Started by realbidtowin , Oct 28 2010 08:40 PM

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

bradjar
  • bradjar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

I would be very happy if all items were received by the end of 3 weeks. I think the majority of us follow, received items buy more bids, items late buying bids hesitant or Null. Tom mentioned about compliments, you can see on this site that there are lots of positive remarks. I have even Twitted on how great this site is.

I think it is all just our passion for PA sites and Bidfather that was setting the tone of some of the posts. So many have folded sometimes we assume too quickly. Receiving our items in a timely manner is so IMPORTANT to bidders.

I am very glad to hear that BF is not going anywhere. *hug**hug*

Duster
  • Duster
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I really like this site and have had very positive experiences with Bid Father. They have provided a great site and have been a positive addition to the PA world.

That being said an e-mail or post to the forums stating "that due to upgrading of our system (or whatever the reason) we have gotten behind in our shipping we will be getting caught up" would go a long ways. To me the most important part of business is your customer service and how you communicate with your customers. If you don't respond we get worried. Just take a few minutes to catch us all up will really help.

For those of us who have been around a while in the PA world we get concerned when we stop hearing from a site, the site closes and leaves us empty handed has been our past experiences. Thank you Bid Father for coming on PAW and letting us know what is going on. We are all looking forward to Bid Father getting caught up on their shipping.

2-3 weeks for shipping time for items won is what most of the sites I participate on do. Get past a month and that taking too long and makes bidders nervous.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

i did receive my "lost" xbox today woot , so have faith bf is just behind in shipping and they are stil shipping everything!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

i did receive my "lost" xbox today woot , so have faith bf is just behind in shipping and they are stil shipping everything!

I've said this before :) ...yes they are behind but they definitely are still shipping as I received another couple of wins over the weekend :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

I've said this before :) ...yes they are behind but they definitely are still shipping as I received another couple of wins over the weekend :)

nice win on bargains btw never! ;)

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

nice win on bargains btw never! ;)

Cheers dude :) ...I may have got it for even less had an earlier auction not been voided allowing the next highest bidder back in the game. The thing that I found annoying the most is that I watched every single bid of the auction that was voided and it looked perfectly good to me so I have no idea what happened. The only thing I can think of is that someone complained, although like I say, I watched every bid so I don't know what the complaint might have been as it looked faultless to me.

lookzor
  • lookzor
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I thought Bidfather was currently in a transition of selling.

Found this auction before I even found out about PAW when I was figuring out how I was gonna go about getting a penny site up:

https://flippa.com/a...--100000--Sales

BidFather was sold for 10k.

Maybe they are currently dealing with helping the new owner get settled and shifting the remainder of auctions they had under their name out.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I thought Bidfather was currently in a transition of selling.

Found this auction before I even found out about PAW when I was figuring out how I was gonna go about getting a penny site up:

https://flippa.com/a...--100000--Sales

BidFather was sold for 10k.

Maybe they are currently dealing with helping the new owner get settled and shifting the remainder of auctions they had under their name out.

Bidfather has NOT been sold.

Here is the reply I received from Tom earlier today and I am publishing it with his permission to do so.

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:55:32 -0800
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FAO: TOM RE:sale

Hi Darren,

BidFather is not actually for sale. We've been in discussion with quite a few investors and I listed the site up for auction to get some sort of idea as to what the site is worth, because honestly we have no idea. We listed the site up, got quite a few offers and then ended the auctions prematurely. And actually it was a $25,000 bid - We did however receive a lot of private offers much higher. Either way, we don't plan on selling, just looking for a ballpark valuation. Hope this helps.

RegardsTom @ BidFather

One last thing I forgot to mention.. We'd be crazy to sell for $10,000!

So there you have it guys... Bidfather has NOT been sold.

Good luck with your bidding :)

lookzor
  • lookzor
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Bidfather has NOT been sold.

Here is the reply I received from Tom earlier today and I am publishing it with his permission to do so.

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:55:32 -0800
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FAO: TOM RE:sale

Hi Darren,

BidFather is not actually for sale. We've been in discussion with quite a few investors and I listed the site up for auction to get some sort of idea as to what the site is worth, because honestly we have no idea. We listed the site up, got quite a few offers and then ended the auctions prematurely. And actually it was a $25,000 bid - We did however receive a lot of private offers much higher. Either way, we don't plan on selling, just looking for a ballpark valuation. Hope this helps.

RegardsTom @ BidFather

One last thing I forgot to mention.. We'd be crazy to sell for $10,000!

So there you have it guys... Bidfather has NOT been sold.

Good luck with your bidding :)

Ah I see, seemed like a dodgy price. As people usually value their site by monthly income times 'x' amount of months.

Anyway, as I don't know the owner personally I assumed the auction was real and that was the case :)

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Unless they get their shipping in order the site will be worth a big goose egg ($0.00) All they have provided is excuses and broken promises. Bidfather if you are reading this I intend to keep this thread current. AS PAW admin posted on another thread the federal FTC considers it fraudulent it product is not shipped with in 30 days unless otherwise agreed upon, Bidfather is clearly in the fruadulent category then

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

maybe bidfather needs to read this:

http://www.pennyauct...plaint-ftc.html

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

As far as shipping goes, I spoke to BF again yesterday because, although some others have recently received their wins, I was/am still behind. They assured me that they will have all members' accounts caught up to approximately the last 7 days of won auctions within 12-72 hours. That means that by Sunday, everything should be caught up if things go well.

kimbers
  • kimbers
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I am due giftcards from 10/8, 10/14, and 10/25.
My account still shows awaiting shipment on all three.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

I wrote BF yesterday night to tell them that I was disappointed that they had not shipped out my items since they had given me their word that they would do so by the Sunday that just passed. I also told them a few other things, like if they are having problems just be honest and most, if not all users, will work with them to fix it but that users need to be able to trust them.

This morning I had a shipment notification in my inbox. Now I don't know if it had anything to do with my letter or not since I've not gotten a direct response to it but it's a start, although not enough. I hope that I receive many more today. I will also be on the lookout for an e-mail response and the change to talk to them when they are online.

How is everyone else doing?

kimbers
  • kimbers
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

still waiting on my three gift cards from 10/8, 10/14 and 10/25.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

I was owed several gift cards and I made an arrangement with them to have those cards consolidated into one Amazon, at a reduced value. I received that "settlement" pretty quickly. Based on several posts here, the fact that I was made whole, and an enticement from Penny Auction Coupons :) , I bought some more bids. I used buy-it-now on a $50 gift card on 10/24--still showing "Paid, Awaiting Shipment".

I haven't bought any bids and will not until I receive the gift card I'm owed. Frankly, I may not even buy any more bids after that either. I sensed an issue here before and I'm sensing it again.

There was rumor that BidFather was sold. That rumor was quelled by an email that the owner was merely "...looking for valuation on the business." This to me says: 1.) "It's for sale" or 2.) "I need some verification of value to borrow money"...not really fond of either possibility. Perhaps it means neither, but I'm gonna play it safe for now...

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

After contacting Bidfather last week, I did receive two Amazon gift cards that I won and about 4 or 5 other shipping/shipment notifications. However, none of those other items have arrived yet. To be far all of the estimated delivery dates on all but one are for later this week. I am trying to be patient but at the same time I don't want to be taken for another ride.

Bidfather told me that they are behind because of site upgrades on which they have been unwisely focusing to the exclusion of making shipments. They say items are being shipped and they are trying to right things as quickly as possible.

I understand falling behind, as long as there is communication and tangible shipments at a steady rate.

Has anyone else had any luck lately?

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I received 1 card yesterday.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I received some wins over the weekend and previous to that too :)

$100 best buy card and an xbox360 among various other things like beer making kits :)

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

i got the email saying wins will ship shortly like two weeks ago and they also were gonna give me free bids...i havent gotten either :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users