Started by MILLIONAIRE , Jul 16 2010 09:41 PM

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Hello, I am new to DealDash, trying to take it slow and get familar with the extreme power bidders, regular power bidders, strong bidders, etc. I do like that they keep a lot of auctions going at once, the trade items for credits, and the buy it now.

Hey FG, nice to meet you...good luck on the site :)

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I'm confused cuz I can't find the other post from a few days ago.
so hoping you read this one. saw you on the 150, was that a hi? :cool: thx

Sorry, haven't posted in a while...yes that was me; now I know your secret identity!!:smilielol5:

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Nice battle on the Lenovo tonight! A friend of a friend said they knew you so I figured I would respectfully give up. Enjoy your new PC! gncplus4

Hey GNC, thank you and thank you very much, I appreciate it. If the friend of a friend really knows me, then you will know that I will return the respect. I will root for you on the next one. Sorry about the bids you lost :(

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Yes, apbid :) Nice win, congrats on the Lenova!

And very respectful of you gnc!! :bigsmile:

Thank you sir, and nice to meet you. And you are absolutely right, very, very respectful of GNC. I hope to return the favor.

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Hello, I'm a frequent user of Bigdeal.com, quibids, and occasionally dealdash (can't stand the powerbidders there though) I've learned a lot from this site and would like to contribute if I can.

kat2u
  • kat2u
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Welcome Millionaire and Forrest and GNC! Sharpbidder, I haven't tried to figure out what your bidder name since it really doesn't matter to me as far as strategy goes since I am assuming you bid on the bigger items which at present I don't bid on anyway. Ap and I have already "talked" on the boards so we are not strangers :wink:
As far as DD goes, I've been laughing for the better part of a week now. 2 weeks ago when the two biggest powerbidders on the site battled for 600 and 300 credit auctions DD actually saw this as something positive. They posted a blog about it on the site about how exciting it is to see which powerbidder will win. And all along I'm thinking to myself "don't you see where this is heading?" Then last week, the bigger powerbidder started snagging up all the little bid auctions. 20 bids, 30 bids, etc. I counted one day and he managed to rack up over 1300 bids in just one day :o How can they see that as a positive for the site?? And that was just one day. The monopolization of big credit auctions was a 2 week span. So now he can turn around and use those FREE credits on the biggest ticket items on the site--and those items won't go for very many bids, as everyone who has spent a few days there knows he will not quit until he wins. So that's some serious merchandise that is goiing to be given away at the site owners cost not to mention bids lost by people not willing to bid against him. I did however, see an auction for 60 credits tonight with a one per win limit so maybe the DD staff actually has seen the light. And there are very few 300 credit and 600 credit auctions over the last few days.
In my opinion, I think that all auctions should be included in the 10 per week limit. Keeping Credit auction wins unlimited is just going to cause the site a slow, painful death! JMO

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

:coolgleamA::coolgleamA::coolgleamA: Hello to all,
I'm MILLIONAIRE.. so far I have enjoyed Bidding and look forward to having fun with all!!!

Welcome to PAW :) ...are you the same Millionaire from Swoopo?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Sorry, haven't posted in a while...yes that was me; now I know your secret identity!!:smilielol5:

Ap and I have already "talked" on the boards so we are not strangers :wink: JMO

haha apbid.
kat2u - Nice meeting you. I see you on the site from time to time. Good luck. Yep, ap drops by from time to time, but only for a sec. He's busy. :smilielol5:

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Hello, I'm a frequent user of Bigdeal.com, quibids, and occasionally dealdash (can't stand the powerbidders there though) I've learned a lot from this site and would like to contribute if I can.

Hey buddy, nice to meet you...i know i've seen you on BD. As a matter of fact, didn't you win something this morning there?

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

haha apbid.
kat2u - Nice meeting you. I see you on the site from time to time. Good luck. Yep, ap drops by from time to time, but only for a sec. He's busy. :smilielol5:

Dude, big congrats to you!!!:cheers2:

And hello Kat, long time.

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Hey buddy, nice to meet you...i know i've seen you on BD. As a matter of fact, didn't you win something this morning there?

Nice to meet you too. I won an 8 gb Ipod touch yesterday morning.

gncplus4
  • gncplus4
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hey GNC, thank you and thank you very much, I appreciate it. If the friend of a friend really knows me, then you will know that I will return the respect. I will root for you on the next one. Sorry about the bids you lost :(

Thanks, my turn will come shortly! :) good to meet you. I am sure we will see each other around.

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Dude, big congrats to you!!!:cheers2: .

Thanks. I did it 3 times to the 2 biggies. I'm on a mission (as you can see). Hey... trying to keep low but I didn't want to step on your toes, you just weren't there and I had to jump in because GS was about to get it. That wasn't happening. I was surprised you backed away from him. It just happens to be that right now I'm putting out thousands to attack and these are helping alot. If I see you're in one that I'm in I won't be upset, especially when I see you went overboard, like in the HD card (What were you thinking). That was not cool. Sorry.

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Thanks. I did it 3 times to the 2 biggies. I'm on a mission (as you can see). Hey... trying to keep low but I didn't want to step on your toes, you just weren't there and I had to jump in because GS was about to get it. That wasn't happening. I was surprised you backed away from him. It just happens to be that right now I'm putting out thousands to attack and these are helping alot. If I see you're in one that I'm in I won't be upset, especially when I see you went overboard, like in the HD card (What were you thinking). That was not cool. Sorry.

Hey I know you aren't stepping on my toes, by all means, please go get them, especially when you notice I'm not around. I prefer it be you. Respect begets respect, I know exactly what you are doing, so no worries at all. I backed off for a couple of reasons, first, just I was wasting too many bids and second, I had a feeling you would step in, I was soo glad that you did.:cheers2: I see what you are doing, so by all means, keep it up. With the HD card, I set that thing on auto and took the family out, movies, dinner, etc... I could see what was happening on my phone but can't do anything about from the phone. I wanted so badly to get out but couldn't from the phone. All that aside, I think there is something wrong with that dude that always jumps in like he did on the card. :smilielol5:

I appreciate your note, but no need to be sorry. We're on the same page. Here is another one. :cheers2:

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Thanks, my turn will come shortly! :) good to meet you. I am sure we will see each other around.

I saw you on several but I see that you back off pretty quickly, and I know that you can keep going and probably win. The card for example, how come you backed off on that one?

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Hey I know you aren't stepping on my toes, by all means, please go get them, especially when you notice I'm not around. I prefer it be you. Respect begets respect, I know exactly what you are doing, so no worries at all. I backed off for a couple of reasons, first, just I was wasting too many bids and second, I had a feeling you would step in, I was soo glad that you did.:cheers2: I see what you are doing, so by all means, keep it up. With the HD card, I set that thing on auto and took the family out, movies, dinner, etc... I could see what was happening on my phone but can't do anything about from the phone. I wanted so badly to get out but couldn't from the phone. All that aside, I think there is something wrong with that dude that always jumps in like he did on the card. :smilielol5:

I appreciate your note, but no need to be sorry. We're on the same page. Here is another one. :cheers2:

okay. TY. I'm sooo glad we're on the same page as well. Finally a bidder that knows how to work this game. :cheers2: When you backed off, I thought perhaps you shouldn't. Not with someone like that one. Some people need an 'in your face' attitude. Like, 'yea?.... let's play it out.' That one does not last long with me but will take me all the way on high stuff. I want to put an end to that. Next. The HD card. I agree that jumper is a pain. But he only jumps HD and AM cards and does not on auctions. Sorry you couldn't back out. You need a backup who can get you out when you're not around. I absolutely have one for alot of things. But more important, you won netbooks, right? Buy yourself a broadband USB and viola.... you get net service anywhere (verizon is tops). OR get yourself a MiFi phone (again Verizon is tops for that) like the Palm Pre Plus - I have it, luv it. The phone is your personal MiFi and is used like a modem when getting on the net. Get it and don't leave home without it. btw.... are you on any other PA forums? btw again. I was automated on that sams. cam that you just won. I canceled when I saw you popped your name. I try to not always stamp b4 it starts. Have fun and go get 'em. I'm cheering for you. :cheers2:

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

okay. TY. I'm sooo glad we're on the same page as well. Finally a bidder that knows how to work this game. :cheers2: When you backed off, I thought perhaps you shouldn't. Not with someone like that one. Some people need an 'in your face' attitude. Like, 'yea?.... let's play it out.' That one does not last long with me but will take me all the way on high stuff. I want to put an end to that. Next. The HD card. I agree that jumper is a pain. But he only jumps HD and AM cards and does not on auctions. Sorry you couldn't back out. You need a backup who can get you out when you're not around. I absolutely have one for alot of things. But more important, you won netbooks, right? Buy yourself a broadband USB and viola.... you get net service anywhere (verizon is tops). OR get yourself a MiFi phone (again Verizon is tops for that) like the Palm Pre Plus - I have it, luv it. The phone is your personal MiFi and is used like a modem when getting on the net. Get it and don't leave home without it. btw.... are you on any other PA forums? btw again. I was automated on that sams. cam that you just won. I canceled when I saw you popped your name. I try to not always stamp b4 it starts. Have fun and go get 'em. I'm cheering for you. :cheers2:

Ohh man, I am really sorry about that. Come to think of it, I was also going to go for another one (different brand / model) that is coming up later today and placed a bid there already. But I think I'm going to take the family out again tonight and this time I'm not setting the auto like I did on the card. Respect begets Respect.
Thanks for the phone / Mi/Fi info. It couldn't have come at a better time. My contract with Verizon expires in two weeks, woohoo, time to upgrade!!
And unfortunately I'm not on any other forums. I should peek in just to see what's up though.
Good luck today!!

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Ohh man, I am really sorry about that. Come to think of it, I was also going to go for another one (different brand / model) that is coming up later today and placed a bid there already. But I think I'm going to take the family out again tonight and this time I'm not setting the auto like I did on the card. Respect begets Respect.
Thanks for the phone / Mi/Fi info. It couldn't have come at a better time. My contract with Verizon expires in two weeks, woohoo, time to upgrade!!
And unfortunately I'm not on any other forums. I should peek in just to see what's up though.
Good luck today!!

hey.. why are we on millionaire? He never shows up? Gotta start the 'go get 'em' thread or a thread that no one reads like 'the weather' thread. :smile1: The site is very different than it used to be, PB's are mostly gone. I wonder why but I think they no longer want to invest because he owes them a tremendous amount. Thanks btw. At least take a look at the palm pre plus... Verizon only has 2 phones for mifi, this is the better version, I think. The best part is that if you'd purchase the broadband USB, you have to pay per month. If you get the phone, it's an amazing phone and turns into a modem in a second when you want to get online, and it's FREE with an upgrade, unlimited net usage. I'm not a palm type of girl so it took me a while to hook it up, but I'm addicted now. Have fun today.

gncplus4
  • gncplus4
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Ugh! Since the site recently changed, I have had many struggles varying from technical glitches to the adjustment of limited bids. However, after learning a few lessons, I think I am back on my game:) thanks for noticing. I welcome any advice!

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Ugh! Since the site recently changed, I have had many struggles varying from technical glitches to the adjustment of limited bids. However, after learning a few lessons, I think I am back on my game:) thanks for noticing. I welcome any advice!

Congrats on all the wins lately...I was glad to see you won those, especially after you backed off when we were at it and lost all your bids. Makes me feel much better to see you win.:cheers2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users