• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

hans007
  • hans007
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

My name is Hans, I am a web designer.

I have worked on a website for a client in the past 2 months which was using the PennyAuctionSoft.com script for his website.

Based on my clients experiance with that company and my experiance with the script I have decided to investigate the company to determine it's ligitability.

In the following report I will outline the steps I undertook to determine that PAS (PennyAuctionSoft.com) is a Indian company masking as a Canadian company and ripping people off with a extremely poor quality product.

1. The Company:
a) Their Address: On the PAS site they display their address as being at 720 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario in Canada. However they do not specify which number or which floor. The building at 720 King Street is a 20 floor building which offices for large companies. Virgin Mobile and Workopolis.com have their offices in that building. I decided to investigate this further. I called CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) which is the company managing the leases for that building. For those of you who don't know, CBRE is one of the biggest commercial reator companies in the world. I called the local CBRE office in Toronto and spoke to the manager handling the 720 King Street building. He confirmed with me that there was no such company called Penny Auction Soft which had a office in that building. I proceeded to call the 2nd company which handles leases in that building and the lady who I spoke to also confirmed that no company with that name had offices at 720 King Street. She did mention that it could be possible that they had a mailing address with The UPS Store which has a location in that building. So I called up the UPS Store at 720 King Street West and they also confirmed that PAS does not have a mailbox with them.

B) Their Phone Number: My client always had a lot of trouble trying to reach them on the phone. When you call their toll-free number is it a automated attendant which answers, but not a regular one you usually hear when you call a company, it is a voice recording but with a robot. It was using a text-to-voice converter. This is highly unusual and most unprofessional. Only someone trying to conceal their voice (accent) would do this.

c) Their Wesite & WHOIS Search: I then proceeded to do a WHOIS search on the domain name, Pennyauctionsoft - Buy the best Penny Auction software, Swoopo clone today. Upon doing the WHOIS is showed me that the domain was registered with "DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.". Now to some people that may not mean anything but if you look closely at the company extension (PVT. LTD.) this is a Indian company. Only companies registered in India use the PVT. LTD extension. You can verify this by doing a Google search.

Now at this point alarm bells are ringing. Why would a Canadian based company, use an address which doesn't seem to have them listed, use a robot voice automated attendant phone system and register a domain name with a India based company? It would NEVER happen and if it did then there is cause for concern. How do I know this? Because I am Canadian and I know Canadians.

2. The Script:
The PAS script itself may look nice and functional once you first get it but once you start using it LOT's and LOT's of bugs appear. PAS does advertise that it is a clone, however it is not a working copy of a clone. Once you have a good amount of traffic on the site the script will expereince major issues. From our research (my client and I) we have not found one working copy of the PAS script. Meaning one operational working website which is actively selling products online through their site. There were so many bugs that I cannot list them all here. However one of the major ones was the timers. We had to get a expert PHP programmer to create a fix for this. In the end my client purchased another script because to take the time to fix the current bugs would cost more than buying a new one. Hoeever that is still to determine if the 2nd one he purchased is good quality as well. When navigating the PAS script site you will notice broken links or links to Swoopo.com??????? From what we determined, the people at PAS simply purchased a copy of a penny auction script and dropped their logo, created a new design and entered in different text and then package it up and sold it. No actual work or fixing was ever done on the script itself. So it's a knockoff of a knockoff. Basically to sum it all up, when you purchase the PAS script it's like buying a brand new Mercedes but when you get in and drive it you discover it's actually a old-beat up Hyundai with a bad engine.

3. The PAMA Seal:
This is quite funny in a sad sort of way. If you go to the PAS site, Pennyauctionsoft - Buy the best Penny Auction software, Swoopo clone today, you will see on the bottom right hand corner a yellow and blue seal certifying that PAS is 'PAMA Certified. PAMA stands for 'Penny Auction Merchants Association'.

Now just for the fun of it, go to the PAMA website, Penny Auction Merchants Association - Know who to trust, where to bid and save

I am going to go page by page and point out some things for you. Once that is done I will give you my opinion and then you can see for yourself.

a) Home page: In the proud members area at the bottom only two websites are actually members of PAMA. One which is PAS and the other is PennyAuctionListings.com. I did a WHOIS search on PennyAuctionListings.com and guess what? It's registered with the same India based company that PAS is registered with. Don't take my work for it, do a whois search yourself.

B) About Us page: Under 'Success Stories' on the right hand side, there are two success stories, but they are fake. Look at the text, it is latin gibberish. This is the text design template creators use to fill in the text on a web template. Would a reputable Association forget to change this on their site? Absolutely not.

c) Forum page: There are no threads, no one has posted anything.

d) Contact Us page: They state two address, one in WA and another in Vancouver, BC. I called their toll-free number and I get the same robot activated automated attendant system. What a coincidence!

e) WHOIS Search: Now here is the really interesting part. I did a WHOIS search on Penny Auction Merchants Association - Know who to trust, where to bid and save. Guess what?! It is the same company that PAS is registered with (DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD).

4. Member "Buybidz" on PennyAuctionWatch.com:
I have been on the PAW forums and read many threads. I remember seeing the moderator make a comment about how the member 'BuyBidz' had the same IP address as that of PAS. If you read carefully you will see BuyBidz is the ONLY member which gives very positive comments about the PAS script. Has anyone seen the BuyBidz.com website? Nor have I. If you go to www.buybiz.com coming soon! you don't get a penny auction site but a domain parking page. I have been in online business for over 10 years and I have seen this type of thing MANY, MANY times. People go online and posty positive comments about their own product or service. My conclusion is simple, BUYBIDZ is the same guy (or a friend) of PAS. No question about it.

5. My Motives:
If anyone is questioning my motives or reputation I ask you simply to do the research on your own and come to your own conclusions. I do not sell penny auction software, I am not a competitor and I don't have a grudge against PAS. However, I have been screwed many times in the past and I have always taken action against the people who did. That is the law of business, eat or be eaten. I do not like to see others get screwed and if I can help someone avoid that, then i'll help. My motives in doing this investigation and posting this thread are simple: 1) Because my client said I should post my findings and 2) I though i'd save someone else the grief of dealing with PAS. Now, if anybody requires my services in un-installing the PAS script or doing research on another penny auction software company I will charge for that. Business is business and if you hire my time, I will have to charge. I have to earn a living also. If you require my assiatance have someone who is a member of this forum and can vouch for me. I will not display my email address here on this thread but you can PM me and I will respond.

My Conclusion: After I did all that research it was quite clear to me what PAS is a scam. It is a India based company or individual masking as a Canadian company ripping people off with a poor quality product and lying about their location, their affiliations and their own reputation.You can do your own research and come to your own conclusions but I think it's pretty clear.

If you have not bought a script from PAS - DO NOT BUY IT if you value your hard earned money.

If you have already purchased a PAS script here is what I recomment you do (this is a recommendation only, you can make your own decisions)

1) Initiate a chargeback with your bank/credit card company or ask for a refund from PAS (i doubt they will honor it). In brief GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
2) If you have it installed on your server, un-install it. I have discovered back doors in their script and they can infect your server with Malware. Once un-installed ask your hosting company to do a Malware scan on your server and scan your computer using your Antivirus software.
3) Before purchasing any new penny auction software do your research or contact me and I can offer that service. (send me a PM)
4) SPREAD THE WORD, tell anyone you know who has purchased their software or is thinking about it, NOT TO BUY IT!

My name is Hans, I am a web designer.

I have worked on a website for a client in the past 2 months which was using the PennyAuctionSoft.com script for his website.

Based on my clients experience with that company and my experience with the script I have decided to investigate the company to determine if it is legitimate.

In the following report I will outline the steps I undertook to determine that PAS (PennyAuctionSoft.com) is an Indian company masking as a Canadian company and ripping people off with an extremely poor quality product.

1. The Company:
a) Their Address: On the PAS site they display their address as being at 720 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario in Canada. However they do not specify which number or which floor. The building at 720 King Street is a 20 floor building which offices for large companies. Virgin Mobile and Workopolis.com have their offices in that building. I decided to investigate this further. I called CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) which is the company managing the leases for that building. For those of you who don't know, CBRE is one of the biggest commercial realtor companies in the world. I called the local CBRE office in Toronto and spoke to the manager handling the 720 King Street building. He confirmed with me that there was no such company called Penny Auction Soft which had an office in that building. I proceeded to call the 2nd company which handles leases in that building and the lady who I spoke to also confirmed that no company with that name had offices at 720 King Street. She did mention that it could be possible that they had a mailing address with The UPS Store which has a location in that building. So I called up the UPS Store at 720 King Street West and they also confirmed that PAS does not have a mailbox with them.

B) Their Phone Number: My client always had a lot of trouble trying to reach them on the phone. When you call their toll-free number is it an automated attendant which answers, but not a regular one you usually hear when you call a company, it is a voice recording but with a robot. It was using a text-to-voice converter. This is highly unusual and most unprofessional. Only someone trying to conceal their voice (accent) would do this.

c) Their Website & WHOIS Search: I then proceeded to do a WHOIS search on the domain name, Pennyauctionsoft - Buy the best Penny Auction software, Swoopo clone today. Upon doing the WHOIS is showed me that the domain was registered with "DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.". Now to some people that may not mean anything but if you look closely at the company extension (PVT. LTD.) this is an Indian company. Only companies registered in India use the PVT. LTD extension. You can verify this by doing a Google search.

Now at this point alarm bells are ringing. Why would a Canadian based company, use an address which doesn't seem to have them listed, use a robot voice automated attendant phone system and register a domain name with a India based company? It would NEVER happen and if it did then there is cause for concern. How do I know this? Because I am Canadian and I know Canadians.

2. The Script:
The PAS script itself may look nice and functional once you first get it but once you start using it LOT's and LOT's of bugs appear. PAS does advertise that it is a clone, however it is not a working copy of a clone. Once you have a good amount of traffic on the site the script will experience major issues. From our research (my client and I) we have not found one working copy of the PAS script. Meaning one operational working website which is actively selling products online through their site. There were so many bugs that I cannot list them all here. However one of the major ones was the timers. We had to get an expert PHP programmer to create a fix for this. In the end my client purchased another script because to take the time to fix the current bugs would cost more than buying a new one. However that is still to determine if the 2nd one he purchased is good quality as well. When navigating the PAS script site you will notice broken links or links to Swoopo.com??????? From what we determined, the people at PAS simply purchased a copy of a penny auction script and dropped their logo, created a new design and entered in different text and then package it up and sold it. No actual work or fixing was ever done on the script itself. So it's a knockoff of a knockoff. Basically to sum it all up, when you purchase the PAS script it's like buying a brand new Mercedes but when you get in and drive it you discover it's actually an old-beat up Hyundai with a bad engine.

3. The PAMA Seal:
This is quite funny in a sad sort of way. If you go to the PAS site, Pennyauctionsoft - Buy the best Penny Auction software, Swoopo clone today, you will see on the bottom right hand corner a yellow and blue seal certifying that PAS is 'PAMA Certified. PAMA stands for 'Penny Auction Merchants Association'.

Now just for the fun of it, go to the PAMA website, Penny Auction Merchants Association - Know who to trust, where to bid and save

I am going to go page by page and point out some things for you. Once that is done I will give you my opinion and then you can see for yourself.

a) Home page: In the proud members area at the bottom only two websites are actually members of PAMA. One which is PAS and the other is PennyAuctionListings.com. I did a WHOIS search on PennyAuctionListings.com and guess what? It's registered with the same India based company that PAS is registered with. Don't take my work for it, do a WHOIS search you.

B) About Us page: Under 'Success Stories' on the right hand side, there are two success stories, but they are fake. Look at the text, it is Latin gibberish. This is the text design template creators use to fill in the text on a web template. Would a reputable Association forget to change this on their site? Absolutely not.

c) Forum page: There are no threads, no one has posted anything.

d) Contact Us page: They state two addresses, one in WA and another in Vancouver, BC. I called their toll-free number and I get the same robot activated automated attendant system. What a coincidence!

e) WHOIS Search: Now here is the really interesting part. I did a WHOIS search on Penny Auction Merchants Association - Know who to trust, where to bid and save. Guess what?! It is the same company that PAS is registered with (DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD).

4. Member "Buybidz" on PennyAuctionWatch.com:
I have been on the PAW forums and read many threads. I remember seeing the moderator make a comment about how the member 'BuyBidz' had the same IP address as that of PAS. If you read carefully you will see BuyBidz is the ONLY member which gives very positive comments about the PAS script. Has anyone seen the BuyBidz.com website? Nor have I. If you go to www.buybiz.com coming soon! you don't get a penny auction site but a domain parking page. I have been in online business for over 10 years and I have seen this type of thing MANY, MANY times. People go online and paste positive comments about their own product or service. My conclusion is simple, BUYBIDZ is the same guy (or a friend) of PAS. No question about it.

5. My Motives:
If anyone is questioning my motives or reputation I ask you simply to do the research on your own and come to your own conclusions. I do not sell penny auction software, I am not a competitor and I don't have a grudge against PAS. However, I have been screwed many times in the past and I have always taken action against the people who did. That is the law of business, eat or be eaten. I do not like to see others get screwed and if I can help someone avoid that, then I’ll help. My motives in doing this investigation and posting this thread are simple: 1) Because my client said I should post my findings and 2) I though I’d save someone else the grief of dealing with PAS. Now, if anybody requires my services in un-installing the PAS script or doing research on another penny auction software company I will charge for that. Business is business and if you hire my time, I will have to charge. I have to earn a living also. If you require my assistance have someone who is a member of this forum and can vouch for me. I will not display my email address here on this thread but you can PM me and I will respond.

My Conclusion: After I did all that research it was quite clear to me what PAS is a scam. It is an India based company or individual masking as a Canadian company ripping people off with a poor quality product and lying about their location, their affiliations and their own reputation. You can do your own research and come to your own conclusions but I think it's pretty clear.

If you have not bought a script from PAS - DO NOT BUY IT if you value your hard earned money.

If you have already purchased a PAS script here is what I recommend you do (this is a recommendation only, you can make your own decisions)

1) Initiate a chargeback with your bank/credit card company or ask for a refund from PAS (I doubt they will honor it). In brief GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
2) If you have it installed on your server, un-install it. I have discovered back doors in their script and they can infect your server with Malware. Once un-installed ask your hosting company to do a Malware scan on your server and scan your computer using your Antivirus software.
3) Before purchasing any new penny auction software do your research or contact me and I can offer that service. (send me a PM)
4) SPREAD THE WORD, tell anyone you know who has purchased their software or is thinking about it, NOT TO BUY IT!

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 20 September 2010 - 12:27 AM.
merged threads

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome to PAW! Great job Hans007, I saw that too with PAMA but didn't come out and post it yet, definitely NOT cool!

Thanks again!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Buybidz
  • Buybidz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Again, complete B.S.

Penny Auction Watch is a scam. Michelle. :-)

PAMA website is not related to any of these script sites.

Like I said before, I've been to they're office and I know they are 100% legit.
It's so plainly obvious again that there is an agenda here. So lets spell this out:

First your saying that they use digital answering 800 numbers they are the same company? Ok sherlock......

Then you say pennyauctionsoft.com is a re branded phppennyauction script. Your saying your a web designer? B.S. They are two completely different scripts, one is built in CAKE PHP the other has no framework.

DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD

Your saying those two sites are the same because they are registered at the same domain register? LOL Your kidding right? Thats like saying

PENNY AUCTION WATCH (Pennyauctionwatch.com) is owned by the same owners of Swipebids (swipeauctions.com)

BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH REGISTERED AT GODADDY. Common... pffft

Anyone reading this can obviously see you haven't the slightest idea what your thinking about.

So here is the real scoop for all to read:

1. Penny Auction Soft makes good software and designs. I know that 100% for a fact as I have a great site running the software.

2. You don't know a thing about software or web design. If you did you would know those scripts are not even close to being the same.

3. There are a ton of sites on Penny Auction Watch Mafia which are using Pennyauctionsoft.com's software. I point to:

Penny Auction - Penny Auctions
Sellmoo Penny Auctions- Competitive Shopping, Never Pay Retail Again!

YEAH THATS RIGHT! Running they're software! Despite what they say.

4. Bargainsandfun script is STOLEN. Its a warez script stolen from Repute info Systems. Yet Penny Auction Watch protects Jeremiah.

5. Michelle (owner of Penny Auction Watch) is under investigation by the Department of Justice.

Now lets get to your agenda. Your another script Pirate.

You stole Penny Auction Soft and now your trying to sell it. You were shut down from a DMCA complaint and now your back around selling it again.

** Welcome To Happy Bids **

hans007
  • hans007
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hello Buybidz,

You make me laugh, you basically just admitted that you are PennyAuctionSoft.com, LOL.

Your rebuttal is comical and completely beside the point.

None of what you said is the truth.

We maybe can't put you out of business but we can at least hurt your business. That's exactly what we'll do.

Hans

PennyAuctionSoft
  • PennyAuctionSoft
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello,

My name is Josh and I am Penny Auction Soft Inc's owner.

We have been aware of Penny Auction Watch for some time and have monitored the slanderous posts being made here on this forum.

Penny Auction Soft Inc does did not direct the user Buybidz to post on our behalf nor do we agree with his statements. We appreciate the support but in our opinion this is getting out of hand.

Hans, if you have any issues with our staff or our script we are always available to help resolve issues by email, phone or ticket. Our company prides itself on respect and integrity and work every day to help users create penny auction sites. We do not wish to be drawn into this.

Josh M.
Penny Auction Soft Inc

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Again, complete B.S.

Penny Auction Watch is a scam. Michelle. :-)

PAMA website is not related to any of these script sites.

Like I said before, I've been to they're office and I know they are 100% legit.
It's so plainly obvious again that there is an agenda here. So lets spell this out:

First your saying that they use digital answering 800 numbers they are the same company? Ok sherlock......

Then you say pennyauctionsoft.com is a re branded phppennyauction script. Your saying your a web designer? B.S. They are two completely different scripts, one is built in CAKE PHP the other has no framework.

Your saying those two sites are the same because they are registered at the same domain register? LOL Your kidding right? Thats like saying

PENNY AUCTION WATCH (Pennyauctionwatch.com) is owned by the same owners of Swipebids (swipeauctions.com)

BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH REGISTERED AT GODADDY. Common... pffft

Anyone reading this can obviously see you haven't the slightest idea what your thinking about.

So here is the real scoop for all to read:

1. Penny Auction Soft makes good software and designs. I know that 100% for a fact as I have a great site running the software.

2. You don't know a thing about software or web design. If you did you would know those scripts are not even close to being the same.

3. There are a ton of sites on Penny Auction Watch Mafia which are using Pennyauctionsoft.com's software. I point to:

Penny Auction - Penny Auctions
Sellmoo Penny Auctions- Competitive Shopping, Never Pay Retail Again!

YEAH THATS RIGHT! Running they're software! Despite what they say.

4. Bargainsandfun script is STOLEN. Its a warez script stolen from Repute info Systems. Yet Penny Auction Watch protects Jeremiah.

5. Michelle (owner of Penny Auction Watch) is under investigation by the Department of Justice.

Now lets get to your agenda. Your another script Pirate.

You stole Penny Auction Soft and now your trying to sell it. You were shut down from a DMCA complaint and now your back around selling it again.

** Welcome To Happy Bids **

-Well, first of all you have my name wrong.

-As for the DOJ investigating me I am not sure what you are talking about, but maybe they can give me a call because I have a few concerns I've been wanting to talk to them about.

-Huh??? I am in NO way shape or form affiliated with SwipeAuctions.com- do you know how many domains are registered with GoDaddy? Millions... ?

- I don't know anything about who is running pennyauctionsoft's software, but I do know that your IP was the same as whoever responds to their customer support e-mails!

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 27 September 2010 - 06:34 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Buybidz
  • Buybidz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Way to back your customers Joshy boy. **** you.

Penny Auction Watch is a bull**** scam.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Penny Auction Watch is a bull**** scam.

:smilielol5: PAW doesnt sell anything how can it be a scam? :smilielol5:

tylerl
  • tylerl
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I can't speak for the validity of PAS's corporate entity. But having spent many hours staring at their code, I certainly can comment on *that*.

The quality is, well, I've seen better, but I haven't seen worse in many years.

It's an SQL-injection nightmare with little or no effort made to sanitize inputs, often (usually) passing parameters directly from the user input to the database with no validity checks an no escaping. There are so many exploitable holes that it's not even worth attempting to fix. In the entire codebase, there are only 4 instances where user-input is escaped before it's sent to the DB. These are all in third-party code that was copy-pasted into the software.

The timer calculation mechanism is terrible -- instead of storing the end time of an auction, the script stores the number of seconds left in the auction, and then UPDATES that value every second, for every auction, with a decrement-by-one operation hard-coded into the update function. This means that the auction timers are necessarily unstable at high loads, and the crazy inefficiency of the update mechanism literally guarantees a poor user experience with even a modestly popular site.

There are also a number of race conditions, boundary conditions, and other coding and logic errors that can (and do) manifest themselves as anomalies like having multiple winners for the same auction (all of which will receive email notification, by the way).

And the code is, without question, stolen from Telebidauctionscript. The programmer wasn't even smart enough to remove the name "Telebidauctionscript.com" from the code, which appears in several files. For example, at the top of "/acceptordenied.php", there's the line "Developed by: Telebidauctionscript URL: http://www.Telebidauctionscript.com" which appears in the output sent to the user. Similar other inclusions also exist, many times in strings that are visible to visitors.

Is PennyAuctionSoft secure? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Just with a cursory examination of the code, I already know enough to hack any installation of the software on any server and grant myself administrator access, rig auctions, change auction results, install malware, etc.

Is PennyAuctionSoft stable? No, not if you care about the consistency of the timers, the predictability of the results, or quality of the experience of the users.

Is PennyAuctionSoft a scam? Well, if it's illegal to repackage someone else's code and claim it as your own, then yes.

Buybidz
  • Buybidz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Boy you Americans are dense. I need to spell it out for you?

Is a bigger Internet Register than Godaddy. Google it and see.
So when I say Penny Auction Watch is Swipebids because they are both registered at Godaddy.com, I am simply using hans007's logic to make another mute point.

tylerl
  • tylerl
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So when I say Penny Auction Watch is Swipebids because they are both registered at Godaddy.com, I am simply using hans007's logic to make another mute point.

It's "moot", not "mute", by the way.

I agree that the registration doesn't prove that the sites are owned by the same person. However, note that PAMA is an unfinished site -- see that their list of Certified Auctions is full of "Lorem Ipsum" text. And PAS purports to be one of those certified auction packages. So, the fact that PAS was certified before the certification process was even in place does seem to suggest that PAMA exists exclusively to prop up PAS, and that the author never got around to even finishing PAMA to begin with.

hans007
  • hans007
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

@ tylerl,

Thank you for that. Good observation, you are exactly correct.

@ Buybidz,

Your attitude and language on this site has been nothing but immature, disrespectful, rude and dishonest. You don't seem to grasp the idea that as a born and bred Canadian, I would NEVER register my domain with a India based company, nor would any other Canadian or American for that matter. Also the fact that PennyAuctionSoft, Penny Auction Merchants Association and Penny Auction Listings are ALL registered with DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD is a fact to be worried about or to question.

Yes the fact that DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD is a bigger registrar than GoDaddy may be true, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that it is worrisome.

When you put all the facts together and look at the big picture you can clearly see that the people behind PennyAuctionSoft created a network of sites to make themselves look legitimate. Just that in itself is worrisome.

All of your rebuttals have been beside the point.

I talk about how the fact that all 3 of those sites are registered with the same Indian based registrar and you go off about how we are idiots because DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD is in fact a bigger registrar that GoDaddy. All your rebuttals have been like that.

I know you are from India because your English grammar is poor and your use of words is not exactly how a American or Canadian would write or talk.

You also used a robot activated phone system to mask your voice/accent.

Now you will probably ask me "What is the problem with dealing with a Indian based company or individual?".

I will answer that question.

We rather deal with locals. We rather deal with North Americans who have our same moral values and understand how proper customer service should function.

I have dealt with India based companies in the past.

The quality is poor and they will easily screw you over (deliver poor a product or service and then when you ask for help in rectifying a problem they are not there to help or ignore simply you)

That's as simple as it get's.

Think about that a little and when your done go find yourself a job at the local McDonald's in Bangalore because your career as a internet scam artist/poor software developer is coming to an end.

Yours Truely,
Hans007

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Not to mention the fact that "PennyAuctionListings" is also located on the very same IP address/ server (67.222.152.114) as PennyAuctionSoft.

ClonePages.com is also on this same server...
http://www.pennyauct...=1&d=1285717925

Anyone like the PAMA forum? Take a look, it's a "clone" of this forum!

See screenshots: http://www.pennyauct...=1&d=1285710624
http://www.pennyauct...=1&d=1285714841
http://www.pennyauct...=1&d=1285718156

Attached Files

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 28 September 2010 - 11:56 PM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

The PAMA seal is also a copy of VeriSign's ???
http://www.pennyauct...=1&d=1285715557

Attached Files

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 29 September 2010 - 01:18 PM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD - What are the odds that all three sites are registered with this Mumbai based company? There are hundreds of domain registrars, this isn't one I've ever come across.
When searching Godaddy 10,600,000 results come up, Directi Internet Solutions PVT LTD? 431,000 ???

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionSoft
  • PennyAuctionSoft
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Directi and resellerclub.com is a massive Internet registry, please do some research. They are almost if not bigger than Godaddy.com. I still fail to see the point being made here. Buybidz did make a valid point in saying that Penny auction Watch and another penny auction site is the same also because they have the same Internet registry. The point being that an Internet registry is not a good way to connect two sites.

We have no relation to PAMA or it's directors. It's a new startup site and we wish them all the best and believe what they are trying to accomplish.

Pennyauctionlisting's is our site.

I've spoken to Buybidz yesterday and this morning. He say's he was banned last night by Pennyauctionwatch/Amanda. I agree with the suspension as the language being used was inappropriate.

Other than the fact Buybidz bought our software and visited our office a few times we have no other relationship with this individual.

As per the other posts. I stated in an earlier post that we bought out telebid some time ago and began working with that code. Your stating that we stole it? Which is simply not true.

Also you are posting on this forum we have a back door built in to the software, which again does not exist. There is one file which is used to truncate the database for a fresh installation as our installer will insert test auctions and users upon installation.

Now I must ask, Tylerl and Hans007 are you actual customers of ours? If you are could you send us a support ticket on our site to prove this? I am having a hard time believing this because it appears nothing your saying is based on actual fact.

EIS
  • EIS
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

With apologies to BuyBidz for making him/her my first active forum post -- The correct term is registrar and not register.

...details will always bring down empires. That's a little personal saying I have for people who refuse to learn about what they attempt to preach. Directi Internet Solutions is nowhere near the size of GoDaddy in registrations. DIS has less than 3.5 million registrations, and GoDaddy clocks in at about 33.5 million. GoDaddy IS the world's #1 as well as the largest domain registrar.

I have no horse in this race. What I do have is a bunch of irked blog readers who are in the penny auction world as site owners and bidders. One of the concerns brought forward by these readers is the penny auction site software, of which this particular script has been named on one or more occasions.

I will be looking further into this.

EIS
  • EIS
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Directi and resellerclub.com is a massive Internet registry, please do some research. They are almost if not bigger than Godaddy.com.

No, they are not. Neither one of them comes remotely close to the size of GoDaddy. Please see my earlier response to BuyBidz regarding this.

The point being that an Internet registry is not a good way to connect two sites.

Actually, it's a very good way to connect sites. Spammers and fraudsters will batch register domains to take advantage of pricing and privacy services. I have seen as many as 26 domains in one shot show up this way.

As per the other posts. I stated in an earlier post that we bought out telebid some time ago and began working with that code. Your stating that we stole it? Which is simply not true.

Would you mind answering this -- did you buy a copy of the Telebid script, or did you buy the rights to the entire script, including copyright and distribution rights? If your answer is that you purchased all rights to the script, would you be willing to prove this through a bill of sale or sale documents? This would put the issue to rest completely.

Now I must ask, Tylerl and Hans007 are you actual customers of ours? If you are could you send us a support ticket on our site to prove this? I am having a hard time believing this because it appears nothing your saying is based on actual fact.

I am neither one of the above mentioned individuals, nor am I an owner of the script, nor will I ever be. However, the script has been offered to me in its original form if I should choose to have it examined by a programmer.

EIS
  • EIS
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

That is a huge statement to make. In fact, that is a libelous statement statement that demands that you either justify or retract it.

Doh! <facepalm> Amanda, if it were me, I would consider un-banning him/her and see if he/she comes back to support that outrageous statement.

hans007
  • hans007
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

@ PennyAuctionSoft,

You are partially right about the registrar but you fail to see the big picture. You are haggling about 1 of the 25 other points of my investigation.

If you really want to convince us of your innocence then answer the following questions which can (and will be) verified. If you are a honest and open business with nothing to hide this will not bother you in the least.

1. What is your corporate name? PennyAuctionSoft.com is a division of what design company?

2. What province is your company incorporated in?

3. What is your full name? (first and last)

4. Which city and province do you live in?

5. Why is your software full of bugs and security breaches?

6. Why do most of your customers have to spend $2000-10,000 just to fix your script because they cannot use it to run a honest, reliable and reputable website?

7. Why do you not answer your support tickets from customers looking for help?

8. Why is your domain name registered with a India based company? Since you claim to be a born and bred Canadian.

9. Why do you not list your suite# and floor for your 720 King Street West address?

10. Why is "BuyBidz" so out of control? (He seems to be a pretty faithful client)

I can see your are attempting to protect your reputation by being nice and polite on this forum but you are not fooling me. You can try and fool the others but you will have to try VERY hard to convince me.

The bottom line is that you are taking peoples money, giving them a extremely poor piece of software and then ignoring them when they need help. It looks very much like robbery and scamming to me.

So for me your actions have already spoken for themselves and you won't convince me that your intentions are honorable.

If you are REALLY intent of clearing up your name then answer those questions and then we'll see.

Hans007

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auction, penny, penny auction soft., scam, script, soft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users