• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

PonGow Penny Auction

Discuss & post your experiences w/ penny auction PONGOW here!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

As long as that car has a reserve on it, they'll never sell it.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

As long as that car has a reserve on it, they'll never sell it.

This is really not much different from a seat auction-- IMO- in regards to the reserve. JungleCents had a Mercedes up for months and only maybe received 30 bids the whole time they had it up, but that was when they were a penny auction (now they're a Groupon-type site for gift cards with Guy Kawasaki on their board and Mark Cuban (billionaire) financing. Very neat for them!).

Has anyone won on PonGow yet?

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 28 October 2010 - 07:44 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

LOL, that site is a joke. I just looked for the first time and noticed the 40 or so people that marked that they like it. If everything goes up by 1 cent, and the reserves are ALL at like 30% of the items, it's pointless to even look at the site ever again. For example:

$1.00 per bid

The hideous smart car (people in a can)
Reserve Price= $599.00
Retail Price= $13,990.00

$59,990.00 for a tonka box car? ROFLMAO. Yeah, okay.:rolleyes:

IPOD NANO 16GB
Reserve Price= $9.99
Retail Price= $24.99

That' 1,000 bids that have to be put to win it. These people want people to spend $1,000.00 for a $25.00 item minimum. ROFLMAO. Setting this site up was a waste of 20 minutes they will NEVER get back, and a waste of 2 minutes of me looking at it that "I" will never get back. This site is nothing more than an insult on my character, :smilielol5:woot

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 28 October 2010 - 02:11 PM.

PonGow
  • PonGow
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

LOL, that site is a joke. I just looked for the first time and noticed the 40 or so people that marked that they like it. If everything goes up by 1 cent, and the reserves are ALL at like 30% of the items, it's pointless to even look at the site ever again. For example:

$1.00 per bid

The hideous smart car (people in a can)
Reserve Price= $599.00
Retail Price= $13,990.00

$59,990.00 for a tonka box car? ROFLMAO. Yeah, okay.:rolleyes:

IPOD NANO 16GB
Reserve Price= $9.99
Retail Price= $24.99

That' 1,000 bids that have to be put to win it. These people want people to spend $1,000.00 for a $25.00 item minimum. ROFLMAO. Setting this site up was a waste of 20 minutes they will NEVER get back, and a waste of 2 minutes of me looking at it that "I" will never get back. This site is nothing more than an insult on my character, :smilielol5:woot

Hi guys - this is David from PonGow.com

First of all, thanks for giving us a try and for talking about us in this forum.
We welcome all feedback from our members and will make appropriate changes to our model as we grow. We are learning about this industry and have already received some interesting feedback and have implemented some changes. Among others: we reduced the reserve prices on a number of items, so check it out...

Here if feel compelled to correct just a small thing regarding ProtoProtoss' post. First of, our price per bid is among the lowest of the industry at only 50 cents per bid if paid by credit card or PayPal. We also offer many ways for users to get free bids, from our partnership with TrialPay for example or through the PonGow price feature which rewards early bidders. By the way, the TrialPay feature is great as you get free bids by spending money on things that you would normally buy, so I absolutely recommend it...

Regarding our featured product, the Smart car. At first the $599 might seem a lot for this car and you might think that we are trying to make a huge amount of money from it, but there are a lot of parameters that come into the calculation of the reserve price and a back of the envelop calculation would be too simplistic, especially if you use $1 per bid to do your math! For example, did you know that winners never pay for shipping (both ways! in case of return), handling or sales tax?, or that we have 3 winners per auction and a chance for early bidders to double the bids they spent under the reserve price? All this comes into the calculation of the reserve price. All those features are unique to PonGow and definitely not something you'll find on seat auction websites.

But, you have a point and we'll introduce some lower priced items with much lower reserve prices over the week end just to get things going and have new members really understand how it works.

Finally, cute, ugly, it all comes down to personal tastes, that is why we have this unique feature that lets users exchange their winnings for SuperCertificates. Those are amazing as you get a certificate that can be used at hundreds of retailers online and offline for things like travels, department stores, electronics stores, you name it. So imagine what it would be like to receive $13,990 minus the auction ending price worth of SuperCertificates.. just in time for the holidays!! I would personally give it a try, especially since you get your bids back if the reserve price is not met.

So happy bidding and please keep on checking us out, you'll soon change your mind.

To get started
PONGOW

To see winners or auctions that did not reach their reserve prices
PONGOW

To register and watch our short movie - don't forget to connect with Facebook and like our page to get free bids..
PONGOW

IAlwaysBid2Win
  • IAlwaysBid2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Hi yas
Well unless I missed something...
The site went poof, I sure hope no one bought many if any bids

djibril
  • djibril
  • Forum Sponsor - PonGow.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Hello There,

The site was under maintenance late last night as we were adding a new type of auction: the stealth auction. Stealth auction features: Reserve price between a range, no timer, can place several bids at once...
Stealth auctions will be available this week on PonGow.com.

Thanks for watching us closely though and sorry for yesterday's site unavailability

djibril
  • djibril
  • Forum Sponsor - PonGow.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Take advantage of our ThanksGiving BlowOut!!
We Offer 5 Pongow $$ for first PonGow Store users and 20% discount on all new bid pack purchases: Just use coupon code TKG2010 (Valid until 11/28) when checking out.

Moreover, we are excited to introduce the "Stealth" Auction on PonGow.com.

Why "Stealth"?

Because the reserve price is not actually shown.
Instead, the auction will show a price range where the reserve price belongs.

Depending on the auction and on our mood :-), the reserve price will be low or
high within the price range.

Stealth auctions features:

All stealth auctions will appear with a grey banner "Stealth auction" so they are easy to spot.

There is no timer on the stealth auction. The first bidder who hits the reserve price wins the auction.

You can place as many bids as you want: Move the slider right or left to increase or decrease the number of bids you want to place at once.

As on all our auctions, second and third winners are awarded consolation bids.

New

All our auctions now use a bid slider: Move the slider right or left to increase or decrease the number of bids you want to place at once.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auction, online auctions, penny auction, pongow, pongow.com, reserve, smart car, win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users