Started by jonduke , Sep 29 2010 04:43 PM

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Although not familiar with any other PA sites, I have used Galaxybids a lot, and have had tremedous success there. I have won multiple amazing prizes there and have been extremely happy about my experiences so far.
I have spoken with the the president, Lisa, often via email and she has always gone above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied, helping me with every aspect of my transactions and making me feel extremely welcome to her site. Unlike the high majority of people I run into on a daily basis, she truly understands customer service and is a pleasure to deal with.
Shipping has always been extremely quick. The longest it has taken any item to get to my house has been 12 days, with the high majority being right around 7 days and even had one that was won on a Thursday night and arrived on Monday. Very impressed.
No problems whatsoever, except my wife now complains how much I have become addicted, but she is easily hushed when our new items arrive at the door!

JonDuke

Philly
  • Philly
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Just joined Galaxybids Wednesday and initial impression is very positive. Had one great win on first night. Next morning item was marked complete and shipped. Will follow up with stated 12 day shipping when item arrives. Again, initial perception is very positive.

Philly
  • Philly
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Here's the update on shipping. Won the Wii on Sept. 29th and it waas delivered on Oct. 4th. Very efficient shipping. Site gets the Two thumbs up rating,,, would have earned more if I had more thumbs. Great site !!

Edited by Philly, 06 October 2010 - 06:15 AM.
Wrong Date entered

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Can't believe I wasn't bidding tonight.
The iPad went for 38 CENTS!
Awesome win for whoever scored that one

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

my thoughts exactly when I saw that. It went crazy last time so i decided not to bother this time around...grrrr :(

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

I am sooooooooooooooooo pissed words cannot describe lol. I was too busy surfing the web and totally forgot about the damn ipad.

Oh well, next one ! :)

PennyAuctionCoupon
  • PennyAuctionCoupon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

GalaxyBids.com on PAC for a 75% Coupon going on for the next 24 hours.

Disclaimer: PAW is not responsible for what's going on on PAC.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Neverwalks i got a question for you...i am very...VERY confused. i attached a screen shot and i want to know if i am missing something about the auction in the picture or is it a normal auction and you just want those bids?! :o :smilielol5: :smilielol5: good luck buddy! :lurk5:

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Neverwalks i got a question for you...i am very...VERY confused. i attached a screen shot and i want to know if i am missing something about the auction in the picture or is it a normal auction and you just want those bids?! :o :smilielol5: :smilielol5: good luck buddy! :lurk5:

LOL!! I was just about to come on here and post the same thing hahahaha! Seems like NW is having a little too much fun with that bid for free auction! LOL! :smilielol5:

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: I'm bored dude... I'm waiting for something and replying to a bucket load of emails so I thought I'd have a bit of light entertainment as a break..I'm going to back to emails shortly ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: I'm bored dude... I'm waiting for something and replying to a bucket load of emails so I thought I'd have a bit of light entertainment as a break..I'm going to back to emails shortly ;)

Edit-just saw the free to bid in the title, I am tired...have fun :smilielol5:

Edited by coolguy451, 04 December 2010 - 07:46 AM.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Edit-just saw the free to bid in the title, I am tired...have fun :smilielol5:

LOL... I was too busy hammering the bid button to see what you wrote prior to the edit :smilielol5: Anyways cheers... I'm off back to my emails for a while :leaving:

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

LOL... I was too busy hammering the bid button to see what you wrote prior to the edit :smilielol5: Anyways cheers... I'm off back to my emails for a while :leaving:

When I wrote it I thought it was an auction using real bids and I couldn't understand why some were jumping in when the price was already @ $20 :smilielol5:

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

When I wrote it I thought it was an auction using real bids and I couldn't understand why some were jumping in when the price was already @ $20 :smilielol5:

LOL... Nah.. it's a freebie and I was bored waiting for the Catherine Tate show to come on. ;)

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

LOL!! I was just about to come on here and post the same thing hahahaha! Seems like NW is having a little too much fun with that bid for free auction! LOL! :smilielol5:

Did any of you see this auction end? I was still emailing at 6am and it finally got to below the 10 seconds marker and a known springy person had a butler set, so I just set my own to beyond retail and finally went to bed. I woke up, boosted my caffeine intake and went over to Galaxybids to check things out and the auction has disappeared? Completely vanished as if it was never there :eek: ...it isn't still running and it isn't in the ended auctions section either :eek: and what's more I still have the bidbutler set and showing as active in my account... Geez, I'm really not off to a good start with this site and have wasted quite a lot of time there thus far :rolleyes:

jetranger
  • jetranger
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I saw the auction while it was going and wanted to see what it ended at as well but did not find any record of it. It was kinda weird. Thought I was deranged again. Glad you came aboard to tell me I wasn't hallucinating. Of course, like coolguy, I didnt realize it was a freebie either and was wondering what the heck was going on.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I saw the auction while it was going and wanted to see what it ended at as well but did not find any record of it. It was kinda weird. Thought I was deranged again. Glad you came aboard to tell me I wasn't hallucinating. Of course, like coolguy, I didnt realize it was a freebie either and was wondering what the heck was going on.

:smilielol5: Seriously though... I had spent hours on and off with this auction and was looking forward to claiming victory over the springer LOL. Obviously I'm slightly concerned that the auction has completely vanished, but one of my main concerns is that I have also not heard a peep from Jeff about what happened. If there is a faulty auction then users should be notified. I know it was a freebie so didn't cost any cash, however it did cost me a lot of wasted time (despite the fact that I was bored anyways LOL). I also now have bidbutler deleting to do within my account panel, so yet more time to waste :rolleyes: I did not notice as the bidbutlers were firing off against each other that they seemed to be acting somewhat strange, and a couple of times it went right to the zero second before one would fire as I nearly hit the bid button thinking that it wasn't actually going to fire on a couple of occasions before tiredness eventually got the better of me LOL. Fair enough, this was a free to bid auction, that really isn't the point here... what if all those hours had been sunk into a pay auction and after 3000 bids you go to bed, wake up the next day, go check it out and the same thing has happened? I don't really want to have those worries... I want to be using a reliable script that isn't going to let me down.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

I was one of those...well, not at $20, but a little earlier. :redface:

I just popped in two bids to say hello to Neverwalks. It's rare I get to say hi to someone from here, during an auction, for free! :)

Happy bidding all!

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I was one of those...well, not at $20, but a little earlier. :redface:

I just popped in two bids to say hello to Neverwalks. It's rare I get to say hi to someone from here, during an auction, for free! :)

Happy bidding all!

Haha, no reason for a sad face, I am sure he appreciated the hello. :) I would have done the same if I was registered for the site but I am trying to reduce how many new auctions I sign up for these days.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

Haha, no reason for a sad face, I am sure he appreciated the hello. :) I would have done the same if I was registered for the site but I am trying to reduce how many new auctions I sign up for these days.

I'm with you!! I had to pare things back a bit. How u been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users