canada new penny auction penny auction canada

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I think he meant did I will craploads and still belive there is a need for limits.
I have won an item or two, but yes, still believe the need for limits. There are a select few who monopolize the site and still no word if limits are coming.

Hey NeverWalks....did you ever get the game in the mail?
Has ANYONE received there wins in the mail yet?
I'm still playing the super suspicious card until I my win(s) get in
JonDuke

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I think he meant did I will craploads and still belive there is a need for limits.
I have won an item or two, but yes, still believe the need for limits. There are a select few who monopolize the site and still no word if limits are coming.

Hey NeverWalks....did you ever get the game in the mail?
Has ANYONE received there wins in the mail yet?
I'm still playing the super suspicious card until I my win(s) get in
JonDuke

LOL... yeah that's exactly what I meant :smilielol5: (although I meant win and not will ;) :smilielol5: )

I have won a fair few myself but still believe until they introduce win limits, many newbies will remain deeply put off by seeing the same winners all the time. As I said originally... I think no limits on the main (non bid 4 free items) is a very bad situation for them and that both in the short and long term, will do them more harm than good...

What items have you won?

I received the game that I won today, although to be fair to BidJX it should have actually been Tuesday that I received it. No one was home to sign for it on Tuesday when it first arrived and UPS left the usual ticket saying that they would attempt to re-deliver yesterday before noon, however did NOT show up, even after noon LOL. They did show up today though and I have my game which is brand new and sealed and sent from Amazon Export. That was a super fast shipping time by anyones standards... I just hope that the items I won and paid for yesterday have an equally super fast shipping time.

As you all know, I would be considered to be a seasoned bidder, so as such, I will still be using caution until this site has proven themselves over a period of time and will not base my use of this site upon the receipt of just one item worth $60 when I am now approaching the $400 mark in money spent there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

...[I] will not base my use of this site upon the receipt of just one item worth $60 when I am now approaching the $400 mark in money spent there.

Neverwalks, I promise that if you pay me $400 I will send you ANY $60 game you want from Amazon. Take that BIDJX. I think I just stole one of your customers.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Neverwalks, I promise that if you pay me $400 I will send you ANY $60 game you want from Amazon. Take that BIDJX. I think I just stole one of your customers.

LOL... I should think anyone would.. however I also won other stuff... my current win value is just short of the $300.00 mark and I have a pretty healthy bid balance still available to me so it's all good for myself with the use of BidJX thus far :) ...Like I say... as soon as I receive the items that I won yesterday this will make me feel much more comfortable as far as remaining an active member there. For the time being, as I stated above, I will remain cautious.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

WoW...what a disgracefully high entry point by R***Z**bu on the Xbox360 :eek: never even heard of, or seen a Zib** on any of the sites out there so not sure why the Real :smilielol5: ...this player has some great springs attached to the soles of their feet, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

They won it too :( ....what a shame :(

Edited by neverwalks, 03 December 2010 - 04:03 AM.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

WoW...what a disgracefully high entry point by R***Z**bu on the Xbox360 :eek: never even heard of, or seen a Zib** on any of the sites out there so not sure why the Real :smilielol5: ...this player has some great springs attached to the soles of their feet, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

They won it too :( ....what a shame :(

Think that may be a play of words on the realvibbu?

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Think that may be a play of words on the realvibbu?

Ya think? ;) ...but if a player is smart enough to know the realvi**u, or even just v*bb*, does this user not think that other bidders would be smart enough to know the difference? maybe they got their ass kicked by the realvi**u or v*bb* and realized that he is a PB and decided to try and fool others into thinking that he/she is one? PB's don't have springs attached to the soles of their feet, so in playing the way that this player plays, the very fact that they play this way exposes them, if that makes sense? :smilielol5: who knows?.. but I would have thought any bidder that has seen V in action would know be savvy enough to spot the Z :smilielol5:

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Nothing common about common sense.;)

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Nothing common about common sense.;)

Sad... but true LOL

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Anyone else ever get anything from here?
I still think this site is super fishy

bradjar
  • bradjar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

When you watch the free bidpack auctions and there are several at one time, I have noticed that bids change on more than one auction by the SAME bidder. At the Same Time. I'm getting older but I did eat alot of carrots and still do so my eyes are good. Just watch and see what you think.*huh**huh*

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I'm waiting for notification on shipping of my wins too. Emailed them several times now about when they will be shipped out and I haven't gotten any response. It's making me nervous. I am holding off on buying any more bids too until I hear from them.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I spoke to their support yesterday...

Here is what was said...

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:05:52 -0500
To: <support@bidjx.com>
Subject: RE: Won auction

Hi,

I sent an email to your shipping department but have yet to hear anything back. Can you please advise as to when I am likely to receive the last 2 items that I paid for. Questions are starting to be asked about users receiving their items.

The items I paid for were these...

bidjx.com

bidjx.com

I have also won a dvd set and a $50 gift card but do not want to part with any more money until I have received the items above or have at least received tracking numbers.

Hey,

****** all users have to understand we don't not control shipping, all items are being shipped as soon as they can, the time frame is based on the courier. But most your items have been shipped and shoukd be arriving shortly.

Thanks,

BidJx

Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

I have an uneasy feeling about this site which is not based on anything concrete.

Less than 2 minutes after a "free to bid" bid pack auction ended I received an email from the site asking me how soon I was going to pay for it. To be fair to them, I had won a second smaller bid pack earlier in the day and, unbeknownst to me, I had won a third bid pack the day before. I watched someone place a bid over my last bid in first auction so I am unclear how I won that - but that is a different issue.

I have been somewhat stewing over this email and the more I have thought about it the less comfortable I feel. I should also mention that they offered to give me an additional 50 bids if I paid for the auction immediately.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I have an uneasy feeling about this site which is not based on anything concrete.

Less than 2 minutes after a "free to bid" bid pack auction ended I received an email from the site asking me how soon I was going to pay for it. To be fair to them, I had won a second smaller bid pack earlier in the day and, unbeknownst to me, I had won a third bid pack the day before. I watched someone place a bid over my last bid in first auction so I am unclear how I won that - but that is a different issue.

I have been somewhat stewing over this email and the more I have thought about it the less comfortable I feel. I should also mention that they offered to give me an additional 50 bids if I paid for the auction immediately.

OMG...that's ridiculous, and although I was already cautious, I can't believe they offered you extra bids just for paying for a won auction. I have 2 auctions that I refuse to pay for until I receive my other wins, as mentioned above. They have taken plenty of money from auctions, but they have also lost a whole bundle of money from auctions. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I receive the items mentioned above. As soon as/if I receive them, I'll let you all know :)

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

OMG...that's ridiculous, and although I was already cautious, I can't believe they offered you extra bids just for paying for a won auction. I have 2 auctions that I refuse to pay for until I receive my other wins, as mentioned above. They have taken plenty of money from auctions, but they have also lost a whole bundle of money from auctions. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I receive the items mentioned above. As soon as/if I receive them, I'll let you all know :)

That was exactly what started making me feel uneasy about them. I did not pay for that auction until the next day.

Also, I sent them a couple of emails asking for specifics on some of the items. Never got a response.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

That was exactly what started making me feel uneasy about them. I did not pay for that auction until the next day.

Also, I sent them a couple of emails asking for specifics on some of the items. Never got a response.

I usually get a lightning fast response from their support email... not so fast from their shipping email though... go figure :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

For what it's worth, here's my .02 on the site.

I won a 50.00 gift card to futureshop.com. The gift card had a 10.00 shipping fee (which is crazy for an e-gift card), but I was OK with it since I won the gift card for just a couple of bids which happened to be free. I knew futureshop.com was a Canadian site, but I didn't realize until I looked further into it that they don't even ship to the US. I hadn't paid BidJX yet. When I found that out, I asked BidJX I could get 50.00 worth of bids instead.

Here was the first reply:
"What we can do is for the 10 dollars give you 20 bids, so just go ahead and pay the 10 dollars and you'll get in return get 20 bids which are valued at $18.00 regularly."

and I said:
"Well, I won a 50.00 item, so I'd like a 50.00 item in exchange. (50.00 worth of bids, a 50.00 Amazon.com gift card, or something). Otherwise, I'll just take the FuturesShop.com gift card."

and they said (lol):
"The most we can do is for $10 is give you 35 bids."

I mean, they should have either A) Not made me pay shipping and give me 40.00 worth of bids, B) Made me pay shipping and give me 50.00 worth of bids, or C) Just say no and let me get the gift card and give it to neverwalks!! (:P) I finally just gave in, paid the 10.00, and got 35 bids and wasted them. Haven't been back since. I never did get a very good vibe from the site.

bid2dead
  • bid2dead
  • Members
  • 682 posts

I usually get a lightning fast response from their support email... not so fast from their shipping email though... go figure :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

You should put a pause on your finger for now.
:P

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

For what it's worth, here's my .02 on the site.

I won a 50.00 gift card to futureshop.com. The gift card had a 10.00 shipping fee (which is crazy for an e-gift card), but I was OK with it since I won the gift card for just a couple of bids which happened to be free. I knew futureshop.com was a Canadian site, but I didn't realize until I looked further into it that they don't even ship to the US. I hadn't paid BidJX yet. When I found that out, I asked BidJX I could get 50.00 worth of bids instead.

Here was the first reply:
"What we can do is for the 10 dollars give you 20 bids, so just go ahead and pay the 10 dollars and you'll get in return get 20 bids which are valued at $18.00 regularly."

and I said:
"Well, I won a 50.00 item, so I'd like a 50.00 item in exchange. (50.00 worth of bids, a 50.00 Amazon.com gift card, or something). Otherwise, I'll just take the FuturesShop.com gift card."

and they said (lol):
"The most we can do is for $10 is give you 35 bids."

I mean, they should have either A) Not made me pay shipping and give me 40.00 worth of bids, B) Made me pay shipping and give me 50.00 worth of bids, or C) Just say no and let me get the gift card and give it to neverwalks!! (:P) I finally just gave in, paid the 10.00, and got 35 bids and wasted them. Haven't been back since. I never did get a very good vibe from the site.

That's absurd! And wrong on soooo many levels.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canada, new penny auction, penny auction canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users