Started by NewComer , Sep 29 2010 07:01 PM

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

I just want my $25.00 walmart card I won in beta testing. :S I tired sending an email and it came back undeliverable. Maybe in all the above chapters there is a new address but I have no time to read all those. :smilielol5:

NewComer
  • NewComer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

If you are having trouble sending us an email then use our alternate email address at vacation4pennies@live.com

Thanks

UltF
  • UltF
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Best. Thread. Ever.

Amanda will you please make a poll, as was suggested? I spent all that time reading... now I want to get to vote!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I see the site name is changing to AUCTIONCOMBAT.COM
The site hasn't been sold, has it?

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Never mind...I saw the reply from Jim to EIS stating:

We have sold the majority interest of the company so I guess you can call it sold. The customer service is still the same people.
The new concept is video game related items only and it is marketed
towards the masses. No more .60 per bid
Bids will now only cost .25 each and the concept is to attract a lot more people risking just a little bit of money than being like swoopo, quibids, and everyone else.
All former Vacation4pennies customers have been transferred over
automatically and will be emailed on their options for the future.
Thanks
Jim at Vacation4pennies

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 30 October 2010 - 12:46 AM.
Removed url

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Never mind...I saw the reply from Jim to EIS stating:

We have sold the majority interest of the company so I guess you can call it sold. The customer service is still the same people.
The new concept is video game related items only and it is marketed
towards the masses. No more .60 per bid
Bids will now only cost .25 each and the concept is to attract a lot more people risking just a little bit of money than being like swoopo, quibids, and everyone else.
All former Vacation4pennies customers have been transferred over
automatically and will be emailed on their options for the future.
Thanks
Jim at Vacation4pennies

Wow....Anyone ever get an email about this?

I see they're already, the "#1auction site for video games, consoles & accessories." ????

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 30 October 2010 - 12:58 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

They had no choice after getting caught cheating. Still bidder should beware of this new site if it indeed has the same management. I do not get it what was there to sell??? the software had issues and the name was worthless. This will be an interesting one to watch.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

They didn't send out emails to customers yet.

Duster
  • Duster
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I recieved an e-mail this evening from Jim. Mine showed up in my junk mail so you may want to check there if you haven't received it yet. I copied the e-mail in case others did get it.

"Greetings from vacation4pennies (now auctioncombat.com)

We have just changed our name and our focus but not our great customer service.

Vacation4Pennies is now auctioncombat.com

There are many changes!

There is no more Buy It Now however bids are only .25 a piece now!

Instead of vacations our focus is now on video game systems, laptops and accessories

If you have any bids in your account and do not wish to participate in our new formula , drop us an email and let us know. We will refund you for any unused bids that you have purchased and close your account. However this is only for purchased bids, not bids that were awarded or credited to you.

Otherwise check out our new look and auctions. You are still an active member and we welcome your to try out our site at a fraction of what you use to pay for bids!

Auctioncombat.com is the game to play to win the game!

Come check us out."

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

If you are having trouble sending us an email then use our alternate email address at vacation4pennies@live.com

Thanks

thanks. i sent you another email.

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

How Interesting.....

I will NOT be investing any money in AuctionCombat.com I don't care if they have New Owners or not....

I was on Vacations4Pennies.com and was using my Yes... FREE BIDS to play but isn't that what they are to be used for... To PLAY?

I have Won items on other sites using my Free Bids and they let me pay the Final price fee and Shipping and Handling and then they SHIP the items to me and I have received them and then went back to the site and purchased bid packs to continue as a customer....

However... Vacations4Pennies on Oct. 30, 2010.... I was sent TWO emails from them stating I had WON the auctions and gave me the link to go Accept them and to Checkout.

When I clicked the link it took me to AuctionCombat.com and when I signed in with my Vactions4Pennies ID and Password it let me in and I tried to pay for my wins and went to a Sign In page for AuctionCombat.

Upon emailing JIM at Vacations4Pennies I was told there was a Technical Problem.... Oh let me show you his email:

-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/30/2010 11:37:43 AM
Subject: Re: Auction Closed and YOU WON!

Hi,

I am sorry to report that this is a know technical problem. Please go to
our help screen (top right tab) and scroll down to technical issues.

We apologize the disappointment you might feel, but you did not win these
auctions and the email was triggered by a bug in the system we are working
hard at fixing.

Thanks and have a great day.
Jim at Auctioncombat.com

Technical Problem.... my butt..... You notice the email was SENT from Vacations4Pennies.com but Jim signed it as AuctionCombat.com

I was NOT on AuctionCombat.com playing... I was on Vacations4Pennies.com and there was NO ERROR.... They CANCELED the auctions I was playing in and claim it was a Technical Problem with a bug..

Nope... Next email I get is the one that was just posted about the Name Change... Nothing about being SOLD or having new owners... Just they were changing their name.

That is NOT my problem.... and they should have NEVER EVER canceled LIVE AUCTIONS in progress... especially with BIDDERS playing....

It looks like to me they wanted to close up shop on Vacations4Pennies and open up FRESH because of a Bad Rap from other issues they were having and I've read on another thread here they were accused of almost the same exact thing a few weeks earlier... Closing auctions and Not sending out the items to the Legit High Bidders.

I've copied my WIN emails below ... As you can see I was the High Bidder and I did WIN those auctions..... They just didn't want to PAY UP and SEND OUT......

I got a really nasty email from Jim after I called my hubby's attorney and he told me that because I used FREE BIDS it didn't not count.... BOLOGNA
I have won on other sites with FREE BIDS and I bet a few of you have also....

Why the LIES.... Why the deceit..... Why push away customers that may stay on your site for a long time an invest additional money to play and most likely loose more than they win....???

I say STAY AWAY....... I don't trust them, Never will.... They don't play fair when it's not in their favor.... I don't care if it was Free Bids I used to win.... I still won.....

Here are my TWO winning emails... guys and gals... You make up your own minds, but I'm putting this site in my BAD STAY AWAY FILE!!!!

Booooooooooo !!!! :mad:

Date: 10/30/2010 8:32:15 AM
Subject: Auction Closed and YOU WON!

Dear K
Congratulations! You have won the following item through vacation4pennies.com.
AuctionID: 582 Auction Item Name: Apple iPod nano 8 GB Graphite (6th Gen) Winning Price: $0.03 Date You Won The Item: 10-30-2010
You must Accept or Deny the Auction Winning within 7 days from auction won date. To Accept or Deny this auction win please click here:
AuctionCombat.com - Video Game Auctions

AND

Date: 10/30/2010 6:46:44 AM
Subject: Auction Closed and YOU WON!

Dear K,
Congratulations! You have won the following item through vacation4pennies.com.
AuctionID: 574 Auction Item Name: Asus G60JX Gaming Laptop Winning Price: $0.06 Date You Won The Item: 10-30-2010
You must Accept or Deny the Auction Winning within 7 days from auction won date. To Accept or Deny this auction win please click here:
AuctionCombat.com - Video Game Auctions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users