Started by pugluv , Oct 24 2010 05:24 AM

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

This is the letter I sent to the AG of California and peolple who agree with this statement can print it and send it to AG of california.
To,
The AG of California
Please investigate xbids.com a penny auction site. They are running a ponzie scheme.
This business has no physical address and has only a virtual office address without any employees. No body can find out who is the owner or CEO of this company. The website is registered by proxy to hide the identity of the owner of this company.
The telephone number they list on the customer's monthly Credit card statement is a computer generated answering service informing the customer that no body can get in touch with them on that telephone number.
Although they advertise that one can win a product at huge discount they do not have any product to ship or a warehouse from where to ship. They charge $75 to join the bidding but then interfere with the time clock in the last 15 seconds again and again to mislead the bidder.
Although the bidding price is shown to go up by one cent at a time the owner of this website actually collects 60 cents per bid.
Example I won $100 walmart gift card for $40. This means there were 4000 bids at one cents each which equals ( 4000 x 60 cents=$2400) which the owner of this website pockets and the only thing he does for that $2400 is order $100 gift card from walmart and tell walmart to ship it directly to the winner. So Xbids collects $2400 for one phone call to walmart. And every body has to put up $75 to join this ponzie scheme and only person who always wins is the owner of this ponzie scheme.
This is a pure and simple ponzie scheme run by owners of xbids. In the last few months they must have made millions by this ponzie scheme.
No physical address, no telephone number and no goods to deliver. False and misleading advertisement. It seems like one smart scam artist with one computer in his garage is running this whole ponzie scheme and scamming millions of dollars from unsuspecting public.
Please see BBB investigative report on XBIDS and also hundreds of complaints about xbids on goole complaint site.
Please shut this pnzie sceme down and take the owners of this site ( if you can find them) to court.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

hey guy you do no that this is how all auction sites work 99% of them do not charge you to join buy you buy the bid packs and you bid this is how the site make money.i witness a gift card close over 150 dollars yesturday it went up 10 cent a pop you cant hate a sight for how much profite they make on a auction.i would not be reading this post if you won the card for a penny and the owner lost his a$$ on it .im not on the site or no the site but this is how every site work and im sure that when you click the term box next time read it before jump into somthing

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

gmm- please take a chill pill and a deep breathe before you blow a gasket. It sounds like you did not study the website well at all before you jumped in. No one forced you to buy those bids, which is what you bought, not a membership. Like I explained in my previous post on page 1, resetting the clock when a new bid comes in is standard practice in Penny Auctions. They don't generally have a warehouse of items on hand ready to ship. A majority of items are shipped straight from Amazon.com., gift cards are purchased as they are won. Many don't have a bunch of employees, or any. I've never seen a $100 gift card go as high as $40, have you? Look at a few sites, I don't see them getting all that rich, in fact I sometimes wonder how some stay open. True, some may rake in a good profit on a large ticket item or 2, but overall that is what makes up for the 12 auctions that lost money. I don't own a site, or have any connection to any- I just try to take a broad look at things before I scream fraud. Now if they aren't answering email, can't be reached, or don't sent prizes- NO that is NOT cool at all. But IF per chance someone is making money, get over your jealousy or whatever. You're starting to sound very small and narrow-minded. Could you say "ponzie scheme" one more time in case we didn't hear it? or is that your new vocabulary word for the day?
As for the people on those complaint sites screaming scam at Penny Auctions-maybe 10% didn't receive their winnings. The rest didn't read the site terms, how it works, or FAQ's before they handed over their credit card info and agreed to buy bids, while still thinking they were going to win a TV for 1.52 like they saw on that ad, AND have it shipped free. The more I read of your posts, the more you sound like one of those. Many people got "took" for $149 from Swipebids for what was referred to as a "membership" which included a certain number of bids. If they had read ALL of the info like I did they would have known about the $149 charge before handing over their credit card info. I didn't have that hard a time finding it.
I've won some great deals. I've also lost more money than I care to think about. A few times the site folded and I never got my winnings.
When I did get duped, I hadn't taken the extra time to check out the sites credibility.
you stated: " And every body has to put up $75 to join this ponzie scheme and only person who always wins is the owner of this ponzie scheme." Again you aren't "joining" like a membership, and no one HAS to put up anything. You simply jumped in without first learning how this worked. You like Penny Auctions, or you don't. Because you're a sore loser, do you feel you have to shut them all down and take away the fun from those who do? I've spent most of the past year recovering from 3 major back surgeries, and still can't walk very far due to osteoporosis and other complications. Penny Auctions became "my thing" during this time. Many days it was the only reason I could find to work my way out of the recliner and start another day. It sounds like I may be facing another surgery or two, so don't mess with my bright spot because you didn't look into what you were getting into.

jewiley
  • jewiley
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

gmm- please take a chill pill and a deep breathe before you blow a gasket. It sounds like you did not study the website well at all before you jumped in. No one forced you to buy those bids, which is what you bought, not a membership. Like I explained in my previous post on page 1, resetting the clock when a new bid comes in is standard practice in Penny Auctions. They don't generally have a warehouse of items on hand ready to ship. A majority of items are shipped straight from Amazon.com., gift cards are purchased as they are won. Many don't have a bunch of employees, or any. I've never seen a $100 gift card go as high as $40, have you? Look at a few sites, I don't see them getting all that rich, in fact I sometimes wonder how some stay open. True, some may rake in a good profit on a large ticket item or 2, but overall that is what makes up for the 12 auctions that lost money. I don't own a site, or have any connection to any- I just try to take a broad look at things before I scream fraud. Now if they aren't answering email, can't be reached, or don't sent prizes- NO that is NOT cool at all. But IF per chance someone is making money, get over your jealousy or whatever. You're starting to sound very small and narrow-minded. Could you say "ponzie scheme" one more time in case we didn't hear it? or is that your new vocabulary word for the day?
As for the people on those complaint sites screaming scam at Penny Auctions-maybe 10% didn't receive their winnings. The rest didn't read the site terms, how it works, or FAQ's before they handed over their credit card info and agreed to buy bids, while still thinking they were going to win a TV for 1.52 like they saw on that ad, AND have it shipped free. The more I read of your posts, the more you sound like one of those. Many people got "took" for $149 from Swipebids for what was referred to as a "membership" which included a certain number of bids. If they had read ALL of the info like I did they would have known about the $149 charge before handing over their credit card info. I didn't have that hard a time finding it.
I've won some great deals. I've also lost more money than I care to think about. A few times the site folded and I never got my winnings.
When I did get duped, I hadn't taken the extra time to check out the sites credibility.
you stated: " And every body has to put up $75 to join this ponzie scheme and only person who always wins is the owner of this ponzie scheme." Again you aren't "joining" like a membership, and no one HAS to put up anything. You simply jumped in without first learning how this worked. You like Penny Auctions, or you don't. Because you're a sore loser, do you feel you have to shut them all down and take away the fun from those who do? I've spent most of the past year recovering from 3 major back surgeries, and still can't walk very far due to osteoporosis and other complications. Penny Auctions became "my thing" during this time. Many days it was the only reason I could find to work my way out of the recliner and start another day. It sounds like I may be facing another surgery or two, so don't mess with my bright spot because you didn't look into what you were getting into.

Unfortunately, gmm is showing his ignorance. He keeps calling it a Ponzie scheme, which is terribly inaccurate. A Ponzie scheme involves a promise of big returns from investments, while actually only being a pyramid scheme, which will collapse.

I have no particular love for xBids. Fact is I'm pretty upset with them right now. But, gmm is simply over the top.

I agree with you. He needs to chill, and do some research before he spouts off about stuff he obviously doesn't understand.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I did not loose any money on xbids. I disputed the $ 75 charge with my CC company and after trying to contact XBIDS on the phony telephone number XBIDS supplies to the CC company and shows up on the monthly CC statement the investigative department of my CC company told me that even when they can not get hold of any body from XBIDS on that telephone number there must be some thing wrong with this business and reversed the charge. This was 2 months ago. I repeat I did not loose any money to XBIDS. I can give you the case number of my dispute with my CC company if any body wants so they can also refer to my case file when disputing the XBIDS charge with their CC company and get their charges reversed like I did. But they have to dispute these charges with 60 days of the CC transection.
When I read other peoples complaints about XBIDS and how one old man on SS lost $ 75 and another poor woman with small children lost $ 75 which was supposed to be christmas present for her children. That is when I got angery. I do not need to chill.
Here is the reply I received from Kamala D. Harris the attorney General of California,s office and quote the last line " Please be assured that your information will be retained in our consumer files and is of importance in helping this office take appropriate action to protect consumers"
I hope the old man on SS security who lost $ 75 and the poor woman who lost her children's christmas money reads this message and also reports to the AG of California. Where this virtual site without any employees and registered by proxy to hide the identity of the owner of this scam site who interferes in the last 10 seconds of the bidding process to suck in more and more gullable people hopefully is hiding and can be found by AG .
You say only 10% people are complaining. I see almost 90 percent of people are complaing. And the 10 % are quite likely shills.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

hey guy you do know that this is how all auction sites work 99% of them do not charge you to join but you buy the bid packs and you bid this is how the site make money.i witness a gift card close over 150 dollars yesturday it went up 10 cent a pop you cant hate a sight for how much profite they make on a auction.i would not be reading this post if you won the card for a penny and the owner lost his a$$ on it .im not on the site or no the site but this is how every site work and im sure that when you click the term box next time read it before jump into somthing

About xBids

Based in San Francisco, xBids is a fast-paced, online penny auctions site that empowers its users to purchase the latest name-brand products at substantially reduced prices by allowing them to compete for such items in timed auctions where frenzied bidding and riveting excitement are the norm. The capacity to merge the real-time entertainment of placing the winning bid before time runs out"
This is the front page statement by XBIDS. Show me where it says they will interfere with the time clock as many times as they want before " The time runs out"
OH but I should have looked some where on the left side to find it some where that the last few seconds will be manipulated by this scam site to suck in and mislead more and more unsuspecting bidders.
Read hundreds and hundreds of complaints by people againt XBIDS. Just google xbids scam and you will need hours to just read only half of them.

Happy Bidding!

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Unfortunately, gmm is showing his ignorance. He keeps calling it a Ponzie scheme, which is terribly inaccurate. A Ponzie scheme involves a promise of big returns from investments, while actually only being a pyramid scheme, which will collapse.

I have no particular love for xBids. Fact is I'm pretty upset with them right now. But, gmm is simply over the top.

I agree with you. He needs to chill, and do some research before he spouts off about stuff he obviously doesn't understand.

Even if I saved one person from this scam site it was worth it. XBIDS site is now closed and they are going to run away with the loot. Your last chance to call AJ's office at 1 800 251 3221 to prosecute these scam artists and get your money back.
I hope Jwiley and deenie61 and rexter 65 will post here to admit that I was right to fight these scam artisis even though I did not lose any money myself

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

I did not loose any money on xbids. I disputed the $ 75 charge with my CC company and after trying to contact XBIDS on the phony telephone number XBIDS supplies to the CC company and shows up on the monthly CC statement the investigative department of my CC company told me that even when they can not get hold of any body from XBIDS on that telephone number there must be some thing wrong with this business and reversed the charge. This was 2 months ago. I repeat I did not loose any money to XBIDS. I can give you the case number of my dispute with my CC company if any body wants so they can also refer to my case file when disputing the XBIDS charge with their CC company and get their charges reversed like I did. But they have to dispute these charges with 60 days of the CC transection.
When I read other peoples complaints about XBIDS and how one old man on SS lost $ 75 and another poor woman with small children lost $ 75 which was supposed to be christmas present for her children. That is when I got angery. I do not need to chill.
Here is the reply I received from Kamala D. Harris the attorney General of California,s office and quote the last line " Please be assured that your information will be retained in our consumer files and is of importance in helping this office take appropriate action to protect consumers"
I hope the old man on SS security who lost $ 75 and the poor woman who lost her children's christmas money reads this message and also reports to the AG of California. Where this virtual site without any employees and registered by proxy to hide the identity of the owner of this scam site who interferes in the last 10 seconds of the bidding process to suck in more and more gullable people hopefully is hiding and can be found by AG .
You say only 10% people are complaining. I see almost 90 percent of people are complaing. And the 10 % are quite likely shills.

I hope that people really arent spending the kids christmas money or the little amount from ss because that shows a lack of priorities......I have a question for you.....In your eyes gmm how do penny auctions work
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!:iamwithstupid:

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I wonder what happened to williamxbids ?. I hope he was not the owner of this site and was making misleading statements on this message board.
It is still time for any body who lost money to XBIDS to dispute their charges and get their money back. Unless owners of XBIDS have cashed out their bank accounts and disappeared.

nogame9879
  • nogame9879
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

01-03-2011 02:48 AM
deenie61

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

nogame9879, I think it's safe to say that Penny Auctions are not for you. Though no one loves them, transaction fees and shipping charges are fairly standard practice. A few offer free shipping, which is often a deciding factor for me when choosing where to bid. At first I thought they were all making money head over heels too. But generally, when you average it out, that big item that turned a big profit made up for a dozen others that sold way under retail. BTW, most would advise a newbie NOT to start out trying to win TV's and Ipads, etc. but rather some smaller items with less competition. If you go in with the idea of winning a $1200 TV for $10, you will be sorely disappointed. For what sounds like, very little homework or experience you actually didn't come out of it too bad at all. Don't know if/when you ended up getting your prize, but shipping in December is anyones nightmare. I'm not leaning one way or the other about Xbids, I've never bid there, in fact hadn't even heard of them until tonight.

deenie, i wasn't lost in la la land when i signed up, or fantasizing about big screens and ipads. It was my experience, and i did my research on how it all worked. i was only brainstorming out loud about how the site makes its profit...and if you think in the big picture they "lose money on smaller auctions", then you are naive. With as many auctions as they have going on and all of the "first timers" trying it out...they are making money hand over fist.
My problem was not with the processes, or timers, or glitches...it's with customer service, and a company that does not give you what you pay for.
On December 2, 2010, I won an auction for a tool kit (retail $169). My total investment was roughly $97, with bid pack, my item, and shipping/transaction fees. I got lucky right?...one of the few who did not fall into the trap and the game that it penny auctions. I felt fortunate that i would take my item and run, never use Xbids again because of the sketchiness.
Today is February 21, 2011, almost three months later, and i still have NOT received my item in the mail. Through numerous emails with "shiloh" in "customer support", i have been given the complete run around. I have been given several bogus excuses, with no definitive answers/solutions. And now all of a sudden, the site goes "down for scheduled maintanence"...?
If that's not fraud or theft, then please genius, tell me how i am wrong...
For me, its not necessarily about the money. Its about getting what i paid for. I can deal with being cheated...its not the first time, and probably not the last. But they could at least have the testicular fortitude to tell me they cheated me. I think the Drill Sgt in Full Metal Jacket said it best....its like 'effing someone in the butt and not having the common courtesy to give him a reach around'.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users