bids feedback new auction powerhouse won

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I just joined powerhousebids.com today. They are offering 20 free bids just to join, so I couldn't pass that up.

Starting off, the site had a couple gliches with timers and what not. Most winners/bidders are just a handful of names.

I read a few past customer reviews, and most of them were not positive, but I had 20 free bids, so why not give it a try.

I placed 2 bids on an auction for a Wii. I won with the second bid. I got my confirmation email that I won the auction. I emailed them to please confirm winning price.

Most people say they cannot get a phone # for the site, but I was able to talk to live help via IM and get a phone #.

Has anyone had any experience with this site? I will follow up with what happens with this auction. I'm planning on paying for the item on Monday and the live help said they usually are able to get items out 2 days after confirmed payment.

This seems like it could be an ok site if they would just put a little time into correcting the few bugs I witnessed.

I'll keep everyone posted, but a little feedback about this site would be good too!

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Hey Bidshark, please read all my posts...one in here yesterday and do a search on them in here or redflag thread.....You Are Not Gonna Like What I have been going through with them!!!!!! by the way, the weekends here, so I have not talked to anyone, and have not received my bid packs, and the funds have been taken out of my bank account,some twice, some three times....hoping to hear something Monday!

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

This is not good.
I am sorry bad things are happening to you and I appreciate your honest opinions and tips.
There have been so many bad reviews, but every now and then I find a great review of how someone received their wins within a couple weeks of paying for their auctions.
This is so...:(heartbreaking:(....I guess that's the best word to describe it.
Everyone is always searching for their BIG WIN and this was my biggest so far and so close to Christmas.
I think I'll have to take all the bad reviews for what they are and not hope for a miracle. I think I'll pass this win and this site up.
Thanks for getting my head on straight! :)

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Shame on you BidShark, I went by to see if my bids where in there yet...no, but I was hoping...as I said it could have been a good site...a got the feeling when they came back on and didn't have high end electronics...I see they are still adding new items though...I just don't get it. But if you read this tonight....go back in and look, before you won the wii some dude won 5 items in a row, all for under a buck, and if that isn't weird, you're only allowed 3 in 24 hours and 15 a month. This is what I won...a $250 visa, a 50 best buy , 100 visa and 300 bid pack which I got. I had competition so thought it was legit and timers were working good. I don't have one bid left and you know....didn't get my 50 bids yet......I don't think I will, but if I get my stuff, I'll let you know....I won last Monday and Tuesday.

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

PennyWatcher, you seem to like to "shame" people alot. I feel no shame, I just wish I would have believed the reviews before I got my hopes up.

I just logged into my account today and my "win" was GONE. I closed my account and got out of there.

WARNING to anyone thinking this site is legit. WWW.POWERHOUSEBIDS.COM IS A SCAM! Do not give them your money!

itsallido
  • itsallido
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey guys! I found this site a few days ago and tryed it won a $50 giftcard the first night and was happy didn't expect to see this many problems! Lol and I am the one who had the 5 wins in a row! I did nothing to do that I put a bid in for each one and they all had hours left till end of auction, I log in like 20 minutes later and it said I won all of them? Very weird! So idk if I'm gonna be able to get those prizes or not? Anybody have a number for the site?

itsallido
  • itsallido
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey guys! I joined powerhousebids too! And I am the one who won the five auctions in a row.....idk how I did it, all I did was place a bid on five auction that weren't supposed to end for like 5 hours and I check like 20 minutes later and it said I won all of them? Weird!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

LOL.... yeaaa right I wish that would happen to me! :P

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Well.. I THOUGHT I had won an xbox for 30 bids and about 3.50. Said "GONE" and everything! Even have the screen shot. That was all great, until the bots kept going?!?! :S Grrr

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Well.. I THOUGHT I had won an xbox for 30 bids and about 3.50. Said "GONE" and everything! Even have the screen shot. That was all great, until the bots kept going?!?! :S Grrr

This site is VERY frustrating! I was bidding on an iphone today. Each time I bid a new bidder would jump in. It said gone about 3 times, I got tired of the scenario and quit. Right after that a new bidder was in and nobody else bid after that, the auction ended...Pretty Lame:(
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Mark Twain

Foopile_Jim
  • Foopile_Jim
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Hi bidshark
Nice win today on that speaker set..hehe

tmcclearen
  • tmcclearen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Powerhousebids.com is up for sale on flippa.com so maybe with new owner things will improve.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Powerhousebids.com is up for sale on flippa.com so maybe with new owner things will improve.

Hi tmcclearen, thanks for letting us know and :welcome: to PAW!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bids, feedback, new auction, powerhouse, won

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users