• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

WINNER ALERT! WINNER ALERT!

Congratulations to user 'bubbablue' who just won an Amazon $50 gift card for only $3.18!

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Congratulations to user 'grayle' who just won a Target $50 gift card for only $2.08!

biddingbyte
  • biddingbyte
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

This is the worst site design I have ever seen. I was looking at the $50 homedepot card auction which was a no reserve one and just below that they have a text

"Don't want to wait for the auction close? Use our Buy It Now feature and buy your gift card! Buy your gift card today!"

This will give you impression that you can do Buy It now.Upon clicking that it will take to giftcardrescue.com site which is a site similar to plasticjungle.com which has no relation with the auction you are bidding .
Also I am trying hard to see where are the ended auctions.Its all clumsy.Will stay away and keep rest to my eyes.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Congratulations to user 'dracula' who just won a Home Depot $50 gift card for only $2.96!

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

"TheBidder" sorry but you need to quit being so negative and demanding towards other people. Sheez, so much criticism.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

This is the worst site design I have ever seen. I was looking at the $50 homedepot card auction which was a no reserve one and just below that they have a text

"Don't want to wait for the auction close? Use our Buy It Now feature and buy your gift card! Buy your gift card today!"

This will give you impression that you can do Buy It now.Upon clicking that it will take to giftcardrescue.com site which is a site similar to plasticjungle.com which has no relation with the auction you are bidding .
Also I am trying hard to see where are the ended auctions.Its all clumsy.Will stay away and keep rest to my eyes.

We have formed an alliance with Gift Card Rescue for our users that are looking for gift cards on a quicker basis. It's a program that we've received a lot of positive feedback on.

As for the closed auctions, these are clearly listed on our home page, under the "Recent Winners" section. You can also see the "Winner Alerts" here, just for for our friends at PAW. In fact, we just posted a winner alert where a $50 Home Depot gift card was won for only $2.96!

biddingbyte
  • biddingbyte
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I am not criticizing giftcardrescue.com and may be someday I will buy some discounted card from there as I am a frequent user of plasticjungle.com. But the way you put this information on the auction page is misleading.Also please remember that
Only $2.96 means 296 bids and that has a big value.
Do you charge shipping fee as I am not able to see those.If you charge shipping fee that should be mentioned in the auction page as well.Also the recent winner section list only 6 auction. Is there anyway we can see more? Bidding history is missing as well.I am not seeing a single entry.Usually we saw last 10-20 entry.

Please note that I am putting the expectation here from bidder community and hope you will take that in a constructive way.All the best.

Edited by biddingbyte, 04 December 2010 - 12:39 AM.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Do you charge shipping fee as I am not able to see those.If you charge shipping fee that should be mentioned in the auction page as well.Also the recent winner section list only 6 auction. Is there anyway we can see more?

We charge the prevailing USPS rate for Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and Signature Required. We do not make any money on shipping and there are no handling or service fees of any kind. If you look for the rates on the USPS web site, that is exactly what you will be charged. This is another feature we have received high marks for.

Right now we list the most recent 6 winners and it's a section that we will be expanding in the future.

If you read our threads and philosophy, our main goal is to provide an above board experience to all users. We do not use shill bidders or bots of any kind, never have, never will. We are the one site that is trying to run legitimate auctions and we appreciate your support.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I just won an auction, and I am wondering as to where I go to pay for the auction? I can't find it anywhere. It was for $0.86 cents. Also do I have to pay for shipping? Do I just go to my paypal and send your email a paypal payment of $0.86 cents. I am confused

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

I just won an auction, and I am wondering as to where I go to pay for the auction? I can't find it anywhere. It was for $0.86 cents. Also do I have to pay for shipping? Do I just go to my paypal and send your email a paypal payment of $0.86 cents. I am confused

I haven't verified your claim, but if you are indeed the winner you will receive notice within 10 minutes of the auction close.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Well, I just received an email for me to pay, but it says I have to pay $6.95 for shipping, I thought you could just email the gift card code through email instead of ship? And on the first post of the thread you said free shipping? Just wondering, but really great site, definitely worth buying bids. Will be doing so.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Well, I just received an email for me to pay, but it says I have to pay $6.95 for shipping, I thought you could just email the gift card code through email instead of ship? And on the first post of the thread you said free shipping? Just wondering, but really great site, definitely worth buying bids. Will be doing so.

The shipping policies have changed since we opened based on user feedback. The user consensus is that the shipping was making the reserve prices too high. So most users chose to pay shipping (after a win) as opposed to paying it during the reserve (before a win).

We are currently unable to provide codes via e-mail. This is a feature that will be added in the near future.

We appreciate the kind words and your continued support.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I just think it would have been so much easier to go to amazon.com and click gift cards and then email to my email the amount. Saves on shipping. I paid for the won auction. I am still wondering even though I paid for shipping could you possible still sent it through email, or would you have to ship it out? Thanks

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

I just think it would have been so much easier to go to amazon.com and click gift cards and then email to my email the amount. Saves on shipping. I paid for the won auction. I am still wondering even though I paid for shipping could you possible still sent it through email, or would you have to ship it out? Thanks

We only ship cards and use the USPS Signature Required service.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Alright then, well I guess we will go with that, it would be nice although to see e-mail delivery be possible sometime in the future? Let me know when it ships out. Thanks!

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Congratulations to user 'IWILLWIN' who just won an Amazon $25 gift card for only $0.86 - that's only 86 cents!!!

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Congratulations to user 'lmk100' who just won a Best Buy $50 gift card for only $3.04

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I'll let you guys know when I receive my first win.

GiftCardsForAPenny
  • GiftCardsForAPenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

AN EXCLUSIVE FOR OUR FRIENDS AT PAW!

Our friends at PAW have been so good to us that we've decided to make the following announcement here first:

Wal Mart gift cards are coming to Gift Cards For A Penny -- penny auctions for gift cards!

We've had many user requests for Wal Mart gift cards and we have now added them to our penny auctions. In fact, this Friday we're having our "Welcome Wal Mart!" Promotion that will offer FOUR Wal Mart gift cards with NO RESERVE. In fact, we'll be offering a gift card with NO RESERVE EVERY HOUR on Friday, Dec. 10, 2010!

AN EXCLUSIVE FOR OUR FRIENDS AT PAW!

jewiley
  • jewiley
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Anyone else having trouble seeing "Bid Now" buttons? I would like to bid but can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users