• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

I understand paw. Sorry about that.

ap: hope you win that netbook soon. I'm starting to wonder about that guy. came from nowhere and takes pb's on, knowing in advance he's going to have to pay an overpriced retail. Actually, he only takes PB's on, no one else. questionable behavior. maybe he's just trying to give the 'perception' that he's a pb himself.

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I understand paw. Sorry about that.

ap: hope you win that netbook soon. I'm starting to wonder about that guy. came from nowhere and takes pb's on, knowing in advance he's going to have to pay an overpriced retail. Actually, he only takes PB's on, no one else. questionable behavior. maybe he's just trying to give the 'perception' that he's a pb himself.

Hey sharp, how's it going? been a while since i've been here...i ordered that phone, should get it in a couple of days. and you were absolutely right about that guy, good guess!! talk to you soon.

drummerboy
  • drummerboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Hey AP, I have never officially met or talked to you, but I have seen you many times, and think you are a classy bidder (PB at that).

Its drummerboy here, and I think I actually got my first PB lesson from you.....about a year ago. Anyway, thanks for the lesson.:15:

I think DD must have issued a BUNCH of free bids to members that have not used DD in a long time. There are TONS of people bidding, that I have never seen bid on DD. They are on EVERY FRIGGIN auction. "Jumping" around like little fleas.

Anyway, I was just was curious if you or any one else noticed the same thing?

Good luck tonight, fending off all the new fleas :13:

apbid
  • apbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Hey AP, I have never officially met or talked to you, but I have seen you many times, and think you are a classy bidder (PB at that).

Its drummerboy here, and I think I actually got my first PB lesson from you.....about a year ago. Anyway, thanks for the lesson.:15:

I think DD must have issued a BUNCH of free bids to members that have not used DD in a long time. There are TONS of people bidding, that I have never seen bid on DD. They are on EVERY FRIGGIN auction. "Jumping" around like little fleas.

Anyway, I was just was curious if you or any one else noticed the same thing?

Good luck tonight, fending off all the new fleas :13:

Hey buddy, how are you? I've see you on dd ofcourse also, but nice to really meet you. I hope that lesson you speak of was not too painful. I never really want to do that and hopefully it occurred in fair game. Bidding is fun, but losing money never is, be it entertainment shopping or not. I've seen you take it to the distance quite often, so personally I would't want to go against you.

But back to your question, I did notice all these new bidders also. Like you I also noticed that some have been members for quite some time. I've never seen them before but you might be right in that there is probably a marketing campaign with free bids. Let's see how long the fun continues :)

I've reached my limit so won't be bidding for the next few days. Good luck, may be worthwhile to sit this storm out. Best of luck, and thanks for the note.

ap

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Hey sharp, how's it going? been a while since i've been here...i ordered that phone, should get it in a couple of days. and you were absolutely right about that guy, good guess!! talk to you soon.

Hey AP. You'll love it but in the event that you don't, don't blame the messenger :) Take advantage of the mifi and apps. I never used to like the palm phones but s/o told me to never say never.

Hey Drummerboy.... We've bumped heads (not on this name) but you're style of bidding has changed since you first started and I like this way better. Good luck.

drummerboy
  • drummerboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Hey buddy, how are you? I've see you on dd ofcourse also, but nice to really meet you. I hope that lesson you speak of was not too painful. I never really want to do that and hopefully it occurred in fair game. Bidding is fun, but losing money never is, be it entertainment shopping or not. I've seen you take it to the distance quite often, so personally I would't want to go against you.

But back to your question, I did notice all these new bidders also. Like you I also noticed that some have been members for quite some time. I've never seen them before but you might be right in that there is probably a marketing campaign with free bids. Let's see how long the fun continues :)

I've reached my limit so won't be bidding for the next few days. Good luck, may be worthwhile to sit this storm out. Best of luck, and thanks for the note.

ap

Hey AP, that is a compliment coming from you.
It was bad, but it was my fault....certainly not yours. I had NO CLUE what I was doing. And I think I met you on a site, I no longer use (and certainly not because of my "lesson in PB's".

I wish I would have found or read some of the post's on PAW first....but I did it al backwards.
Oh well, as I said, it was a lesson I had to eventually learn.

On DD, my lesson game from some lady, that really likes doggy chocolate's ; ) - ($15 & change for an x-box) -
I thought for sure that I would win it, but NOOOOOOOO CHANCE!!!

THAT ONE HURT!!!

Anyway, thanks for responding and I think you hit the nail on the head about the marketing campaign, and I think most of them are already gone....again:party:
I do have a question for you AP.....did you ever bid on POSH? For some reason, I think that was were I first encountered you bidding power? If so, did you ever receive anything at all from them? Maybe not...maybe it was on for10cents? I dont know.....soooooooo many PA's......so little time, and certainly so little $ ;)

Anyway, thanks again for responding AP - good luck and trust me.... I am the one staying away. I'm not to your level yet. Hopefully, i'll get there eventually. I actually have a few sites that I am there, but certainly, not on DD.
See you around and most of all, good luck!!

drummerboy
  • drummerboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Hey AP. You'll love it but in the event that you don't, don't blame the messenger :) Take advantage of the mifi and apps. I never used to like the palm phones but s/o told me to never say never.

Hey Drummerboy.... We've bumped heads (not on this name) but you're style of bidding has changed since you first started and I like this way better. Good luck.

Thanks Sharp - I think that was a compliment. I'm just kidding, I know exactly what you are saying - I was a "jumping", newbie, that thought I could win everything, for a buck.
Sorry if I ever "jumped" on your auction.

Now, are you saying that you were under a different "name", or I was?
I understand that alot user, dont like to say what their user ID is. I just wasn't sure if it was you or me?

By the way, I had the PRE, up until last week. And now have the samsung epic galaxy. And you are 100% correct about the mobile apps. THEY ARE AWESOME! They have actually saved m a few times. Sevice died, right in the middle of a battle, and the internet on my phone save me.

Anywa, nice to meet you and I'm sure I will see you around soon.
GOOD LUCK on your bidding!!

gncplus4
  • gncplus4
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

gnc - I did receive some of my first wins on that site. There were all cards but I got them within the time frame their agreement indicates. Hopefully you get yours too.

Just rec'd my wins last week. Luckily in time for Christmas! How is the shipping going for you? You have more recent wins than I do.

drummerboy
  • drummerboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Hey Ap, just wanted to drop by and say HELLO - I have not seen you in quite some time, and of course I have to run into you today.
Just wanted you to know that I had been bidding on the auction, and didnt want you to think I was jumping on top of you.
I sat out for about 10 bids, while a whole bunch of new bidders joined in. If you check the bidding log (if you even care), you can see me bidding from the 2nd bid.

You know I totally respect you, and any auction you are on.

Anyway, I hope all is wonderful with you! And of course I hope that you are cleaning up on whichever site you are playing on now!

See you around....
drummerboy

justme
  • justme
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Laughing to myself. Just came across this thread and two of these people are some big jumpers. When the bid is very high is when you see them. That is if they are the same ones that bid at BC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users