Started by Duramax , Oct 31 2010 05:37 AM

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Momoftwo2380
  • Momoftwo2380
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Hi everyone. I am new here, but have been watching this site for a few weeks. I got started on penny auctions a few months ago by an advertisement on a couple of PA's sent to my email. I for some reason decided to try. One site I did good on at first, but have had trouble since. That is a site that is listed here as to having some major changes and MAJOR problems with shipping. The other site I did horrible at, but learned some VERY valuable lessons without breaking the bank - so to speak. I almost gave up and then somehow came upon this site and it has been quite helpful. Now I am not winning IPads or any big ticket items, just trying to win some gift certificates and items for my family and kids, plus some great gifts for family and friends. It would be nice to win an XBox or PS3, but I am seeing gift cards are the way to go for that. I am just trying to get a good deal like most of you here. So far I have seen great advice here and look forward to more great information and any advice would be wonderful!! Thanks for letting me introduce myself!!

Welcome to PAW Duramax!! Seen you around in a few sites! Good luck getting your son the Xbox or PS3!! I did great last Christmas on Bidcactus and Bidsauce. I don't think it'll be the same this year. Now, those sites are really really congested with tons of bidders. I think is just a matter of timing. Study the sites and see which time and day is the slowest and go for it.

Good luck! *hug*

SassyMe
SassyMe *heart*

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

i think we are all crazy to a degree, but its fun (and addicting). there are some sites that will let you have an account for you and your husband. once he tries it he will join the madness :o as far as the xbox/ ps3:

- bidfather
- sellmoo
- abcpennyauctions (has one up on tuesday @ 2pm)
- auctioncombat (idk about its legitimacy...)
- complooter

im sure others will chime in :)

good luck/ happy halloween

AuctionCombat.com was VACATIONS4PENNIES.com
I wonder why the name change?

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Anyone else having a problem getting on Complooter.com I keep getting some ERROR page saying there is no site....

Deary2u
  • Deary2u
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

LadyK

Complooter is down while moving to a new server and getting some minor tweaking done to the site (like we are hoping when we see it again our designer will have added the much needed ended auction page).

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't plan to be down any longer than necessary which we are hoping will only be a few days.

Thanks for being concerned, we appreciate your input!

Michelle
Complooter.com woot

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Welcome to PAW Duramax!! Seen you around in a few sites! Good luck getting your son the Xbox or PS3!! I did great last Christmas on Bidcactus and Bidsauce. I don't think it'll be the same this year. Now, those sites are really really congested with tons of bidders. I think is just a matter of timing. Study the sites and see which time and day is the slowest and go for it.

Good luck! *hug*

SassyMe

Thanks Sassyme! Sounds like great advice. I started on bidsauce and bidcactus, but you are right - they are pretty congested and bidsauce has really changed in a very short time. I have a gift certificate I haven't received yet so not putting any more $ out there.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Welcome to PAW...nice to see you here!

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Nice beginner wins on PennyPrizes tonight! That's one of my favorite sites. Good luck! :)

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Nice beginner wins on PennyPrizes tonight! That's one of my favorite sites. Good luck! :)

Thanks! I like the site too, but have not had any luck until last night. Seems like there are a handfull of bidders there that take over everytime I bid. It is a little tough though - I think the most reasonable auctions to get are the $10 and when you have to bid 15-20 bids and still pay $2 shipping, it isn't really a deal in the end. The customer service is great at PennyPrizes, I just don't think I will end up breaking even when it is all said and done - although the camcorder DEFINITELY helped. I like the fact they are adding alot more auctions so that it will limit some of the powerbidding going on. Maybe my luck has changed !!!

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Welcome to PAW...nice to see you here!

Thanks for the welcome - I have seen you on the sites I have been on. Good luck.

IAlwaysBid2Win
  • IAlwaysBid2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Hi duramaxx
I bid against you tonight at nitrohawk on the 25.00 cabela gift card. My user name there is IBidNIWin, I wanted to use my other name which is IBidNIWin. Hope there are no hard feelings, I was hungry and had just found something I want at cabela.
Have a great one
Pat IBidNIWin

IAlwaysBid2Win
  • IAlwaysBid2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I know for a fact I am both Crazy and Addicted I admit it
Have a good one
Pat IAlwaysBid2Win

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Hi duramaxx
I bid against you tonight at nitrohawk on the 25.00 cabela gift card. My user name there is IBidNIWin, I wanted to use my other name which is IBidNIWin. Hope there are no hard feelings, I was hungry and had just found something I want at cabela.
Have a great one
Pat IBidNIWin

Pat - Not a problem - that is the way it works. I am shopping for Christmas for my son that is a Senior this year and am trying to get him several Cabela/Bass Pro gift cards. He loves hunting and we are within 2 hours of both stores. There are more gift cards. I am just really still irritated I wasn't home Friday night when the $100 went for almost nothing and I was at other son's activites that were running VERY LATE!!! Have fun shopping at Cabela's!

IAlwaysBid2Win
  • IAlwaysBid2Win
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Pat - Not a problem - that is the way it works. I am shopping for Christmas for my son that is a Senior this year and am trying to get him several Cabela/Bass Pro gift cards. He loves hunting and we are within 2 hours of both stores. There are more gift cards. I am just really still irritated I wasn't home Friday night when the $100 went for almost nothing and I was at other son's activites that were running VERY LATE!!! Have fun shopping at Cabela's!

Duramaxx
Thanks for understanding
Merry Christmas
Sorry to hear bout last Friday that has happened to me on several auctions at another site so I know how you feel
Pat:)

bidzhut.com
  • bidzhut.com
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Check out bidzhut.com its a new site . And they plan to sell good produckt like iphones ipads ps3 xbox 360 and ect. Not just cheap gift cards and and bid packs

y2p731
  • y2p731
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Welcome Sir!!!
Mixed Martial Arts + Poker + Penny Auctions = AWESOME!!!

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Welcome Mamm!!!

**fixed :wink:

jetranger
  • jetranger
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Duramax - I have seen you around a bunch; welcome to town and glad you decided to say hello. Pretty sure we have battled and was pulling for you on the cabella today; I have just one more win this month there and am already on my last eligible win.

Oddly enough, I am not sure about PP either. I know a bunch of people like it but I have been ganged up on pretty hard on some small stuff. I watched the site for a while and felt good until my toes were nearly chopped off when I tried to dip them in the water! I will continue to play around there to see. I might have just hit a test JR spot.

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

**fixed :wink:

Thanks - was just about to do that and you beat me to it!!! ;)

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Duramax - I have seen you around a bunch; welcome to town and glad you decided to say hello. Pretty sure we have battled and was pulling for you on the cabella today; I have just one more win this month there and am already on my last eligible win.

Oddly enough, I am not sure about PP either. I know a bunch of people like it but I have been ganged up on pretty hard on some small stuff. I watched the site for a while and felt good until my toes were nearly chopped off when I tried to dip them in the water! I will continue to play around there to see. I might have just hit a test JR spot.

Thanks jetranger. I really wanted the Cabellas for my son, but it is still going on and there are too many big players for me - it's almost $7.00 now. I lost alot of bids, but did really well on some of the smaller Cabellas cards. Plus there's another one in a couple of days. Maybe there won't be so many big bidders after seeing what this one goes for. I have yet to hit one of the $100 + cards on that site, so time will tell, but I do like the staggered win limits and you can hit your limits pretty quick on the smaller stuff.

I think customer service is great at PP, but I have had several times where I had bid for awhile and then big bidders just hops in at the end. I know that happened on the Cabella's tonight and I thought it was a bit dirty, but what can you do.... I should have stopped when I saw that same bidder from PP doing the same thing tonight on me, but I didn't. Good luck on PP - I did see you get you "toes nearly chopped off". It is crazy how the bids are so high on the little stuff. I did win a Mystery Auction the other night, so I am anxious to see what that is - crossing fingers that it's something I can use.

Good luck!

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Definitely try complooter.com! I won an xbox for .53 and 68 bids, and a PS3 for 2.58 or something and only 19 bids! And I'm definitely not usually one of those "power bidder" types either. Good luck, and welcome to PAW!

Hi thisonesmine - Do you know what is going on with complooter? I bought a bidpack right before an auction I was bidding on, got 5 bids in, it froze - then once it came back up said sold. Right after that the site was down and has been for awile. I don't know if I have to be concerned about my credit card charge??? If anyone knows more about complooter, I appreciate the information. I did email them and didnt' get an answer for over a week. Finally got a response that they were working on the site, but that has been about a week too. Maybe I am just getting anxious??? Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users