Started by Duramax , Oct 31 2010 05:37 AM

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Hi everyone. I am new here, but have been watching this site for a few weeks. I got started on penny auctions a few months ago by an advertisement on a couple of PA's sent to my email. I for some reason decided to try. One site I did good on at first, but have had trouble since. That is a site that is listed here as to having some major changes and MAJOR problems with shipping. The other site I did horrible at, but learned some VERY valuable lessons without breaking the bank - so to speak. I almost gave up and then somehow came upon this site and it has been quite helpful. Now I am not winning IPads or any big ticket items, just trying to win some gift certificates and items for my family and kids, plus some great gifts for family and friends. It would be nice to win an XBox or PS3, but I am seeing gift cards are the way to go for that. I am just trying to get a good deal like most of you here. So far I have seen great advice here and look forward to more great information and any advice would be wonderful!! Thanks for letting me introduce myself!!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome Duramax! Thanks for joining, I hope you will continue to find the forum helpful! Which site are you referring to? Thanks!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

rhsikes
  • rhsikes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Hi Duramax,
I think I was bidding against you last night. (imover) I don't remember for what but I think you won. lol. Congratulations and good luck to you.

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Thanks rhsikes. I think I remember your username now that you mention it. Good luck to you too!!

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Welcome Duramax! Thanks for joining, I hope you will continue to find the forum helpful! Which site are you referring to? Thanks!

It is bidsauce that I am referring to. Thanks.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Hello Duramax :bigsmile:

seen you in a few auctions! welcome to paw!

cjbedoya
  • cjbedoya
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am totally new to not only Penny Auction Watch but to penny auctions in general. I found out about them because I work for a charity which benefits from www.NirtoHawk.com. It took me a while to understand how it all works but after it was explained to me I jumped in and tried my and at it. So far so good. I am addicted to it now.

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Thanks for the reply rotoryguy. I have seen your name on some auctions I have bid on. Seems like a nice group of people on here - and very helpful!! My husband thinks I am nuts getting on penny auctions, but it seems to be working out fairly well. Any good suggestions on a good site to get an XBox or PS3 fairly reasonable for Christmas???? Thanks!Posted Image

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

i think we are all crazy to a degree, but its fun (and addicting). there are some sites that will let you have an account for you and your husband. once he tries it he will join the madness :o as far as the xbox/ ps3:

- bidfather
- sellmoo
- abcpennyauctions (has one up on tuesday @ 2pm)
- auctioncombat (idk about its legitimacy...)
- complooter

im sure others will chime in :)

good luck/ happy halloween

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

woot Thanks for the information rotaryguy! I have a son that is wanting an XBox or PS3 so I will see what I come up with. I kind of was trying to get gift certificates to pay for it, but we will see. I had been watching complooter too!!! Happy halloween!

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Hello Duramax and welcome. I think we "met" on Topdogbidz. :rolleyes:

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Hi amcoffee. I don't think we met on TopDogBidz, but maybe halfbackbids or outbidders???? I haven't tried TopDogBidz yet, but think I may have to!!

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

Duramax I suggest checking out speedyfinger.com. The site has a 360 and Wii up for auction. Of course, they are all reserve auctions so no one knows what the price is unless you bid on them. I'm waiting for the PS3 auction to show up.

Edited by rpgman1, 01 November 2010 - 05:38 AM.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Thanks for the reply rotoryguy. I have seen your name on some auctions I have bid on. Seems like a nice group of people on here - and very helpful!! My husband thinks I am nuts getting on penny auctions, but it seems to be working out fairly well. Any good suggestions on a good site to get an XBox or PS3 fairly reasonable for Christmas???? Thanks!Posted Image

Definitely try complooter.com! I won an xbox for .53 and 68 bids, and a PS3 for 2.58 or something and only 19 bids! And I'm definitely not usually one of those "power bidder" types either. Good luck, and welcome to PAW!

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Thanks thisonesmine I watched one of those auctions you won the other day to see how it works. I am a bit concerned about the timer issues though. It seems like you could waste bids and then be out your money with the lag time and timer issues. I have been watching complooter a bit. Congrats on your wins!!

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Thanks thisonesmine I watched one of those auctions you won the other day to see how it works. I am a bit concerned about the timer issues though. It seems like you could waste bids and then be out your money with the lag time and timer issues. I have been watching complooter a bit. Congrats on your wins!!

They have really fixed the timer issues! MUCH better since those first few days. I am trying to get my wins out of the way before the site gets too congested. Got a GPS for like 1.92 and 4 or 5 bids a minute ago. Their smaller auctions definitely aren't going for much (some even without bids- DVDs, small gift cards, etc.), and I believe they are all free shipping.

The only thing I don't like is that if the price makes it all the way to 0.00, it is a mad dash to see who can press the button the fastest and hit that 0.00 mark first. Watched an auction like that last night.

Either way you decide to go, good luck! :)

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

They have really fixed the timer issues! MUCH better since those first few days. I am trying to get my wins out of the way before the site gets too congested. Got a GPS for like 1.92 and 4 or 5 bids a minute ago. Their smaller auctions definitely aren't going for much (some even without bids- DVDs, small gift cards, etc.), and I believe they are all free shipping.

The only thing I don't like is that if the price makes it all the way to 0.00, it is a mad dash to see who can press the button the fastest and hit that 0.00 mark first. Watched an auction like that last night.

Either way you decide to go, good luck! :)

It seemed that auctions were pretty cheap for the most part. I had a thought though - couldn't someone just bid the whole 299 bids for one of the gaming systems and still get a deal??? I know we would all like to get one of those auctions for just a handful of bids, but really, someone could bid all 100% of the bids and still not have to pay retail.
By the way, awesome win on the GPS too!!

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

It seemed that auctions were pretty cheap for the most part. I had a thought though - couldn't someone just bid the whole 299 bids for one of the gaming systems and still get a deal??? I know we would all like to get one of those auctions for just a handful of bids, but really, someone could bid all 100% of the bids and still not have to pay retail.
By the way, awesome win on the GPS too!!

Yeah, they have really low reserves. 299 bids for an Xbox is only about 210 bucks in bids (that is, if they are all paid bids), and the Xbox is a 199.00 system. They even pay for shipping. I'm not sure how they plan to make any money. Maybe when they get more traffic, they'll up the reserves a little bit?

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Duramax-

just a heads up, i didnt notice this till now, but complooter has the older version of the xbox. if your son is wanting one im sure he wants the newer version with built in wireless, slimmer and less RROD issues.
:)

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Thanks for the heads up rotaryguy! I will check into that before I figure out what I am going to do on complooter!!! I appreciate the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users