

Chocolate
  • Chocolate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

yep, i don't bid on sites were all of the auctions can be monopolized by a few people.

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

It may state five a day. But on bidding, you can only win one. Otherwise it does give you an error message.

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Hi Everyone,

We only listed a few items last night for a "soft" opening and we noticed a few kinks that we are currently working on.

1. The bridge between www.bidash.com and our payment provider is not triggering the automatic changes that we were expecting. If you bought a bid pack it will not immediately show up in your account but I have added them manually and will continue to check our account regularly until this is fixed. As far as people who have purchased your auctions, we are showing we have received your payment even though our website is still showing unpaid. I am in the process of manually switching the status to paid awaiting shipping.
2. Last night we also noticed that the system was still only allowing 1 auction win per day which should be fixed going forward. The previous owner was able to help out with this. (Due to the overwhelmingly large response I received regarding this, the new limit will only be set at 3. We will monitor this closely and if we see the same user winning all the auctions, we will make adjustments according.)
3. We are still working on the newsletter mishap that happened yesterday.

I would like to ensure that we are doing everything in our power to resolve these issues as fast as we can and want you to know that you can bid with confidence.

Thank you,
Alan

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

One last thing to respond to tgg611's question. If you would like to bid on an item and exchange it for a visa card, I am fine with this. Please be sure to contact info@bidash.com prior to payment so we know.

Also, it is our intention to have more than 8 auctions a day but we lost our cable last night and was not able to add more which I intend to do in a little bit but I hear your point and as you can see from my comment above have only set the limit to 3 per day and it will be monitored.

pooleman69
  • pooleman69
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Pooleman69 I am floored that you think that you can operate a business in your state without being licensed, technically you are reselling consumer products for profit it does not matter if you are selling on ebay if you are residually selling for profit license is required, you are also bound to collect sales tax for items shipped to your state, in addition to other tax laws both federal and/or state/county/city.

Hi bid-to-2-too-win,

Sorry I missed your comment earlier today. I did receive the necessary sales tax and assessment and federal EIN information and have been in the process to get the license. I would like to thank everyone for their feedback regarding this.

Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users