Started by robin marshall , Jul 09 2010 08:51 PM

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

robin marshall
  • robin marshall
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, Ineed any info on an online auction company by the name of Arrow Outlet. Has anyone done business with them? Any info would help! Thanks

robin marshall
  • robin marshall
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Has anyone here ever used arrowoutlet.com? Need any info about them that I can get. Bank has called me about a questionable charge from them.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

First, welcome to the Penny Auction Watch Forum! How did you find ArrowOutlet? It looks like they could possibly have what we call bidding bots (computer scripts set to shill bid) on there but not 100% sure.

It does seem as if they have more bidders than they have traffic:

From Alexa:

There are 1,623,263 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Arrowoutlet.com, and almost all visitors to the site come from the United States, where it has attained a traffic rank of 170,771. The site's visitors view an average of 2.1 unique pages per day.

Did you bid yet?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

lol.... I had to laugh at one of the bidders names there ....

I think my sis should change her name to AburridaYLoca !!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

lol.... I had to laugh at one of the bidders names there ....

I think my sis should change her name to AburridaYLoca !!

Yeah... mrsmcalmond, ofancientz, iambig, aburiddo, honeybea, 365daysbabi

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

wallgrommit, drunkentiger, fatdude, obnox, elquacko, goldenspie, modestmike, rickyidols

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

robin marshall
  • robin marshall
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yes I did win two small items, but shortly after I won my bank called to ask about a questionable transaction.(the cost to buy bids) It seems the arrow outlet bills under the name Ivy Secure Services. Now I found that it use to be the auction company named Bidazzl. Really having a hard time finding info...and in the mean time my bank has a hold on my account until I figure out if it is a legit company. Had searched before signing up with them, and found nothing bad about arrow outlet...but now I'm getting a little nervous! Can't find any info on the telephone number that they used in my bank transaction either except that it is a California number. My first time on an online auction :(

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Yes I did win two small items, but shortly after I won my bank called to ask about a questionable transaction.(the cost to buy bids) It seems the arrow outlet bills under the name Ivy Secure Services. Now I found that it use to be the auction company named Bidazzl. Really having a hard time finding info...and in the mean time my bank has a hold on my account until I figure out if it is a legit company. Had searched before signing up with them, and found nothing bad about arrow outlet...but now I'm getting a little nervous! Can't find any info on the telephone number that they used in my bank transaction either except that it is a California number. My first time on an online auction :(

You're right, they were Bidazzl. According to an article I posted back in March Bidazzl was Arrow Outlet LLC Penny Auction Bidazzl.com Reviews

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 09 July 2010 - 11:12 PM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

robin marshall
  • robin marshall
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The only way I found out that they used to be bidazzl was from your website...so thanks. I just found than info about an hour ago...Thanks for the information that you put on your website! Very useful website...if only I had known of it before I got involved with arrow outlet!! Thanks for your help...looks like I will have to cancel my card! :9

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

The only way I found out that they used to be bidazzl was from your website...so thanks. I just found than info about an hour ago...Thanks for the information that you put on your website! Very useful website...if only I had known of it before I got involved with arrow outlet!! Thanks for your help...looks like I will have to cancel my card! :9

My pleasure Robin, sorry to hear about this but glad I did post that info.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Well it looks like they have only been running auctions for a month. Increments vary between 2-10 cents. They registered the site on 3-09-2010 in Brea, CA. What worries me is they only paid for 1 year of registration being a big company.

arrowoutlet.com Private Registrant
A Happy DreamHost Customer
417 Associated Rd #324
Brea, CA 92821
US
+1.2139471032

Record created on 2010-03-09 21:09:00.
Record expires on 2011-03-09 21:09:00.

Oldest auctions I could find.
Arrowoutlet.com -- The Premier Technology Discount Site -

Arrowoutlet.com

(No reviews yet)
1,596,808 Alexa Traffic Rank
170,613 Traffic Rank in US
No data
Sites Linking In
No data

Percent of global Internet users who visit arrowoutlet.com:
Reach Change
1 month 0.00020 +700%
3 month 0.00008 +3000%

CountryPercent of Site Traffic
United States 97.0%
OTHER 3.0%

Amanda, Could you move this to a new thread?
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

pugluv
  • pugluv
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I can weigh in on Arrow Outlet. About a month ago I had insomnia and played all night for several nights. I found them to be very helpful and I won a lot of prizes: laptop, $1000 worth of gift cards, other prizes.... everything was shipped promptly. But things seems to have changed. I cannot win to save my life (when I occasionally play). I use the same techniques, but -nothing. It is frustrating and I am left feeling like a foolish sucker.

Either it is, like you say, they have bots or shills OR the public has caught on to my little gem and is creating more competition. Some players are very aggressive. Some buy 1000 points at a time. I don't know. They give good advice -"start small". But "small" used to mean a $100 gift card, now it is a $15 dollar gift card. I am finding that the Buy It Now option is helpful as I've beeen forced to use it last time I played. I'm about to give up with this site. It does have way more players than it used to. I guess that would be the case for any site that gets busy. I have the same problem with Quibids.

So I am looking for the next "new thing" that is honest!

ysmiles
  • ysmiles
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just signed on today with them. First round of bidding on the "beginners bid pack" went well. However when I tried to win another bid pack the bid button would not accept my last bid. I tried pushing the "bid now" button twice but then time ran out. Seems fishy to me. I have sent an email to Arrow Outlet to see how they will handle the situation. After watching the bidding process I figured out Arrow Outlet is making a bundle. The $ amount goes up 2 cents every time someone bids. Each bid is worth .50 cents. A package for 25 bids for example is worth $12.50. One 25 bid package I was watching went for over $1.50 which means there were over 75 bids and Arrow Outlet just made more than $38 on a package worth $12.50. I paid for 15 bids and plan to ask for a refund since I have 18 bids left after winning a beginners package. They offer 100% money back on unused bids. We will see if they honor that....

PennyDeluxe
  • PennyDeluxe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

This is the first Ive heard of them after responding to another thread today asking about them. Their alexa rankings are as follows now:

Global 45502
US 6879

Compete shows their unique visitors have grown from 567 in May 2010 to over 550,000 by November 2010.

What does all this mean?

brianpatrick
  • brianpatrick
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I too had the problem with my bid not registering this happened after 40+ bids and a lot of time so i went to bed
and had it happen again the following morning on a smaller item and a lot less bids. I am done

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Never heard of this site but they are using some shady advertising tactics. I googled the name of a popular penny auction and the first result was an ad by this arrowoutlet site with "Warning site name users!" as the title. I googled another popular site and the top result was again from arrowoutlet and a link to their site titled "Is site name a scam?"

Shady tactics and sounds like shady bot bidding. Red flag for sure.
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.

avakate
  • avakate
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am new to this site but am thrilled to discover Penny Auction Watch. I joined Arrow Outlet today and purchased $19.95 worth of bids as a beginner. I have spent the entire afternoon on Arrow Outlet (I am home sick today otherwise I would be much more productive at work!) Anyway, seems no matter what I do, I cannot win a thing. I have been watching bids, bidding, even using the "autobid" feature - which seems to me is "suspect". I am somewhat skeptical about this site. Seems to me that something is fishy. Has anyone investigated them and assessed their system? Are they subject to any standards as a U.S. business??? Just curious as I can see how individuals could lose a lot of money in hopes of winning some of those $100.00 Visa Gift Cards. That is what concerns me. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Rulloff
  • Rulloff
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I haven't used Arrow Outlet yet, but I did see that they are offering affiliates 80% of the initial bid pack that the customer buys, so they are ALL OVER the PPC realm. Not sure if they are truly legit, but Commission Junction generally works only with reputable companies, for whatever that's worth.

samsonn
  • samsonn
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It is my opinion they are using bots, last time i checked they sold alot of ipad2s, but almost every sale was in the $200-275 range, too much of a coincidence. They are trying to push 1000 auctions per day, i guess their strategy is to do more volume with cheaper bids at .50 cents.

This is what quibids did with /60 cents per bid, but at least quibids is doing 5000-10,000 auctions per day.

dutchess63
  • dutchess63
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I use them all the time. After getting lied to scamed etc by other sites I HIGHLY recommend arrow. They are on the up and up. They ship quickly and everything is what is shown. I love them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users