Started by Cbaraglia , Oct 01 2010 12:13 AM

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

My account was placed under review less then 1 week after I inquired about the status of over $11,000 worth of items I won, dating as far back as 118 days as of today.

When I inquired why my account was placed under review, I was sent this message by the CEO:

Hello Claudia,
Thank you for your your email. We do appreciate you as our customer however we are obligated to do our best to keep For10cents.com as equal as possible and fair to all bidders. That requires constant review of activities on our portal as well as “outside” of it, including but not limited to Facebook, Penny Auction Watch etc. Your account came up under review due to certain information we collected. Be assured that we do appreciate you as an active customer and work hard to reasonably evaluate information to assure that our policies are respected by all bidders. As stated previously we will complete review within 7 to 10 business days and will contact you immediately.

Maciej Wilhelm
Chief Executive Officer
For10cents.com, Inc.
145 S. Northwest Hwy.
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Ph: (1773) 818-4645
for10cents.com | Welcome

I finally received a call today from the CEO. They accused me of collusion because of posts I made on the 4.10 thread here on PAW and on a Penny Auction Facebook page. He said that he “doesn’t authorize it’s users to post about 4.10″. Can you believe that? What right does he have to accuse me of collusion when I was just using my right to free speech. I have never posted a claim to a single item and have take care to avoid bidding on auctions my friends bidded on so I wouldn’t be accused of collusion. Nor does it state in their TOS that you are prohibited from discussing 4.10 on Facebook or PAW. That argument really goes out the window when 4.10 actually did an interview with PAW!!!

When I asked for proof , he said “he didn’t have to furnish it”. He then offered me a “deal”. They would void all my open, unshipped wins and refund me my bids. I have won $11,429.82 retail value. I have paid $5,309.41. Quite a deal for them I’d say. He then said, “If I wanted to, I could continue to use the site after I signed a paper stating that I accepted this deal”. By no means will I sign any such thing!!! It is really funny though how they shipped out the $200 gift cards and other smaller value items while holding back the laptops and cameras I have won. What a joke!!!

Come to talking with other “power” bidders, they are doing the same exact thing to them. 4.10 is looking for excuses not to pay what they owe people. They are committing fraud and I will do whatever means necessary to recover what has been stolen from me and 4.10 prosecuted to the full extent of the law!!!

JKDBlake
  • JKDBlake
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Sounds like 4.10 is a defunct site at this point. I assume I only got my items because I threatened PP dispute...what a shame, was a good site!

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

I wouldn't say they are defunct. I have received all the items that I've won, been bidding there since June 09.

Shipping has been painfully slow, but everything arrived. Never had to threaten, a phone call here and there, but that's about it.

Gift cards seem to come quicker than anything else. Personally, I've enjoyed the site.
I once used my dog to dry my hands... :blink:

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I wouldn't say they are defunct. I have received all the items that I've won, been bidding there since June 09.

Shipping has been painfully slow, but everything arrived. Never had to threaten, a phone call here and there, but that's about it.

Gift cards seem to come quicker than anything else. Personally, I've enjoyed the site.

Oh yeah..they were fast to ship items valued at $500 and lower. It falls within their daily spending budget. Win more than a few computers. See what happens. I know of at least 10 people who are currently placed "under review" because they have won too much. I was apparently the first one they tried to pull this with. The others are still waiting for their phone calls. Between us 10, they owe us $200K. I would be worried. Really worried. This is nothing but a ploy to not pay what they owe people.

wicked
  • wicked
  • Members
  • 551 posts

actually I've won 4 laptops, 3 netbooks, 3 digital slr cameras, a 42" flat screen tv, blu ray surround system, a $1000 gift card, a $500 gift card, 3 iphones, several itouch's, a couple of game systems and numerous gift cards (all the gift cards are helping put my twins thru college!) , a bunch of coach bags and more, probably retailing over $40,000 (never actually added it up! LOL) and have received all of it. (still working on getting an ipad, I haven't had any luck with them!!)

With that being said, I'm not worried at the moment, but I will always pay attention to what's going on at a site that I participate in and how they deal with their bidders.

that's just my opinion, but I do hope you get things straightened out with them :)
I once used my dog to dry my hands... :blink:

nuttyjellybean
  • nuttyjellybean
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

actually I've won 4 laptops, 3 netbooks, 3 digital slr cameras, a 42" flat screen tv, blu ray surround system, a $1000 gift card, a $500 gift card, 3 iphones, several itouch's, a couple of game systems and numerous gift cards (all the gift cards are helping put my twins thru college!) , a bunch of coach bags and more, probably retailing over $40,000 (never actually added it up! LOL) and have received all of it. (still working on getting an ipad, I haven't had any luck with them!!)

With that being said, I'm not worried at the moment, but I will always pay attention to what's going on at a site that I participate in and how they deal with their bidders.

that's just my opinion, but I do hope you get things straightened out with them :)

I too have won and received many items from 410.

Some wins took a longgggg time to arrive however, as of late they have been really great with timely shipping.

Yesterday, I received ship confirmation for 4 more items.
Fingers crossed that it keeps up!!!

I really hope everything works out for all of you having problems. Best of luck!
Cheers! :-54-:

DirtyD
  • DirtyD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Deleted my message for now...

~DirtyD

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Wow, that's great!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

claireub
  • claireub
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I spend quite hundreds of $ on a new site, then found out it's scam with shill bidders. Paypal denied my claim since they only cover tangible goods. What else can I do? Please help! Filing with IC3 is useful to get my money back?

I saw one of your post that you are an attorney and know how things work, but cannot find that post, could you please contact me?

Thank you.

Trace2Win
  • Trace2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Attention everyone on this thread. No matter what fake reviews you might read on this thread about someone supposedly recieving tons and tons of computers, digital cameras, iphones, etc ... THE FACTS ARE that for10cents.com is a complete SCAM and they are not sending out the things that you win. You will never receive what you "won." They have stolen your money, that is what they do. It's planned that way from the start. They are not "behind on shipping" but rather, they planned all along that they would never buy and ship any items to you. See this web page that I found? www.3rip.com It tells all about what scam they are running.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I too have won and received many items from 410.

Some wins took a longgggg time to arrive however, as of late they have been really great with timely shipping.

Yesterday, I received ship confirmation for 4 more items.
Fingers crossed that it keeps up!!!

I really hope everything works out for all of you having problems. Best of luck!

Did you guys seriously receive your items? Did you receive them recently. When did you win these items? I have almost $460000 in wins I am waiting on since November 2010. Some of them are holiday bundles for last christmas. Is anyone doing anything about it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you are in touch with an attorney to get your wins. I would like to hire the same attorney and it will be worth it for the attorney to file a claim.

mattw
  • mattw
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello,
As for10cents.com's CEO, I would like to thank you for your continued support. We do understand that some of our users are upset because of the shipping delays and I sincerely apologize for that. Also, we are paying annual interest to all who are waiting for their shipments at this time. Yes, we have been through some tough times, but things are starting to look much better and soon we should be able to catch up with EVERY aspect of our business. We assure you that we are fully committed to fulfill every obligation to our customers.

Best regards,
For10cents.com

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hello,
As for10cents.com's CEO, I would like to thank you for your continued support. We do understand that some of our users are upset because of the shipping delays and I sincerely apologize for that. Also, we are paying annual interest to all who are waiting for their shipments at this time. Yes, we have been through some tough times, but things are starting to look much better and soon we should be able to catch up with EVERY aspect of our business. We assure you that we are fully committed to fulfill every obligation to our customers.

Best regards,
For10cents.com

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!
Then, I will believe him. Till then words don't mean anything.

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Did you guys seriously receive your items? Did you receive them recently. When did you win these items? I have almost $460000 in wins I am waiting on since November 2010. Some of them are holiday bundles for last christmas. Is anyone doing anything about it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you are in touch with an attorney to get your wins. I would like to hire the same attorney and it will be worth it for the attorney to file a claim.

Raj, did you mean to have 4 zeros in that number, or was it supposed to be 3 zeros?

Either way, it is impressive, especially if it is 4 zeros!!

Trace2Win
  • Trace2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Do you notice the careful choice of words here? Nowhere does he actually say, "everyone will receive everything they have won."
Allow me to disect this vague attempt at sounding legit. I will do so with all my text in Bold Print.

"As for10cents.com's CEO, I would like to thank you for your continued support." -Of course he thanks everyone. For10Cents has done nothing but taken everyones money and sent nothing back in return. Who wouldn't thank the people for their free money!

"We do understand that some of our users are upset because of the shipping delays and I sincerely apologize for that." -It's actually not shipping delays. It's not shipping at all. After 1 month it's not fair to be able to still call it a "delay." Some people are still waiting after 1 YEAR for things to be shipped! Can you really call that a "delay?" I think not. The proper term for it is fraud. It's called "not shipping at all, ever."

"Also, we are paying annual interest to all who are waiting for their shipments at this time." -Wow, they are amazing (sarcasm) with this promise to pay 2% of what you won, rather then actually send you the $600.00 item that you won. I'll go out on a limb to say that the only ones getting these small meaningless "hush money" checks are the people that have time to call, email and complain every day. Not everyone is receiving these checks. I know I have not, and I got that same email saying they would send it to me, one month ago!

"Yes, we have been through some tough times, but things are starting to look much better and soon we should be able to catch up with EVERY aspect of our business." -What the heck rough times could they have gone through? They've sold bid packs for money dating back 2 years. They've brought in tons of money from trusting customers. They should use that money to purchase and ship all the products people have won! The only ones going through tough times are the bidders on their site. The bidders are paying but not receiving. Don't give us the "tough times" song and dance.
Notice how he says "we SHOULD be able to catch up" (nothing difinitive. the word "should" leaves it open for failure). Do you notice how he says "with every aspect of our business?" ... instead of saying "with shipping out everything everyone has won." He's very careful not to say that they will ship things out. Why? Because they don't plan on shipping you anything. This entire announcement is just a stalling tactic and very vague promises that cannot be used against him legally in the future because its worded very carefully.

"We assure you that we are fully committed to fulfill every obligation to our customers."
-He says "we're fully committed" instead of saying "we will send you what we owe you." Again, a perfect choice of words that doesn't hold any weight. Guess what. I'm "fully commited" to buying everyone on earth a dinner at outback steak house. When you see me fail to do that, all I will have to say to you is "well i was committed but it didn't work out."

Edited by Trace2Win, 12 October 2011 - 02:11 AM.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Raj, did you mean to have 4 zeros in that number, or was it supposed to be 3 zeros?

Either way, it is impressive, especially if it is 4 zeros!!

Bighump,
Yeah typo there. It should have been 3 zeros.

Trace2Win
  • Trace2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Bighump,
Yeah typo there. It should have been 3 zeros.

Wow! You are saying that for10cents.com owes you $46,000 worth of merchandise!!! ... dating back as far as 1 year?
My goodness man I'm so sorry to hear that. I feel for you I really do.

You need to check out this thread: http://www.pennyauct...0cents-com.html
www.pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/introduce-yourself/16044-for10cents-com.html
... and have a little chat with the user called bound4. He seems to think 410cents means well and that they will take care of everyone very soon.

rfb1
  • rfb1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Another week over, no stuff from them *sigh*

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

What's 4.10?

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

What's 4.10?

for10cents.com.. a site to stay away from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users