Galaxybids.com

Started by jonduke , Sep 29 2010 04:43 PM

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

:rolleyes: I did notice as the bidbutlers were firing off against each other that they seemed to be acting somewhat strange, and a couple of times it went right to the zero second before one would fire

Oops...my original post was supposed to read I DID notice, but for some reason I typed did not LOL.

I was one of those...well, not at $20, but a little earlier. :redface:

I just popped in two bids to say hello to Neverwalks. It's rare I get to say hi to someone from here, during an auction, for free! :)

Happy bidding all!

It's all good nix... I don't think there is any such thing as jumping on a freebie auction :) ....anyways... Hello :) :seeya:

Haha, no reason for a sad face, I am sure he appreciated the hello. :) I would have done the same if I was registered for the site but I am trying to reduce how many new auctions I sign up for these days.

I sure did :) ..and I agree... I think many players spread themselves quite thin these days... at one point last night I was bidding on no fewer than 4 auctions at the same time and on different sites :eek: :smilielol5:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I'm with you!! I had to pare things back a bit. How u been?

Not bad, how about you? I am trying to restrict myself (the best I can lol) to sites that I feel I can still trust at this point since there have been so many in recent months to pack up shop without shipping or refunding anything. Happy Holidays!

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

Not bad, how about you? I am trying to restrict myself (the best I can lol) to sites that I feel I can still trust at this point since there have been so many in recent months to pack up shop without shipping or refunding anything. Happy Holidays!

Been well. I feel you completely! It's hard to resist when stuff is going cheap, but you know theres problems...sigh. Worse yet, you think you have a site you can trust and there's posts all over here about lawsuits and deception. Hopefully some things get sorted out bc I'm running out of places to bid. :o

Happy holidays to you too!

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

It's all good nix... I don't think there is any such thing as jumping on a freebie auction :) ....anyways... Hello :) :seeya:

HELLO again! :)

It's funny because I thought the same thing as rotaryguy when I saw you goin crazy on that auction last night. My first thought was "Holy crap never! It's only a 50 bid pack!" My second thought was "Am I missing something? Maybe I should bid too!" :smilielol5: It took me a little diggin before I realized it was a "free to bid" auction too. Then I just had to say "hello"! haha

Happy holidays!

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Guys

My apologies regarding last night/this morning's free auction. We did have a server connection issue that ended the auction improperly. We are the new owners of GalaxyBids.com and have been doing some housecleaning to straighten out some of the issues we have found with the server.
We are working extremely hard to keep our customers happy and provide an honest auction environment. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we grow the site. It is our goal to become the number one penny auction site and where customers enjoy to spend their time. Again our deepest apologies for the time spent in last night free auction
We really appreciate our customers and look for any feedback you can provide.
Jeff Kellner
Galaxybids.com

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Guys

My apologies regarding last night/this morning's free auction. We did have a server connection issue that ended the auction improperly. We are the new owners of GalaxyBids.com and have been doing some housecleaning to straighten out some of the issues we have found with the server.
We are working extremely hard to keep our customers happy and provide an honest auction environment. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we grow the site. It is our goal to become the number one penny auction site and where customers enjoy to spend their time. Again our deepest apologies for the time spent in last night free auction
We really appreciate our customers and look for any feedback you can provide.
Jeff Kellner
Galaxybids.com

Thanks for the explanation and apology Jeff :)

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

It's funny because I thought the same thing as rotaryguy when I saw you goin crazy on that auction last night. My first thought was "Holy crap never! It's only a 50 bid pack!" My second thought was "Am I missing something?

Okay glad to know im not the only one that thought this! :smilielol5: I know Never is a strong bidder, but that many bids for a 50 bid pack I was thinking Never had put down a few to many beers last night! :cheers2: :smilielol5::smilielol5: Now that I know it was bid for free...makes ALOT more sense :) Hope everyone is having a good bidding day so far!

bradjar
  • bradjar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

I do like Galaxy as well. Decided to try it and had a nice win as well. I especially like that the owners are interested in what their bidders have to say.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

seems like mariam is one heartless jumper... is that a paw member? I mean I know it's a strategy and all, but endlessbids was in right from the beginning I think.. that must suck.

Edited by iwontgiveup, 07 December 2010 - 05:33 AM.

jetranger
  • jetranger
  • Members
  • 696 posts

One of these days, I am going to win the auction I bid on and it will hit whatever the reserve is. I am trying for it every day! I appreciate the help Cave. I think you felt pity for me :)

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I am having problems with Galaxybids and don't seem to be able to get an email reply for love nor money :( ...I emailed them Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I still have no response or resolution to the issues I'm suffering :( ....how long does it usually take for you guys to get a reply?

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Neverwalks

Sorry about the
Delay. I will jump on my e-mail and rectify your issue
. We are really hopping around here. We definitely appreciate your business. Please check your e-mail in a few minutes
Thank you
Jeff

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Neverwalks

Sorry about the
Delay. I will jump on my e-mail and rectify your issue
. We are really hopping around here. We definitely appreciate your business. Please check your e-mail in a few minutes
Thank you
Jeff

Ahhh... there you are :) LOL.

Okay...no worries... I'll pop in and check it in a while then :) ...it's just that I haven't been able to bid at all because of that faulty auction from Saturday LOL.

Thanks Jeff :)

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

One of these days, I am going to win the auction I bid on and it will hit whatever the reserve is. I am trying for it every day! I appreciate the help Cave. I think you felt pity for me :)

I was hoping my few freebie bids would be enough to boost that up to help reach the reserve....I truly hate reserve auctions...:smilielol5:Seems like just a huge waste of time since you have to depend on OTHER people placing bids.

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I was hoping my few freebie bids would be enough to boost that up to help reach the reserve....I truly hate reserve auctions...:smilielol5:Seems like just a huge waste of time since you have to depend on OTHER people placing bids.

I completely understand the reserve auction thing. We are working tirelessly to promote and get new users to the site. Things are going well. So the reserve auction concept for GalaxyBids.com will not be for long. I truly thank you for your patience

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Ahhh... there you are :) LOL.

Okay...no worries... I'll pop in and check it in a while then :) ...it's just that I haven't been able to bid at all because of that faulty auction from Saturday LOL.

Thanks Jeff :)

Okay so that was the other issue I will look into your limits. Today. That will be corrected

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

So the reserve auction concept for GalaxyBids.com will not be for long.

woot woot woot i like the sound of this :)

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Got a lot of bidders today!
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

jetranger
  • jetranger
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I am not trying to say anything here but am concerned about the bidding pattern I see today. One bidder bids at one second and that bidder is seldom the same. If multiple people were going after an auction, wouldn't multiple bids be placed at one second? Right now, I am only seeing one at a time bid and this has been going for some time. Some bidders drop out and new ones come in. Usually, one bidder would be in on it in some form or fashion. Two bids would register at the same time, right? It looks fishy, especially when a $25 Starbucks is suddenly going for over $4.00 right now.

Again, I am not trying to insinuate anything here. I would like someone to go watch the auctions and see what they see. I saw a maintenance notice up late last night. Did something happen that wasn't intended?

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Couldn't have said it better myself jetranger! That's why I made the comment about lots of new bidders! Just seems fishy to me. Might as well toss these bids in the account down the drain from what I can see!
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users