Background Image

Wanna Sell On A Penny Auction Site?

Started by Lioness77 , Nov 17 2010 09:15 PM
auction bid cell phones penny sell

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Going to Try Moloyo.com? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Going to Try Moloyo.com?

1. Yes (2 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No (4 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I found a great new penny auction site that allows you to sell as well as bid!

Check it out it's called Moloyo.com

And, if you want to buy a Brand New cell phone at a penny auction price, they have those too!!!

:)

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

By the way, the bid packages are some of the lowest priced I have yet to see!

Go check it out :)

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Growing Quick : )

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Hi...are you affiliated with the site? Just wondering....

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi caveninit.
No, I can not say that I am.
But what I do happen to be is someone who happened to stumble onto this site, through this one actually.
I saw so much great potential that I thought that everyone should know that there is a new opportunity to sell that the other penny auction sites are not offering. I also found the prices of the bid packs very competitive (as stated before).
You have to understand caveninit, before I found this site I spent TONS of time selling on Eba.. and not seeing the profits that I was truly after. I have also been burned pretty badly buying at another penny auction site (b*dsau*e.com). I think a lot of you know who I'm talking about!
I do sell on the site and wanted to spread the word.
This is not only because I am selling, that's just a runner-up, I really want people to know that there is a Great site where they won't get burned. and the bids are very fairly priced.
If there is a problem, please let me know.
I am just so very excited about what is happening at the site I can hardly contain myself !
I posted here bacause it IS a new site : )
Thanks for asking and Have A Wonderful Day!!!

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Hi caveninit.
No, I can not say that I am.
But what I do happen to be is someone who happened to stumble onto this site, through this one actually.
I saw so much great potential that I thought that everyone should know that there is a new opportunity to sell that the other penny auction sites are not offering. I also found the prices of the bid packs very competitive (as stated before).
You have to understand caveninit, before I found this site I spent TONS of time selling on Eba.. and not seeing the profits that I was truly after. I have also been burned pretty badly buying at another penny auction site (b*dsau*e.com). I think a lot of you know who I'm talking about!
I do sell on the site and wanted to spread the word.
This is not only because I am selling, that's just a runner-up, I really want people to know that there is a Great site where they won't get burned. and the bids are very fairly priced.
If there is a problem, please let me know.
I am just so very excited about what is happening at the site I can hardly contain myself !
I posted here bacause it IS a new site : )
Thanks for asking and Have A Wonderful Day!!!

Yup and every auction has a reserve to make sure you make money.. Goodluck with the site and selling your items.

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yes, you are right but that is also how bidders can win items at below wholesale prices! It's a Win/Win, and Thank You :)

Rob
  • Rob
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Hi...are you affiliated with the site? Just wondering....

Yep, I can verify that this user is not part of the site, just one of our early adopters who loves the site, and I can't say in words how much I appreciate this user becoming one of our first "brand evangelists."

If the PAW admin and terms don't have an issue against it, I don't see why you can't put your storefront URL in here Lioness77.

Rob
  • Rob
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Yup and every auction has a reserve to make sure you make money.. Goodluck with the site and selling your items.

what's wrong with that? If you win an item for just a few bucks why is that a bad thing for anyone? At first I thought your comment was supposed to be supportive but now I see you have a problem with the site. Please, tell me more from your perspective, I'd like to know more about what you're thinking is wrong with Moloyo.

FallingReign
  • FallingReign
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I might test the waters with changing reserves.
eg. an item worth $50 with a reserve $0.10 - $10.00
Sometimes I'd loose money sometimes I'd make money.

Just a couple of questions.
1. Can you auction PayPal Cash?
2. Can I be a seller if I'm from Australia?
Penny Auction Project Group!
Don't forget to Rep or Like if you find these posts helpful!

Rob
  • Rob
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

I might test the waters with changing reserves.
eg. an item worth $50 with a reserve $0.10 - $10.00
Sometimes I'd loose money sometimes I'd make money.

Just a couple of questions.
1. Can you auction PayPal Cash?
2. Can I be a seller if I'm from Australia?

Excellent questions...

1. I think it's best of we steer away from just cash, of any sort.
2. In our terms etc, we say we're only US based, and so should everything that comes with it. With that said, after speaking to some people, such as the PAW admin, people like drop-shipping, often more than shipping from a user's home. So, with that said, I feel confident in saying that the item itself needs to be shipped from the US. In other words, drop-shipping is OK, as long as it comes from a company here in the US. Of course I'd like to open the site up world wide, but we have to take baby steps here...

FallingReign
  • FallingReign
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Excellent questions...

1. I think it's best of we steer away from just cash, of any sort.
2. In our terms etc, we say we're only US based, and so should everything that comes with it. With that said, after speaking to some people, such as the PAW admin, people like drop-shipping, often more than shipping from a user's home. So, with that said, I feel confident in saying that the item itself needs to be shipped from the US. In other words, drop-shipping is OK, as long as it comes from a company here in the US. Of course I'd like to open the site up world wide, but we have to take baby steps here...

Thanks Rob. I'll be sure to check out the selling portion today.
I will give feedback on how it goes.

Rob
  • Rob
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Thanks Rob. I'll be sure to check out the selling portion today.
I will give feedback on how it goes.

Awesome.

Be sure to check out our Help, at Wiki · Moloyo if you have any questions, or be sure to shoot me an email on the site on of course here. Thanks for the interest, we all appreciate it.

FallingReign
  • FallingReign
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Awesome.

Be sure to check out our Help, at Wiki · Moloyo if you have any questions, or be sure to shoot me an email on the site on of course here. Thanks for the interest, we all appreciate it.

Ok created a seller account, looks like I cant upload images at all.
I am using google chrome.

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ok created a seller account, looks like I cant upload images at all.
I am using google chrome.

Hey Falling, try firefox if you can. It seems to be a bit faster and has worked better for me :)

Lioness77
  • Lioness77
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

My Storefront Link -
Profiles - Moloyo
Come Visit !

FallingReign
  • FallingReign
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Hey Falling, try firefox if you can. It seems to be a bit faster and has worked better for me :)

FireFox worked, that's strange.

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

what's wrong with that? If you win an item for just a few bucks why is that a bad thing for anyone? At first I thought your comment was supposed to be supportive but now I see you have a problem with the site. Please, tell me more from your perspective, I'd like to know more about what you're thinking is wrong with Moloyo.

Rob, I'm not trying to be a downer, but I bought bids and now my email is constantly full of, Your Bids Have Been Refunded! .. Now am I supposed to constantly watch your site and wait for 1 other person to help me bid an item up so at least it reaches reserve? Reserves don't work 90% of the time, and you have a very very small user base most of which are trying to sell gift cards at reserve that I'm pretty sure they don't have. I don't blame them for trying to make money, why not put up a gift card that has a reserve so you can make a few bucks just to order it through amazon. Your business model lacks the ability for a user to get a good deal.. If I'm wrong please tell me a few of your users (buyers not sellers) that have gotten a great deal. I wish you luck..

Rob
  • Rob
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Rob, I'm not trying to be a downer, but I bought bids and now my email is constantly full of, Your Bids Have Been Refunded! .. Now am I supposed to constantly watch your site and wait for 1 other person to help me bid an item up so at least it reaches reserve? Reserves don't work 90% of the time, and you have a very very small user base most of which are trying to sell gift cards at reserve that I'm pretty sure they don't have. I don't blame them for trying to make money, why not put up a gift card that has a reserve so you can make a few bucks just to order it through amazon. Your business model lacks the ability for a user to get a good deal.. If I'm wrong please tell me a few of your users (buyers not sellers) that have gotten a great deal. I wish you luck..

I don't think our 350+ users (since we opened to the public 7 weeks ago) would agree with your statement that we have a very very small user base.

I put together this little diagram that I hope explains things a little more clearly:

Posted Image

As for users I can suggest to you, if you have seen BidBully in these forums, or on other sites, I'm sure he/she can vouch for this model working. This user has won many items on the site already and I'm sure they wouldn't mind backing these statements up.

I would like to offer you a chance to get your money back for the bids you purchased. I'll understand if there is still something you still don't like and you like to get your money back.

I hope this helps, I'm sorry to hear you're not pleased with the site. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Rob

p.s. We're also running a commercial on nationwide television that should help the growth of our user base.

2yW6jjEskgs

Edited by Rob, 23 November 2010 - 04:02 PM.
fix youtube

FallingReign
  • FallingReign
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

As promised I tested the site as a seller. (I'll test as a bidder soon)
I'm doing something a little different where all my reserves will be randomly calculated.
My first $20 gift card went for only $0.70 so I lost money there. I just put up a new auction hopefully this may bring me more luck.
I think the site has potential if other adopt the same method. Most of the sells seem to set their reserve so they always make a profit. I don't agree with that.
The reserve on my first item was only $0.20

I wont post a link to my page but you can find me if you search for FallingReign.

I think it will take some fine tuning to get it all smoothed out but its a place to start.
Here are some things I noticed.
  • It does not function well in the chrome browser, I had no luck uploading images.
  • When sending messages or adding auction descriptions it does not save the formatting instead just displays plain text.
  • Sellers need to be limited with how many items they can put up. It seems to me that there are way too many auctions, its almost spam.
  • I'd integrate some sort of credit/cash system so you could build up a cashflow on the site instead of it all being handled by paypal. If sellers keep accepting micro transactions we will end up banned.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auction, bid, cell phones, penny, sell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users