Background Image

TheBidGuru.com Discuss & Review: Updated by PAW: See Question on Page 3?

Started by TheBidGuru , Nov 09 2010 08:17 PM
get bids refund get cash get free bids win ipod shuffle win ipod touch

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

There are so many penny auction sites out there. What is it that makes us different from the rest of them? Why is it that you should join TheBidGuru?

TheBidGuru is different from all the others in so many unique and exciting ways that you will have goosebumps till the time you are done reading this page and will be desperate to register your first of the many to come wins. One common thing that all the points listed below imply is that EVERYONE IS A WINNER AT TheBidGuru. So check out what is all the fuss about.
  • 50% Bids RefundIn an auction only one person is a winner and the rest all go losing all the bids that they have put in that auction. TheBidGuru has come up with an amazing idea to return 50% of the bids put by the highest bidder (person who has placed maximum number of bids on a product) on any product to his account i.e. if you have placed the maximum number of bids on a product but you have lost the auction then you will automatically get 50% of the bids placed by you refunded to your account. If the highest bidder is also the winner then the second highest bidder will get 50% of the bids placed by him refunded. So stop worrying about losing everything and go bidding.
  • 85% Cash RedemptionYou must have read "Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash" everywhere but not at TheBidGuru. If you have won a product but you would like to get cash instead, just choose that in your ‘Won Auctions’ section and we will be happy to send you cash equivalent to 85% of the price of the product as given on the Product Description Page.
  • No Final Auction Price PaymentYou have won a product. Just choose one from 'Cash' or 'Product', sit back and relax. Your product will reach you within two weeks. No need to pay the auction price or the delivery charges.
  • 5% Referral Bonus Love TheBidGuru? Then bring your friends too to the battle and get 5% of the bids free every time they buy a bid package. There is no limit on the number of referrals. Send invitations to as many friends as you can.
  • Lowest and Depreciating Bid RateWhen on other penny auction sites the bids cost anywhere between 20 INR (approx $0.4) and 70 INR (approx $1.4) per bid, at TheBidGuru the bids cost just 15 INR (approx $.3) per bid and that too is not the final cost. Once a user has bought 10,000 bids, the price for him reduces to 14 INR per bid and after 100,000 bids the price further depreciates to 13 INR per bid.
  • Separate auctions without Bid GuruDon’t want to participate in an auction where people can set BidGuru Posted Image them while they are offline? Don’t worry. Simply look for the Posted Image sign and start bidding. BidGuru cannot be placed on auctions with Posted Image.
  • Special OffersPlease do check our ‘Special Offers’ page too. There are a lot of interesting offers there and more will be added from time to time.
  • Open to AllTheBidGuru is open to everyone equally all over the world. Any person above the age of 18 is eligible to register. For users outside India the products will be sourced and shipped from their own or neighbouring countries and they might be required to pay custom duties etc. All the transactions for buying the bids will be in INR only and cash to international users will be paid through PayPal only.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 15 November 2010 - 06:32 PM.

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Win iPod Shuffle 2GB and iPod Touch 8GB for free

For every 50 new users registered during a week, we will put one iPod Shuffle 2GB for lucky draw and each of the new users will be eligible for that lucky draw. The draw will be taken out on every Sunday till the 31st of December 2010. For example if during a week from Monday to Sunday 270 new users register then 5 iPod Shuffles will be put up for the draw.

For every 50 Bid Packages sold during a week, one iPod Touch 8GB will be put up for lucky draw and every user who has bought a package (irrespective of the cost of the package) will automatically be included in the draw.

A new user who also buys a package will be eligible for both the draws.

So what is the wait for? Start registering.....and GOOD LUCK

*Offer vali till 31st December 2010

Free Bids For All

Every new users get 2 bids on activation of their account

With the purchase of every Bid Package get extra bids free:*

With 50 Bids- 2 Bids free

With 100 Bids- 6 Bids free

With 200 Bids- 16 Bids free

With 300 Bids- 30 Bids free

With 500 Bids- 60 Bids free

Free bids will be credited to the account within

2-4 hours of buying the package

*Offer valid till 31st December2010

Student Offer

If you are a student, just send us a scanned image of your student ID at offers@thebidguru.com and we will credit your account with 10 free bids. Don’t forget to write “Student Offer” in the subject line.

This offer can be availed only once per account

PennyDeluxe
  • PennyDeluxe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Good luck with that. I don't think you thought out the business model or you wouldn't be doing it. Run the numbers and there is no way you can stay afloat by blindly giving away 50% of the top bids...in some scenarios yes, but in alot of scenarios you will lose out big. Also giving away 5% of bids every time a person you referred buys bids depreciates the bids value. I believe alot of sites fail due to bid depreciation that is self inflicted by the PA site owner.

Again, good luck with that.

dpennybidder
  • dpennybidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

i have a few questions about your site. I manage to win 2 auctons. How do i exchange the item for cash. I see the button that says exchange but nothing happens. I am not sure if your site is even live because there isn;t a whole lot of traffic and quite a few pricey items. Plus the fact that you are from India makes me at least a little leary. The site was running very slowly for me i don;t know if it was because of my computer but for me there was definently some lags.

bella83
  • bella83
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

i have a few questions about your site. I manage to win 2 auctons. How do i exchange the item for cash. I see the button that says exchange but nothing happens. I am not sure if your site is even live because there isn;t a whole lot of traffic and quite a few pricey items. Plus the fact that you are from India makes me at least a little leary. The site was running very slowly for me i don;t know if it was because of my computer but for me there was definently some lags.

same problems

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I keep getting weird error pop ups and the page jumps all over the place. Very strange.

bella83
  • bella83
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

it worked best with internet explorer compared to firefox

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Okay, this site seems a bit suspicious. Like an idiot, I bought some bids. Unfortunately, they haven't shown up in my account. I did use the contact form to send an email.

BidGuru, what's going on?

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

It is better with IE...I'm not getting as many errors, but the page still jumps and the auction I was on froze at 0...I never saw that someone else placed a bid. lol

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Okay, this site seems a bit suspicious. Like an idiot, I bought some bids. Unfortunately, they haven't shown up in my account. I did use the contact form to send an email.

Hey AllynS...on that bidpack auction that you just won against me....when you placed your bid, did it register for you? It was so weird...I didn't see anyone place a bid...timer went to 0 and just froze there but I saw the price go up...I had to refresh and by the time it loaded again, the auction ended. lol
I dont want to buy bids until I test it more...2 free bids just isnt cutting it to really test the timers....I need at least 10 LOL.

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hey AllynS...on that bidpack auction that you just won against me....when you placed your bid, did it register for you? It was so weird...I didn't see anyone place a bid...timer went to 0 and just froze there but I saw the price go up...I had to refresh and by the time it loaded again, the auction ended. lol
I dont want to buy bids until I test it more...2 free bids just isnt cutting it to really test the timers....I need at least 10 LOL.

Hi,

Sorry about that! Yes, it registered just fine. I just placed the bid on a whim close to the time it was closing. I wanted to see how to pay or claim an auction but that link wasn't working at all. I am really sorry I bought a bid pack as it still isn't in my account and I don't know what's up with the site. I just checked it seemed like a lot of the auctions just disappeared. Did it look that way to you?

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Hi guys,
We are here to address all your concerns because we are here to stay and for that we need your support. Actually we are in the online testing phase and the auctions were put up by the developers for testing and we weren't expecting traffic. I know people said there were pricey auctions but they were for testing but now as the traffic came and people won some auctions we promise to deliver them too you.

But I'll say that irrespective of the no. of auctions and products won we will send one iPod shuffle to all the iPod touch, nano or shuffle winners. The Amazon gift card and Bid package winners will receive their respective goods. I hope this will be acceptable to all.

And we have noticed most of the problems that you have stated and we are working on them. We will be online in a day or two max with all of them resolved and with lots more auctions. Till then get your friends too to register as we will be putting up iPods for lucky draw for every 50 new members registered.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

I was watching the auction and saw the bids register. Put the screen jumps all over and kept logging me out using chrome.

Hi,

Sorry about that! Yes, it registered just fine. I just placed the bid on a whim close to the time it was closing. I wanted to see how to pay or claim an auction but that link wasn't working at all. I am really sorry I bought a bid pack as it still isn't in my account and I don't know what's up with the site. I just checked it seemed like a lot of the auctions just disappeared. Did it look that way to you?

Also bought a bid pack which never materialized in my account. All the auctions with no bids yet seemed to disappear. I think it is around 8:30 am in India right now - think someone did not want a bunch of auctions going for 1 or 2 cents.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Hi,

YES!! Auctions are disappearing left and right..auctions say SOLD but no bids were placed and they werent even supposed to start for hours yet..and the only auctions left standing are the bid packs that real people placed bids on....this site is really really strange!!!!
Did the bids that you won get put into your account yet??? It says we don't pay auction end price or shipping so that should be automatic.
I hope you get a refund...this site does not seem legit at all...or if it is, they have some major issues where auctions disappear into thin air..

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. There is no user registered with the name IAmHere2Stay. Can you please mail your details on support@thebidguru.com so that we can check your payment and add the bought bids to your account?

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I was watching the auction and saw the bids register. Put the screen jumps all over and kept logging me out using chrome.

Also bought a bid pack which never materialized in my account. All the auctions with no bids yet seemed to disappear. I think it is around 8:30 am in India right now - think someone did not want a bunch of auctions going for 1 or 2 cents.

Hi all,
As mentioned earlier the auctions were put up by developers for testing and still we are sending iPod shuffles to everyone who won an iPod and that is the reason why the new auctions were removed.

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hi guys,
We are here to address all your concerns because we are here to stay and for that we need your support. Actually we are in the online testing phase and the auctions were put up by the developers for testing and we weren't expecting traffic. I know people said there were pricey auctions but they were for testing but now as the traffic came and people won some auctions we promise to deliver them too you.

But I'll say that irrespective of the no. of auctions and products won we will send one iPod shuffle to all the iPod touch, nano or shuffle winners. The Amazon gift card and Bid package winners will receive their respective goods. I hope this will be acceptable to all.

And we have noticed most of the problems that you have stated and we are working on them. We will be online in a day or two max with all of them resolved and with lots more auctions. Till then get your friends too to register as we will be putting up iPods for lucky draw for every 50 new members registered.

That sounds good with me. Thanks for keeping us informed. Good luck in putting the finishing touches on the site.

Wayne
  • Wayne
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Okay so you are saying that any won auctions will be shipped. How about won bid packages will they be credited??

And if we won a Gift Card we don't have to claim this it will be sent to us directly??

Please clarify!!
Thanks

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Okay so you are saying that any won auctions will be shipped. How about won bid packages will they be credited??

And if we won a Gift Card we don't have to claim this it will be sent to us directly??

Please clarify!!
Thanks

Hi,
We are saying that since those were test acutions and since noone used bought bids we will be shipping iPod shuffle to all the iPod touch, nano or shuffle and Playstation winners. The gift card winners will get their code in email and the bid package winners will get their bids credited to their accounts.

TheBidGuru
  • TheBidGuru
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Hi all,
We have delivered the bid packages to all who won them. And other things are on way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users