Started by BidJx , Nov 15 2010 02:54 AM
canada new penny auction penny auction canada

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

You should put a pause on your finger for now.
:P

I have ;) ...I've stopped bidding and am not paying for 2 of my won items until I have received the others.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I'm surprised you aren't jumping on my 50.00 gift card offer, neverwalks! As the only Canadian (or Canadian resident, anyways) that I know, I thought it would be fitting. Maybe I should still ask.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I'm surprised you aren't jumping on my 50.00 gift card offer, neverwalks! As the only Canadian (or Canadian resident, anyways) that I know, I thought it would be fitting. Maybe I should still ask.

What offer is this that you speak of? LOL... I am struggling to keep up with posts :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: Everyone seems to be in a chatty mood tonight LOL

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Back up.. Ehhhh.. About 4/5 posts or so.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Back up.. Ehhhh.. About 4/5 posts or so.

Ahhhh KK... thats a bummer... they tried the same thing with me when I asked about trading a dvd set LOL. I said No though....

It's a pity you didn't take the card... we could have swapped LOL. I have a $50 target card and it's no good to me either hahaha.

I will take the dvd set though... I would rather strap the discs to my knees and use them for sliding down an ice slope than take the bids they were offering :smilielol5:

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Just an update from "StrangeyFastWench" on BidJx. I finally got a response today on the amazon gift cards I won. I had originally emailed them on Dec. 3 and asked if they could email me the e gift codes instead of sending the cards through the mail.

They did not give me a definite answer. They said they were looking into it and if they couldn't do that, they would try to "expedite shipping of a physical gift card through Amazon".

Now, you know they could email them in a second if they wanted too. Also, they still haven't emailed or sent anything so it really doesn't mean much other than they finally responded.

Secondly, I still have the other wins outstanding too that they haven't responded about. It's weird that on their site, there isn't a place to look to see what your tracking number is or what day it was sent out.

All the wins would most probably be placed through Amazon anyway so I can't understand what the delay would be.

Another thing that makes me nervous is that the dates of my wins have changed in my account. I won and paid for the items on 12/2 and 12/3. My account now says that I won these items on 12/4 and 12/6. Hmmm .... I brought this to their attention and they haven't replied.

The shipping charges are so high here that the shipping alone runs into quite a bit of money when you really look at it. With those kind of shipping charges, you think they could respond quickly and ship quickly.

Previously they responded amazingly quick to any questions. It seem that as to shipping questions though, they aren't.

I've really enjoyed this site but am staying away until I know our items our on their way to us.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I have just received this email from them....

We will provide tracking numbers when the ordered items ship.

We had a difficult time having Target ship to you directly, so we have directed the card to be forwarded to us through a US address we have. Do you want to exchange that for a Canadian vendor of your choice (we have $50 gift cards on hand currently for Future Shop, HBC, and the Body Shop). Even if you specify any other retailer in Canada (that is at least operational in Alberta), we can forward that choice to you no later than Friday. If you would like to wait for the Target card, you should expect it sometime the week of the 20th.

As always, I will keep the thread updated of any correspondence and if any wins arrive :)

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Thanks NeverWalks. So, you're in Canada then? I'm in the U.S so they should have no problems shipping via Amazon to me. Any correspondance and update is a good thing. I'll keep everyone posted too.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I have just received this email from them....

We will provide tracking numbers when the ordered items ship.

We had a difficult time having Target ship to you directly, so we have directed the card to be forwarded to us through a US address we have. Do you want to exchange that for a Canadian vendor of your choice (we have $50 gift cards on hand currently for Future Shop, HBC, and the Body Shop). Even if you specify any other retailer in Canada (that is at least operational in Alberta), we can forward that choice to you no later than Friday. If you would like to wait for the Target card, you should expect it sometime the week of the 20th.

As always, I will keep the thread updated of any correspondence and if any wins arrive :)

That's not fair. They wouldn't exchange my gift card. If they do that for you, they're gonna have problems with me! They wouldn't even exchange it for an equal number of bids, much less an actual card! Grrr. :mad:

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Thanks NeverWalks. So, you're in Canada then? I'm in the U.S so they should have no problems shipping via Amazon to me. Any correspondance and update is a good thing. I'll keep everyone posted too.

Yup, I sure am. They have no trouble shipping to Canada from Amazon export because I have already received a video game from them which was sent from Amazon. I think the problem they had with Target is that they don't ship to Canada, which is just as well for me really as the Target card would have been pretty useless to me. I thought all sites are happy to exchange gift cards for other stores which was why I bid on it in the first place.

That's not fair. They wouldn't exchange my gift card. If they do that for you, they're gonna have problems with me! They wouldn't even exchange it for an equal number of bids, much less an actual card! Grrr. :mad:

LOL... so you asked them to exchange the card for another and they said no? I know they don't really grasp the correct way that bid trades usually work... it's their business though and they can work them however they choose. As I said to you before.. when they tried the same offer with me, I just refused... like I say, I'd rather use the dvds strapped to my knees to be used as a slippery object to slide on an ice patch than take what bids they were offering :smilielol5:

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Very quick post/update...
I did indeed receive two items today.
They were 2 of my higher value items that I had won.
Soooo....I now feel like an ass again for doubting, but I guess one can never be too careful
I agree that customer service needs to answer questions better, but I did get a very good start to my won items!

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Yup, I sure am. They have no trouble shipping to Canada from Amazon export because I have already received a video game from them which was sent from Amazon. I think the problem they had with Target is that they don't ship to Canada, which is just as well for me really as the Target card would have been pretty useless to me. I thought all sites are happy to exchange gift cards for other stores which was why I bid on it in the first place.

LOL... so you asked them to exchange the card for another and they said no? I know they don't really grasp the correct way that bid trades usually work... it's their business though and they can work them however they choose. As I said to you before.. when they tried the same offer with me, I just refused... like I say, I'd rather use the dvds strapped to my knees to be used as a slippery object to slide on an ice patch than take what bids they were offering :smilielol5:

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Hahaha. Yes, and like I said, I'd rather just share the GC with a Canadian friend then be screwed out of the value.

I asked for an amazon.com gift card or anything else that he'd agree to, and the only think he'd agree to was 35 bids that I STILL had to pay 10.00 "shipping" for.

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Soooo....I now feel like an ass again for doubting, but I guess one can never be too careful
I agree that customer service needs to answer questions better, but I did get a very good start to my won items!

Congrat's JonDuke! What day did you win the items? Did they send you an email that they were shipping them?

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Never ever feel that way JD... you had EVERY right to be concerned given the circumstances ;) ...if you ever get "THAT" feeling, you should always share with the community..whether you are proven right or wrong is irrelevant, the sharing of information is paramount on a site such as this ;) ...sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong, as with many things in life. I'm VERY pleased that you received your items :)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Hahaha. Yes, and like I said, I'd rather just share the GC with a Canadian friend then be screwed out of the value.

I asked for an amazon.com gift card or anything else that he'd agree to, and the only think he'd agree to was 35 bids that I STILL had to pay 10.00 "shipping" for.

And I would have gratefully accepted had you not accepted their silly bid offer :P :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

JKDBlake
  • JKDBlake
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Anyone else ever get anything from here?
I still think this site is super fishy

I won the x-box free auction last week but haven't yet paid for it because I haven't received either a visa card that I won or the itunes card I won....I just emailed them so we will see....!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I won the x-box free auction last week but haven't yet paid for it because I haven't received either a visa card that I won or the itunes card I won....I just emailed them so we will see....!

Good luck... I hope you receive your goodies. I received a $50 gift card (Target exchanged for Amazon) a few days ago so it looks like the wins are being shipped. They aren't the fastest with their shipping, but at least they are shipping :)

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I haven't received anything yet and I've emailed them a lot without getting responses from them. I'm getting very concerned about this site.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I received a dvd box set yesterday... that's 3 of 5 I have received now. Once I have received the necklace and the dremil tool thingymajiggy I shall start bidding again :)

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I apologize to BidJx as I did receive 2 of my amazon gc's today. Now I'm just outstanding 2 things and I'll start to bid again too.

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Bidjx is on this site... They made the very first post here... I wonder why they don't come in here and explain themselves.... Hmmm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canada, new penny auction, penny auction canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users