Started by iwillburyyou , Jul 07 2010 05:23 PM

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Just looking for feedback from anyone that has used the site.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I just tried out the free bids. I participated in one auction. I watched that auction hit 'closed' one time, and it didn't actually close. The next time it hit 'closed', it actually did close.

NO win limits that I can see listed on the site. I've emailed them to ask, will let you know.

NO restrictions on the number of accounts per household - as long as each user has and uses their own account, and has a paypal account, any number of people can join from one household.

Bids expire after a year. No refunds on bids.

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I just tried out the free bids. I participated in one auction. I watched that auction hit 'closed' one time, and it didn't actually close. The next time it hit 'closed', it actually did close.

NO win limits that I can see listed on the site. I've emailed them to ask, will let you know.

NO restrictions on the number of accounts per household - as long as each user has and uses their own account, and has a paypal account, any number of people can join from one household.

Bids expire after a year. No refunds on bids.

Yes, we just used our free bids against eachother and then the other guy won. Too funny. I saw it say closed 2 times and then on the third it finally ended. I emailed them too this morning about standard FAQ's and a section for closed auctions and have not heard back. LMK if you hear anything else.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Yes, we just used our free bids against eachother and then the other guy won. Too funny. I saw it say closed 2 times and then on the third it finally ended. I emailed them too this morning about standard FAQ's and a section for closed auctions and have not heard back. LMK if you hear anything else.

I will. Did you watch the Xbox auction - it ended with no further bidding - one of the names that was bidding against us - a name I don't recognize from any auction site.

I bet if I had placed a bid on there, all bidding he|| would have broken lose. Funny that closed with no more activity.

I also noticed a fake 'boredcrazy' on there.

I don't know, between that and "the corey" being all over every item, I'm wondering if I smell shills?

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I will. Did you watch the Xbox auction - it ended with no further bidding - one of the names that was bidding against us - a name I don't recognize from any auction site.

I bet if I had placed a bid on there, all bidding he|| would have broken lose. Funny that closed with no more activity.

I also noticed a fake 'boredcrazy' on there.

I don't know, between that and "the corey" being all over every item, I'm wondering if I smell shills?

Yea, I saw that baby go for nothing. I agree 100% if you would have bid on it some more bids would have come from someone else. Also noticed the fake boredcrazy. I am going to with hold on any bid purchases from there. Too many questions. In their about us section they state how they have used every auction site up to this time but yet they are missing some key features that everyone wants to see. IE past wins. I see you around a lot, nice to finally meet you.

Later

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Yea, I saw that baby go for nothing. I agree 100% if you would have bid on it some more bids would have come from someone else. Also noticed the fake boredcrazy. I am going to with hold on any bid purchases from there. Too many questions. In their about us section they state how they have used every auction site up to this time but yet they are missing some key features that everyone wants to see. IE past wins. I see you around a lot, nice to finally meet you.

Later

Nice meeting you also. Word has it - that's the REAL boredncrazy (my sister).

I do think there are some oddities around that site. But, it's worth watching, I'll probably try it once more, not sure yet.

The other thing, in the terms, it states that they might give your personal info to other sites.

Have a good evening!

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Nice meeting you also. Word has it - that's the REAL boredncrazy (my sister).

I do think there are some oddities around that site. But, it's worth watching, I'll probably try it once more, not sure yet.

The other thing, in the terms, it states that they might give your personal info to other sites.

Have a good evening!

Well if it's your sister I would take her word for it. LOL. I will watch you win something first how is that. :) I did see that in the terms and conditions too.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Well if it's your sister I would take her word for it. LOL. I will watch you win something first how is that. :) I did see that in the terms and conditions too.

Hi again...

Just had word back from the site - they say that sometime next week, new win limits will go into affect - 3 wins per week, not counting bid packs. Bid packs will be limited to one per month.

That's encouraging!

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi again...

Just had word back from the site - they say that sometime next week, new win limits will go into affect - 3 wins per week, not counting bid packs. Bid packs will be limited to one per month.

That's encouraging!

That's good. LMK how it works out. Doesn't look to hard to win an auction based off that last one either.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Just won the Martha Stewart 20 piece knife set with my free bids..amazing, lol

I just hope they will ship it!

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Anyone else getting this message when trying to access the site?

We're sorry but, for one or more reasons, you have been denied access to this site.
If you had any active auctions listed, we have cancelled all bids and removed the item(s) from our database.

Thank you

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

so where are the closed auctions
did I just not see them
or do they not have a closed auction page

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

We're sorry but, for one or more reasons, you have been denied access to this site.
If you had any active auctions listed, we have cancelled all bids and removed the item(s) from our database.

Thank you

No, haven't had that message.

@ BorednCrazy: It appears that they do not have a page for showing the closed auctions.

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

No, haven't had that message.

@ BorednCrazy: It appears that they do not have a page for showing the closed auctions.

well I guess it's ok that I had a typing error
and left the n out of my name because I probably will not be
bidding on a site that does not provide the closed auctions to us

boredncrazy
  • boredncrazy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 556 posts

just heard from the site and they
will be adding a closed auction page

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Thank you

That's weird...you won an auction then got locked out? Or was it a glitch?
If you still get that message, try cleaning out your temp. internet files and try logging in again. Please keep us posted!

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

So here is the response I received from the site.

" Thank you for your email. To be perfectly honest we are still working
out kinks and this was supposed to be a sorta beta test week. We never
expected to have such a influx of users. We will be working through
the night to put the past winners section on there and hopfully the
FAQs section before noon tomorrow."

Looks like they are on the right path. Maybe they launched a bit early? I don't know. I now wish them the best and hope they get all the kinks worked out.

nicetry
  • nicetry
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

I just got a call from a very nice guy named Luke in Customer Service just wanting to verify my address so he could ship out my item I won :) He also asked if I had any issues or ideas, and I did. Just like everyone else, they need a closed auction section, win limits, etc. He assured me that these things as well as others are being worked on, and should be in place soon.
They sure seem to be trying to make their site a success, and as with any new site, it takes a little time to work out the kinks, and having good customer service is always a plus!!! :wink:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Alexander Pope

Zyekad
  • Zyekad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I gave the site a shot and bought bids. I did win there, but spent more than the value of the items I won. It seemed fair and legitimate during the auction and only one name (the one that ran up the price though) was unfamiliar in the auction to me.

I'm guessing it was someone else just trying to establish themselves as a powerbidder, and it didn't "feel" like I was bidding against a shill. They actually seemed like a real person that was risking their bids in the auction with their bidding patterns.

I'll let you know if I receive my wins, and if anything changes in regards to my feelings on the site as I participate there more. As of now I give it a very cautious thumbs up from my experience there so far.

See you on the sites,
Zye

iwillburyyou
  • iwillburyyou
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

[quote name='Zyekad']I gave the site a shot and bought bids. I did win there, but spent more than the value of the items I won. It seemed fair and legitimate during the auction and only one name (the one that ran up the price though) was unfamiliar in the auction to me.

I'm guessing it was someone else just trying to establish themselves as a powerbidder, and it didn't "feel" like I was bidding against a shill. They actually seemed like a real person that was risking their bids in the auction with their bidding patterns.

I'll let you know if I receive my wins, and if anything changes in regards to my feelings on the site as I participate there more. As of now I give it a very cautious thumbs up from my experience there so far.

See you on the sites,

So from what I got this was more of a beta testing week. I stumbled on the site somehow before I think it was supposed to be open. I then proceeded to post it on paw and more people jumped on board then were supposed to. I don't know who you were bidding against but I am willing to give them a try after Sunday as long as they get the changes done they said they were going to. It looks like a decent site and customer service is right on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users