canada new penny auction penny auction canada

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my other two wins from BidJx!

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

"Shipping/winning fees" are still extremely high and I wish they would lower them.
An Archos Tablet went tonight. Bid4Free style though.
$34.95 for shipping!!!!!!!!!!!! And US only for that one.
$34.95?????
Also, $100 Amazon card that went had a $14.95 "winning/shipping fee".
Not sure why they don't just email you the gift card.
I have received another item from them.
Email responses are now selective, and many times avoid the main questions. When they DO answer, they are quick, but, recently I have seen decline in answering main questions.
Overall I like the site and see potential, but they REALLY need to change a few things to make this a top contender in the PA world.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

An update to the thread....

I just wanted to let you all know that today I received the final two items that I was waiting for :) I'm very pleased that I received everything before Christmas :)

All my wins have been paid out by this site so far and I have to say that the shipping times were pretty good too :)

Good luck with your bidding and Happy Holidays everyone :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Here is a list of the insane shipping prices for various items.
$50 Home Depot card - $10.95
$100 Home Depot Card - $12.95
$25 Amazon Card - $5.25
$50 Amazon Card - $10.95
$100 Amazon Card - $14.95 (same size and weight...no idea why the drastic difference in pricing, especially with the E-cards available)
$100 WalMart Card - $14.95
A circular saw cost $14.95 to ship, while a pair of diamond earrings, which weigh 1/100th of the saw, cost $24.95 to ship
Nintendo Wii - $24.95
Apple TV - $24.95 (Apple doesn't charge even close to that to ship)
50 bid pack - $2.00 on top of the bid for free cost...this is actually understandable...kind of)
100 bid pack - $4.25 on top of the bid for free price you paid
300 bid pack - $6.95 on top of the bid for free price you paid. Aagin...same item, so why a difference in fees????
A "$40" DVD - $10.95

I again will stress that this site needs to change their shipping fees. Most seem rather expensive for what is being shipped.
They haven't even logged into PAW since posting their first post, starting this thread. Sure hope they lurk and take some suggestions.

Also, this site reminds me of GasBids, where every second item is a bid pack, and half of the actual items are bid 4 free.
So essentially, you have a bunch of people loading up on bid 4 free bid packs and not being able to use those bids on high end products because most go the bid 4 free route.

Also, I know change my above statement about lightning fast email responses as I have sent numerous inquiries about 2 separate concerns, and have had no replies whatsoever.

Lorne
  • Lorne
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hello All,
I (in the usa) have received 2 wins from 11/22 and 12/8. I am waiting on 2 from 12/8 still, one being an Amazon card. I am sitting on 3 other wins to see if I should pay or not. No experience with customer service as I have just contacted them. I had enough concerns to hold on paying for the 3 but if I get my previous wins I likely will continue, hope they do not cancel my unpaid wins before I get the paid wins.

Just a bid thanks to all of you on this forum, I find it useful and a bit of a stress reliever when I see similar concerns. I have been burned lightly on a few sites and a little more severely on Bidsauce!

Happy Holidays to All

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

For what it's worth, here's my .02 on the site.

I won a 50.00 gift card to futureshop.com. The gift card had a 10.00 shipping fee (which is crazy for an e-gift card), but I was OK with it since I won the gift card for just a couple of bids which happened to be free. I knew futureshop.com was a Canadian site, but I didn't realize until I looked further into it that they don't even ship to the US. I hadn't paid BidJX yet. When I found that out, I asked BidJX I could get 50.00 worth of bids instead.

Here was the first reply:
"What we can do is for the 10 dollars give you 20 bids, so just go ahead and pay the 10 dollars and you'll get in return get 20 bids which are valued at $18.00 regularly."

and I said:
"Well, I won a 50.00 item, so I'd like a 50.00 item in exchange. (50.00 worth of bids, a 50.00 Amazon.com gift card, or something). Otherwise, I'll just take the FuturesShop.com gift card."

and they said (lol):
"The most we can do is for $10 is give you 35 bids."

I mean, they should have either A) Not made me pay shipping and give me 40.00 worth of bids, B) Made me pay shipping and give me 50.00 worth of bids, or C) Just say no and let me get the gift card and give it to neverwalks!! (:P) I finally just gave in, paid the 10.00, and got 35 bids and wasted them. Haven't been back since. I never did get a very good vibe from the site.

That's a bunch of crap. Your bid exchange or Amazon e-card request was more than reasonable. They probably were looking for any flimsy excuse not to have to essentially lose almost $50 to ship you a card you won with free bids.

Lorne
  • Lorne
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I see Bidjx is making some changes, I received a response to my inquiries last night, hopefully I will receive my items soon.

IBid4Evr
  • IBid4Evr
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I have won a few things on BidJX, but there seems to be a problem with them accepting payment though. I have paid for 2 of my wins through Paypal, but BIDJX still has these auctions marked as needing to be paid for. I have Paypal receipts for the payments. Repeated emails to support have not been answered, and no one answers at the phone number. Very Suspicious site

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I have won a few things on BidJX, but there seems to be a problem with them accepting payment though. I have paid for 2 of my wins through Paypal, but BIDJX still has these auctions marked as needing to be paid for. I have Paypal receipts for the payments. Repeated emails to support have not been answered, and no one answers at the phone number. Very Suspicious site

I've had the same thing happen. I still have wins showing as "unpaid" that I've already received in the mail.
Just one of MANY things they need to fix. This site should have done a sigificant greater amount of beta testing before their launch.
The bugs go on and on and on while the emails repeatedly go unanswered.
But the suspicious/sketchiness of this site is undeniable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canada, new penny auction, penny auction canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users