Started by Paradise Penny Auction , Jul 02 2010 07:14 PM

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Paradise Penny Auction
  • Paradise Penny Auction
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Discuss & Review ParadisePennyAuction.com here.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 02 July 2010 - 07:20 PM.
Removed promotional post.

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

This is a great pa site! Roy and Lee have a long term vision for their site and they are off and running in the right direction....
I won a card on the 27th and received it in the mail today! I won a card on the 29th and received the electronic version of it yesterday. I read where bidders want customer service... you will find it here. They answer their phone and have responded to emails on a very timely basis. Thank you Roy and Lee for bringing a quality site to the industry.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

This site will NEVER load for me when the last few min of the auctions start. Very frustrating.

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

same here. When the site just opened, I had the same problem as you. The site wouldn't load for me even after I tried to refresh and reload the page.

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

This is a great pa site! Roy and Lee have a long term vision for their site and they are off and running in the right direction....
I won a card on the 27th and received it in the mail today! I won a card on the 29th and received the electronic version of it yesterday. I read where bidders want customer service... you will find it here. They answer their phone and have responded to emails on a very timely basis. Thank you Roy and Lee for bringing a quality site to the industry.

I would agree with the fast shipping although I think they charge way to much for shipping. I won a card and they shipped it electronically too which was cool since I got my won auction really quick. I just have a problem with them charging users $4.00 for shipping when they are shipping some of the cards electronically through emails. I bid on other sites and when they ship the cards to me electronically, it doesn't cost $4.00 for them to send it to me through my email.

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

I would agree with the fast shipping although I think they charge way to much for shipping. I won a card and they shipped it electronically too which was cool since I got my won auction really quick. I just have a problem with them charging users $4.00 for shipping when they are shipping some of the cards electronically through emails. I bid on other sites and when they ship the cards to me electronically, it doesn't cost $4.00 for them to send it to me through my email.

I did send Roy an email regarding the electronic shipping vs the cost to ship. I would suggest that you do also. He and Lee are very attentive to their customers!

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I did send Roy an email regarding the electronic shipping vs the cost to ship. I would suggest that you do also. He and Lee are very attentive to their customers!

I already send them an email regarding the shipping when I found out that I received my Bass and Pro gift card through email instead of receiving the actual card. All they said was that the $4.00 shipping was the normal cost it takes to ship the cards out which is understandable if they send me my card but they didn't. I hope they will change the shipping cost if not let the bidders know that they will receive the cards electronically because they didn't mention it in the auction description when I was bidding on that auction. I was hoping they will refund my shipping cost since $4.00 is way too much for emailing a card but that didn't happen.

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

I asked them to put the electronic shipping information in the product description. I am confident that we will see that in the future.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

This site will NEVER load for me when the last few min of the auctions start. Very frustrating.

Same issue and I haven't even registered yet. If the site is up for more than a few minutes it freezes and locks up my browser. I always try to watch a site before joining and this definitely is a no-no for me. Good luck to the rest of you...
KSteven7

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

I already send them an email regarding the shipping when I found out that I received my Bass and Pro gift card through email instead of receiving the actual card. All they said was that the $4.00 shipping was the normal cost it takes to ship the cards out which is understandable if they send me my card but they didn't. I hope they will change the shipping cost if not let the bidders know that they will receive the cards electronically because they didn't mention it in the auction description when I was bidding on that auction. I was hoping they will refund my shipping cost since $4.00 is way too much for emailing a card but that didn't happen.

Most sites consider it a shipping and Handling fee maybe the fee is just for processing the eCard and the win? I used to work for a company that charged more for the handling fee than I thought the product was worth.... (it was a stop smoking product that just put little holes in the filter.... stupid)
KSteven7

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I won a $50 Amazon Card about a week ago and July 7th I received an email that it was ordered. Been two days and haven't received anything. If they at least told you whether they shipped it out or sent it to you via email or what? They won't answer emails and I still have yet to receive it.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Could anyone let me know how their experience with this site has been? Please...

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I tried that site out a couple weeks ago because I got free bids. I won one auction from that site and they emailed me my gift card two days later. They did send me an email saying when my gift card will get shipped. From my experience, shipping was fast although I would prefer them to mail me my actual card since I paid $4.00 for shipping but they seem to ship out their stuff out pretty fast. I haven't bid on their site every since I won one gift card.

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Could anyone let me know how their experience with this site has been? Please...

Hello classified:

I am a big fan of this site. I have found them to be very receptive to my emails and phone calls (and I do both). They have answered every issue.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I won a gift card and absolutely no word from them..I left them a message by phone.

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

I won a gift card and absolutely no word from them..I left them a message by phone.

Against my better judgement :P, I did agree to the T&C just to stand up for Roy and Lee!

I must say classified, if you have a problem call between their office hours. Roy does answer! I have called him a couple of times and he has always answered during business hours.

As far as the shipping and handling, on the site during the first weeks the cards were going for pennies. Let alone winning on free bids. Most sites charge at least $5.00 for a $50.00 card. So $4.00 is nothing.

The site does load better with IE and using vista.

But I have had a wonderful time at Paradise! The shipping is wonderful! And they do have great cs! woot

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Against my better judgement :P, I did agree to the T&C just to stand up for Roy and Lee!

I must say classified, if you have a problem call between their office hours. Roy does answer! I have called him a couple of times and he has always answered during business hours.

As far as the shipping and handling, on the site during the first weeks the cards were going for pennies. Let alone winning on free bids. Most sites charge at least $5.00 for a $50.00 card. So $4.00 is nothing.

The site does load better with IE and using vista.

But I have had a wonderful time at Paradise! The shipping is wonderful! And they do have great cs! woot

I can't get it to load either. I have Vista (yuk!) and IE and I still can't get it too load.

Tim@SpeedClik
  • Tim@SpeedClik
  • Members
  • 662 posts

It loads pretty well on vista and firefox
I had a problem loading sites too
when I switched ISP
Comcast requires you change your browser settings to No Proxy for firefox
or sites dont load
hope I was of help

Tim

timelock99
  • timelock99
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

i have the same it will not load for me to it take like 20 min's or so by that time its over.

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

anyone know where do we click to pay for our auction? i won an auction today and I can't seem to find the button where i can pay for my auction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users