Started by MILLIONAIRE , Jul 16 2010 09:41 PM

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

hey.. why are we on millionaire? He never shows up? Gotta start the 'go get 'em' thread or a thread that no one reads like 'the weather' thread. :smile1: The site is very different than it used to be, PB's are mostly gone. I wonder why but I think they no longer want to invest because he owes them a tremendous amount. Thanks btw. At least take a look at the palm pre plus... Verizon only has 2 phones for mifi, this is the better version, I think. The best part is that if you'd purchase the broadband USB, you have to pay per month. If you get the phone, it's an amazing phone and turns into a modem in a second when you want to get online, and it's FREE with an upgrade, unlimited net usage. I'm not a palm type of girl so it took me a while to hook it up, but I'm addicted now. Have fun today.

Hey how are you? Sorry for the late reply, been inactive last few days. But I did se you go at it for the 40 credits...and you think I'm nuts :smilielol5:

Good win on the camera and the netbook also.

And you know, I don't know why we are on this thread. I will begin a new one.

Thanks again for the phone advice...few more days to go and I go get the upgrade!!

gncplus4
  • gncplus4
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I am very pleased too. I am slowly working my way back up to the +, however with the recent posts I have read about the site, I am feeling very uneasy about all my wins! Thanks apbid for your encouragement :wink:

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Hey how are you? Sorry for the late reply, been inactive last few days. But I did se you go at it for the 40 credits...and you think I'm nuts :smilielol5:

Thanks again for the phone advice...few more days to go and I go get the upgrade!!

Hey you. Doing good, thx. You didn't even have to comment on the 40, you already know when, how and why. Best win, btw. But you're still nuts. :smilielol5:So I'm waiting for you to begin a new one, a very low-keyed new one... I'm so glad you topped VVV on the HD card. That one is a jumper so it was well deserved. I have no problem jumping jumpers... And thx, been getting some decent wins, so have you... congrats!

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

omg. what have we done? 33344 :o:sad:

bidclikr
  • bidclikr
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello World

We are so excited. We are closing in on our Grand Opening day of October 16th and looking so forward to you joining us to help us launch in style!

Bidclikr.com will try to revolutionize the penny auction world. We will be small which provides huge opportunity for items at amazing discounts. Register with us on opening day purchase a bid pack and receive amazing incentives.

Follow us on Facebook, or twitter or Youtube and join in on the fun contests we are running right now. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Bidclikr.com

Let your fingers do the clicking

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Hello World

We are so excited. We are closing in on our Grand Opening day of October 16th and looking so forward to you joining us to help us launch in style!

Bidclikr.com will try to revolutionize the penny auction world. We will be small which provides huge opportunity for items at amazing discounts. Register with us on opening day purchase a bid pack and receive amazing incentives.

Follow us on Facebook, or twitter or Youtube and join in on the fun contests we are running right now. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Bidclikr.com

Let your fingers do the clicking

Doesn't PAW have rules on where you can plug yet another PA site? I don't know about the rest of y'all bidders, but I find this plug in this thread intrusive.

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

omg. what have we done? 33344 :o:sad:

Where are you getting the auction ID from? I can't see it anywhere except on the transaction history, and not all transactions are listed there. But I assume you are talking about the cam. I just didn't want to fight for it tonight, figured I got a great deal on the one before, so let him have this one. I can probably get the next one. Have a good night. :wink:

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Where are you getting the auction ID from? I can't see it anywhere except on the transaction history, and not all transactions are listed there. But I assume you are talking about the cam. I just didn't want to fight for it tonight, figured I got a great deal on the one before, so let him have this one. I can probably get the next one. Have a good night. :wink:

No AP, not talking about the Cam... Some people are not worth the fight, so you did the right thing. See the 5 digit auction # I gave you? .... okay... click on any auction, doesn't matter which one, it will lead you to the details of that auction, then go to the URL in your toolbar. There's a 5 digit number at the end of the URL. That's the auction ID. Replace that 5 digit number with '33344'. Then you'll see why I said 'OMG, what did we do to him'?

Are you ok otherwise?

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

No AP, not talking about the Cam... Some people are not worth the fight, so you did the right thing. See the 5 digit auction # I gave you? .... okay... click on any auction, doesn't matter which one, it will lead you to the details of that auction, then go to the URL in your toolbar. There's a 5 digit number at the end of the URL. That's the auction ID. Replace that 5 digit number with '33344'. Then you'll see why I said 'OMG, what did we do to him'?

Are you ok otherwise?

Ok, thanks for that education *hug*

That is very strange for him indeed. He goes from being somewhat of a powerbidder to quite the opposite, overnight. See what you did to him? :smilielol5:

And then he jumps you on the cam, but was smart to get out. Good job.

He put in a bid or two on one of the auctions I was on right as I was about to win, but didn't follow through.

But then he decides to go for the cam against T59; very unpredictable that one.

I see him on BD, not winning much, but mostly chasing bid packs.

Hey and sorry about the netbook just a few mins ago. I'm surprised you stopped. Didn't expect that; but you did go to retail and then some, so maybe that's why you stopped?? :S

Otherwise I'm fine :) It's raining out here in Southern CA; I like it. It's 3:30 am and I should be sleeping but oh well. It's 6:30 am for you, did you sleep or watching the auction all night?

I need to start that other thread. I'll do it later today.

Have a good day, and good luck on the site :)

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Ok, thanks for that education *hug*

That is very strange for him indeed. He goes from being somewhat of a powerbidder to quite the opposite, overnight. See what you did to him? :smilielol5:

And then he jumps you on the cam, but was smart to get out. Good job.

He put in a bid or two on one of the auctions I was on right as I was about to win, but didn't follow through.

But then he decides to go for the cam against T59; very unpredictable that one.

I see him on BD, not winning much, but mostly chasing bid packs.

Hey and sorry about the netbook just a few mins ago. I'm surprised you stopped. Didn't expect that; but you did go to retail and then some, so maybe that's why you stopped?? :S

Otherwise I'm fine :) It's raining out here in Southern CA; I like it. It's 3:30 am and I should be sleeping but oh well. It's 6:30 am for you, did you sleep or watching the auction all night?

I need to start that other thread. I'll do it later today.

Have a good day, and good luck on the site :)

Hey. That netbook should not have ended that way. I usually don't watch auctions. I dump the bids, so yea, I was asleep. I intended to take it way past retail and it's my fault that I didn't automate enough. To be continued on new thread. :)

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Hey. That netbook should not have ended that way. I usually don't watch auctions. I dump the bids, so yea, I was asleep. I intended to take it way past retail and it's my fault that I didn't automate enough. To be continued on new thread. :)

OK, new thread started under General Penny Auction Discussion. See you there.

Yoinkit
  • Yoinkit
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hey Guys,

Check out www.yoinkit. com. we are 100% honest and keep things fair for our customers. Absolutely No Robot bidding allowed!! real people competing for real products. We are also the only company that allows our customers to list new and used items and have their own penny auction and make money for themselves, we charge a commission fee and listings are Free! Sign up now and I will personally give you 5 FREE bids to start.

Thanks,

Paul.
www.yoinkit. com

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

OK, new thread started under General Penny Auction Discussion. See you there.

Wonder why or who. rhetorical comment.bulb Did you get the pre plus yet? Great apps, many are free!
Palm USA | Palm Pre Plus Phone | Features, Details

They have this 'synergy' feature. I just figured out how to use it. I use gmail but it syncs online acct data from different providers & sets up the same accts on the phone. Better than a blackberry.

Anyway, so much for this and than. *huh*

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Wonder why or who. rhetorical comment.bulb Did you get the pre plus yet? Great apps, many are free!
Palm USA | Palm Pre Plus Phone | Features, Details

They have this 'synergy' feature. I just figured out how to use it. I use gmail but it syncs online acct data from different providers & sets up the same accts on the phone. Better than a blackberry.

Anyway, so much for this and than. *huh*

Nope, did not get it yet, I have another week. I guess we will have to continue to be rude...I'll start another one that hopefully won't get killed.

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Things are getting interesting on the site...not sure why certain bidders would want to compete against other certain bidders. :saber:

LoanWoof
  • LoanWoof
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Things are getting interesting on the site...not sure why certain bidders would want to compete against other certain bidders. :saber:

I love how you speak so elliptically... Since I log most of the auction activity I'm always watching the ebb and flow at the site and there certainly are a lot of interesting moves going on amongst the bidders.

There sure seem to be a few grudges lingering as PBs lock horns but more interesting is the new visitors to the site that want to be PBs and are getting totally schooled by the old guard. There's at least one who's working morning to night but not quite achieving the headway they probably had hoped for. I must admit it's somewhat satisfying to see the interlopers regularly dropping thousands of bids but still losing out to the old school PBs. I've got to wonder where the profit / pain line lies for those folk...

I do find those user-to-user relationships interesting. User A will always trounce B so B yields quickly if they meet. B has beaten C pretty regularly so C avoids conflict with B. You'd think that when A meets C on the battlefield the outcome would be predictable but it's not unheard of for A to yield to C without putting up a fight. It's too complex for me to track those individual relationships but I sure get a feel for them over time and there are quite a few I wouldn't have expected.

It's all ebb and flow - as with any ecosystem there's always turbulence and always a natural flow towards equilibrium.

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Things are getting interesting on the site...not sure why certain bidders would want to compete against other certain bidders.

Understatement. Do you notice the cheap listings, the insane retail prices? I sense that the site is losing ground daily..... I always wondered why someone would compete against another that is known to take it past retail. Alot has to do with this: They feel they can make a name for themselves if they compete against another name. You talking about me....ce, right? That dude never wins, only buys retail.

Did you notice ba..in, nitro... and cbas... winning every $50 card for nothing? Did you know they are the same person?

I noticed something very strange lately. Bids are disappearing. It happens so often that I believe it's intentional. Do you ever keep track on your bids? I'm actually trying to upload screen images on youtube but everytime I try, it signs me out of my gmail and youtube. Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I love how you speak so elliptically... Since I log most of the auction activity I'm always watching the ebb and flow at the site and there certainly are a lot of interesting moves going on amongst the bidders.

There sure seem to be a few grudges lingering as PBs lock horns but more interesting is the new visitors to the site that want to be PBs and are getting totally schooled by the old guard. There's at least one who's working morning to night but not quite achieving the headway they probably had hoped for. I must admit it's somewhat satisfying to see the interlopers regularly dropping thousands of bids but still losing out to the old school PBs. I've got to wonder where the profit / pain line lies for those folk...

I do find those user-to-user relationships interesting. User A will always trounce B so B yields quickly if they meet. B has beaten C pretty regularly so C avoids conflict with B. You'd think that when A meets C on the battlefield the outcome would be predictable but it's not unheard of for A to yield to C without putting up a fight. It's too complex for me to track those individual relationships but I sure get a feel for them over time and there are quite a few I wouldn't have expected.

It's all ebb and flow - as with any ecosystem there's always turbulence and always a natural flow towards equilibrium.

You couldn't be more correct; philosophy 101. However, as you point out, philosophy 101 fails to take into consideration bidder psychology and its relation to game theory; breaking new ground here.

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Understatement. Do you notice the cheap listings, the insane retail prices? I sense that the site is losing ground daily..... I always wondered why someone would compete against another that is known to take it past retail. Alot has to do with this: They feel they can make a name for themselves if they compete against another name. You talking about me....ce, right? That dude never wins, only buys retail.

Did you notice ba..in, nitro... and cbas... winning every $50 card for nothing? Did you know they are the same person?

I noticed something very strange lately. Bids are disappearing. It happens so often that I believe it's intentional. Do you ever keep track on your bids? I'm actually trying to upload screen images on youtube but everytime I try, it signs me out of my gmail and youtube. Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm talking about the guy that wants to compete with you for the card. Yeah I was aware they are the same person. Yes I did notice the not so high end stuff, albeit there is more traffic; illogical. And yes I had several hundred bids disappear today and immediately emailed DD. I wish I can help you with the youtube stuff but never done it myself. By the way, good job on the credit packs...you rule!!:-34-:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I'm talking about the guy that wants to compete with you for the card. Yeah I was aware they are the same person. Yes I did notice the not so high end stuff, albeit there is more traffic; illogical. And yes I had several hundred bids disappear today and immediately emailed DD. I wish I can help you with the youtube stuff but never done it myself. By the way, good job on the credit packs...you rule!!:-34-:

Wait a sec, are multiple accounts even allowed...How'd you find this out?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users