Started by robin marshall , Jul 09 2010 08:51 PM

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

elbo
  • elbo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

THe previous poster must be a shill. Hardly up and up.

Here's all you need to understand their ethics:

On one of their pages (at ArrowOutlet.com - link), bottom of page, they claim the NY Times said:

"Successful bidders can win anything from a television to a car or a cash sum, for a fraction of its real cost."

Three problems: 1. It wasn't the NY Times. 2. It was in fact BBC but it was entirely misleading, in fact reversing the point of the article. 3. The actual article was an indictment of this type of business, calling it pure gambling and quoting officials saying it should be regulated like a lottery (ostensibly with equally ridiculous odds of success).

If they lie about this, what else do you think they're lying about?

Edited by elbo, 11 June 2011 - 07:24 PM.

scammerssuck
  • scammerssuck
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Dutchess63 is a scammer. I watched arrow outlet for 2 days and for two days dutchess and a few other names were constantly on there bidding on macs, ipods, $500, $100 bid vouchers, iphones, travel cases etc. I wrote it all down they would load the site up with their bids there is no way someone else coudl win in one day dutchess won several $500 bid vouchers, macs, etc. then turned around and rebid on the same things and started winning again raising the prices of the higher dollar items and winning some which was probably an accident the real bidders probably decided there was no way they could win, you will see several names on there bidding on the same items over and over and all at once. HUGE scam. I just emailed arrowoutlet telling them I want my money back, gave them names etc. and said I was going to report them, which I am. Go on there and just monitor the site and you will see exactly what I'm talking about write down the screen names then look at all the live bids and you will see how they are all over those items and then look at the ended items and you will see how much crap they "won". Do not use arrow, dont trust any of them you will get scammed!!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi ScammersSuck, Welcome to the Penny Auction Watch Forum. How do you know for a fact that the bidder is a scammer? How did you come across penny auctions? Let us know if you have any other questions!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

allybaby
  • allybaby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I totally agree with scammerssuck. I have been watching not bidding and I came to the same conclusion. Also everything she bids and wins is far less the price than the same item at a much higher price.
Who wins four or five 500 bid cards is less than two hours?

dtreich
  • dtreich
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey,

So, I think there is possibly some truth to the bids being driven, that there is a shill. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people out there who are bored with some extra cash and just like the thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of the win. The site, no matter how you reword it, is a gambling site.

But that's not what gets me. What gets me is the convenience of getting down to the last second and the clock stops moving. It's not my computer cuz the clocks on all of the other items are still moving. And it's not like five bids come in at once...maybe this could explain a glitch..it's more like the clock holds out for an extra second or two for another bidder to come in. Each bid makes the countdown start over at 15 second intervals, and when this happens (the stall of the final bid) it's not like the next bid starts at 12 or 13 seconds accounting for the 2-3 second delay being witnessed. Rather, 2-3 seconds after it starts at 15 seconds. I have even seen it show 0 seconds and still lost the bid. Reading up on these problems with the site all of the "official' responses declare it's either a problem with the internet service provider or user error. The other problem it hitting the bid button and it not going through and someone just happens to win at that moment. I have no problems with my internet provider unless there is a major storm. The site promises first time bidders that they will win almost immediately....so how is this possible unless the bidding is rigged?

A year ago it was pretty cool to play around on that site. You win a little, some fun competition and it was entertaining. Now it appears extremely aggressive and the wins are starting to seem shady. Without any true regulations it seems as if it would be difficult to prove anything. Without an actual regulating agency...you can report them to whoever will listen all you want...as far as I know they don't have to answer to anyone.:S

jhumur
  • jhumur
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I stumbled onto ArrowOutlet a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember how now, but it probably was a banner ad that attracted to the place. Normally, I wouldn't be interested in spending any money on such a site, because my common sense tells me that it's really a waste of money. But, I saw an item- a Cuisinart Cookware Set- that I have wanted for a long time but couldn't afford it at Amazon prices. So, I decided to give it a try. I purchased a bidpack for $20 and set my eyes on the item. Over the next 10-12 hours, I tried to win some bidpacks, and the item, but never succeeded. $40 later, I decided to cut my losses and vowed to never try another Penny Auction site. I think you're just wasting your money. There are a few observations I made that echo the comments of others here that I would like to share.

1. It seemed that a few bidders were consistently winning all the bids that I participated in. It was amazing how one bidder (whose ID I didn't record) kept winning bidpacks one after another. Whenever I saw the bidder bidding on an item, it was almost a given that the bidder would eventually prevail. And the same bidder would be active on multiple bids at once. I didn't understand that could be possible when I was struggling to keep my grasp on one bid. There were a numbers of bidders like that.

2. A dozen times or more, I was sure I had won a bid only to see it go to someone else. It was almost like my keystroke wasn't recorded. I noticed the same momentary "pause" that others have mentioned here many times. It came an instant before the clock ran out. So I happened that I would place a bid a split-second before the clock ran out, sure that I got it right, but the bid went to someone else.

3. Now the big one: I got a call from my Bank this morning saying that there were suspicious activities on my account. There were 4 charges on my card that they thought were suspicious and they wanted to confirm if I had made those charges, or if I lost my card. The charges added up to over a thousand dollars. the charges were denied by the bank and the card was deactivated. Of course, I can't really say that this had anything to do with ArrowOutlet, but it is a curious coincidence. I do a lot of online shopping; have done so for years. But, this was the first time I got caught up in an online fraud.

My parting words would be: Don't waste a penny on these Penny Auction sites, in the hope of finding a great deal. Save your money instead, find a good sale, and buy that thing that you want.

Finally, I believe that all these penny auction sites should be thoroughly investigated, prosecuted if necessary, and strictly regulated.

jhumur
  • jhumur
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I stumbled onto ArrowOutlet a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember how now, but it probably was a banner ad that attracted to the place. Normally, I wouldn't be interested in spending any money on such a site, because my common sense tells me that it's really a waste of money. But, I saw an item- a Cuisinart Cookware Set- that I have wanted for a long time but couldn't afford it at Amazon prices. So, I decided to give it a try. I purchased a bidpack for $20 and set my eyes on the item. Over the next 10-12 hours, I tried to win some bidpacks, and the item, but never succeeded. $40 later, I decided to cut my losses and vowed to never try another Penny Auction site. I think you're just wasting your money. There are a few observations I made that echo the comments of others here that I would like to share.

1. It seemed that a few bidders were consistently winning all the bids that I participated in. It was amazing how one bidder (whose ID I didn't record) kept winning bidpacks one after another. Whenever I saw the bidder bidding on an item, it was almost a given that the bidder would eventually prevail. And the same bidder would be active on multiple bids at once. I didn't understand that could be possible when I was struggling to keep my grasp on one bid. There were a numbers of bidders like that.

2. A dozen times or more, I was sure I had won a bid only to see it go to someone else. It was almost like my keystroke wasn't recorded. I noticed the same momentary "pause" that others have mentioned here many times. It came an instant before the clock ran out. So I happened that I would place a bid a split-second before the clock ran out, sure that I got it right, but the bid went to someone else.

3. Now the big one: I got a call from my Bank this morning saying that there were suspicious activities on my account. There were 4 charges on my card that they thought were suspicious and they wanted to confirm if I had made those charges, or if I lost my card. The charges added up to over a thousand dollars. The charges were denied and the card was deactivated. Of course, I can't really say that this had anything to do with ArrowOutlet, but it's an odd coincidence. I do a lot of online shopping; have done so for years. But, this was the first time I got caught up in an online fraud.

My parting words would be: Don't waste a penny on these Penny Auction sites, in the hope of finding a great deal. Save your money instead, find a good sale, and buy that thing that you want.

Finally, I totally agree that all these penny auction sites should be thoroughly investigated, prosecuted if necessary, and strictly regulated.

jhumur
  • jhumur
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

3. Now the big one: I got a call from my Bank this morning saying that there were suspicious activities on my account. There were 4 charges on my card that they thought were suspicious and they wanted to confirm if I had made those charges, or if I lost my card. The charges added up to over a thousand dollars. The charges were denied and the card was deactivated. Of course, I can't really say that this had anything to do with ArrowOutlet, but it's an odd coincidence. I do a lot of online shopping; have done so for years. But, this was the first time I got caught up in an online fraud.

Finally, I believe all these penny auction sites should be thoroughly investigated, prosecuted if necessary, and strictly regulated.

jhumur
  • jhumur
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Admin, sorry, I posted the same post 3 times not realizing at first that the reason it wasn't showing up was because it was in review. I apologize for the annoyance. Could you please delete two of the posts? Thank you!

Trace2Win
  • Trace2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Dutchess63 is a scammer. I watched arrow outlet for 2 days and for two days dutchess and a few other names were constantly on there bidding on macs, ipods, $500, $100 bid vouchers, iphones, travel cases etc. I wrote it all down they would load the site up with their bids there is no way someone else coudl win in one day dutchess won several $500 bid vouchers, macs, etc. then turned around and rebid on the same things and started winning again raising the prices of the higher dollar items and winning some which was probably an accident the real bidders probably decided there was no way they could win!!

This is one major problem with arrowoutlet.com .... they have NO WINNING LIMITS at all. So once someone gets rolling it just snowballs and they outbid everyone. Sure I suppose this dutchess63 could be a bot or an inside bidder from them, but one of their REAL problems is that they don't limit how much she can win per day or per week. It's stupid. Don't waste your time trying to win anything of value there. You have about 1% chance of doing so.

dutchess63
  • dutchess63
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am not a scammer. Maybe you didn't pay attention to the whole picture. I may place bids on several auctions at one time sometimes with the aid of auto bidders. The reason I do this is simply that if you only bid on one maybe two auctions you may or not win. but then something you may have wanted is gone for extremely cheap won by someone else. I can understand your frustration but just because I have spent hidiously large amounts on bids themselves and want to up chances on winning doesn't make me a scammer. If you don't like the way several of regulars bid , then go somewhere else.

rapperdaskt
  • rapperdaskt
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I joined Arrow Outlet just 2 days ago.. Like most of you said, there were a set of about 8-12 bidders who seemed to have unlimited bidding credits. Naturally I didn't have a chance with the bidding. But there was another option there called the gavel. It was basically a jackpot game, where you select from over 100 icons, of which a few have the prize. Here, I managed to win two walmart gift cards, worth a net $75. Looking at all this, it seems to me that, despite the odds, there is a small probabililty of winning. But the negative reviews here have got me worried. I haven't received the card yet, which they say will be delivered in a week's time. It also has a Walmart Confirmation No, so it seems to be a legitimate deal. Any comments ppl??

ArrowOutletInfo
  • ArrowOutletInfo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Mathematicians at the University of California, San Diego discovered that ArrowOutlet.com uses robots and wins 70% of their own auctions. Collected data shows that each month, ArrowOutlet fools 1,000 real users and takes $130,000.00 from them: ArrowOutlet Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users