90 replies to this topic

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

We are finally launching tomorrow night 9/30 beginning at 8PM
This weekend only anyone who joins will get 20 free bids.
One account per household. If we find multiple accounts with different email addresses tracing back to the same IP address we will have no choice but to disable the accounts so please contact us FIRST if there is more than family member joining that shares your same internet account.
Our auctions will be limited on this opening weekend and we hopefully we will be open 24 hours a day 7 days a week by this time next week.

As we have just updated our database, with new security measures, there is a strong possibility, that you may have to re-register if you already joined.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please ask any questions you may have in this thread as we monitor it all the time.

Thanks

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

If you joined up last night for our grand opening this evening there is a chance that you may have to rejoin. Our programmers were doing some last minute security updates on our database Wednesday night and we somehow lost the last 3 people that joined when we backed up the database.

We are still posting items for auction, and some nice ones!

flostradamos
  • flostradamos
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Was bidding on an item and site has just went down its around 12:00am central time just wanted to let you know.
My mom got in an argument at the car wash other lady said "get out of my face i don't know you" my mom said "google me b%tch" rofl she's 65 LOL

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Was bidding on an item and site has just went down its around 12:00am central time just wanted to let you know.

I've been watching that Macbook auction too and the page froze and now cannot be displayed.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I've been watching that Macbook auction too and the page froze and now cannot be displayed.

I recieved an email this morning saying that their Server had a power outage so it cased the site to go down and the auction to end

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I recieved an email this morning saying that their Server had a power outage so it cased the site to go down and the auction to end

They're going to refund everyone in the auction then, right?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

They're going to refund everyone in the auction then, right?

Not according to this mornings email, i did respond suggesting that they need to do that considering that event altered the auction.

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Actually the internet link went down to the server and the script continued to run with no problem. We talked to the server company the PLANET which had over 500 connections lost to one of their buildings last night for a brief period of time.
It actually cost us a bit of money since there were two powebidders
determined to win and it looked like neither one of them was stopping. We are declaring both of them winners and sending both parties a MacBook, though the site shows only winner.
Had either party been cheated out of bids or had the autobidder been unfair then we would have canceled the auction. Since this was not the case and no one was cheated or can claim foul play we are not canceling the auction and awarding both parties their macbooks.
If anything the auction suddenly ending due to the power outage saved both of them a lot of money in having to continue to bid to win the item.

Edited by NewComer, 12 October 2010 - 06:04 PM.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Actually the internet link went down to the server and the script continued to run with no problem. We talked to the server company the PLANET which had over 500 connections lost to one of their buildings last night for a brief period of time.
determined to win and it looked like neither one of them was stopping. We are declaring both of them winners and sending both parties a MacBook, though the site shows only winner.
Had either party been cheated out of bids or had the autobidder been unfair then we would have canceled the auction. Since this was not the case and no one was cheated or can claim foul play we are not canceling the auction and awarding both parties their macbooks.
If anything the auction suddenly ending due to the power outage saved both of them a lot of money in having to continue to bid to win the item.

That doesn't make sense, there were others that were bidding as well who had also spent over value, why are you arbitrarily allowing there to be two winners, those being the latest two bidders when in penny auctions only one user wins an item? Based on the technical difficulties the auction should have just been deemed invalid and everyone refunded.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

tgg611
  • tgg611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

What if I wanted to Jump the auction later after they exhausted their bids?

Just wondering out loud if I get a Macbook?

Devil's Advocate is all

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Good Point.

However that was not the case and we would have come up with a fair solution had you lost a few bids. It was clear to anyone watching that this was a 2 horse race. Had this been a 3 horse race we would have given the 3rd party a MacBook as well. Anybody who has been watching our site, can see we have lost a quite a bit of money on some auctions and this is the price one pays when trying to establish a major penny auction site. Reputation and credibility are important factors which is why we rather send out 2 Macbooks and keep all parties happy.

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I believed that there were only 5 IP addresses signed on when this final auction of the night ended according to our IP register. I think we have already resolved any and all issues with any other parties. If I am mistaken regarding this please email us using our contact information on the website.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I think that I need to make one thing clear, so nobody thinks I am making any backdoor consesions, I too agree that there is only one ethical resolve and that is to cancel/void the auction and re-run it, and I have voiced this to them. I will say this I have spoke with them several times and they are listning I am confident they will do the right thing. Keep in mind they too are still learning the ropes, I must say communication has been very good and that is always a good sign.

cantthinkofone
  • cantthinkofone
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I think that I need to make one thing clear, so nobody thinks I am making any backdoor consesions, I too agree that there is only one ethical resolve and that is to cancel/void the auction and re-run it, and I have voiced this to them. I will say this I have spoke with them several times and they are listning I am confident they will do the right thing. Keep in mind they too are still learning the ropes, I must say communication has been very good and that is always a good sign.

I'll bet you want them to void that auction and refund bids. Let me guess, the value of your bids used is greater than the value of the item being auctioned. If this auction is voided and your bids are returned then you win. You made your point --- helped cement your reputation --- as one who will go the distance no matter the cost so don't bid against me in the future. Plus if auction is voided and you get your bids back then you can use those bids to win items in the future worth far more than the value of that MacBook ----- worth far, far more than the value of those bids.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I'll bet you want them to void that auction and refund bids. Let me guess, the value of your bids used is greater than the value of the item being auctioned. If this auction is voided and your bids are returned then you win. You made your point --- helped cement your reputation --- as one who will go the distance no matter the cost so don't bid against me in the future. Plus if auction is voided and you get your bids back then you can use those bids to win items in the future worth far more than the value of that MacBook ----- worth far, far more than the value of those bids.

Actually, I've been watching and bidding on penny auctions for over 1.5 years now and when an auction server malfunctions they always void the auction and refund bidders, not award prizes to the two bidding at the end.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

cantthinkofone
  • cantthinkofone
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Actually, I've been watching and bidding on penny auctions for over 1.5 years now and when an auction server malfunctions they always void the auction and refund bidders, not award prizes to the two bidding at the end.

Perhaps, but in no way does that change the validity of my previous post.

cantthinkofone
  • cantthinkofone
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I've just got to ask. Do you honestlly believe that, had this auction closed for, say, $5.00, "realbidtowin" would be so graciously stating that in lieu of 2 MacBooks being awarded, the only ethical resolve is to void this auction and refund the bids?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Actually an auction on this very site the other day I won at less than 50% in it had a minor glitch and I had them void that auction, so the answer is YES. Does it matter who won what or how much was spent, the ethics remain the same.

A short while ago I won an Ipad on Sellmoo and it was a good deal for me, however I realized that their limits system had malfunctioned and it was 1 day off, they were not aware of it till I contacted them and volunteered the item back and asked them to cancel the auction.

Would you like more examples???

Like Amanda said any auction regardless of who is involved that has a major server malfunction the auction get voided EVERYTIME.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Received my refurb Sony Walkman MP3 player... looks brand new and sounds amazing! Thanks V4P!!!

cantthinkofone
  • cantthinkofone
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Actually an auction on this very site the other day I won at less than 50% in it had a minor glitch and I had them void that auction, so the answer is YES. Does it matter who won what or how much was spent, the ethics remain the same.

A short while ago I won an Ipad on Sellmoo and it was a good deal for me, however I realized that their limits system had malfunctioned and it was 1 day off, they were not aware of it till I contacted them and volunteered the item back and asked them to cancel the auction.

Would you like more examples???

Like Amanda said any auction regardless of who is involved that has a major server malfunction the auction get voided EVERYTIME.

I believe I hit a nerve. Did you have them void that auction, so you mean that they were unaware of the glitch until you pointed it out to them and then they just did not know what to do about it so therefore you insisted that they void it. I'm just curious, did it go like that or was it more like they informed you of glitch and that they were going to void it
I suspect that every good deed you have done in the pa world had underlying self-serving motives. Regarding the Sellmoo example, I'd bet my bottom dollar you knew going in that you were over the limit. You see, you are obviously a smart man who knows exactly what he is doing. I do not for one second believe that you were unaware of their win limits beforehand and I damn sure don't believe that you lost count of your wins and the time frame in which they occurred. You are obviously highly intelligent and quite savvy, a man who minds his details and as a result realizes success, well deserved success. There is no way a man such as this, such as yourself, exceeded the win limits without knowing full well beforehand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users