Started by jonduke , Sep 29 2010 04:43 PM

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Any yes, you are right. There would be multiple bids going in at one second, not just one. I am not buying what they are selling. Anyone else care to chime in?
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

jetranger
  • jetranger
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Let me just say that it is two auctions that look freaky. The Starbucks one and the digital frame. The last two have appeared normal.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

very strange for sure!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

I must say I am feeling slightly better that I am not the only one who is realizing this. I was watching the site for 6 hours yesterday so I caught a little more than you guys. I just...I don't know.. I just don't want to believe that GB actually has bots now. No one here has said it yet, but this is exactly what you are all thinking. I sent a message to Jeff about my concerns last night as well and his response in return you can imagine wasn't a positive one. Right now I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to think. I recorded the action last night and the patterns and warning signs that I noticed last night but will keep them confidential for now until requested by Amanda. Anyway, everyone is more than welcome to check the site out now and see the Xbox that is going off. I really hope they aren't running bots now because they were doing so well without them.

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I didn't want to say it either..But after last nights disaster on the Magic Kit and this morning on the Wally card, I thought to myself...bots..

At first I thought on the Wally card I was being tag teamed. There was a pattern there. Those bidders dropped. Auto bidder A came in. I was the only one on auto at that time. 40 bids later Autobidder B jumped in. 20 something bids after I cancelled my auto to let A & B run their auto's out. As soon as I did, one of the other bidders dropped immediately. I reset my auto and a few bids later I won.

Just some strange stuff happening. Lots of names I have NEVER seen before and I have been around the block so to say...:S

Claudia-ItsMINEnow

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

I must say I am feeling slightly better that I am not the only one who is realizing this. I was watching the site for 6 hours yesterday so I caught a little more than you guys. I just...I don't know.. I just don't want to believe that GB actually has bots now. No one here has said it yet, but this is exactly what you are all thinking. I sent a message to Jeff about my concerns last night as well and his response in return you can imagine wasn't a positive one. Right now I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to think. I recorded the action last night and the patterns and warning signs that I noticed last night but will keep them confidential for now until requested by Amanda. Anyway, everyone is more than welcome to check the site out now and see the Xbox that is going off. I really hope they aren't running bots now because they were doing so well without them.

have you done the firebug test? im sorry iwgu but im hoping your wrong :(

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

I didn't want to say it either..But after last nights disaster on the Magic Kit and this morning on the Wally card, I thought to myself...bots..

At first I thought on the Wally card I was being tag teamed. There was a pattern there. Those bidders dropped. Auto bidder A came in. I was the only one on auto at that time. 40 bids later Autobidder B jumped in. 20 something bids after I cancelled my auto to let A & B run their auto's out. As soon as I did, one of the other bidders dropped immediately. I reset my auto and a few bids later I won.

Just some strange stuff happening. Lots of names I have NEVER seen before and I have been around the block so to say...:S

Claudia-ItsMINEnow

Yeah I saw you get pumbled on the magicset which I thought was weird. I really don't want to think GB has bots because it's like my fav PA. Jeff says he has been doing some local marketing campaigns, recently got noticed in the news and is doing some google advertising as well. I really want to believe that all of that marketing/advertising is what has brought all this action but the other side of me is saying that I've seen these patterns before. I just really don't know.. I hope I'm wrong here...

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

they got no reserve on some of the auctions tonight too! grrr im torn...there are a few items i would love to bid on as im sure some of you here see some things you want to bid on too bbbuuutttt...is it worth the risk? or do we assume innocent until proven guilty?

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

have you done the firebug test? im sorry iwgu but im hoping your wrong :(

Nope, haven't done any firebug tests as I don't use firefox. And I really do hope I am wrong as well. I mean I'm not accusing them of having bots because there's really no way of saying so I decided to keep my assumptions to myself and not say anything and just continue watching the site. It wasn't until I came on here and noticed others already talking about it which is why I had to throw in my 2 cents. It's just a strange thing you know.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

they got no reserve on some of the auctions tonight too! grrr im torn...there are a few items i would love to bid on as im sure some of you here see some things you want to bid on too bbbuuutttt...is it worth the risk? or do we assume innocent until proven guilty?

was thinking the same because as I said, the other half of me of course still loves GB, it's just the doubtful side of me now I'm having trouble with.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

was thinking the same because as I said, the other half of me of course still loves GB, it's just the doubtful side of me now I'm having trouble with.

if we was rich i would say lets do it, but imma college student. money doesnt grow on trees so i gotta protect what i have to live comfortably and to be able to bid on my other sites :)

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Couldn't have said it better myself jetranger! That's why I made the comment about lots of new bidders! Just seems fishy to me. Might as well toss these bids in the account down the drain from what I can see!

I ask you to be excited for Galaxybids.com as we as we have been working really hard to grow our existing user base with recent promotions at pennyauctioncoupon.com our Google, Yahoo news coverage and strategic removal of reserve items we have increased our user base in the last few weeks. At some point we had 25 new users per hr registering for a period of time. As we slowly removed the reserve auctions we have seen an increase in business. Which really is why we we get up in the morning or work through the night sometimes.

We did have a maintenance issue this morning. As someone was nice enough to try and hack into the site, which caused some issues.

I assure you nothing "fishy" is going on and understand most people do not know us but Our customer service, shipping times will tell the story.
Honestly our reputation is very important to us without our customers trust we really have nothing and would be out of business Pretty fast I believe. So I hope GalaxyBids.com continues to grow at the rapid pace we are experiencing it says we are doing a good job.
Thank you
Jeff

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

I ask you to be excited for Galaxybids.com as we as we have been working really hard to grow our existing user base with recent promotions at pennyauctioncoupon.com our Google, Yahoo news coverage and strategic removal of reserve items we have increased our user base in the last few weeks. At some point we had 25 new users per hr registering for a period of time. As we slowly removed the reserve auctions we have seen an increase in business. Which really is why we we get up in the morning or work through the night sometimes.

We did have a maintenance issue this morning. As someone was nice enough to try and hack into the site, which caused some issues.

I assure you nothing "fishy" is going on and understand most people do not know us but Our customer service, shipping times will tell the story.
Honestly our reputation is very important to us without our customers trust we really have nothing and would be out of business Pretty fast I believe. So I hope GalaxyBids.com continues to grow at the rapid pace we are experiencing it says we are doing a good job.
Thank you
Jeff

Jeff-

Thank you for actually posting something and explaining to us what has been going on. I have not been watching the site much so I cannot speak of the "fishyness", but seeing as you made the effort to communicate with us speaks volumes to me personally. Many PA owners would come on here ranting and raving about what was being discussed as, your legitimacy was being questioned. I think you will find the communication will go a LONG ways here at PAW. Many owners disregard the power of this forum. There are ALOT of bidders registered some small bidders and some whales, but you never know how many are just bystanders that read. I know I read and snooped around for about 4-5 months before I joined. Best luck with the site so glad to hear your growing as well as, lifted the reserves. Hopefully I can hop back onto your site soon to bid before you get to big and crazy! :P

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Yes, thank you for at least posting and addressing our concerns..fears..whatever :smilielol5:

Lots of us are suspicious. I think the longer you bid, the more suspicious you become in the PA world.

I will continue bidding on Galaxy and keep an eye on it. No more Magic Kits though. I just went and bought the stupid thing..I swear, my kids look at the sites I bid on to make their Christmas list...

Claudia~ItsMINEnow

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Jeff, thanks for posting and addressing our concerns. I still think some of the bidding patterns are weird, but at least you came on here to share your thoughts with us. It means alot and I appreciate it!
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Yes, thank you for at least posting and addressing our concerns..fears..whatever :smilielol5:

Lots of us are suspicious. I think the longer you bid, the more suspicious you become in the PA world.

I will continue bidding on Galaxy and keep an eye on it. No more Magic Kits though. I just went and bought the stupid thing..I swear, my kids look at the sites I bid on to make their Christmas list...

Claudia~ItsMINEnow

LOL I found that thing on google trends as the 1 search and listed it users went nuts over it:wink:. Thank you for your comments!

jetranger
  • jetranger
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I started this with some observations and again was hoping you would respond in kind. I admit I found it odd the patterns of bidding I saw. I still think it is/was weird. It would make some sense if they are new bidders from a local market who just have no clue what they are doing. It was the $25 Starbucks that freaked me out, to be honest. To see it go for that much when we had trouble hitting a reserve two days prior struck me as odd.

Having said that, I do apologize. It was not my intent to drag your good name through the mud. As I mentioned, I appreciate - as does everyone here - you coming here with a level head and explaining your side.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I swear, my kids look at the sites I bid on to make their Christmas list...

Claudia~ItsMINEnow

LOL!!!! Mine do too!!!! :smilielol5:

GalaxyBids
  • GalaxyBids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I started this with some observations and again was hoping you would respond in kind. I admit I found it odd the patterns of bidding I saw. I still think it is/was weird. It would make some sense if they are new bidders from a local market who just have no clue what they are doing. It was the $25 Starbucks that freaked me out, to be honest. To see it go for that much when we had trouble hitting a reserve two days prior struck me as odd.

Having said that, I do apologize. It was not my intent to drag your good name through the mud. As I mentioned, I appreciate - as does everyone here - you coming here with a level head and explaining your side.

Thank you, Have a Great Night!

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Disclaimer: This post and the thread I just started about what to do when you get scammed have NOTHING to do with each other and are NOT related.

I know I was one of the first people to come spread the love about this site, and have said over and over how much I love it, but have to admit that I have strong doubts about the ongoings since it has changed hands.

I too watched an auction last night and was amazed to see not one bid butler used for the high majority of it. All users were brand new names. I have been addicted to this site since it's beginning and am fairly certain I can say I have won more there than anyone else. That being said, I gained an intimate knowledge of all bidders, regular and newbies. I had it down to a science.

I realize that new people have joined since, and I honestly have not been active there at all for a while. I didn't even know it changed ownership until reading so here. Since then though, I noticed the unusual bidding patterns and names surface more and more.

I find it highly coincidental as well that since negative suspicions started being posted on here, that the reserves were magically lifted on many high end items tonight. I will also bet that the higher end auctions that go tonight will go fairly cheap, and without any suspicious activity, because IF that was indeed happening before, am sure that it won't happen tonight as the owner knows they are being watched very closely. I caution everyone bidding tonight to not get your hopes up to high. Tonight they may go normal, but in a week when our guards are down, maybe not. Maybe we have just shown him how to avoid suspicious behavior? Who knows.

I too appreciate that Jeff has responded immediately, but hypothetically, wouldn't you too in an effort to try to save your investment?

Also, to Jeff, can you post some examples please of your highly effective marketing campaign? I have seen the PAC coupon, but can we see examples of the Google ads as well as the Yahoo ones? And maybe a sneak peak at what you did locally too.

I am not saying that they are using bots for sure, but with multiple people having the same views and witnessing the same suspicious behavior that has been exhibited over and over by previous scam sites, I would just hope that everyone takes a step back to examine all points here before jumping in and spending their money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users