• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

We have posted the results of our September 1st Beta test in the other PAW thread in this category for those who are interested. We have made the business decision that the PennyAuctionSoft must be scrapped and replaced by a better and more expensive script since there were so MANY bugs in the 9/1 Beta test. It did not make sense to try to repair this script since it is simply inferior and will not stand up to the volume we anticipate after our advertising. We are now in emergency mode since we must have a brand new script up, tested, and running by the 23rd of September. Therefore we have tentatively scheduled the next beta test for one week before on 9/16. This date is subject to change and none of the items you presently see up at our site will be up on the 16th of September. The site itself will be new but as close to the same template as possible to make the transition seemless. We are not sure what we will give away yet. However we will definitely give away some prizes. There will probably be only 5 or 6 auctions for this beta test. Closely timed to one another. There will also probably be a 24 hour period where the old site is down before the new site is up. We are not asking people to sign up yet for this beta test. However if you definitely wish to participate and want to reserve a spot, please email us from the contact page on our website. This will not be a wide open beta test and we will close it with 40 and at the very most 50 people. Bid packs will not be available for this test. You will be able to verify by Friday of next week, that we are very real and have mailed everyone their Beta test wins from 9/1/10 - We also toying with the idea of giving away one iPod an hour in totally FREE AUCTIONS the 23rd,24,25, and 26th of September for a total of 96 iPods. We are yet to make a definite decision. however there will be incentives of some sort opening weekend over and beyond the free bids all our beta testers from 9/01 will receive. This would concide with all our national TV advertising on the GAME SHOW NETWORK and chances are you will see our national advertising that weekend, if you tune in, since we are running 36 thirty second commercials that weekend over the GSN network. If the next beta test fails we will have to delay our launch date until the following Thursday of 9/30 and re route our advertising campaigns which is very difficult to do at this point. So the success of the next beta test is crucial and please only express interest if you intend to definitely show up for it. Thanks. Please feel free to list any comments you have in this thread. We read it everyday and consider PAW a very valuable watchdog in the penny auction community.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 21 September 2010 - 06:15 AM.
mixup on script names, fixed.

efz88
  • efz88
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What script are you replacing the PennyAuctionScript with? I do agree with Icedragon from the other thread that your server does have a big impact on performance.

Also as I was unable to participate on the first I can make up for that on the 16th.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It's great that you're doing these beta tests & awarding users with real prizes! Let us know when you launch & what you decide to give away during your grand opening.
Thanks!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Our dedicated servers that we have in place can handle over 10TB in bandwith, is quad core and has 8GIG of RAM. It can easily handle over 20,000 simultaneous users. We have contracted an American company, located close to us in Florida, to basically redo our script from scratch and I am not sure of what base script they are using, if any at all, but you get what you pay for to a great degree, and we will be going for thousands of dollars before they are finished. The important factor for us is that they have several engineers on staff and are less the 30 minutes away from us by car so that we do not have to depend on pretty worthless "ON LINE CHAT SUPPORT" or a phone number that is never answered. We can physically go there, discuss our needs and changes (when necessary) and have that one to one, face to face, relationship that is very hard to find in this business. We needed a company that will guarantee their work and understand the importance of NO DOWN TIME. To do this properly you need you script installed on TWO separate dedicated servers with back ups being done every day so that you are always up and operational. There aren't too many American companies that can offer this type of service and 95% of the stuff out there is from India. We are American and want to deal with an American company preferably. We encourage anyone getting into the Penny auction business to find that PHP engineering firm that is established and located close to their residence to assist them. Even if that company has no prior penny auction script background, if they are true Senior programmers and engineers they can perform well for you. You can not do this properly on a shoe string budget you need some real money behind you, to even think about getting into this business in our opinion. As we have found out the cheap scripts for sale just don't cut it.
Better to have a customized script done such as a Quibids or Swoopo has.

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Just saw you on TV last night with Al Sunshine on the local news. We are pretty impressed with your site here and would love to get together with you in person some time if you are also in South Florida. We are about to truly make penny auctions exciting with little risk involved by using "redemptions" located at Redemption-Illustrated
and we love your feedback on it!

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

We are American and want to deal with an American company preferably.

In addition to all of the other very important things you have said in the above post, as well as your very professional approach to your business, I HIGHLY applaud you for putting money back into the US economy by insisting on doing business with American firms!

BIG KUDOS TO YOU!

Edited by Money2Burn, 06 September 2010 - 09:40 PM.

~ HATERS MAKE ME FAMOUS SO KEEP TALKING
~ If it wasn't for what **I** had to say, **YOU** would have nothing interesting to say at all.
~ Wonders how many people sit salivating and waiting for me to type something?
~ If a mod types in an silent forum, does anyone hear it?
~ M2B: Giving the cackling hens something to cackle about since 2009.
:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I will come to this beta test as i did the 1st and hopefully win something this time. I was so close to winning the 1st visa giftcard on the 1st!

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Thanks Money2Burn.

Startover4 and eta88 drop us an email using the contact button on our site if you want to beta test. We are collecting the emails and will notify everyone via return email when we are ready to go forward.

Thanks

SPIKEUMS
  • SPIKEUMS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Hello there I would love to test out this site! Looks awesome and I can assure you I will be a bidiot on this site when it opens! would love to join the test! Please include me!:lurk5:

y2p731
  • y2p731
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Hi,

I just submitted my e-mail for the Beta Test. I was wondering if you guys received it. Thanks.

y2p.

chocmartini
  • chocmartini
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I recieved my IPOD touch today. Thank You Vacation4pennies. Dont know if I can beta test again since I won on the first one but I am willing to If you need me . Thank you again.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I should have mentioned this days ago - on Saturday, just a few short days after the auctions closed from the first Beta test - I received my won item.

There was a slight issue with it, and the people at this site are handling the problem extremely well.

They have proven themselves to be a reputable business, and I look forward to their opening!

~ If it wasn't for what **I** had to say, **YOU** would have nothing interesting to say at all.

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

My cuzin received his phone now,

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Hi,
We glad your cousin likes his new wi-fi cell phone that he won in our last beta test. He emailed me and volunteered to do a video testimonial for us which we graciously accepted but we have not heard back from him since our last email. Please tell him to keep the You Tube testimonial short, like maybe just 10-15 seconds long. All we need is the link mailed to us when its done.
We also received your requests to be in the next beta test and we will be emailing everyone an update that has submitted a written request to participate shortly.Tell your cousin we said thank you. The testimonials are very important to us since we are just launching. We probably will only have them up until a little after 9/23 when we go live. Thanks

softmedia.biz
  • softmedia.biz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewComer Posted Image
We are American and want to deal with an American company preferably.

Dear colleague NewComer,

Hello from Europe. I apologize for the critical tone, but I do not understand the following:

• Why are you buying one cheap Indian software after another?
  • Why you invested in the software 1-2% of a project budget only?
  • Is it realistic to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars with software, which costs 700-1200 dollars? (With such software you will lose all money on servers, in case if it will work. But it doesn't).
At your website you are having now so-called "Telebid clone" script, which is the worse Indian trash, what is in Internet. Even if your American partner will build something from zero, it will work correctly after 6-8 month of work, because of many-many technical problems with penny auction software. It is ten times more complex, than e-shop or other internet software. It is only few software companies, who have enough experience in this, no one in US (I am talking about them, who sell the software). You should think what to do and not declare about 20,000 simultaneous users.
Your front page now has a total of 47 components and a total weight of 925.9K bytes. It means, that for serving 20,000 customers your server need internet channel speed 160 Gb/sec. Sorry, Internet haven't such speed nowhere, only Internet 2 research project (in USA) try to reach 100 Gb/s. And surely, your present software can serve max. 30-50 users, not 20,000 (yes, yes).
Once again, you should totally rethink your approach to the software.

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I have thoroughly read and then re-read your posting.
First off - While it is true we purchased telebid clone software that is India based, we were DELIBERATELY misled into believing that the company was based in Toronto, Canada. We had no idea that when we purchased from PennyAuctionSoft they were selling TelebidAutionscript.. That being said, I am American, and believe in buying American. If that makes me guilty of a "hate" crime or "prejudicial" in anyway, then I plead "Guilty as charged"
You claim you are from Europe. However just reading your post I could see there would be an enormous problem just communicating with you. The use of the English language in your posting is full of grammatical errors. How could I possibly consider working with a company where we would have such a large lanquage barrier? I have looked at your software and I do not know of an American company using it. I do know that an Argentina company uses it at Deacentavos - La Subasta IncreĆ­ble and I have to tell you, with no disrespect intended, that I think that site leaves a lot to be desired and I am not too impressed with it at all.

We are fully aware that our PRESENT site which is PennyAuctionScript will not handle any kind of load and our front page which "has a total of 47 components and a total weight of 925.9K bytes" is the product we are replacing and not the new software. I do not believe for one second, that any European company is going to out design its equivalent in the United States. There is no silicon valley in Europe. Last time I checked every major .dot com like Google, eBay, etc. came from there, not Europe.
In short I just simply disagree with all of your conclusions and statements.

Think American
Be American
Buy American

Edited by NewComer, 12 September 2010 - 12:09 AM.

softmedia.biz
  • softmedia.biz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you for the response.

Despite the fact that penny auctions as idea, Swoopo, Bidrivals, Skype and Nokia are from Europe, the aim of our posting was not to organize competition.

The aim of the posting was also not to convince you to buy from us, if you don't want, despite the fact that you can find at least 2 satisfied penny auction owners from USA in our portfolio (Bidbreezy and Trickybid).

We would like to help you avoid stepping on rakes third time. Because each next time you'll lose more money. It was just friendly advice and we have them more, if anybody will ask.

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Thank you for the generous offer. If you have recommendations to people who use this forum about the dangers of scripts from India and the advantages of using yours or the assistance you can offer you should post them. However don't post them in this thread in the forum, since beta-testers are reading this area which aren't the people you need to reach. There are several threads that deal with script talk and you that would be the best place for you to participate. Thanks again.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I personally would NEVER do business with a company like this one from Europe, whose sales and marketing techniques include coming into a public forum, and making under-handed derogatory statements about a potential customer in an effort to drum up business for themselves.

Especially a company that comes into a forum like this TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC, and trying to engage in a Europe VS. US penny auction world cup.

They could have the best script available in the industry, but their business tactics leave a LOT to be desired and truly show the low-class mentality behind their product offerings.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Just saw you on TV last night with Al Sunshine on the local news. We are pretty impressed with your site here and would love to get together with you in person some time if you are also in South Florida. We are about to truly make penny auctions exciting with little risk involved by using "redemptions" located at Redemption-Illustrated
and we love your feedback on it!

That's great, thank you! I sent you an e-mail but it came back undeliverable. Feel free to contact me with more info!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users