Bidfather has stopped shipping won Items Time to Get the LAW involved

Started by realbidtowin , Oct 28 2010 08:40 PM

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I felt it was was nessasary for this topic to now have its own thread. As I and mentioned in other threads both my wife (lightsout) and myself have bid on Bidfather since near the beginning, however since early Sept they have discontinued shipping our won items and it adds up to a tidy sum as it included Ipad, a couple game systems numerous gift cards, we are talking in excess of 20+ auctions dating back to early Sept.

For three weeks now myself and my wife have been sending them emails via the contact form on thier website regarding these won items, to this date they have yet to send a single reply or even acknowledge us. It has become clear to me that they have no intention of shipping any of the won items and the fact that they continue to run auctions without shipping shows obvious attempt to commit fraud and this escalates it to a very serious crime.

I sent them my final response Wed 10-27 and I notified them of the actions I will be taking if there is no immediate response, and again they have not replied as of today.

I have already contacted their local Police Dept. internet fraud division and they have instructed me to as to the procedures, and they seemd quite interested in following up on this, Additionally if I do not have this resolved immediatly I will also be including the FTC as well as the MA Attorney Generals office.

Bidfather if you are reading this you need to take this seriously, I too hoped that this was just a hicup but with this clear neglagence it appears that it is not the case, I really liked these guys too.

It is one thing to have a couple auctions you cannot deliver on but when it is well over 1 months worth encumpassing 100's if not over 1000 auctions that really raises the stakes of the crime especially since they are still running auctions.

Bidfather resolve this now because next week the SH*t will hit the fan.

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Seems to me like Bidfather is falling behind on sending items. Perhaps they're going bankrupt and going to be shutting down their site soon like so many other PA sites.

Unlike Zoogboo, Bidfather seems to send items regularly until they found out they're running out of money and probably had to borrow money somehow to make up for their losses.

It seems inevitable that Bidfather will shut down no doubt about it with auctions shrinking and complaints rising for items not being shipped out.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

bid2win-

i am running into the same problem. i contacted Tom via email and nothing in response. I have done multiple live chats first 4 times they blew smoke up my skirt and this last time they told me they sent my xbox to the wrong address and that i should be getting it in the next 3-5 days...ill post up if i get it or not. this isnt a good sign :( i was hoping that the "wrong address" was an honest mistake, by your post im guessing its just buying them more time.

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

10 unshipped - 3 marked shipped never arrived Just another day in pennyland

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Hate to say it, but Bidfather is going downhill and PayPal is right about penny auction sites. Even those who didn't want PayPal as their payment processor ended up either okay or gone.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

what i dont get is it seemed like they have been pulling a profit on alot of their auctions...

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

100% Profit it seems

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

I'm just a small fish in this big pond, but when I started reading about the delays in shipping I contacted them via their on-line feature and received an immediate resolution - Paid In Full!

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I think the word is out you can just rip people off and nobody will do a thing about it.What we need is an example.If someone knows the hoops I would gladly donate $100.00 to the cause.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

I think the word is out you can just rip people off and nobody will do a thing about it.What we need is an example.If someone knows the hoops I would gladly donate $100.00 to the cause.

i do believe based on bid2win's post he is gonna take legal action if they dont find some middle ground. might wanna talk to him?

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I'm also having the same problem with BidFather. They sent all my items except one single gift card, and that was won and paid for way back in September...I hope they get this figured out, or at least give me the money I spent on bids for this auction back.
Best of luck to the rest of you! I will post when I receive my item.

BidFather
  • BidFather
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Seriously Gary? You realize we have live help right? I do apologize as our personal lives and the constant updating to the script to appease you guys may have put us behind somewhat, but we are slowly working our way back up to date. One month and you guys are ready to call the cops? Give me a break... We're not going anywhere, and everyone will be getting their items. That I promise you.

It amazes me how quick you all are to post negative comments, but never anything positive. Thank you for that.

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Not the response I would guess to have received from a "professional" company. Especially calling out real names. Not cool. I've seen a few people on the bidfather Facebook page also complain about their yet to be received items. Glad I never signed up here.

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

After a couple emails I got a response and my item is shipped.

:party:

BidFather was my main PA site for quite awhile and they did a great job of getting things out in a timely matter. The main thing I worry about is getting pushed aside and forgot about.

Thanks for getting this out BidFather! I do really appreciate your response!*hug*

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I can usually sense when a site is going bad and I leave,I have really been hit bad only a few times.I have never got that little warning feeling on this site so I think I shall keep playing.I hope I am right

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

One month and you guys are ready to call the cops? Give me a break... We're not going anywhere, and everyone will be getting their items. That I promise you.

It amazes me how quick you all are to post negative comments, but never anything positive. Thank you for that.

One month is a very long time sir. Not only to not receive an item you've paid for, but even moreso just to receive a response. All you had to really do is just reply or put up a notice, it's just that simple. Had you ordered a high-end vehicle from me, paid cash for it, and not received it on the expected date, then called/emailed me to inquire about it and I ignored you... what would you think?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Seriously Gary? You realize we have live help right? I do apologize as our personal lives and the constant updating to the script to appease you guys may have put us behind somewhat, but we are slowly working our way back up to date. One month and you guys are ready to call the cops? Give me a break... We're not going anywhere, and everyone will be getting their items. That I promise you.

Yes Seriously, what did you expect after 3 weeks of sending you emails with ZERO response from you and well over 1 month of items not being shipped. Actually I did not notice you had live help until recently, regardless that is no excuse for you not to reply to emails, besides email provides beter documentation. I am sorry to tell you this and I think I speak for ALL bidders 30 days + without recieving won items is unacceptable. Now, had you simply responded to me/us and explained you were having some growing pains we would have been more flexable, but that did not happen. What really pissed me off was reports of others getting paid or recieveing items as well as some communication with you and me not hearing a peep from you.

With the PA industry having one of the fastest business failure rates on the internet and considering that 95% of all sites will eventually fail (most in the 1st 6 months) I will remain vigilent and that is why I have only lost a few hundred $$$ to failing PA sites and not thousands $$$.

Tom if you actually read all of the threads relating to bidfather you would see that I have been a very supportive voice towards bidfather untill this thread, but I had no choice. My main intention for this thread was to get your attention and it seemed to work, I did have every intention to follow through however no that we are communication I will work with you but the communication needs to continue.

Moving forward: Tom and I have communicated and we are working towards a speedy resolve to this which I appreciate. However Tom I think it is fair to ask what anyone can expect for delivery on future auctions? Personally if it is more than 2 weeks please refund the value of my remaining bids back to me, and if this is resonable I will continue to support bidfather, if you simply want me gone becasue I spoke my mind I am ok with that too.

Please respond as I think many are interested in what you have to say moving forward, your reply only discusses the past I think it is equally important to have expectations of the future

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

They also started catching me and Mrs rwb up on late items.

Hopefully it's growing pains because this is a good site. Shipping should take no longer than 2 weeks and always there must be good communication.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

:mad: I've read several complaints about people not getting their winnings, so I decided to try the LiveHelp on the site. They connected, asked for an email address. I gave it to them and asked when I could expect my winnings- that I was just curious. I waited about 5 minutes with no response.

Then, I closed the chat and about 5 minutes later opened a new one. I stated that I'd like to buy bids. I immeditely got a response.

I don't trust this site, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buy bids until people start seeing some shipments of merchandise.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

2 of my 3 won auctions were just marked as shipped. I wouldn't mind waiting a month or whatever until they figured things out and had time to ship items, I just wish they'd be a little more up front with shipping times.

Hopefully I'll receive them soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users