Started by GiftCardsForAPenny , Aug 18 2010 08:12 PM

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

kimbers
  • kimbers
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

i use your strategy. i watch it all the time and wait for people to bid so i can jump in when it gets close to the reserve. The problem is i painted my house three times and watched it dry before i could find an auction even get to .10.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

i use your strategy. i watch it all the time and wait for people to bid so i can jump in when it gets close to the reserve. The problem is i painted my house three times and watched it dry before i could find an auction even get to .10.

We understand that's less than ideal. However, we are going through a growth process and adding new members on a consistent basis. As our user base grows, you will see the auctions becoming more competitive and reaching the reserves.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

now i dont have to go out i can hop omline and see a real live goost town lol

SharpBidder
  • SharpBidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

WINNER ALERT! WINNER ALERT!

Congrats to user 'elaines' from CA for winning a Visa Gift Card for only $0.62! WINNER ALERT! WINNER ALERT!

LOL kimbers.

MESSAGE ALERT FOR GIFTCARDSFORAPENNY!

I do wish you lots of luck but let's get real. I don't know of anyone that's involved in PA bidding that wants to sit around for hours to hit a reserve to maybe be the one winner for the day. A winner of a $25 or $50 card at that. You're turning potential bidders away before you're even off the ground. Your 'winner alert' banner is silly. Although I'll be glad to participate once I see action. Good luck

MESSAGE ALERT FOR GIFTCARDSFORAPENNY!

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

now i dont have to go out i can hop omline and see a real live goost town lol

Mike - I couldn't help but notice that the two threads that you have started on PAW both relate to you being ripped off by other penny auction sites. I'm sure that's not an enjoyable experience for you, yet you consistently bash us, the ONE site that is actually providing an above-board experience.

• You requested a refund and it was issued and your account closed in a timely manner, all within 24 hours
  • All of our winners have been paid out and all packages sent USPS Priority Mail for quickest delivery. If an auction closes before noon, the package is sent out the SAME day.
  • We provide more gift card auctions than anyone else along with a positive user experience

I hope you'll reconsider your stance and enjoy our honest auctions and wonderful web site.

y2p731
  • y2p731
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

JUST FOR OUR FRIENDS AT PAW!
I wanted to post a "sneak peek" for all of our friends at PAW to look at the NO RESERVE auctions that we will be having on Friday, Oct. 22, 2010. Here are the links:

Ending at 9AM Pacific Time: Visa Gift Card With NO RESERVE!

Ending at 12PM Pacific Time: MasterCard Gift Card With NO RESERVE!

Ending at 3PM Pacific Time: AMEX Gift Card With NO RESERVE!

Ending at 6PM Pacific Time: AMEX Gift Card With NO RESERVE!

I'll see you at six. I think this method will work from time to time.
Mixed Martial Arts + Poker + Penny Auctions = AWESOME!!!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

i called out 2sites that i seen bs going on and thats what this is here for to let players no whats bs and good and i also posted good reviews about sites that are stand up its going on thre months you ben around you sold six cards in three months and i did let everybody no i asked for my money back and you did hats off to your site i liked your site just didnt like the reserve now you change the reserve ya i will check it out to keep the powre bidders away you have a 25 dollar card you can use 25 dollars in bids 50 same 100 same level the game and makes the power bidders limp lol

NinjaBids
  • NinjaBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I just joined this giftcard site but I don't see my free bids for registering...

Also, I don't see any profile area and when I log in, the menu still shows the "log in " and "register" links!

So, not sure this is working the way it is supposed to...

Dave

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

I'll see you at six. I think this method will work from time to time.

Thanks! We appreciate support from members like you and all our friends at PAW!

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Congrats to user 'Letsroll1980' for winning a Visa Gift Card for only $3.26!

This is our first winner on NO RESERVE Friday and there's 3 more auctions today! Come by and visit us.

NinjaBids
  • NinjaBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I'm having a hard time understanding something...

Why do you feel like you need reserves on your auctions?

I've been following a $50 gift card (no reserve) for a while now and the last time I checked, the bid was up to $2.15.

Now, if my calculations are correct, after paypal fees, you are still earning at the least $.41 per bid.

So, since you start at .01, assuming there are not bots/shill bidders/scripts running it up, you have made a minimum of $88.15 on this one auction.

That's a profit of $38.15 and it's still going.

So if your not fixing it, why the need for reserves? obviously no-one is bidding on the reserve items but your making good money on the others.

If your not using bots/shills/scripts to up the price then I would recommend getting rid of your reserves. I think you will make much more money.

Dave

PS. it's up $.50 more cents now so tack on another $20.50 to your earnings! So you've already doubled your cost.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

So if your not fixing it, why the need for reserves? obviously no-one is bidding on the reserve items but your making good money on the others.

If your not using bots/shills/scripts to up the price then I would recommend getting rid of your reserves. I think you will make much more money.

Dave - thanks for your question. We are getting a great response to our No Reserve Friday, so it's something that we'll look at again in the future. But to better answer your question: our pledge to never use bots or shill bidders can create a bit of exposure for us since having 24/7/365 traffic to a web site is not as easy as it seems. It's that very same problem that causes other sites to use shill bidders or bots. If we used bots, we could sleep soundly at night knowing that a 3AM auction will end just fine. We choose to take an above-board approach and not use bots and provide everyone with a positive and fair experience. As our user base grows, we envision a time when we won't need reserves at all.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Congrats to user 'hollyeva' for winning a Mastercard Gift Card for only $3.61! There's still 2 more auctions for you to win on No Reserve Friday!

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

A repeat winner!

Congrats to user 'hollyeva' for winning a AMEX Gift Card for only $0.36! There's still 1 more auction for you to bid on No Reserve Friday!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

you no i came home and everything is over that wasnt to smart having them go off so early in the dayand looks like your no reserve you made some money you should think about it and if your going to run late at night or off hours put up small amount cards so you dont take a bad hit if your a stand up site you will get the players on there and do just finebulb

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

you no i came home and everything is over

On the contrary, we have one more auction ending tonight at 6PM Pacific. Here's the link: Gift Cards For A Penny - AMEX Gift card with NO RESERVE

NinjaBids
  • NinjaBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Dave - thanks for your question. We are getting a great response to our No Reserve Friday, so it's something that we'll look at again in the future. But to better answer your question: our pledge to never use bots or shill bidders can create a bit of exposure for us since having 24/7/365 traffic to a web site is not as easy as it seems. It's that very same problem that causes other sites to use shill bidders or bots. If we used bots, we could sleep soundly at night knowing that a 3AM auction will end just fine. We choose to take an above-board approach and not use bots and provide everyone with a positive and fair experience. As our user base grows, we envision a time when we won't need reserves at all.

True, however, sometimes you don't have to start 24/7/365. If you are quality, you will get the users. You don't have to hit a home run out of the gates! :) I would rather go to a site that had just a few items but I could trust than go to one that uses reserves that aren't being met. Just my 2 cents of course.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

We Are Doing It All Over Again!!!

We had such a great reply from all of our friends at PAW, that we decided to run our No Reserve Friday promotion again this coming Friday, Dec 3, 2010. We will have no reserve auction ending at 9AM, 12PM, 3PM and 6PM Pacific Time. Check out our home page to see our no reserve auctions at Gift Cards For A Penny -- penny auctions for gift cards

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Our NO RESERVE gift cards are now visible on our home page at: Gift Cards For A Penny -- penny auctions for gift cards

Don't miss our NO RESERVE Friday promotion on Dec. 3, 2010. We have no reserve auctions ending at 9AM, 12PM, 3PM and 6PM Pacific Time.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

IT'S TODAY! IT'S TODAY!

Today, Friday, Dec 3 is our No Reserve Friday promotion. This means that we will be offering a gift card with NO RESERVE at 9AM, 12PM, 3PM and 6PM Pacific time. So, even if you're at work you'll still be able to get in on the bidding! Check out our No Reserve auctions on our home page at Gift Cards For A Penny -- penny auctions for gift cards

IT'S TODAY! IT'S TODAY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users