Background Image

Hi, what are the most reputable Penny Auction sites?

Started by JacquiS0S , Sep 29 2010 06:04 PM
advice on starting best site penny auction legitimacy top auctions winner

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Are any of these sites relyable? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Are any of these sites relyable?

1. BigDeal (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Swoopo (0 votes [0.00%])

3. BidCactus (3 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

4. BidRivals (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Beezid (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

6. Wavee (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

JacquiS0S
  • JacquiS0S
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello fellow members,

A friend told me about Penny Auctions and I wanted to find out a bit more before I joined a site. I see that there are hundreds of sites out there and its a bit difficult to know which ones I can trust. Any recommendations?

From those of you who have joined a site, which have provided the best experience? Did you win anything? How much should I spend to get started?

Any advise is helpful & look forward to reading your responses!

Thanks!
JacquiS0S

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Welcome to PAW! The number one thing that most people will tell you is to Do Your Homework! Read through this forum and you will see what other people have said about those sites. Also, look for sites that offer free bids upon signing up or other beginner's perks. This way you can get a feel for the site!

Best of Luck,
Jeff

JacquiS0S
  • JacquiS0S
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Jeff for the great idea! Will have to see who offers free bids.

Tim@SpeedClik
  • Tim@SpeedClik
  • Members
  • 662 posts

Just like Jeff said
you can type in keywords like; fast shipping
and any other area that interests u
using the search feature
that way you can find a site that
suits your needs

Welcome to PAW

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

If you'd like to sign up at SpeedyFinger.com I will make sure you get some free bids try it out.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

do not bid on beezid. my friend has had horrible experiences with them accusing him of team play and then 2 months later coming back and saying he can bid again and 2 months later finally getting his items. their excuse was "our system flagged your account for "usual activity". yet, never saying more than that. despite their winners circle saying they have great customer service, his experience is a 5-10 days to reply to emails and to get ahold of someone on the phone is like winning the lottery, it never happens. just a heads up, but it could be a rare coincidence (i doubt it)

Monach
  • Monach
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Not trustworthy - slow or NO shipping of items you win. Double-charges your bank account for bid packages and gets away with it by giving the second charge a separate order number. Appears to be getting ready to skip town as the ONLY items left in their inventory are cheap sport headbands, cosmetics, etc that you would pay no more than $10 for at any store. NO electronics, NO small apliances, NO nice jewelry, NOTHING worth bidding on. The wheel deal (daily spin for free bids), the instant chat support, the buy bids functions - all of those features have had a "Under Maintenance" response now for over a month. The site administrators blamed poor vendor management of inventory on not receiving goods. I caught them with PROOF that they used false advertising to try to entice people to bid on their items. They had a page up that showed nice items won very cheaply. Each item was featured with a photo of the item, the person who won it, where the person was located, the amount it was won for and the TIME/DATE it was won. I took a screen shot of this page and highlighted a item that was won 5 HOURS BEFORE that time of day ever arrived. (The item was supposedly won by a member in Alabama and i live in Alabama. When I noticed the win time - it was still five hours ahead of the actual time. I sent an email in asking them to explain this and they "DEACTIVATED" my account. These guys are CROOKS people and that site is a SCAM. STAY CLEAR. Play with your money on another site that is more reputable.

AnniesBid
  • AnniesBid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The poll question blew our minds - of course we realize its from 2010, but half the names on the poll at the top of thread are no longer in business.

dpennybidder
  • dpennybidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I voted for beezid. Out of the three on the list that is still in business only beezid would i feel totally comfortable on and i feel they are most reliable on that list.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

The poll question blew our minds - of course we realize its from 2010, but half the names on the poll at the top of thread are no longer in business.

I know, right! Lol I looked at answers first, and then at the date! Lol

BadMamaJamaBidder
  • BadMamaJamaBidder
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello All,

I have been a Penny Auction Buyer for quite some time now...I Have WON ALOT OF AUCTIONS ALSO...
But the ONE SITE that is the BEST ONE ON THE WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB...I Would say Is:

>>>>>>>> " RAGING BID " <<<<<<<<

I say this because there Customer Service is OUT OF THIS WORLD...
They have A DIFFERENT PROMOTION EVERYDAY
They have A Social Site ( Social Bull ) Where you can sign up And KEEP IN TOUCH WITH All the
Members of there Site.... On Tuesdays & Thursdays.. At 6:30 PST They Have TRIVIA NITE
Where you can answer DIFFERENT QUESTIONS AND WIN FREE BIDS..
AND most of the time..ON TRIVIA NITE AFTER THERE DONE WITH QUESTIONS
THEY WILL RANDOMLY CHOOSE NAMES, FOR FREE GIFT CARDS...

I LOVE RAGING BID....THEY GET TO KNOW ALL THERE MEMBERS...AND ITS LIKE A BIG HAPPY FARM FULL OF BLUE BULLIESSSS.....
IF YOU SIGN UP UNDER MY LINK BELOW..
http://www.ragingbid.com
Tell them Lani Kochevar ( AKA....blueeyed1366 ) Sent you..
You Just Might Get SOME FREE BIDS....

^^^^^^^^ >>>>>>> Go Check It OUT ^^^^^^^^ <<<<<<<<

HAVE FUN..!!!..& HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE...!!!

ValueLane
  • ValueLane
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am the owner of ValueLane.Com. Of course i would recommend my own site. The reason is because we are a new site. We believe every bidder should have a fair chance at winning. Customer service is top knotch. Not as many bidders as most sites. So the chance at winning is increased by alot. Great items to bid on. Honesty and integrity is a huge part in what we are trying to do. Yes their are alot of sites out there. You have to find one that is looking out for your best interest instead of theirs. Building a good reputation takes times and so far we have had nothing but good reviews. Here is the link to the next great penny auction website http://valuelane.com

DineOutForPennies
  • DineOutForPennies
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

DineOutForPennies.com has been bringing awesome deals on Restaurant Gift Cards for quite some time now along with deals on iPads, iPods and Kindle Fires. By signing up you get 5 FREE bids to try us out or you can use the Promo Code:FIRSTTIME and get 20% extra Bonus Bids in your first Bid Package Purchase.
DineOutForPennies.com is the Best Restaurant Gift Card Penny Auction Site offering Free Shipping, Zero Processing Fees, Penny Bid Auctions PLUS we even give you FREE bids for EVERY Happy Hour! :cheers2:

Sign up today at DineOutForPennies.com and receive 5 FREE bids because with prices like these, can you really afford to eat at home?!

TheBidRace
  • TheBidRace
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Attached File  thebidraceNEWlogo3.jpg   21.17KB   1 downloads

Come online and check out our opening weekend. We are offering 15 free bids for each new user. These bids can be used on any auctions. NO RESTRICTIONS.

We have high quality items that everyone is looking for. Today we have gift cards to itunes, amazon, walmart and more plus a blu-ray player and a Samsung LED tv.

http://www.thebidrace.com

The Bid Race Pit Crew

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice on starting, best site, penny auction legitimacy, top auctions, winner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users