• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

williamxbids
  • williamxbids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

williamx
I am still waiting for a working telephone number for this company. The address of this company and the name of the CEO. Also the first day I complained by email they asked for my telephone number so some one from xbids will call me back. It is one month already and I am still waiting for the call.
I would like the above information to be posted on this site. If not then you are part of this scam.

Hello gmm,
I am really sorry for the delay, if you can give me your xbids username, I will make sure your issue gets resolved.

Krash4882
  • Krash4882
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just joined the site yesterday. I won a couple of auctions for voucher bids and participated in some other ones. I did see a MacBook Pro laptop go for $45 and an iPod Nano 16GB go for $11.70.

NOTE - it's set up as a "going once, going twice" style, and that's why it resets back up to 15 seconds every time there's a new bid (I didn't see that explained anywhere else in this forum).

However, I did see a lot of the issues people have brought up here as well. The timers are very sketchy. Sometimes they stall or skip numbers. Sometimes they go down to 1 and then back to 15 with a new bid, but usually you have to get a bid in when the clock is at 2 or the auction will close. I hate it when the clock stops at 2, then pops back to 14 seconds with 3 different bids. So yes, it gets pretty frustrating and makes you wonder what's going on. And there always seems to be a new bidder or two late in the auction. But you have to remember, tons of people are watching these auctions and know what the value of these items are and simply wait to get in until the bids get up. I wouldn't say it's a complete scam. It's just not easy to win - but how easy should it be to win a $1500 laptop?

I haven't yet won anything that had to be shipped to me, so we'll see how that goes if I happen to get lucky.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Can you post the telephone number and address and name of the CEO of Xbids on this page please. It should not be a secret. Then you will not need to treat hundrends of complaints individualy. Even the investigation unit of my credit card company can not get in touch with Xbids by phone.
Thanks

nogame9879
  • nogame9879
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This is per the BBB website...

Business Contact and Profile for XBids.com

Name:XBids.comPhone:(888) 649-2437Address:One Market Street
Spear Tower 35th FloorSan Francisco, CA 94105Email Address:almedin@xbids.comFile Open Date:November 2010Type of Business:Auctioneers, Internet Auction ServiceBBB Accreditation:XBids.com is not a BBB Accredited business.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

This is per the BBB website...

Business Contact and Profile for XBids.com

Name:XBids.comPhone:(888) 649-2437Address:One Market Street
Spear Tower 35th FloorSan Francisco, CA 94105Email Address:almedin@xbids.comFile Open Date:November 2010Type of Business:Auctioneers, Internet Auction ServiceBBB Accreditation:XBids.com is not a BBB Accredited business.

1 888 649 2437 is a computer generated anwering service with a message that they are not answering this telephone number and one can only get in touch with them by email. Me and my Credit card company investigative service has been calling this number for four weeks without success.
The small claims court needs the name of the CEO so he can be send a subpoena to defend his misleading business. He can of course send his attorney to appear in court on his behalf.
So if you can find out the name of the CEO and the registered address ( this is the third address of the company I have been told) and a working telephone number it will be appreciated

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

william X.
Read this report about xbids on BBB website.
BBB has given F rating to xbids. ( can not be any worse)
Read this statement about xbids by BBB " The address that xbids provides is that of a virtual office which means that they rent space and facilities with other companies and there are no employees at that location"
The BBB has also determined that the telephone number of xbids 1 888 649 2437 is a fake number. One market street
spear tower 35th. floor
san francisco, ca 94105. is a virtual address.
williamx seems to be a virtual person employed by the owner of this internet scam.
Every body who has been scammed by xbids must dispute the fraudulent charges by xbids. Send the BBB investgation report to your credit card company or bank and make them reverse the charges by xbids

pv1976
  • pv1976
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Here's my story.
I am not a big 'penny auction site' player. So far I've played only on two websites - beezid and xbids. I've won few items on both sites (but not very profitable considering the time and effort that you've to put). Beezid had shipped the items fast, though I've lost money on Beezid.
xBids had some technical glitches earlier and they were a little slow on shipping. But now I've received most of the items from xBids and the customer service person did compensate (with free 200 bids) for one technical glitch that I experienced. Right now I am a satisfied customer. I do agree they don't have a ph number where you can speak to someone. I am assuming they may be a start up company with few employees. But as long as my issues get resolved through emails, I don't mind.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

PV1976.
Do you think people should listen to you or the BBB which has investigated Xbids and has given XBids F rating.( nothing lower than F rating) BBB after thorough investigation has determined that the address XBIDS provides is a virtual address which means it is only an internet site whitout any employees. BBB has also determined that the telephone number 1 888 649 2437 is a fake computer number. No body knows who is the owner or CEO of this company.
I hope people have more common sense and trust BBB than the message from PV1976 which for all we know may be part of this scam. Even my credit card company's investigative department has invetigated XBIDS and credited my account for $75. Read all the hundreds of complaints about XBIDS on google and other complaint sites.

ready2chang
  • ready2chang
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What should I say if I were to report to my bank? I used my debit card.

ready2chang
  • ready2chang
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I smell scam after I saved couple of ended item and it always won by buddy-bid which is setup by the site.

pv1976
  • pv1976
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

PV1976.
Do you think people should listen to you or the BBB which has investigated Xbids and has given XBids F rating.( nothing lower than F rating) BBB after thorough investigation has determined that the address XBIDS provides is a virtual address which means it is only an internet site whitout any employees. BBB has also determined that the telephone number 1 888 649 2437 is a fake computer number. No body knows who is the owner or CEO of this company.
I hope people have more common sense and trust BBB than the message from PV1976 which for all we know may be part of this scam. Even my credit card company's investigative department has invetigated XBIDS and credited my account for $75. Read all the hundreds of complaints about XBIDS on google and other complaint sites.

I was just sharing my experience and not advising anyone on anything. I don't care either way.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Say that you were scammed by this XBIDS company with misleading and false information. Give a copy of BBB report to your bank. Your bank will credit your account. They will get money back from XBIDS.Back up your claim with XBIDS having no telephone number or only a virtual office and illegally resetting the time by 15 seconds till almost every body runs out of their $75.

nogame9879
  • nogame9879
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have only tried to use Xbids twice. Before i decided to open an account, I had read what I thought was a legit story from an 'investigative reporter', about her 'trial experience' to see if the site was legit...I believe it now to only have been an advertising tool to get people to look at the site, and subsequently try it out. Well, I (like many I'm sure) was lured in by how easy everything seemed. I watched auctions, read ALL of the terms, and felt like I had a good understanding of the site. So I opened an account...$75 for 125 bids (.60 cents per bid), and took the advice of the site. I started slow with a small auction for a 25 bid voucher, which I amazingly won with three bids, against two other bidders, for only 20 cents. Here is one of the kickers...in addition to the 20 cents, I was also charged a .99 cent 'transaction fee'. So far, I'd invested $76.19 and all I had to this point was 142 bids. I piddled around for a while bidding on all of the 'good' stuff (tvs, ipads, etc.) and that's when I realized the 15 second rule. I quickly realized that in addition to selling these bid packages, this is how the site is able to make its money back on these items, plus their profit. By reseting the clock back to 15 seconds after each bid within that 15 seconds, the price of the item gets subtley driven up. The ONLY way to win one these auctions is to be lucky enough to bid at the moment everyone else either gives up or runs out of bids. So unless you are willing to spend an additional $75 or more on additional bids (which many people do), you don't really stand a chance at winning the 'good' items that everyone is after.
Here's a thought....one of the 42" Flat Screen Tvs retails for say $1200...now say there are 25 consistant bidders on the TV, all of whom have paid $75 for bid packages, 25x75=$1875. Xbids has already made a $675 profit on this TV, so when the auction ends and the TV 'sells' for say $150, that's just additional profit for a total of $825. From an 'Xbids' standpoint...its a pretty ingenious concept.

Well after realizing this, I was down to about 110 bids, and I started losing confidence and interest in the entire process. All of the 'conspirecy theories' started to run through my head about how the site controls the auctions, cheats, etc. So ultimately i gave up and decided to just use up my bids on one item and be done with the whole thing. I started bidding on one the Craftsman Tool Kits (retail $169). I tried the Bid Buddy system and quickly found that was just a way to waist bids (another ingenious and subtle way the site makes money). Well, when I had 89 bids left, I started placing single bids on the item, but only at times when there was no one using the Bid Buddy. If you try to out bid someone using the Bid Buddy, you are only waisting your own bids...I was letting others bid against the Bid Buddy and saving mine. Anyway, as with any of those auctions, I knew this one could go on for a while, so I was prepared to run out of bids at some point. Much to my surprise the clock actually ran out and showed me to be the winner. I won the auction for $9.72, supposedly saving $159...I went to check out and of course there was a $10.99 shipping fee. So the total amount of money I was paying for this item was $20.71. I had 3 bids left when I won.
My total investment in this site and this auction was $96.90 (bid package, 25 bid voucher auction, and Tool Kit auction).
I guess in the big picture, I won a $169 Tool Kit for $96.90, which makes me one of the lucky ones....
HOWEVER, according to the site's Terms and Conditions, they say that WON Items are shipped within 2-4 business days. I won my tool kit on 12/2/2010 and for 5 business days it showed "awaiting shipment" in my Xbids account. I tried the 'Contact Us' feature to inquire about my item and for some reason I kept getting an automated response "Server down. Webmaster notified", and my emails were NOT being sent. I immediately began to believe that this site WAS in fact scamming people, since there was NO way to contact them after spending your money.
That's how I ended up on this forum. I googled information about Xbids and read complaints, and finally I found the contact information which I posted above in another post. I emailed BOTH of the addresses listed and pretty much immediately received responses from Customer Support. Both responses seemed to be 'automated' types of answers so I was still unsure about my situation. Both said that the shipping department was behind due to holidays. As of today 12/15/2010, I STILL have not received my Tool Kit. However I did finally get an email from Xbids saying that it was shipped....BUT there was no tracking information provided.
IF i get my item in the next week or so, i will be satisfied...HOWever I will NEVER use the site again, because of the hassle. Its way more work than its worth!

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted Image
ghaus m. says:
1 second ago

when you look at XBIDS site and see bidding going on it is clearly shown on the auction site that the time left for bidding on a certain item is say one hour and thirty minutes. How ever during the last 15 seconds their computer program takes over and will keep on restting the clock by 15 seconds again and again. This clearly is a misleading and fraudulent advertisement by XBIDS. No legitimate auction site like EBAY or BIDZ.COM does that.
If you want to get in touch with XBIDS for some reason you look at your monthly credit card statement you see a toll free number to get in touch with them. However when you call that number they have supplied to the credit card company you find out that the telephone number is a fake computer generated answering service telling you that you can not get in touch with them on that number which they have clearly supplied to the credit card company for that purpose. This again is a misleading and fraudulent practice by XBIDS.
When BBB investigated XBIDS because of too many consumer complaints they found out that XBIDS does not have physical business address and the address they advertise in San Francisco is only a virtual office and there are no employees at that site.
If all this is not a scam and fraud being committed by XBIDS against non suspecting public then I am not sure what the definition of fraud is. This is a ponzie scheme ripping off gullable public.
Any one who paid by credit card should dispute these charges with their credit card conmpany with the above informaation and the credit card company will take money back from XBIDS account and credit back your account. I did that with my CC company and got my money back

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I am very surprised that people keep on confusing live auctions where when the auctioneer picks up an item for auction to begin he NEVER announces that the bidding time for this item is exactly so many hours and minutes and seconds. He pickes up the item and people start bidding and the auctioneer when he thinks his reasonable price is achieved announces " going once , going twice, sold" or withdraws the item. I repeat I have never heard the auctioneer stating before the item is picked up that this auction will close in exact so many minutes or seconds.
In case of XBIDS scam site the time remaining for the auction to finish is written in red and capital letters in hours , minutes and seconds before the bidding starts it clearly means that one must bid during that fixed time and the last bidder will get the item. and then to keep on resetting the clock is a fraudulent practice. XBIDS must not show the clock ticking showing the time left for bidding is exactly so many seconds left and then keep on extending the time by 15 seconds again and again till almost every body runs out of their $ 75. ( especially when the bidder is made to believe he is only bidding one cent higher than the last bidder) This is like comparing apples with oranges. I can not believe people can be so gullable on these message boards.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

nogame9879
please let us know when you get your tool kit. Today is december 21st.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Just saw a message on another site that FCC is investigating XBIDS. If any one knows more about this please post it here.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Just saw a news article that an attorney in San Francisco is sueing these spam and scam site.
Please send him an email about your complaints aginst XBIS.com and I hope he will start a class action law suit against XBIDS.com
his email address is.
danhatesspam@danbalsam.com

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you” or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days”.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember… Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck… Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson – Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/1/2010 8:12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here:
XBIDS | Rip-off Report: 667244.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XBIDS

Search for additional reports If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Posted Image Search Tips

Search Tips

In order to assure the best results in your search:
  • Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
  • Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
  • Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
  • Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.

Posted Image

Report & Rebuttal

Respond to this report! Posted Image

What's This?

Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Victim of this person/company? Posted Image

What's This?

Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!

Repair Your Reputation Posted Image

What's This?

Got Reports filed against you? Resolve the issues and rebuild trust through our Corporate Advocacy Program.
Corporate Advocacy Program: The best way to manage and repair your business reputation. Hiding negative complaints is only a Band-Aid. Consumers want to see how businesses take care of business. All businesses will get complaints. How those businesses take care of those complaints is what separates good businesses from bad businesses.

REBUTTALS & REPLIES: 1Author 1Consumer 0Employee

Posted Image

Consumer Comment

Respond to this report! Posted Image

What's This?

Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

All of these "penny auction" sites are scams...

Ronny g - North hollywood (, USA)

SUBMITTED: Thursday, December 02, 2010 POSTED: Thursday, December 02, 2010
..they are scams from the get go..because they do not fully disclose that they are for gambling and entertainment purposes only rather then what they imply..an "alternative to retail shopping"...and, they use fake news reports to induce more suckers to sign up.

However, if they charged your account..you HAD to have submitted [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]account [COLOR=blue !important]information[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. There is NO WAY for them to guess this or find this laying around.

Just submitting your email address alone can not authorize them to charge your account, nor can it give them this kind of critical information so cut the bull****.

Here is what you state and I quote.." I went to website and canceled immediately upon receiving email from
Xbids. I do not know how you can cancel something you never indicated
you wanted to join!"

Well why would you have had to cancel ANYTHING if you did not join?

Look..get real..we all know you messed up and fell sucker to this scam, like thousands of others have..no shame..

Here is how you get your [COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]money [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]back[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]...

USE the internet this time to your advantage..and not as a sucker...search online..this website, complaints..BBB etc..and print out as much documentation as you can regarding this scam gambling website.

Submit this documentation (by [COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]printing[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] it out) to your bank as PROOF they are conducting fraud, and DEMAND they reverse the charges.

>
Posted Image http://d1.openx.org/...c7d&r_ts=le858n

Posted Image
http://www.ripoffrep...GetRevenge.png http://www.ripoffrep..._Oxi-Fresh.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...18x88_HCMM.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...icchi_Book.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...WorldPools.gif http://www.ripoffrep...00LoanMart.gif http://www.ripoffrep..._Cash4Gold.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...GetRevenge.png http://www.ripoffrep..._Oxi-Fresh.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...18x88_HCMM.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...icchi_Book.jpg http://www.ripoffrep...WorldPools.gif http://www.ripoffrep...00LoanMart.gif http://www.ripoffrep..._Cash4Gold.jpg

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

http://c3.openx.org/...109ac22979a.jpg http://d1.openx.org/...330&r_ts=le858o

http://c3.openx.org/...dd7f2cacfe7.jpg http://d1.openx.org/...106&r_ts=le858o

http://media.go2spee...s/89/ALP-02.gif

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

gmm
I apologize if I'm misunderstanding you, but are you very familiar with Penny Auctions? No, they aren't like Ebay or Bidz.com. You keep complaining about the timer resetting another 15 seconds when someone bids. That is how PA sites run. I'm not familiar with Xbids and couldn't look as it is under maintenance. But another site, SkoreIt for example, says something like 33 minutes left. The auction won't end in exactly 33 minutes(unless no one bids). As the time gets closer to 0, people start bidding, and with each bid the timer is set back anywhere from 10 seconds to even 2 minutes, depending on the site, the auction and how far into the auction it is, 15 seconds in the case of Xbids. and yes, with each bid it keeps resetting, ending only when the timer makes it all the way to 0 without another bid. Some seem to go on forever. This is generally explained in the "how it works" or "FAQ" somewhere on the site. It is adviseable to study and read everything you can find before getting involved in Penny Auctions. Like I said, if we aren't on the same page, I apologize.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

nogame9879, I think it's safe to say that Penny Auctions are not for you. Though no one loves them, transaction fees and shipping charges are fairly standard practice. A few offer free shipping, which is often a deciding factor for me when choosing where to bid. At first I thought they were all making money head over heels too. But generally, when you average it out, that big item that turned a big profit made up for a dozen others that sold way under retail. BTW, most would advise a newbie NOT to start out trying to win TV's and Ipads, etc. but rather some smaller items with less competition. If you go in with the idea of winning a $1200 TV for $10, you will be sorely disappointed. For what sounds like, very little homework or experience you actually didn't come out of it too bad at all. Don't know if/when you ended up getting your prize, but shipping in December is anyones nightmare. I'm not leaning one way or the other about Xbids, I've never bid there, in fact hadn't even heard of them until tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users