Bidfather has stopped shipping won Items Time to Get the LAW involved

Started by realbidtowin , Oct 28 2010 08:40 PM

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

So i got a question that anyone can answer. I just won an amazon giftcard and have a toys r us outstanding. Are they at least sending out the amazon since its an email thing?? Please someone help me out>

Well I am waiting on an amazon card from Oct 29th if that helps.

Duster
  • Duster
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I am waiting on one from Oct 28. 2 others with in the last 2 weeks. Some seem to be getting their wins sooner than others. I would expect to have to wait a minimum of 4 weeks based on what I have experienced. Hopefully this won't happen to you. Good luck where ever you bid.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

So i got a question that anyone can answer. I just won an amazon giftcard and have a toys r us outstanding. Are they at least sending out the amazon since its an email thing?? Please someone help me out>

As I recall, they send the Amazon cards via UPS. I won a few awhile back and I got mine via UPS. I don't know why these sites send them that way. It's got to be quicker and cheaper to just do the e-cards. Maybe someone on here knows why...

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

I'm owed a $50 gift card from 10/24, so I'm not that revved up yet. If I get burned, it's my own fault. I went and bought more bids after I had these same shipping issues before. :mad: I'm such a dork! I swore I wasn't gonna buy more bids after I settled with them on my previously owed items...ugh!

Anyway, I hope everyone gets their stuff...BidFather was one of my favorites too.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

In the past several weeks I have received some of my wins. I was one of those Coupon buyers because BF was always fair with me. I emailed David at PAC and told him that Paypal has not put credits through to all. In checking on shipping status of my items at BF today, to my SURPRISE the bids are in my account! Has this happened to anyone else?? I'll keep this forum informed in anything I find out as you all do.

I logged into my account to see when I had won that $50 card and I saw the same thing...I already received confirmation for the PayPal refund....hmmmm

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Most of the time they send an Amazon e-card but sometimes they send a physical card. The time it takes for each to ship is about the same.

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Has anyone has a chance to check out their site today. I wonder why the only have 6 auctions up. Probably trying to make all the money the can before the pack up shop. Is there any legal grounds we can a*huh*ctually go.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Has anyone has a chance to check out their site today. I wonder why the only have 6 auctions up. Probably trying to make all the money the can before the pack up shop. Is there any legal grounds we can a*huh*ctually go.

They may not be packing up shop just yet. What I suspect and have suspected for a while is that they are trying to increase revenue for each individual auction which they can do one of two ways: 1) Get more users on the site or 2) Reduce the number of auctions available a day so that current users have not choice but to battle it out more fiercely to win the one of the few auctions available.

They've opted for option two and have been doing it for a while, actually. Before there used to be about 20 auctions or more a day. Then there were 15. Now there are 6.

Other sites have done the same. It doesn't necessarily mean they are going to shut down. I know a site that has used this method months ago and is still in business. I guess they found the right balance of auctions for the current competition generated by their users.

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Is there anything i can do legally to get my stuff. Has anyone been down that path yet. Cause i am getting pretty fed up

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Received a e-card for 1 item and my wife received notice 1 item was shipped.

Still way behind and other than items received emails no replies to any of my emails.

Very sad this was one of my favorite sites also and my wife's favorite.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Is there anything i can do legally to get my stuff. Has anyone been down that path yet. Cause i am getting pretty fed up

Legally, you can file chargebacks with your credit card company/Paypal/bank for items not received/payments not honored. (Sticking with items not received as your reason for a chargeback is the best route.) Credit cards are the easiest from which to get money back, followed by Paypal and then banks.

You generally have 3 months to file chargebacks with credit card companies and banks, and only 45 days with Paypal.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Legally, you can file chargebacks with your credit card company/Paypal/bank for items not received/payments not honored. (Sticking with items not received as your reason for a chargeback is the best route.) Credit cards are the easiest from which to get money back, followed by Paypal and then banks.

You generally have 3 months to file chargebacks with credit card companies and banks, and only 45 days with Paypal.

I have already filed and I highly recommend others do the same before it is too late, here is a new thread I started with contact info for filing complaints.

Penn I admire your optimism but I am very pesamistic of the outcome, I know you want this to work out but history strongly suggest otherwise, they are in too deep and with the paypal 45 day limit bidfather knows if they trickle down that they will be beyond the timeline that many bidders can file disputes allowing them to keep all those funds. They also think that PAW members are all talk and no action and I aim to prove otherwise.

So when Paypal has froze their account and their reserves are all spoken for by other bidders it will be would-of, should-of, could-of for those that lost everythng. My claims I recent made have been escalated to thier Fraud division so it is just a matter of time

onceinnvrout
  • onceinnvrout
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

cannot hook up to bidfather. was on earlier and saw a auction go by. was watching another auction site and came back and tried to reload the page and i get errors. can't get them on explorer,aol browser or google chrome. anyone else?

did recieve some wins the other day from them. am owed less than $200 now

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

cannot hook up to bidfather. was on earlier and saw a auction go by. was watching another auction site and came back and tried to reload the page and i get errors. can't get them on explorer,aol browser or google chrome. anyone else?

did recieve some wins the other day from them. am owed less than $200 now

SAme here the site is gone, we will see if it is temp or permanent

IceDragon
  • IceDragon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Ruh Roh Shaggy!!!!!!!!! Could possibly be a hit and run in progress :(
Does it matter who I am?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Everyone should take note all the bidfather threads have been moved to the RED FLAG section of the forums.

Thanks PAW

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

I have already filed and I highly recommend others do the same before it is too late, here is a new thread I started with contact info for filing complaints.

Penn I admire your optimism but I am very pesamistic of the outcome, I know you want this to work out but history strongly suggest otherwise, they are in too deep and with the paypal 45 day limit bidfather knows if they trickle down that they will be beyond the timeline that many bidders can file disputes allowing them to keep all those funds. They also think that PAW members are all talk and no action and I aim to prove otherwise.

So when Paypal has froze their account and their reserves are all spoken for by other bidders it will be would-of, should-of, could-of for those that lost everythng. My claims I recent made have been escalated to thier Fraud division so it is just a matter of time

I wouldn't quite call it optimism, RB2W; it's realism. As far as I go, I think I've gotten most of my wins because of their smaller dollar value and having forced their hand, so to speak--I took steps to protect my investment and retract it and let them know.

As of right now, I'm owed 4 wins which is down from 15 or so. However, I know that they've not sent out wins to other players as of yet both anecdotically here on PAW (something technically I cannot prove) and first hand via the bidders I know in person.

I recognize the signs of either a complete meltdown in progress from which they may not recover and which they may be trying to hide.

jack
  • jack
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

i also win an items with them and i had send them many emials about when i should get my items and they didnt even respond to me at all !! i think all these small auction they are just looking for people money not looking to send their items they won sham on them.

i will not buy any bids auntel they send my items and if not i will report them

jack
  • jack
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

now like 2 month and i didnt get my items they are really bad scam site what is this u cant trust this site u won auction u pay for it but then nothing will happend now item will recive i am really serprice if some one say they got their item how?!
i think u won item only in paper but nothing will be shipped .. why now i didnt get my item and i won it befor 2 month from the last year 2010 and we are in jan 2011 and i didnt get my item. they are really bad site with bad service , dont waste ur time in this site and dont buy bid coz u will throught ur money only belive me after my experince with them i felt if i buy items it will be much better than just throught like that with no reason if i will not get the item i won in the auction bidfather is the worst site i ever seen it and i am not going back to use it any more i am willing to follow them untel they ship my item and i dont know how many more month it will take !!

markn902
  • markn902
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Seriously Gary? You realize we have live help right? I do apologize as our personal lives and the constant updating to the script to appease you guys may have put us behind somewhat, but we are slowly working our way back up to date. One month and you guys are ready to call the cops? Give me a break... We're not going anywhere, and everyone will be getting their items. That I promise you.

It amazes me how quick you all are to post negative comments, but never anything positive. Thank you for that.

I have to say as a consumer waiting 1 month for something I have won on an auction is totally unacceptable. I actually have filed credit card disputes for less. (not on PA sites as I am just today registering for a site for the first time) But that is a bad attitude IMO. I haven't read the rest of this thread I just feel like saying something at this point. One month is way too long. That says to me a new/potential customer that
A. You are unreliable
B. Dishonest
C. Not very good at running a business and may be out soon

I really did not want my first post outside of the intro page to be so preachy but for goodness sake that was a honest concern that man had and he received a very unprofessional and rude response. IMHO

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users